inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What actually is tumblrcore?

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/17/18 at 9:10 am

Is there a definable genre there, with common musical or aesthetic characteristics? Or is it like calling a group emo, where it's basically just reduced to a label? I had never heard this term until today, but apparently this has been a thing since Lorde came out. I dunno, I'm just an old fuddy-duddy trying to make sense of this. Thanks in advance.

Subject: Re: What actually is tumblrcore?

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/17/18 at 10:36 am

I've never actually heard of Tumblrcore before. ???

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/17/18 at 10:36 am

Tumblrcore = Halsey

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/17/18 at 1:01 pm

Tumblrcore = Halsey

I've been convinced THIS.

Written By: Howard on 03/17/18 at 2:54 pm

I've never actually heard of Tumblrcore before. ???

Me neither. ???

Written By: ofkx on 03/17/18 at 4:31 pm

I think that's what they call artists that are really popular on Tumblr like Lana Del Ray.

Written By: Star Struck on 03/17/18 at 6:21 pm

Never heard of it to be honest

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/18 at 7:46 pm

Urbandictionary to the rescue.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tumblrcore&amp=true

Tumblrcore

Tumblrcore is the genre all bands get once they've become popular seemingly over-night on popular blogging website Tumblr. For bands to be eligible to be considered Tumblrcore, they must have a fudge Yeah! blog, and vast amounts of teen bloggers on their jock.

Tumblrcore bands include: A Day To Remember, Bring Me the Horizon, The Wonder Years, Of Mice and Men, Suicide Silence, ect.

Teen Blogger 1: "Hey man, have you read the new post on YourMusicBlogSucks? She totally made a post with album reviews from every tumblrcore band!"

Teen Blogger 2: "Yeah man! I lol'd so hard when I seen the comments from all the butthurt BMTH fans."

by YourMusicBlogSucks January 05, 2012

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/17/18 at 7:53 pm

Urbandictionary to the rescue.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tumblrcore&amp=true

Tumblrcore

Tumblrcore is the genre all bands get once they've become popular seemingly over-night on popular blogging website Tumblr. For bands to be eligible to be considered Tumblrcore, they must have a fudge Yeah! blog, and vast amounts of teen bloggers on their jock.

Tumblrcore bands include: A Day To Remember, Bring Me the Horizon, The Wonder Years, Of Mice and Men, Suicide Silence, ect.

Teen Blogger 1: "Hey man, have you read the new post on YourMusicBlogSucks? She totally made a post with album reviews from every tumblrcore band!"

Teen Blogger 2: "Yeah man! I lol'd so hard when I seen the comments from all the butthurt BMTH fans."

by YourMusicBlogSucks January 05, 2012

Oh, so it's not a sound - it's just a label.

Check for new replies or respond here...