inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bitcoin falls below $6,000

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/06/18 at 12:11 pm

The value of Bitcoin has fallen to below $6,000 - its lowest price since November 2017. The price fell to $5,947.40 (£4,256.44) on Tuesday, according to a price index run by news website Coindesk. Bitcoin reached its peak in November, when it hit $19,000, and then began to fall steadily from mid-December. The latest fall comes a day after several major US and UK banks banned customers from using credit cards to purchase the digital currency. Tightening legislation in several countries appears to have shaken confidence in crypto-currencies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42958325

Subject: Re: Bitcoin falls below $6,000

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/06/18 at 5:53 pm

The value of Bitcoin has fallen to below $6,000 - its lowest price since November 2017. The price fell to $5,947.40 (£4,256.44) on Tuesday, according to a price index run by news website Coindesk. Bitcoin reached its peak in November, when it hit $19,000, and then began to fall steadily from mid-December. The latest fall comes a day after several major US and UK banks banned customers from using credit cards to purchase the digital currency. Tightening legislation in several countries appears to have shaken confidence in crypto-currencies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42958325

Sucker born every minute. That is the moral of the Bitcoin story.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/06/18 at 7:21 pm

Oof. Almost like there's a reason currencies are backed by something.

Written By: 2001 on 02/06/18 at 9:04 pm

We get a news of it "crash" every few weeks at this point. It's still a massive 500% increase over where it was last year ($988 -> $5,947). Cryptocurrencies are not going anywhere, they have their place. Although Bitcoin's volatility in particular may make it unsuitable as a viable long-term currency.

That said, I have a coworker that invested in BTC at its peak back in November. Should I ask him how it's going or is that a dick move? :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/18 at 1:29 pm

I will never understand why people will buy into bitcoins. I just don't get it.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/07/18 at 2:04 pm

I will never understand why people will buy into bitcoins. I just don't get it.

Cat
The same here, I do not understand it too, why buy something that does not exist?

Check for new replies or respond here...