inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Biased Controversial Feminist movie hitting the theaters soon

Written By: John Titor on 02/07/18 at 12:34 pm

BxYsQFPvPns

LOL making the men in the women in the movie look superior while making the men look bad.
Sigh  SJW to the rescue

Subject: Re: Biased Controversial Feminist movie hitting the theaters soon

Written By: ofkx on 02/07/18 at 2:55 pm

The title of this thread made me laugh a bit.
The movie looks OK. It's not offensive or anything.

Written By: musicguy93 on 02/07/18 at 3:35 pm

Looks bad  8-P.

Written By: 2001 on 02/07/18 at 3:37 pm

Not my type of movie but it looks hilarious.

The title of this thread made me laugh a bit.
The movie looks OK. It's not offensive or anything.

Ikr?? I wonder who truly easily gets triggered these days.

Written By: ofkx on 02/08/18 at 4:56 am

Not my type of movie but it looks hilarious.

Ikr?? I wonder who truly easily gets triggered these days.

It's those dang sjws! ;D

Written By: musicguy93 on 02/08/18 at 6:38 pm

It's those dang sjws! ;D

You and Slowpoke are missing the point. The reason why John Titor and I find movies like these repulsive, is that it reinforces all this gynocentric third-wave feminist crap that has been pervading our society and pop culture in the 2010s. The humor is painful, the characters are archetypes of the 2010s (dumb stereotypical guys who act like buffoons, pretentious, snarky women who think highly of themselves, characters of both genders trying to be charming but instead are obnoxious/quirky/unpleasant etc.). And to top it all of, the trailer ends with a crappy 2010s indie/hipster song.

Movies like these will NOT age well. They will be relics of the 2010s with all their unfunny gynocentric feminist/PC crap. Oh and for the record, it's not about "being offended". It's about questioning and challenging the current zeitgeist of the 2010s and the hypocrisy of the current pseudo progressive/PC/SJW movement.

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/09/18 at 2:54 am

You and Slowpoke are missing the point. The reason why John Titor and I find movies like these repulsive, is that it reinforces all this gynocentric third-wave feminist crap that has been pervading our society and pop culture in the 2010s. The humor is painful, the characters are archetypes of the 2010s (dumb stereotypical guys who act like buffoons, pretentious, snarky women who think highly of themselves, characters of both genders trying to be charming but instead are obnoxious/quirky/unpleasant etc.). And to top it all of, the trailer ends with a crappy 2010s indie/hipster song.

Movies like these will NOT age well. They will be relics of the 2010s with all their unfunny gynocentric feminist/PC crap. Oh and for the record, it's not about "being offended". It's about questioning and challenging the current zeitgeist of the 2010s and the hypocrisy of the current pseudo progressive/PC/SJW movement.

Who gives a crap if it doesn't age well? One of the best aspects of each decade's cultures is the stuff that doesn't age well.

There is nothing in this trailer controversial or controversially feminist.

I think the problem is that a lot of you guys just aren't secure in yourselves.

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/09/18 at 3:27 am

Can you get into specifics? What do you consider to be "the current zeitgeist  of the 2010s and the hypocrisy of the current pseudo progressive/PC/SJW movement?"

Written By: John Titor on 02/10/18 at 1:57 pm

Who gives a crap if it doesn't age well? One of the best aspects of each decade's cultures is the stuff that doesn't age well.

There is nothing in this trailer controversial or controversially feminist.

I think the problem is that a lot of you guys just aren't secure in yourselves.

yes there is

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/10/18 at 2:09 pm

I don't think this movie is anything that's worth getting all worked up about. It looks like it's just a comedy about role-reversals.

Written By: Tia on 02/10/18 at 2:15 pm

This basically looks like "Someone Like You/Animal Husbandry," only backward.

Written By: Tia on 02/10/18 at 2:19 pm

I'm not actually sure how feminist it is to say that there are biological differences between the sexes.

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/10/18 at 3:18 pm

yes there is

How is it "controversially feminist?"

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/10/18 at 3:19 pm

I'm not actually sure how feminist it is to say that there are biological differences between the sexes.

It's literally what the right-wingers and moderates say all the f*king time.

Written By: John Titor on 02/10/18 at 4:30 pm

How is it "controversially feminist?"

