inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Winter Olympics-Is anyone following it?

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/12/18 at 10:44 pm

I didn't get to see the opening ceremony, I did catch a little of the women's halfpipe snowboard event. I like the snowboard racing best I think. Any of you follow it or like to see a particular event?

I'm wasn't sure if a particular topic existed for this, so I made one.  :-\\

Subject: Re: The Winter Olympics-Is anyone following it?

Written By: nally on 02/12/18 at 10:53 pm

I didn't get to see the opening ceremony, I did catch a little of the women's halfpipe snowboard event. I like the snowboard racing best I think. Any of you follow it or like to see a particular event?

I'm wasn't sure if a particular topic existed for this, so I made one.  :-\\

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=57039.0

Since it has to do with sports, the thread is in the Sports Zone section. :)

Subject: Re: The Winter Olympics-Is anyone following it?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/13/18 at 5:44 am

Nope, too politicized. Gays proclaiming "look at me!", North Korean cheerleading squad, stupid announcers bragging about Japan's occupation of Korea in the last century. The games are full of nonsense side shows this year. I always thought it was supposed to be about sports.

I did see an article fawning over some Japanese figure skater who did what was apparently the first triple axel maneuver in Olympics history.

A feat that Tonya Harding did in 1991 when she won the US National skating championship.

Pictured below: Kristi Yamaguchi (left), Nancy Kerrigan (right), and a victorious Tonya Harding at center with all that iron.  8)

https://jackieohohoh.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/th-4.jpg?w=670&h=991

Check for new replies or respond here...