inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did you or anyone you knew listen to Five Finger Death Punch in high school?

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 02/22/18 at 10:48 pm

When I was in high school 2-5 years ago, Five Finger Death Punch was the band for the angsty crowd. I'll admit, I was part of that crowd, I had the "The Way of the Fist", "War is the Answer" and "American Capitalist" albums on my iPod.
Whenever I was pissed or had a sheeshty day, "War is the Answer" was always my go to song.

Was this also the case in your high school? Did the angsty kids at your school also tend to listen to Five Finger Death Punch, were you one of them? Let me know in the comments.

My favorite 5FDP songs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bb4EnABJWA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LydRLQnXZmc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKVBtXZRzpk

Subject: Re: Did you or anyone you knew listen to Five Finger Death Punch in high school?

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/23/18 at 10:59 pm

I did in elementary. Got into solely real metal by 7th grade. High school was the same, though I've come back to that stuff I liked as a kid and I like it. Still will make fun of it, but meh. My mom likes that stuff way more than me tho.

I haven't kept up with pop culture almost at all since 2012, so I thought that whole "metalcore" thing was big then, but nu metal's still been around where I live. Some gangsta bros liked Slipknot at my high school, Metallica was well known, but not much besides that.

What is "angsty crowd" supposed to mean?

Subject: Re: Did you or anyone you knew listen to Five Finger Death Punch in high school?

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 02/24/18 at 12:21 pm

I did in elementary. Got into solely real metal by 7th grade. High school was the same, though I've come back to that stuff I liked as a kid and I like it. Still will make fun of it, but meh. My mom likes that stuff way more than me tho.

I haven't kept up with pop culture almost at all since 2012, so I thought that whole "metalcore" thing was big then, but nu metal's still been around where I live. Some gangsta bros liked Slipknot at my high school, Metallica was well known, but not much besides that.

What is "angsty crowd" supposed to mean?

The angsty crowd consisted of those people you'd see at lunchtime hanging out together wearing either dark or grungy clothing (band T-shirts in many cases) with edgy attitudes and showing a huge passion for rock and metal music. Basically a collection of emo, grunge, and metalhead students, as well as some Eminem fans whom dressed like what many would call "wiggers".
That's the best way I could describe them, there were tons of them at my high school all 4 years.

Written By: AndrewShannon on 02/24/18 at 1:13 pm

The angsty crowd consisted of those people you'd see at lunchtime hanging out together wearing either dark or grungy clothing (band T-shirts in many cases) with edgy attitudes and showing a huge passion for rock and metal music. Basically a collection of emo, grunge, and metalhead students, as well as some Eminem fans whom dressed like what many would call "wiggers".
That's the best way I could describe them, there were tons of them at my high school all 4 years.

Oh, ok, I guess those were wiggers then.

I only saw maybe two 80s style metalheads and a punk, and a handful of emo-styled types besides myself (though I tried the 80s metalhead look for almost two years, but didn't feel like it was right). Most "weirdos" were hippie-hipsters or psuedo-punk hipsters and both liked indie, grunge or pop music rather than metal or metalcore, in fact they despised "icky emo people music" lol.

Check for new replies or respond here...