inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What were you doing when 2018 rolled around?

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 01/13/18 at 6:03 pm

I know it's a tad late but I just wanna know. Personally, I was watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest and screaming at the top of my lungs as soon as the ball dropped!!! I was like, "OMG, 2018 is here! Yes!!"  :D

Your turn guys, what were you all doing? :)

SailorSteven2017

Subject: Re: What were you doing when 2018 rolled around?

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 01/13/18 at 6:06 pm

I was just playing PUBG talking to an Xbox friend. 

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/13/18 at 8:09 pm

I was with my friend in my basement recording on Snapchat the ball dropping on the TV and once it hit 2018 we both literally screamed “HAPPY NEW YEAR!”

Written By: Wobo on 01/13/18 at 8:20 pm

In my room while my 6 year old cousin was sleeping on the floor and while my family was downstairs i was watching the ball drop watching Dick Clark also, yelling Lol.

Written By: 2001 on 01/14/18 at 12:34 am

I was at my boyfriend's mom's place in a small town a few hours drive away. We were watching CBC's New Years Eve countdown.

We planned to go outside and watch the fireworks, but it was dangerously cold that day, -30C (-22F) if I remember correctly, so we had to cancel our plans and stay inside.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/14/18 at 6:47 am

Watching the ball drop on TV and looking out the window to see where the fireworks were coming from that I heard.

I was at my boyfriend's mom's place in a small town a few hours drive away. We were watching CBC's New Years Eve countdown.

We planned to go outside and watch the fireworks, but it was dangerously cold that day, -30C (-22F) if I remember correctly, so we had to cancel our plans and stay inside.

It was horribly cold that night too over here so I preferred to stay indoors. It sucks because there was a new years event that sounded fun, but it would have meant driving in snow and standing in below freezing weather.

Written By: temaichi on 01/14/18 at 9:17 am

I was busy working on my album but i wasted too much time and spent the whole night watching YouTube videoes while waiting for the the ball to drop live for 2018 in New York. It was amazing.

Written By: Wobo on 01/14/18 at 3:30 pm

Watching the ball drop on TV and looking out the window to see where the fireworks were coming from that I heard.
It was horribly cold that night too over here so I preferred to stay indoors. It sucks because there was a new years event that sounded fun, but it would have meant driving in snow and standing in below freezing weather.

Yeah it's hard to believe it was 9 degrees in New York.  :o
It has the same weather in New York 20 years ago (1997) new years.
Still hard to believe though.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/14/18 at 3:32 pm

I was eating.  :-X  :-X  :-X

Written By: Lizardmatum on 01/14/18 at 3:36 pm

Was watching the London Fireworks on TV with my family.

Written By: Howard on 01/14/18 at 4:19 pm

I didn't stay up to watch the ball drop, I was quite tired from work the other day and on my day off I went to sleep early so I really did not care! :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/18 at 7:01 pm

Asleep. It was kind of funny considering we usually stay up to about 12:30 or so-sometimes later. But, we had a house full starting on the 30th, and didn't sleep too well that night either. They all left about 2 or 3 on New Year's Eve and we were just exhausted. So, we went to bed early-VERY unusual for us.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/15/18 at 5:51 am

I stayed up with friends and family, celebrated the New Year, and stayed up to see Times Square in New York (5am here).

Written By: karen on 01/15/18 at 11:34 am

We watched Les Miserables in DVD, pausing it to watch the countdown and fireworks from London on the tv.

We had a bit of a houseful as Elizabeth had planned to have a party with friends somewhere else but the smaller numbers made it easier to have it at our house.  So there was me, my husband, my mother-in-law, my teenage son in one room and my daughter and about a dozen 18 year olds in another

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 01/15/18 at 12:51 pm

I was asleep. Because what's so fun about celebrating a new year? ::) You're a year closer to death anyway.

Check for new replies or respond here...