inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: #Metoo Movement

Written By: Karioprkaj on 01/26/18 at 4:20 pm

Guys, do you think the 10s can be called as the Metoo decade. This movement, has inspired a revolution of sorts, and it is great to see brave women coming forward to end power abuse in Hollywood. This movement, had also taught us that celebrities are as human as us. Most men cannot control their impulses when around beautiful women. Also, the phrase "big money, fast cars, easy women" does not exist anymore.

Subject: Re: #Metoo Movement

Written By: 2001 on 01/26/18 at 10:14 pm

#MeToo is definitely one of the most defining moments of this decade. Hopefully in the 2020s and beyond people will think twice about their conduct. Just because you're rich and have power doesn't mean you can buy the right to be a creep!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/26/18 at 10:31 pm

Guys, do you think the 10s can be called as the Metoo decade. This movement, has inspired a revolution of sorts, and it is great to see brave women coming forward to end power abuse in Hollywood. This movement, had also taught us that celebrities are as human as us. Most men cannot control their impulses when around beautiful women. Also, the phrase "big money, fast cars, easy women" does not exist anymore.

That is sooooooooooooooo 80's!  :o  :o  :o

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/26/18 at 10:58 pm

We won't know the real effect from this for a while. I'm glad Hollywood is having to own up for all the sexual exploitation. For an industry with so many liberals, the film industry is unbelievably unregulated.

I'm all for taking down the patriarchy and I stand with women against exploitation...but I am slightly freaked out by how far some people are going with what they believe is the correct conduct. You might actually begin seeing men use legally binding consent forms depending on how far this movement goes. Men like athletes and movie stars already do it.

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/26/18 at 11:01 pm

btw, why is "Is fashion getting classier?" locked?

Written By: 2001 on 01/26/18 at 11:13 pm

btw, why is "Is fashion getting classier?" locked?

Oops. My hand must've slipped, I was able to unlock it.

We won't know the real effect from this for a while. I'm glad Hollywood is having to own up for all the sexual exploitation. For an industry with so many liberals, the film industry is unbelievably unregulated.

I'm all for taking down the patriarchy and I stand with women against exploitation...but I am slightly freaked out by how far some people are going with what they believe is the correct conduct. You might actually start seeing men start using legally binding consent forms depending on how far this movement goes. Men like athletes and movie stars already do it.

What is that?

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/26/18 at 11:27 pm

What is that?

I guess a better term would be contracts instead of consent forms.

Written By: Slim95 on 01/27/18 at 1:49 am

#MeToo is definitely one of the most defining moments of this decade. Hopefully in the 2020s and beyond people will think twice about their conduct. Just because you're rich and have power doesn't mean you can buy the right to be a creep!

Did you hear about the accusations of Patrick Brown in Ontario and liberal MP Kent Hehr? I don't know if those were true or not it may have been an act of dirty politics. Either way, it is good people are coming forward if they were sexually harassed.

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/27/18 at 9:15 am

This seems to be the decade of movements in general, whether it's Me Too, BLM, LGBT rights, etc. But over the last year or so sexual harassment cases have been the hot topic, especially among celebrities as well as politicians.

Written By: 2001 on 01/27/18 at 11:12 am

Did you hear about the accusations of Patrick Brown in Ontario and liberal MP Kent Hehr? I don't know if those were true or not it may have been an act of dirty politics. Either way, it is good people are coming forward if they were sexually harassed.

I did! I don't know about the high schooler one (technically what Patrick Brown did wasn't illegal except giving her alcohol, that's why it's not going to court) but he did make overtures to his 18 year old staffer and she has his creepy messages on her phone, so we know at least that part is true. I don't think it's appropriate for politicians to talk to their staffers like that, that's how this whole thing started (women being felt pressured to satisfy Weinstein to keep their jobs). I hope the Ontario Conservatives get their act together soon because I don't want 4 more years of Wynne ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 01/27/18 at 12:15 pm

I hope the Ontario Conservatives get their act together soon because I don't want 4 more years of Wynne ;D

But NDP is at second place on the polls aren't they? Do they have a chance of winning?

Written By: 2001 on 01/27/18 at 9:00 pm

But NDP is at second place on the polls aren't they? Do they have a chance of winning?

They're in dead heat for second place with the Liberals. I thought they would make a comeback, but most polls show that the sex scandal only dented the Conservatives a little bit and the NDP didn't benefit. The next election is for Conservatives' to lose really, and if they do lose I bet the Liberals will win rather than the NDP.  8-P

Check for new replies or respond here...