Displays Women as smart empower characters while the men in the film look like idiots who can't even catch a ball

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/10/18 at 5:37 pm

Displays Women as smart empower characters while the men in the film look like idiots who can't even catch a ball

That's your INTERPRETATION of the TRAILER. It's obviously a comedy about gender/sex stereotypes.

Being triggered ain't just for SJWs.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/10/18 at 8:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

Written By: J. Rob on 02/11/18 at 5:50 am

It's literally what the right-wingers and moderates say all the f*king time.

Right wing is dominated by insecure, socially inept, bitter, jaded, hetereosexual white men these days

Written By: John Titor on 02/11/18 at 11:41 am

That's your INTERPRETATION of the TRAILER. It's obviously a comedy about gender/sex stereotypes.

Being triggered ain't just for SJWs.

why are you getting so mad, the movie is displaying women as the smart ones and men as the dumb ones.
One of the writers of the movie is also a feminist it's not an interpretation.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/11/18 at 12:03 pm

If you don't like the trailer for this movie, then don't go see it. 

I mean what, do you think it needs to be banned or something?  ::)

Written By: 2001 on 02/11/18 at 12:14 pm

If you don't like the trailer for this movie, then don't go see it. 

I mean what, do you think it needs to be banned or something?  ::)

That reminds me of how Hindu Nationalists are threatening to bomb/attack cinemas that air certain Bollywood movies that are too liberal/not conservative enough, and their campaign was mostly successful  :-\\

One politician even offered a $1 million+ bounty for beheading the lead actress in a romance movie between a Hindu Queen and Muslim King :o

Written By: Tia on 02/11/18 at 1:08 pm

i learned a new term for this, "the streisand effect." ironically, it's something the right goes on about a lot, but they do it just as much as everyone else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/11/18 at 1:19 pm

i learned a new term for this, "the streisand effect." ironically, it's something the right goes on about a lot, but they do it just as much as everyone else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

The Streisand Effect. I'll have to remember that one.

My mom (who turns 80 in a couple weeks) once told me that at the Catholic high school she went to in the 1950s, the nuns told her and her classmates not to listen to "Wake Up Little Susie" by the Everly Brothers because of its immoral implications.

Of course, my mom also never mentioned anything about changing the station when she heard that song on the radio. ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/11/18 at 1:40 pm

Well if it makes anyone feel any better, The Female Brain only has a 36% rating at Rotten Tomatoes.

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/11/18 at 1:43 pm

Neo-Marxism is one of the most evil things on the planet now, but the anti-SJW thing has sorta become it's own dumb culture trying to crawl into every facet of life, itself. And from what I notice, most people who get SUPER offended don't seem to be real right wingers, they tend to be centrists or centre-lefties. I just got tired of them and moved on; never particularly cared for the Sargons and TJs and Milos and Krauts; they're good as a stepping stone but that's about it, though I cynically know that most people are too stupid (sorry to use that word, but it is a bit true, 100 IQ people usually can't understand high-level topics easily, though there are other factors) to do anything but follow and cannot comprehend anything to a higher intellectual degree than maybe Ben Shapiro, so I consider the anti-SJWs tactically useful, but not interesting in-and-of themselves...

The film itself I don't think is offensive, just like the last Star Wars film, and with that neo-marxists were popping out of the woodwork to praise it, but meh, I get more "offended" by laws and racist/sexist indoctrination and being okay with violence than some film that might vaguely appeal to the neo-Marxists. I even liked The Last Jedi, it was pretty good compared to the other two and I actually liked Rey since she gained some semblance of humanity. I probably won't like this movie since it doesn't seem to be very good or interesting, but that's just me. I urge people to not jump the gun and start REEEEEEEEEEing over something this innocuous.

Also complaining about the stereotypes is pretty ridiculous (and certainly doesn't give anti-SJWs a higher horse than the Neo-Marxists, lol). Stereotypes are just that; dumb boys and smart girls is just how it has been for a few decades now, I grew up with it; don't care, just like I don't care about 50s stereotypes about women being dumb and overly emotional to the point of fainting and men being there to always save them. Stereotypes, when used well, can offer a good groundwork for a story element, and if not, then the work itself wasn't that good at doing it to begin with.

