inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early 2010's software/hardware

Written By: christopher on 02/08/18 at 3:46 am

I really miss Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010. The former was released in 2007, but it was still used in many offices and schools well into the early 2010's. In 2014-2017 I went back to college and they had Office 2010 installed. Now I'm working with Office 2016 (which more or less looks similar to 2013) and I don't like those versions. Office 2010 was the easiest on (my) eyes.

I never warmed to Windows 10 although 7 already feels kinda obsolete. I think now MacOS is better.
Does any of you miss certain IT hardware or software that was big or still widely used in the early 2010's but is now rare?

Subject: Re: Early 2010's software/hardware

Written By: ofkx on 02/08/18 at 4:54 am

Although I have a Macbook now, I really regretted switching to windows 10 on my old computer. It looks ugly and the updates are annoying.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/08/18 at 5:19 am

Although I have a Macbook now, I really regretted switching to windows 10 on my old computer. It looks ugly and the updates are annoying.

In addition to my Dell laptop that runs Windows 98, which fulfills most of my needs, I also run a Mac Power Book 180 with System 7 for some particular tasks.

I don't need the bloatware that is today's Windows and OS X.

Written By: christopher on 02/08/18 at 7:30 am

Actually I'm considering a migration to Mac or Linux because of Windows 10. ;D I liked it on mobile phones, but on a laptop it's just icky.
Windows 7 was great, but many programs will start having compatibility issues with it and it also doesn't run on newer hardware. Maybe Windows 8 + a Start menu app is an option? I've seen that in desktop mode Win 8.x looks closer to 7 than 10.

Check for new replies or respond here...