inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trendy things now that will be embrassing in the 2020s?

Written By: Milk on 01/18/18 at 12:46 pm

What do you predict they will be?

Subject: Re: Trendy things now that will be embrassing in the 2020s?

Written By: Slim95 on 01/18/18 at 1:01 pm

Selfies, memes, buzzwords (sjw, cuck, triggered, snowflake, etc.), and tight-pant wearing rappers will all be looked back as embarassing.

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 01/18/18 at 2:43 pm

Our fashion, especially men's fashion ;D
Trap songs
Taking a selfie with a Snapchat filter
...And sadly, our memes

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/18/18 at 3:47 pm

tight-pant wearing rappers will all be looked back as embarassing.

I'm sorry, but nothing will ever be more embarrassing than rappers wearing their pants below their butt.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 01/18/18 at 10:32 pm

Probably most of the 10s stuff but really the the thing I can see being embarrassing in the 2020s is the rappers and their styles.Honestly the rest of the 10s things aren't embarrassing just cringy but the rap we have now is super embarrassing.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/18 at 7:09 am

Selfies, memes, buzzwords (sjw, cuck, triggered, snowflake, etc.), and tight-pant wearing rappers will all be looked back as embarassing.

and more emojis.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 01/19/18 at 10:53 am

fidget spinners lol

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/18 at 10:55 am

fidget spinners lol
Seems like a waste of time and money?

Written By: Lizardmatum on 01/19/18 at 10:57 am

Seems like a waste of time and money?

I agree  ;D

Written By: ofkx on 01/19/18 at 11:00 am

those big ass eyebrows and over drawn lips instagram girls seem to love.

Written By: Howard on 01/19/18 at 1:47 pm

fidget spinners lol

I don't understand the fascination of those things?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/19/18 at 1:48 pm

those big ass eyebrows and over drawn lips instagram girls seem to love.

and pouty lips they make.

Written By: musicguy93 on 01/19/18 at 2:18 pm

Pretty much everything, with the exception of a few movies here and there, and the recent improvement in video games (since 2017). The fashion, the music, the social and political attitudes, the memes, T.V. shows (ex., everything trying too hard to be dark and edgy), etc., will all age very poorly.

Written By: Rainbowz on 01/19/18 at 3:48 pm

Our fashion, especially men's fashion ;D

And women's fashion too, however, I think men's fashion of the 2010's would still be more embarrassing IMO.

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/19/18 at 5:01 pm

Everything.

Written By: duenas8 on 01/19/18 at 11:45 pm

These songs will sound terribly cringe and also some words like SWAG 

kdemFfbS5H0
KQ6zr6kCPj8

Written By: Slim95 on 01/20/18 at 12:19 am

I don't think the Selfie song will be embarrassing because it is a parody and making fun of the embarrassing concept of Selfies. So that song should be looked back on and praised for making fun of selfies and the superficial culture. I really like that song for that reason.

Written By: piecesof93 on 01/20/18 at 12:23 am

These songs will sound terribly cringe and also some words like SWAG 

kdemFfbS5H0
KQ6zr6kCPj8

I absolutely HATED the EDM/electropop trend from this decade. IMO it was the worst time for music in history. But I just have a feeling that the children of this generation will grow up to be nostalgic towards those songs. 

For some reason I think they're going to romanticize this era of music the way many of us romanticize the millennium era (NYSNC*, Britney, BSB, Christina, etc). There were people who hated the teen pop trend in the late 90s/early 2000s and thought music was turning to sh!t. I feel like the cycle is just continuing and now I'm in their shoes. 

Written By: 2001 on 01/20/18 at 1:04 pm

The fashion, definitely.

Thick framed glasses, skinny jeans, man buns, beards, floral t-shirts, plaid, giant hoodies with giant logos, neon colours, high top sneakers (early 2010s), undercuts, piercings, tattoos, fake eyelashes, giant sweaters, Uggs, yoga pants, the side buzzcuts on women, backwards baseball caps etc.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/20/18 at 4:17 pm

The fashion, definitely.

Thick framed glasses, skinny jeans, man buns, beards, floral t-shirts, plaid, giant hoodies with giant logos, neon colours, high top sneakers (early 2010s), undercuts, piercings, tattoos, fake eyelashes, giant sweaters, Uggs, yoga pants, the side buzzcuts on women, backwards baseball caps etc.

Don't forget the green, blue, purple, yellow, (anything not red or pink) shades of lipstick girls who use Tumblr wear. Plus the mom jeans that go up to your armpits paired with crop tops. Especially any shirt turned into a crop top! Sweaters cut in half? FTW!  :o

Written By: XYkid on 01/21/18 at 10:51 pm

I'm sorry, but nothing will ever be more embarrassing than rappers wearing their pants below their butt.
At least those dudes can actually rap.

Written By: 2001 on 01/21/18 at 11:19 pm

Don't forget the green, blue, purple, yellow, (anything not red or pink) shades of lipstick girls who use Tumblr wear. Plus the mom jeans that go up to your armpits paired with crop tops. Especially any shirt turned into a crop top! Sweaters cut in half? FTW!  :o

I saw '80s style leggings today. It was orange and had all those weird patterns and everything!

Then not long after I saw a dude with undercut and those plug piercings and wearing a leather jacket with skin tight skinny jeans (he was a bit cubby). He looked like a biker and I feel embarrassed for being kinda into him  :-[

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/22/18 at 3:57 pm

I absolutely HATED the EDM/electropop trend from this decade. IMO it was the worst time for music in history. But I just have a feeling that the children of this generation will grow up to be nostalgic towards those songs. 

For some reason I think they're going to romanticize this era of music the way many of us romanticize the millennium era (NYSNC*, Britney, BSB, Christina, etc). There were people who hated the teen pop trend in the late 90s/early 2000s and thought music was turning to sh!t. I feel like the cycle is just continuing and now I'm in their shoes.

Yep. Although I'm slightly retrospectively nostalgic about the late 90s/early 00s teen pop era, I hated it while living through it. At least we know trends eventually die out.

Check for new replies or respond here...