Written By: Tia on 02/11/18 at 1:56 pm

"neo-marxists." lol

Written By: Tia on 02/11/18 at 1:59 pm

the real kick in the head is this social justice thing is completely averse to talking about matters of class and labor, which is the linchpin of marxism. all they talk about is identity. they're more like anti-marxists. they're there specifically to neuter any sort of labor movement.

Written By: 2001 on 02/11/18 at 2:36 pm

Neo-Marxism

:o

the real kick in the head is this social justice thing is completely averse to talking about matters of class and labor, which is the linchpin of marxism. all they talk about is identity. they're more like anti-marxists. they're there specifically to neuter any sort of labor movement.

Yeah, Marxism has more to do with economics/class struggle. This is like calling someone who wants to cut corporate tax from 26% to 24% a white supremacist. If you try to use extreme unrelated words to discredit your opponent you're not helping your argument.

Written By: John Titor on 02/11/18 at 2:45 pm

Well if it makes anyone feel any better, The Female Brain only has a 36% rating at Rotten Tomatoes.

LOL

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/11/18 at 2:58 pm

I had a long post earlier about how OP was freaking out over a movie that very few people are going to see anyway and how, if he hadn't posted the trailer here, then I (and most people here) almost certainly would never had even heard of it.

But I accidentally deleted it so I'll try again.

I also posted a couple of examples where artists who were obscure (notably 2 Live Crew) and would have remained so had someone not tried to stamp them out and get them banned, with the unintended consequence of drawing national media attention to them and turning them into superstars. (Thus the "Streisand Effect" which my friend Tia posted about.)

And I thought it would be funny if OP spent all of his time warning people of the threat this movie poses to our traditional American values, but he ended up unintentionally drawing enough attention to it to where people would go to see it just out of spite and turned it into a Top Ten box office draw.

But then I saw some of the reviews about it and it looks like it's too boring and crummy for the public at large to be interested.

Keep trying, though, OP! Spread the word to as many people as you can! America is counting on you!

Written By: John Titor on 02/11/18 at 3:52 pm

I had a long post earlier about how OP was freaking out over a movie that very few people are going to see anyway and how, if he hadn't posted the trailer here, then I (and most people here) almost certainly would never had even heard of it.

But I accidentally deleted it so I'll try again.

I also posted a couple of examples where artists who were obscure (notably 2 Live Crew) and would have remained so had someone not tried to stamp them out and get them banned, with the unintended consequence of drawing national media attention to them and turning them into superstars. (Thus the "Streisand Effect" which my friend Tia posted about.)

And I thought it would be funny if OP spent all of his time warning people of the threat this movie poses to our traditional American values, but he ended up unintentionally drawing enough attention to it to where people would go to see it just out of spite and turned it into a Top Ten box office draw.

But then I saw some of the reviews about it and it looks like it's too boring and crummy for the public at large to be interested.

Keep trying, though, OP! Spread the word to as many people as you can! America is counting on you!

The movie was written by a feminist (so obv there are feminist motives going into it) no need to attack me (A woman)
that I am posting a trailer to a movie, I am not saying to anyone not see the movie it is up 2 u, but to attack me for showing
concern over it is absurd. In relation to star wars The Last Jedi  all 3 writers plus the director were feminists and were pushing an agenda.
It is not so much that they are feminist movies rather they are pushing an agenda that may brainwash someone ceptable.

A common tatic of people trying to slander people outspeaking about this is that they are the  "alt right"  I actually rooted for Bernie and voted for Obama.
I also hate Trump.

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/11/18 at 4:08 pm

Neo-Marxism is one of the most evil things on the planet now, but the anti-SJW thing has sorta become it's own dumb culture trying to crawl into every facet of life, itself. And from what I notice, most people who get SUPER offended don't seem to be real right wingers, they tend to be centrists or centre-lefties. I just got tired of them and moved on; never particularly cared for the Sargons and TJs and Milos and Krauts; they're good as a stepping stone but that's about it, though I cynically know that most people are too stupid (sorry to use that word, but it is a bit true, 100 IQ people usually can't understand high-level topics easily, though there are other factors) to do anything but follow and cannot comprehend anything to a higher intellectual degree than maybe Ben Shapiro, so I consider the anti-SJWs tactically useful, but not interesting in-and-of themselves...

