inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Neil Diamond retires from touring after Parkinson's diagnosis

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/23/18 at 6:09 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42784305

Singer Neil Diamond has announced he will retire from touring, after a recent diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. Diamond, who turns 77 on Wednesday, cancelled his March tour dates for Australia and New Zealand on medical advice. The Solitary Man singer was midway through his 50th anniversary tour. In a statement he said he took the decision "with great reluctance and disappointment". "I have been so honoured to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years," he said. "My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows." Parkinson's is a progressive condition in which the brain becomes damaged. It can lead to tremors, difficulty moving, speech changes and eventually memory problems.

Subject: Re: Neil Diamond retires from touring after Parkinson's diagnosis

Written By: AmericanGirl on 01/23/18 at 6:23 am

Singer Neil Diamond has announced he will retire from touring, after a recent diagnosis of Parkinson's disease...

:\'(

Written By: Howard on 01/23/18 at 7:17 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42784305

Singer Neil Diamond has announced he will retire from touring, after a recent diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. Diamond, who turns 77 on Wednesday, cancelled his March tour dates for Australia and New Zealand on medical advice. The Solitary Man singer was midway through his 50th anniversary tour. In a statement he said he took the decision "with great reluctance and disappointment". "I have been so honoured to bring my shows to the public for the past 50 years," he said. "My sincerest apologies to everyone who purchased tickets and were planning to come to the upcoming shows." Parkinson's is a progressive condition in which the brain becomes damaged. It can lead to tremors, difficulty moving, speech changes and eventually memory problems.

I'm sorry he has Parkinsons, I never grew up with his music but I enjoyed listening to his songs from the radio.  :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/18 at 8:18 am

He has not been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease. That takes a post mortem brain examination.

He has been more correctly diagnosed with Parkinson Syndrome or Parkinsonism.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 01/23/18 at 10:11 am

Sad.
Guess he's a solitary man now.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/18 at 2:11 pm

Sad.

Getting Parkinson Syndrome was the Last Thing on His Mind.

I guess he's now A Believer.

Written By: nally on 01/23/18 at 5:39 pm

Sad.

I thought so too.

He's gonna turn 77 tomorrow, btw.

Check for new replies or respond here...