inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why 2012 was a great year (well for me)

Written By: Wobo on 03/17/18 at 9:12 pm

I love 2012 I think was it was a awesome year for me and probably for pop culture IMO when I hear songs from 2012 it makes me kind if nostalgic for the year.
What do you guys think of 2012?

Subject: Re: Why 2012 was a great year (well for me)

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/17/18 at 9:15 pm

I love 2012 I think was it was a awesome year for me and probably for pop culture IMO when I hear songs from 2012 it makes me kind if nostalgic for the year.
What do you guys think of 2012?

2012 was the last 2010s year I liked before I started kinda disliking it. lol

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/17/18 at 9:34 pm

I think that 2012 was one of the worst years for pop music. That doesn't mean there wasn't good music coming out though imo. It was the year social media sites like Instagram and Twitter really began to take off (which wasn't so bad at the time actually). The end of the world prediction was a highlight of that year. There was a film about it and the predictions being made were hilarious and shameful at the same time. Some individuals commited suicide because of it.

YouTube was on it's way to entering a new era with the integration of Google+ and it has never really been the same since then. Also Illuminati conspiracy theories were rampant all across the web. I also believe this was the year the Trayvon Martin incident happened. Kony 2012 was also popular that year. There was Gangmn style. I can't remember everything from that year off the top of my head. Overall, I think it's one of the weaker years of this decade.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/17/18 at 9:39 pm

2013 was better.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/18 at 9:39 pm

I have a hard time picking whether 2012, 2014 or 2017 is my favourite year of this decade. :D

It was my first and second year at uni. I had so much fun, I'm really starting to miss my uni years even though it was a few years ago ;D

Written By: Wobo on 03/17/18 at 9:41 pm

2013 was better.

2013 was a great year also.

Written By: Wobo on 03/17/18 at 9:46 pm

I have a hard time picking whether 2012, 2014 or 2017 is my favourite year of this decade. :D

It was my first and second year at uni. I had so much fun, I'm really starting to miss my uni years even though it was a few years ago ;D

2012 is now 6 years ago which is hard to believe because I remember moving that year and I remember strongly.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/18 at 9:50 pm

2012 is now 6 years ago which is hard to believe because I remember moving that year and I remember strongly.

I can't believe it either :o

Time flies when you're having fun eh :D

Written By: Wobo on 03/17/18 at 9:52 pm

I can't believe it either :o

Time flies when you're having fun eh :D

Well maybe minutes but not years ;D.

Written By: Wobo on 03/17/18 at 9:53 pm

I think that 2012 was one of the worst years for pop music. That doesn't mean there wasn't good music coming out though imo. It was the year social media sites like Instagram and Twitter really began to take off (which wasn't so bad at the time actually). The end of the world prediction was a highlight of that year. There was a film about it and the predictions being made were hilarious and shameful at the same time. Some individual commited suicide because of it.

YouTube was on it's way to entering a new era with the integration of Google+ and it has never really been the same since then. Also Illuminati conspiracy theories were rampant all across the web. I also believe this was the year the Trayvon Martin incident happened. Kony 2012 was also popular that year. There was Gangmn style. I can't remember everything from that year off the top of my head. Overall, I think it's one of the weaker years of this decade.

Her name was Amanda Todd.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/18 at 9:55 pm

Her name was Amanda Todd.

She committed suicide from being bullied and sexual harrassment/blackmail  :-\\

Written By: Wobo on 03/17/18 at 10:01 pm

Okay will aside from The End of the World thing,Trayvon Martin,Sandy Hook,Aurora Theatre Shooting and Amanda Todd's suicide I still think 2012 was a great year IMO.

Written By: 2001 on 03/17/18 at 10:06 pm

Okay will aside from The End of the World thing,Trayvon Martin,Sandy Hook,Aurora Theatre Shooting and Amanda Todd's suicide I still think 2012 was a great year IMO.

The End of The World Thing should be included in why it was a great year. It was fun lol.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/17/18 at 10:53 pm

Hated it. Worst year ever for me. Terrible music (worst year for music of this decade), terrible culture, and it was the worst year of my personal life ever. It was quite a dark year both personally and for world events. Then 2013 came along and saved the day. 2013 was my favourite year this decade and I loved that year a lot both culturally and personal life wise.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/17/18 at 10:55 pm

I think that 2012 was one of the worst years for pop music. That doesn't mean there wasn't good music coming out though imo. It was the year social media sites like Instagram and Twitter really began to take off (which wasn't so bad at the time actually). The end of the world prediction was a highlight of that year. There was a film about it and the predictions being made were hilarious and shameful at the same time. Some individuals commited suicide because of it.

YouTube went downhill before 2012 imo. Around 2010 was when it really started to suck.

Written By: Dundee on 03/18/18 at 2:49 am

2012 was nice and an improvement over 2011. It's really the year where what we know as "hipster" today got huge I think. There were several movies that I like like which came out Argo, Django Unchained and the first Hunger Games. Mainstream music was more of a mixed bag with some great ones (Somebody That I Used to Know, Set Fire to the Rain), catchy ones (Call Me Maybe, Locked of Heaven) and some really horrid ones (Whistle).

The first "real 2010s" year in many ways.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/18 at 3:48 am

The year of 2012 was great for me, it was my last year of employment before taking semi-retirement, the London Summer Olympics (which I attended), and the first of my long stays in The Philippines.

Written By: ofkx on 03/18/18 at 10:52 am

It was a nice time to be a 10 year old. Also, it was the last year I was fully a kid.

Written By: Wobo on 03/18/18 at 11:06 am

It was a nice time to be a 10 year old. Also, it was the last year I was fully a kid.

I was 8.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 03/18/18 at 11:36 am

It's a weird one for me, as at the time it happened I hated it and it was without a doubt the worst year of my life.
But recently I'm actually warming up to it and realizing that there was actually lot of good stuff that year and I still had amazing experiences.

Written By: Lyndialy on 03/18/18 at 12:56 pm

I liked the music that was coming out that year. My favorite thing about 2012 was that it was the year people thought the world was gonna end. I thought we'd get an apocalypse by 12/21/2012.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/18/18 at 1:14 pm

2012 was the last 2010s year I liked before I started kinda disliking it. lol

Sadly 2012 was one of the better years of this decade, even though people I worked with would have perceived that I wasn't having a good year due to the situation with our boss. Outside of work on the other hand, I did a lot of traveling around Europe so that made up for the work situation. 2015 and 16 were the only decent years since then. At my age and this decade, even the "good" years are not so great.

2013 was a great year also.

The first half of 2013 was good, but the second half was terrible along with 2014.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/18/18 at 1:44 pm

I did not think the world would end in 2012. I can't believe people actually thought that.

Written By: Dundee on 03/18/18 at 3:37 pm

Funny thing is that day was one of the best days of my life ;D The fact that was supposedly the day of apocalypse just was convenient for me to remember the date!

Check for new replies or respond here...