inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Man Bites Dog in #MeToo Movement

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/09/18 at 6:08 pm

In a rather shocking reversal of fortune, one of the people behind the "Me Too" movement, California Democrat Christina Garcia, now stands accused of grabbing the 'nards of young male staffers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/09/man-accuses-california-metoo-leader-sexual-misconduct/322888002/

Subject: Re: Man Bites Dog in #MeToo Movement

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/10/18 at 6:13 am

I will wait for this to be verified by other news outlets.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/18 at 6:28 am

I will wait for this to be verified by other news outlets.

No need to wait. The news wires are in flames over this deal. Here are a few more links.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-cristina-garcia-sexual-harassment-investigation-20180209-story.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cristina-garcia-california-assemblywoman-takes-leave-sexual-misconduct-probe/

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20180208/news/302089818

Written By: ofkx on 02/10/18 at 9:04 am

The fact that she would even participate in this movement when she has done those things is disgusting. I hope this doesn't make people think differently of this movement.

Written By: 2001 on 02/10/18 at 9:29 am

This reminds me of when I was 16 and an old granny slapped by butt to get my attention. I was at a commuter bus/train station, so she asked me to help load her luggage onto the bus, which I did. Afterwards she said "You're so sweet, let me give you a kiss!" I got the hell out of there ;D #MeToo

My aunt and cousins still tease me for it.  :\'(

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/18 at 12:10 pm

The fact that she would even participate in this movement when she has done those things is disgusting. I hope this doesn't make people think differently of this movement.

Well, despite the truth that certainly exists with the issue, it also has its share of grandstanders too.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/10/18 at 1:42 pm

It just goes to show that hypocrisy knows no shape, size, color or gender

Written By: Howard on 02/10/18 at 2:56 pm

This reminds me of when I was 16 and an old granny slapped by butt to get my attention. I was at a commuter bus/train station, so she asked me to help load her luggage onto the bus, which I did. Afterwards she said "You're so sweet, let me give you a kiss!" I got the hell out of there ;D #MeToo

It's an old granny, she wanted to give you a kiss on the cheek it's not like she was going to rape you.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/18 at 5:34 pm

It's an old granny, she wanted to give you a kiss on the cheek it's not like she was going to rape you.

Yeah it's not like she was going to jam her tongue down his throat.

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/10/18 at 8:44 pm

What else is new

Written By: 2001 on 02/10/18 at 8:45 pm

I know Howard, I was recounting a funny story that's tangentially related to what's in the OP :P (young employee being groped by his old lady boss)

I did not wished to be kissed nor have my butt touched  8-P

Written By: Howard on 02/11/18 at 6:57 am

I mean, what harm does she have?

Written By: ofkx on 02/11/18 at 10:57 am

I can't help but think about what would happen if the genders were reversed. Imagine an old guy slapping a 16 year girl's butt and then trying to kiss her.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/11/18 at 11:34 am

But it was still an unwanted advance, and just because the gender roles were reversed doesn't make it right. Clearly the woman violated Slowpoke's boundaries without his permission and it creeped him out.

I mean, if some old lady that you didn't know just out of the blue grabbed your ass and then asked you to kiss her (especially if you were 16), wouldn't you be creeped out by it too?  ???

Written By: Howard on 02/11/18 at 2:37 pm

But it was still an unwanted advance, and just because the gender roles were reversed doesn't make it right. Clearly the woman violated Slowpoke's boundaries without his permission and it creeped him out.

I mean, if some old lady that you didn't know just out of the blue grabbed your ass and then asked you to kiss her (especially if you were 16), wouldn't you be creeped out by it too?  ???

Yeah, you got a point there Al.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/11/18 at 4:56 pm

Depends hot hot she looks...  :P

Written By: 80sfan on 02/11/18 at 6:09 pm

But she's a woman.  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X

Written By: 2001 on 02/11/18 at 7:57 pm

Depends hot hot she looks...  :P

She was geriatric, hence needing help getting her luggage on the bus ;D

Written By: 2001 on 02/11/18 at 7:59 pm

But she's a woman.  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X  :-X

Women have cooties.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/11/18 at 8:34 pm

My brothers would have teased me mercilessly.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/12/18 at 5:34 am

She was geriatric, hence needing help getting her luggage on the bus ;D

Was she in a wheelchair?

Written By: Howard on 02/12/18 at 5:36 am

Women have cooties.

You know what you sound like? A 5 year old child. ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/12/18 at 8:01 pm

Women have cooties.

Cooties do not discriminate. They're just looking for a good, lush thicket of old-growth forest where they can burrow in and get all nice and warm and cozy, and they don't care if it lies at the base of Mount Baldy or the rim of the Grand Canyon.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/12/18 at 8:03 pm

Cooties do not discriminate. They're just looking for a good, lush thicket of old-growth forest where they can burrow in and get all nice and warm and cozy, and they don't care if it lies at the base of Mount Baldy or the rim of the Grand Canyon.

Indeed. As I recall, Colonel Angus would rest his head at Shady Thicket.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/12/18 at 8:20 pm

Indeed. As I recall, Colonel Angus would rest his head at Shady Thicket.

Why, you old carpetbagger!

Check for new replies or respond here...