inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is anyone investing in 4K Blu-rays

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 02/20/18 at 6:54 pm

I personally don't have anything 4K, in fact my family has had a Blu-ray player since 2009, but we only have a hand full of Blu-rays and we have a massive DVD collection. Though, we just stream everything on Netflix nowadays.

The Xbox One S and Xbox One X play 4K Blu-rays so it begs the question, is anyone actually still buying movies on disc? Does 4k Blu-ray even need to exist when streaming and digital downloads of movies exist? It's like when D-VHS and HD-DVD came out. The only people I could see still buying their movies on discs are physical elitists or people who don't have any sort of internet connection at their house.

I've yet to meet anyone in real life who's buying 4K Blu-rays.

Subject: Re: Is anyone investing in 4K Blu-rays

Written By: duenas8 on 02/20/18 at 9:10 pm

I was thinking about getting a Blu-Ray player a decade ago, but then it was released the 4K Blu-Ray player and surely after that it will come out the 8K Blu-Ray and 16K, so I will wait for the “definitive” movie player, something like an equivalent of vinyl on music (is maybe VHS). At least for now, I’ll still downloading and streaming movies on Internet

Subject: Re: Is anyone investing in 4K Blu-rays

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/21/18 at 1:47 am

Not at all, I am happy with Netflix.

Check for new replies or respond here...