inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 🚨 Super Smash Bros. Announced for the Switch (2018) 🚨

Written By: 2001 on 03/08/18 at 8:51 pm

2018 to top 2017 as the greatest year in gaming? It's possible.

w3Gt42kVgCw

Subject: Re: 🚨 Super Smash Bros. Announced for the Switch (2018) 🚨

Written By: Wobo on 03/08/18 at 8:55 pm

YEEEEESSSSSS :D I CANT WAIITTTTKCMENXUIXKXMWNSN
This was one of the best directs every because we got Undertale,South Park and Crash Bandicoot on the switch and SMASH BROS.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/08/18 at 10:55 pm

Looks lit 8). Reminds me of the days of Super Smash Dojo, anxiously seeing which characters get announced in the lineup.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/08/18 at 11:38 pm

F#%K YEAH!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/23/18 at 7:04 pm

Damn, I missed this thread?!?

With Ridley already confirmed, I want Mimikyu and that's my last wish. Haha Its kind of sad Adventure Mode will most likely be missing.

Written By: #Infinity on 06/24/18 at 1:26 am

I demand Dixie Kong. She is waaay overdue for series inclusion. With the Donkey Kong Country franchise finding a new lease on life this decade with the Retro Studios platformers, as well as Dixie being featured in Tropical Freeze, she would be absolutely perfect for rounding out the game's roster of female characters, as well as giving the DKC series more that a measly two characters, in contrast to the over saturation of anime swordsmen Super Smash Bros. 4 saw. She was slated to appear in Brawl, but was scrapped. I was upset enough that she was left out of SSB4, and so I'm absolutely hungering for her Smash debut in the upcoming game.

Dixie was a major factor to the success of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (often regarded as one of the greatest 2D platformers of all time), and she was also the main star of the last truly signifiant title for the SNES, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble!. Clearly, Nintendo underestimates her significance to their company's history.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/24/18 at 9:37 am

I demand Dixie Kong. She is waaay overdue for series inclusion. With the Donkey Kong Country franchise finding a new lease on life this decade with the Retro Studios platformers, as well as Dixie being featured in Tropical Freeze, she would be absolutely perfect for rounding out the game's roster of female characters, as well as giving the DKC series more that a measly two characters, in contrast to the over saturation of anime swordsmen Super Smash Bros. 4 saw. She was slated to appear in Brawl, but was scrapped. I was upset enough that she was left out of SSB4, and so I'm absolutely hungering for her Smash debut in the upcoming game.

Dixie was a major factor to the success of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (often regarded as one of the greatest 2D platformers of all time), and she was also the main star of the last truly signifiant title for the SNES, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie's Double Trouble!. Clearly, Nintendo underestimates her significance to their company's history.

YES! Dixie Kong is overdue if not Donkey Kong in general. I can easily see her and King K. Rool both in the game. I also agree with your stance on the over population of the sword wielders.

Written By: #Infinity on 06/24/18 at 11:18 am

YES! Dixie Kong is overdue if not Donkey Kong in general. I can easily see her and King K. Rool both in the game. I also agree with your stance on the over population of the sword wielders.

King K. Rool would be a great heavyset character with loads of move possibilities, but sadly he's been neglected in more recent times and has not been Donkey Kong's arch-rival since DK64, despite an appearance in Mario Super Sluggers. Dixie is more relevant today because Retro Studios brought her back.

That said, I wouldn't rool out the possibility for the King of Kremlings to find his way in because the Smash series has revived more than a few lost. neglected characters, such as Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B. the Robot (I'm not sure if I really count Ness because he appeared in SSB64 only a few years after debuting in Mother 2/Earthbound).

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/24/18 at 2:49 pm

King K. Rool would be a great heavyset character with loads of move possibilities, but sadly he's been neglected in more recent times and has not been Donkey Kong's arch-rival since DK64, despite an appearance in Mario Super Sluggers. Dixie is more relevant today because Retro Studios brought her back.

