inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2012: A drought for the Nintendo Wii

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/14/18 at 5:48 pm

2012 was a great year, but not for Wii games. After Christmas 2011, the Wii U was less than a year away, and their wasn't a lot of content coming out for the Wii in that year.

More recently, after Star Fox Zero came out in April 2016, we went through yet another 11 month drought before the Nintendo Switch and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild came out. But since they have to focus on their new hardware, they can't pay much attention to the old hardware, which I do understand.

The only first-party Nintendo games that 2012 off the top of my head are Mario Party 9 and Kirby's Dream Collection, and their was also Dragon Quest X (which also came out on Wii U.) I think that was pretty much it. 2012 was very weird because the Wii was already on its way out while the Xbox 360 and PS3 were still going strong, sure the Wii was still relevant, but it's kinda disappointing to think back on, and the Wii U wasn't out until November of that year.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on 2012 for Wii, or for gaming in general?

Subject: Re: 2012: A drought for the Nintendo Wii

Written By: Wobo on 03/14/18 at 6:23 pm

The Wii died in 2012.
I still got a Wii that year though.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/14/18 at 6:36 pm

The Wii died in 2012.
I still got a Wii that year though.

Did you ever play online with it?

Written By: Wobo on 03/14/18 at 6:41 pm

Did you ever play online with it?

No I was only 8 so I never thought of that.

Written By: TwilightPrince16 on 03/14/18 at 6:48 pm

No I was only 8 so I never thought of that.

Me neither. Hell, I didn't get internet access in my house until 2012, and that was only Ethernet. We didn't think to run an Ethernet cord from are Wii to are router, which would've required a longer Ethernet cord. We didn't get WiFi until 2014, and they had already shut their servers down by then.

Written By: 2001 on 03/14/18 at 8:01 pm

Wii had countless droughts which is why I got an Xbox 360 ;D

The first one was... After launch. From November to April nothing good came out except Paper Mario which was a disappointment. Then we had to wait until the end of summer for Metroid Prime 3, and THEN we got Super Mario Galaxy. But seriously, it was just 4 or 5 good games in a heavy hitter year like 2007. It was appaling :P

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/15/18 at 11:51 am

In 2012 I was playing Zelda: Skyward Sword for most of the year. I only had time to play a few hours a week so that's why it took so long. But that was the last Wii game I ever bought.

Check for new replies or respond here...