inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "The Grinch" coming out on November 9th

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/09/18 at 3:27 pm

vjnqABgxfO0

Your thoughts?

Subject: Re: "The Grinch" coming out on November 9th

Written By: #Infinity on 03/11/18 at 12:41 am

Eh? It has the potential to be a decent update for younger generations. I was turned off by the use of "Happy" in the intro because it seems dated and out of place, not to mention it originated in Despicable Me 2 anyway, but so far the humor and visuals seem strong enough to entertain kids. The issue from hereon out, though, is how well this flick can maintain the heart of a Christmas special and not fall into the same traps that The Lorax and The Cat in the Hat did in the past. It's not as creepy to look at as the 2000 Jim Carrey version, but that film still had a lot of personality and an excellent Grinch, whereas this could either be solid or just a forceful modernization.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/11/18 at 12:51 am

Eh? It has the potential to be a decent update for younger generations. I was turned off by the use of "Happy" in the intro because it seems dated and out of place, not to mention it originated in Despicable Me 2 anyway, but so far the humor and visuals seem strong enough to entertain kids. The issue from hereon out, though, is how well this flick can maintain the heart of a Christmas special and not fall into the same traps that The Lorax and The Cat in the Hat did in the past. It's not as creepy to look at as the 2000 Jim Carrey version, but that film still had a lot of personality and an excellent Grinch, whereas this could either be solid or just a forceful modernization.

Yep, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/11/18 at 4:02 am

God, I loved Jim Carrey's Grinch. Ain't nobody topping that.

Written By: Howard on 03/11/18 at 2:35 pm

God, I loved Jim Carrey's Grinch. Ain't nobody topping that.

Jim Carrey was awesome.

Check for new replies or respond here...