That said, I wouldn't rool out the possibility for the King of Kremlings to find his way in because the Smash series has revived more than a few lost. neglected characters, such as Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B. the Robot (I'm not sure if I really count Ness because he appeared in SSB64 only a few years after debuting in Mother 2/Earthbound).

Ness is one of the original 12, immortalized in Smash. Removing either one of them would be a massive mistake. Even the Ice Climbers were incredibly missed.

With K. Rool, he has a big enough following. I'm not saying him over Dixie. Nah. Dixie Kong first and foremost. I just feel like King K. Rool is one of those characters that should get a pass. Also, he was one of the most highest voted characters on the Smash ballot. And to put this out there, I'm not even interested in King K. Rool but I can sympathize with Donkey Kong's noticeably neglect. If you want to give King K. Rool a reason, more villains to put fairness.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/05/18 at 8:29 pm

Who else is watching the new Super Smash Bros. Direct? Its on the 8th of this month.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 08/05/18 at 8:43 pm

Who else is watching the new Super Smash Bros. Direct? Its on the 8th of this month.

Damn thanks for telling me! I didn't hear the news until now. I'll for sure be watching it.

Written By: Fawful on 08/07/18 at 11:40 pm

Hopefully, we get a limited edition switch console ;D

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/08/18 at 8:01 am

I'm so anxious, my instincts woke me up ahead of time knowing that my most wanted can easily be de-confirmed. If worst case scenario, I want Adventure Mode, Classic Mode, etc akin to Melee.

Written By: 2001 on 08/08/18 at 9:36 am

djhehfiaifhjskskdjfbsjbdb 😱

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/08/18 at 10:06 am

The direct was decent, kickass returning stages, Classic Mode but my most wanted character was f** de-confirmed.

Written By: 2001 on 08/08/18 at 10:09 am

The direct was decent, kickass returning stages, Classic Mode but my most wanted character was f** de-confirmed.

Knuckles? Lol

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/08/18 at 10:48 am

Knuckles? Lol

Mimikyu. Knuckles been de-confirmed since Ridley's reveal. At least K. Rool is in.

Written By: Wobo on 08/09/18 at 8:14 pm

I saw the direct, it was pretty nice. Nice to have K Rool in the Smash family.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/22/18 at 11:00 am

I'm confident Smash is going to peak again with Smash Ultimate. I put my life on it. Basically every Smash 64 and Melee stage is back.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/31/18 at 9:21 am

Who else hyped for the next Smash direct? The final direct is tomorrow.

I'm still hoping for Skull Kid.

Written By: 2001 on 10/31/18 at 1:09 pm

Who else hyped for the next Smash direct? The final direct is tomorrow.

I'm still hoping for Skull Kid.

Thanks for reminding me! One month left!!

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/01/18 at 9:58 am

Thanks for reminding me! One month left!!

The Piranha Plant has an exciting move set. Hahaha The selfish side of me expected more tho. Incineroar and Ken became too predictable.

Written By: 2001 on 11/01/18 at 11:12 am

The Piranha Plant has an exciting move set. Hahaha The selfish side of me expected more tho. Incineroar and Ken became too predictable.

It was weird. I wasn't paying attention most of the time. I think the spirits mechanic might be interesting, but they were too technical in trying to explain it.

Written By: John Titor on 11/01/18 at 11:30 am

did not need alarm emoji for this thread title :-X

Written By: 2001 on 11/01/18 at 11:34 am

did not need alarm emoji for this thread title :-X

Lol the thread was made when the original announcement was made ;D

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/06/18 at 8:28 am

Smash. Ultimate releases tomorrow.

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/18 at 10:58 am

Smash. Ultimate releases tomorrow.

The 2020s will begin!

Written By: 2001 on 12/07/18 at 4:26 pm

Gwdivdiqgsiqbsqvkaauashsh

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/07/18 at 7:23 pm

Gwdivdiqgsiqbsqvkaauashsh

You got it?

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/14/18 at 12:17 pm

That games is awesome so far! Best Smash Bros. game in the series.

Written By: floppy on 12/17/18 at 8:42 pm

as a Nintendo fan I'm crying that i don't have a switch  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...