The film itself I don't think is offensive, just like the last Star Wars film, and with that neo-marxists were popping out of the woodwork to praise it, but meh, I get more "offended" by laws and racist/sexist indoctrination and being okay with violence than some film that might vaguely appeal to the neo-Marxists. I even liked The Last Jedi, it was pretty good compared to the other two and I actually liked Rey since she gained some semblance of humanity. I probably won't like this movie since it doesn't seem to be very good or interesting, but that's just me. I urge people to not jump the gun and start REEEEEEEEEEing over something this innocuous.

Also complaining about the stereotypes is pretty ridiculous (and certainly doesn't give anti-SJWs a higher horse than the Neo-Marxists, lol). Stereotypes are just that; dumb boys and smart girls is just how it has been for a few decades now, I grew up with it; don't care, just like I don't care about 50s stereotypes about women being dumb and overly emotional to the point of fainting and men being there to always save them. Stereotypes, when used well, can offer a good groundwork for a story element, and if not, then the work itself wasn't that good at doing it to begin with.

Can we please stop calling people terms that those people don't even call themselves?

vYQo6LI3Y7c&t=1005s

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/12/18 at 4:10 am

Can we please stop calling people terms that those people don't even call themselves?

vYQo6LI3Y7c&t=1005s

(Can't see the video, sorry, though I am familiar with the term)

Not if it accurately describes them, which it does. They still believe in the vapid and evil ideal of "equality" and justify themselves with "oppression". It's just Marxism trading "proletariat" with "minority". Same language, same primitivism and love for socialism, same hatred of merit and same childlike view of the world with only emotional arguments. I don't call them "SJWs" because I think that term holds no meaning and makes me look like either a centrist or an alt-righter, neither of which I particularly care for. Cultural Marxism, neo-progressivism or whatever is fine for a more academic discussion, but I see no real practical difference between them and normal socialists; they oftentimes come together anyway, just slightly recolored beasts of the same horde. It's the same reason I call Kraut (a SocDem), Sargon (a SocLib) and Milo (a LibCon) centrists, despite their differences.

But if the only responses to me are going to be people making silly faces or highlighting one word in a three paragraph reply, why bother? Am I right or wrong about the film (the actual point of discussion in this thread) being innocuous and tisming out over it is pointless to harmful?

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/12/18 at 4:15 am

:o

Yeah, Marxism has more to do with economics/class struggle. This is like calling someone who wants to cut corporate tax from 26% to 24% a white supremacist. If you try to use extreme unrelated words to discredit your opponent you're not helping your argument.

I never called them Marxists, so I have no idea what you're on about.

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/12/18 at 4:17 am

They talk about socialism all the time; they just use identity to tie it together, just like Neo-Nazis justifying Third Position because "socialism and capitalism are Jewish". I guess I'll call them Identitarian Neo-Marxists now, but they justify socialism with the "oppression" from the "white supremacist capitalist patriarchy".

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/12/18 at 4:26 am

I should've replied in a different order, sorry. I'd rather if more replies would actually have something to do with the film in question. or else find somewhere to move.

Written By: ofkx on 02/12/18 at 6:59 am

The movie was written by a feminist (so obv there are feminist motives going into it) no need to attack me (A woman)
that I am posting a trailer to a movie, I am not saying to anyone not see the movie it is up 2 u, but to attack me for showing
concern over it is absurd. In relation to star wars The Last Jedi  all 3 writers plus the director were feminists and were pushing an agenda.
It is not so much that they are feminist movies rather they are pushing an agenda that may brainwash someone ceptable.

A common tatic of people trying to slander people outspeaking about this is that they are the  "alt right"  I actually rooted for Bernie and voted for Obama.
I also hate Trump.

Brain washing people into thinking men and women are equal? I'm 100% fine with that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/12/18 at 7:02 am

Brain washing people into thinking men and women are equal? I'm 100% fine with that.
Men and women are equal, we breathe the same air!

Written By: 2001 on 02/12/18 at 8:43 am

(Can't see the video, sorry, though I am familiar with the term)

Not if it accurately describes them, which it does. They still believe in the vapid and evil ideal of "equality" and justify themselves with "oppression". It's just Marxism trading "proletariat" with "minority". Same language, same primitivism and love for socialism, same hatred of merit and same childlike view of the world with only emotional arguments. I don't call them "SJWs" because I think that term holds no meaning and makes me look like either a centrist or an alt-righter, neither of which I particularly care for. Cultural Marxism, neo-progressivism or whatever is fine for a more academic discussion, but I see no real practical difference between them and normal socialists; they oftentimes come together anyway, just slightly recolored beasts of the same horde. It's the same reason I call Kraut (a SocDem), Sargon (a SocLib) and Milo (a LibCon) centrists, despite their differences.

