inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2018 Update #2 (February)

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 9:31 pm

So how was February for everyone? Check in!

In terms of pop culture, Black Panther was AMAZING and HOLY. I got Bayonetta 1&2 (for the Nintendo Switch) for my birthday, I'm stoked to start it but I haven't yet. I'm loving the music this year. I've got Havana, Pray For Me, All The Stars, Finesse, and God's Plan on repeat. I haven't been watching much TV lately, not enough time.

In technology, I tried UberEATS for the first time. I got a Subway sandwich. It was convenient but a bit too expensive, I'd rather get it myself. Obesity will be my middle name once this becomes cheaper though LOL. SpaceX was one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. I only just managed to catch it live! :o

In terms of personal life, early February wasn't very fun. The weather was awful, cold and snowy, and I dreaded waking up in the morning and tried to work from home whenever I could. Just a general feeling of fatigue.

Towards the middle, the weather really warmed up, I went on my first Valentine's date ever, watched Black Panther on my birthday, went ice fishing on a small vacation the long weekend afterwards. After the weekend back, I got a raise from work, I was elated! And towards the very end it got really hot, and I went out with friends a couple of times and even rode my bike (in the winter). It was good!

I'm glad January/February are over with, now we can enjoy the better parts of the year. ;D

So what about you guys?

Subject: Re: 2018 Update #2 (February)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/01/18 at 9:39 pm

So how was February for everyone? Check in!

In terms of pop culture, Black Panther was AMAZING and HOLY. I got Bayonetta 1&2 (for the Nintendo Switch) for my birthday, I'm stoked to start it but I haven't yet. I'm loving the music this year. I've got Havana, Pray For Me, All The Stars, Finesse, and God's Plan on repeat. I haven't been watching much TV lately, not enough time.

In technology, I tried UberEATS for the first time. I got a Subway sandwich. It was convenient but a bit too expensive, I'd rather get it myself. Obesity will be my middle name once this becomes cheaper though LOL. SpaceX was one of the coolest things I've ever witnessed. I only just managed to catch it live! :o

In terms of personal life, early February wasn't very fun. The weather was awful, cold and snowy, and I dreaded waking up in the morning and tried to work from home whenever I could. Just a general feeling of fatigue.

Towards the middle, the weather really warmed up, I went on my first Valentine's date ever, watched Black Panther on my birthday, went ice fishing on a small vacation the long weekend afterwards. After the weekend back, I got a raise from work, I was elated! And towards the very end it got really hot, and I went out with friends a couple of times and even rode my bike (in the winter). It was good!

I'm glad January/February are over with, now we can enjoy the better parts of the year. ;D

So what about you guys?

That's beautiful!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 9:42 pm

February was a horrible month.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 9:43 pm

That's beautiful!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

It actually went kind of bad, but it's okay because the awesome birthday/vacation made up for it :P ;D

How was your February?

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 9:44 pm

Oh no. What happened? :(

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 9:49 pm

I added a poll. I rate February 2018 a solid 4.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/01/18 at 9:49 pm

It actually went kind of bad, but it's okay because the awesome birthday/vacation made up for it :P ;D

How was your February?

Great. Basically 2018 will probably be the best year of my life since 1998.  :)

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 9:50 pm

Great. Basically 2018 will probably be the best year of my life since 1998.  :)

Man, I can't karma you enough for that. That's terrific news!

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 9:53 pm

Oh no. What happened? :(

Nothing really bad happen personally but it sucks due to that school shooting and it was boring also, not to mention my mom's purse was stolen in the beginning of February also which also sucks.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 9:58 pm

Nothing really bad happen personally but it sucks due to that school shooting and it was boring also, not to mention my mom's purse was stolen in the beginning of February also which also sucks.

RIP those kids. I can't imagine what kind of hell their parents are going through  :\'(

That's awful about your mom's purse. Hopefully she was okay? :o

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 10:01 pm

RIP those kids. I can't imagine what kind of hell their parents are going through  :\'(

That's awful about your mom's purse. Hopefully she was okay? :o

She's okay now it happened on February 1st which is a totally good way to start off February. Anyways she was gone when her purse was stolen they broken her car window and got the purse and the purse was in a Winnie the Pooh bag. Luckily her car window got fixed the day after.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/18 at 10:04 pm

She's okay now it happened on February 1st which is a totally good way to start off February. Anyways she was gone when her purse was stolen they broken her car window and got the purse and the purse was in a Winnie the Pooh bag. Luckily her car window got fixed the day after.

That's really awful. Damn.  >:(

Written By: Wobo on 03/01/18 at 10:05 pm

That's really awful. Damn.  >:(

Yeah I was pissed.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 03/02/18 at 7:44 am

The most changeful month in my life for a long time

Written By: Howard on 03/02/18 at 7:47 am

Why? ???

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/18 at 9:13 am

The most changeful month in my life for a long time

Started uni?

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/02/18 at 8:24 pm

It was honestly a little bit depressing for me.
First of all, my Valentine's Day ended up being a disappointment when I found out that my crush liked someone else. I was planning on giving him a gift, but I decided not to after what I heard him say about his crush. Then there was a school shooting in Florida that exact same day, which really made the overall day a lot more depressing.
The weather over here was fluctuating very rapidly. We're getting nice warm weather to chilly and rainy weather the next day, and it's very annoying.
So far, March still feels like an extension of February, only a little bit worse this time. I found out today that my crush officially has a girlfriend. His brother told me in a text, and right when I found out, it made me upset because I thought I'd have the chance with him after knowing him for many years now. We have a lot in common, but he still found someone else.
Right now, the weather is a lot worse than it was in February. Not only is it raining but it is also snowing and the winds are extremely strong.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/02/18 at 9:16 pm

I was sick for about 2 weeks straight this month due to the weather. Luckily I've been feeling a lot more gleeful these past few weeks. So I'd say the tail end of February has been looking up for me. I like it. I got Bruno Mars tickets this month (my favorite contemporary artist ), my job is going well, the weather has been sunny, and I've just revisited some old songs from my adolescence that I love. I've also heard some new music that I like as well. The days go by so fast, can't believe it's March already.

Written By: prodanny288 on 03/03/18 at 6:31 am

It was honestly a little bit depressing for me.
First of all, my Valentine's Day ended up being a disappointment when I found out that my crush liked someone else. I was planning on giving him a gift, but I decided not to after what I heard him say about his crush. Then there was a school shooting in Florida that exact same day, which really made the overall day a lot more depressing.
The weather over here was fluctuating very rapidly. We're getting nice warm weather to chilly and rainy weather the next day, and it's very annoying.
So far, March still feels like an extension of February, only a little bit worse this time. I found out today that my crush officially has a girlfriend. His brother told me in a text, and right when I found out, it made me upset because I thought I'd have the chance with him after knowing him for many years now. We have a lot in common, but he still found someone else.
Right now, the weather is a lot worse than it was in February. Not only is it raining but it is also snowing and the winds are extremely strong.

I'm sorry to hear February wasn't good for you. :\'(
BTW, yep our weather is bad rn.

Written By: Wobo on 03/03/18 at 8:24 am

Why? ???

Check for new replies or respond here...