inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Return of Circuit City

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/15/18 at 7:56 pm

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/28/circuit-city-is-back-from-the-dead-again.html

This was on the news too. The electronics store that shut down in 2009 ago is said to be making a comeback. I doubt the actual stores will be as big as they once were though. I want to see what happens with this, I miss that place.

Subject: Re: Return of Circuit City

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/18 at 8:07 pm

This was on the news too. The electronics store that shut down in 2009 ago is said to be making a comeback. I doubt the actual stores will be as big as they once were though. I want to see what happens with this, I miss that place.

Awesome news.  8)

Maybe this means that Monkey Wards will bring back Electric Avenue stores too.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/15/18 at 8:28 pm

Awesome news.  8)

Maybe this means that Monkey Wards will bring back Electric Avenue stores too.

Never heard of those, but you never know!

Written By: 2001 on 01/15/18 at 9:22 pm

We still have Circuit City in Canada, although it's called The Source (by Circuit City).

Actually it's a bit convoluted. In the '90s/early 2000s it was Radioshack. Like in the US in the '90s, Radioshack was everywhere. Then they got bought out by Circuit City, but the stores were still called Radioshack. Then Radioshack sued Circuit City for continuing to use its brand, so all the Radioshack stores were renamed to The Source.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/16/18 at 3:18 am

We still have Circuit City in Canada, although it's called The Source (by Circuit City).

Actually it's a bit convoluted. In the '90s/early 2000s it was Radioshack. Like in the US in the '90s, Radioshack was everywhere. Then they got bought out by Circuit City, but the stores were still called Radioshack. Then Radioshack sued Circuit City for continuing to use its brand, so all the Radioshack stores were renamed to The Source.

Really? I only knew of Radio Shack being called Radio Shack and Circuit City being Circuit City.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/16/18 at 5:37 am

Really? I only knew of Radio Shack being called Radio Shack and Circuit City being Circuit City.

Radio Schack was originally called Radio Shack. Then it was called Allied Radio Shack when it merged with Allied Electronics. It soon went back to just Radio Shack. Later it became Radioshack.

Written By: Howard on 01/16/18 at 7:05 am

Will it be as good as it was 10 years ago? ???

Written By: Slim95 on 01/16/18 at 6:06 pm

Here in Canada we have The Source which is like that. We used to have Radio Shack but don't anymore. I miss Radio Shack.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 01/24/18 at 10:49 pm

ReviewTechUSA (on YouTube) used to work at Circuit City.  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...