But if the only responses to me are going to be people making silly faces or highlighting one word in a three paragraph reply, why bother? Am I right or wrong about the film (the actual point of discussion in this thread) being innocuous and tisming out over it is pointless to harmful?

Equality is evil... What?

Either way, you're wrong. "Neo-Marxist" only makes you sound brainwashed. It's not academic, it's a slur. I'm a feminist but I'm centre/centre-right when it comes to economics so calling me a "neo-Marxist" is going to get a well deserved "silly face" eye roll from me, and I'm not alone. You can also be socialist/social democratic and not be Marxist, and not all "neo-"Marxists identify with the progressive movement (never heard anyone say "it's not a race issue, it's a class issue"?), so that term is still loony not even in special circumstance.

You don't want to use "SJW" because it makes you sound alt-right, so you say "Neo-Marxist"? I suggest you read up on where terms like "Cultural Marxist" and "Neo-Marxist" come from because they do a lot more to make you sound alt-right than "SJW". Not that either would make you sound very intelligent; what's so hard about calling a feminist a feminist? Why the need  to resort to slurs?

The rest of your post isn't controversial. People on extremes tend to overreact to things because they're living on YouTube and not in reality.

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/12/18 at 9:55 am

Yes, but it'd take a lot to explain, so I won't unless asked to, and even then I'd need specifics, or else I'd probably forget and go on without hitting what I'd need to hit.

Either way, you're wrong. "Neo-Marxist" only makes you sound brainwashed. It's not academic, it's a slur. I'm a feminist but I'm centre/centre-right when it comes to economics so calling me a "neo-Marxist" is going to get a well deserved "silly face" eye roll from me, and I'm not alone. You can also be socialist/social democratic and not be Marxist, and not all "neo-"Marxists identify with the progressive movement (never heard anyone say "it's not a race issue, it's a class issue"?), so that term is still loony not even in special circumstance.

"I'm a feminist but I'm centre/centre-right when it comes to economics" Care to explain? I'd think "Neo-Marxist" could describe accurately someone who would want just affirmative action, since that is Marxian in the sense that you are using coercive methods on the market to fight an "oppressive" force. Do you merely wish to merely encourage minorities to get into sections of the work force that they are under-represented in while also dismantling the coercive, racial/sexual tactics of affirmative action? If so then yes, "Neo-Marxist" does not apply to you, though also remember that I wasn't even calling you that in the first place, you responded to me calling a vague movement of people who vehemently praise films for having some element they find tactically well for the implementation of their political beliefs that.

I don't care if some people think it's a slur or if it was invented by someone I don't like; I use words that seem to be the best descriptor to me. Unless Neo-Marxism means specifically Marxism, then I'll still use it, unless a better phrase can be used. Neoconservatism is a great example of how the specific letters in the word itself can't be used, but rather the meaning of it. Neocons have almost nothing in common with traditional conservatives a la Robert Taft, Calvin Coolidge and Barry Goldwater; and those that followed them split up into Paleoconservatives and Paleolibertarians. Neo-X does not mean it is X, in fact, "Neo", as far as I can tell, means that it HAS to be different in some way but keeping some vague, general idea in some sense and can make it a completely different animal, surface-level (Neo-Marxism as I call it, taking the general view of economic and historical oppression and shifting it from the working class to sexual and racial "minorities" because they are disproportionately part of the working class) or even down to the roots (Neoconservatism taking the vague sense of nationalism and "capitalism" from conservatives but twisting it to be pro-state and interventionist both in economy and in foreign policy).

You don't want to use "SJW" because it makes you sound alt-right, so you say "Neo-Marxist"? I suggest you read up on where terms like "Cultural Marxist" and "Neo-Marxist" come from because they do a lot more to make you sound alt-right than "SJW". Not that either would make you sound very intelligent; what's so hard about calling a feminist a feminist? Why the need  to resort to slurs?

Not just alt-right, but centrist. I said that the word SJW has no meaning since it's been applied to every single major ideology. "Social Justice" and using the term "social justice warrior/movement" has no real meaning; while it is generally applied to the far-left and to feminists and their cohorts, it's been used to slur the alt-right, centrist anti-feminists, libertarians, etc. I didn't use the word feminist because it has become a larger movement incorporating other things with a semi-Marxian bent, as far as I can tell, though it would be appropriate to use in this discussion, sorry, I was going in too much of a general direction, I apologize.

Also, to me, when complaining about "feminists", it gives the wrong impression, since "feminism" is also something that I think has no meaning, since it's been applied to too many different things, and most people'd probably think I'm a sexist or patriarchist, and I have gotten such accusations a lot amongst...much more awful and gruesome messages...

The rest of your post isn't controversial. People on extremes tend to overreact to things because they're living on YouTube and not in reality.

It's a business. Antifeminism specifically has become a big cash cow in many ways, no real substance anymore and saying the same things over and over. It can be helpful for "normies" to get "redpilled" in a way that can appeal to them (40 minute videos going through data and theories from books are entertaining to me, but not for most people), and it can document lots of specific instances, but it doesn't appeal to me very much. I find SJW Cringe-Compilations and 100 videos calling out something sexist that a feminist said to be cringy in and of themselves/itself.

Written By: John Titor on 02/12/18 at 11:02 am

Brainwashing people into thinking men and women are unequal

Written By: John Titor on 02/12/18 at 11:03 am

Its not equal tho thats the thing,  pushing a stereotype as man as the dumb idiot and fool and the woman as the smart one who can do no wrong is unequal.

Feminism in gen is equality for both but it has been warped by bad people to serve an agenda to make in unequal.

Written By: superblyexhausted on 02/12/18 at 11:04 am

I am now pro-brainwashing  ;D

Written By: John Titor on 02/12/18 at 11:05 am

I am now pro-brainwashing  ;D

its not brainwashing to become equal its elevating one gender and belittling the other.
You can elevate one gender without devaluing the other. You can make a movie about a power
empowered  female movie like Wonderwoman which was great because it did not belittle anyone at all,
but then you have a movie like the Last Jedi which has to devalue the men and make them look weak
in order to make the women in it more elevated.

AndrewShannon there is not cash cow for antifeminism, however 3rd wave Feminism is a cash cow now

Just look at this commercial that has nothing to do with it but is using Feminism to sell it

aAVFCH9x7Og

Feminism in gen is not bad, however this new version is used to brainwash people and sell
on commercials, its all a cash grab now from everything from the WWE divas royal rumble to
shirts with the word feminism on it.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/12/18 at 11:53 am

Its not equal tho thats the thing,  pushing a stereotype as man as the dumb idiot and fool and the woman as the smart one who can do no wrong is unequal.

Feminism in gen is equality for both but it has been warped by bad people to serve an agenda to make in unequal.

I think you're getting way too worked up over a movie that nobody's going to see anyway.

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/12/18 at 5:11 pm

its not brainwashing to become equal its elevating one gender and belittling the other.
You can elevate one gender without devaluing the other. You can make a movie about a power
empowered  female movie like Wonderwoman which was great because it did not belittle anyone at all,
but then you have a movie like the Last Jedi which has to devalue the men and make them look weak
in order to make the women in it more elevated.

AndrewShannon there is not cash cow for antifeminism, however 3rd wave Feminism is a cash cow now

Just look at this commercial that has nothing to do with it but is using Feminism to sell it

aAVFCH9x7Og

Feminism in gen is not bad, however this new version is used to brainwash people and sell
on commercials, its all a cash grab now from everything from the WWE divas royal rumble to
shirts with the word feminism on it.

You must not know about the dozens of anti-feminist channels on Youtube.

How old are you, John?

Written By: superblyexhausted on 02/12/18 at 6:20 pm

I think you're getting way too worked up over a movie that nobody's going to see anyway.

That was my thought, too. I think the male gender will survive a random movie with no buzz surrounding it  :)

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/12/18 at 6:51 pm

John, I understand where you're coming from but starting your post with "Feminism" and "SJW to the rescue LOL" automatically turns people off. I think that if you would have said you disliked the movie because it promotes inequality among the genders, maybe you would have gotten different responses. Just know that SJW is a buzzword that has many connotations attached to it. It rubs people the wrong way even if your intentions are good. IJS

Check for new replies or respond here...