inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A movie that resembles eighth grade in the late 2010s.

Written By: Wobo on 03/21/18 at 6:08 pm

What do you guys think?
This movie doesn't intentionally resembles it, it just shows what eighth grade is like nowadays in the beginning movie you can see her on Snapchat people saying lit in the movie and someone was also dabbing in the movie which is cringe but I think this resembles eighth grade in the late 2010s.
y8lFgF_IjPw

Subject: Re: A movie that resembles eighth grade in the late 2010s.

Written By: Wobo on 03/21/18 at 8:19 pm

Bump

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/21/18 at 8:24 pm

I think the entire thing is cringy lol. However, I would agree that it's an accurate representation of the current culture. Btw, I believe this video was posted before. Maybe that explains why no one has replied yet.

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/21/18 at 11:03 pm

What do you guys think?
This movie doesn't intentionally resembles it, it just shows what eighth grade is like nowadays in the beginning movie you can see her on Snapchat people saying lit in the movie and someone was also dabbing in the movie which is cringe but I think this resembles eighth grade in the late 2010s.
y8lFgF_IjPw

It could be good. A24 is one of the most interesting production companies out there right now. I don't think the trailer is cringey. It gives me Welcome to the Dollhouse vibes.

Written By: ofkx on 03/22/18 at 7:27 am

I posted it in another thread called "very 10s stuff".
It's a bit cringy tbh. It is very 2010s though. It will NOT age well, that's for sure.

Written By: Dundee on 03/22/18 at 7:28 am

It's fairly interesting, gonna try to give it a watch so I can have some 8th grade flashbacks ;D

Also they used my gurl Enya for the trailer <3

Written By: Dundee on 03/22/18 at 7:56 am

It's a bit cringy tbh. It is very 2010s though. It will NOT age well, that's for sure.
Tbh this decade is severly missing its Heathers/Clueless/Mean Girls so it's not a bad thing at all.

Written By: John Titor on 03/22/18 at 11:14 am

Tbh this decade is severly missing its Heathers/Clueless/Mean Girls so it's not a bad thing at all.

they tryed it with the Duff movie

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/22/18 at 5:41 pm

What teen movies in y'alls opinion have "aged well"?

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/22/18 at 5:43 pm

they tryed it with the Duff movie

They really did but they tried a bit too hard and the movie also became really generic somewhere in the second half.

Written By: 2001 on 03/22/18 at 5:58 pm

That show Popular from the early 2000s. When I was watching it in 2007/2008, I actually thought it was a new contemporary show because they only aired one episode a week. I only found out a few years ago that it aired in 1999 :D

I haven't watched it since 2008 so I don't know if it still holds up but it did hold up then.

Written By: ofkx on 03/23/18 at 6:59 am

Mean girls maybe? it's still mostly relevant 14 years later. I actually thought it was released in like 2008/9 until its 10 year anniversary back in 2014.
"Eighth Grade" is too now if that makes sense.

Written By: bchris02 on 03/23/18 at 12:19 pm

College/twentysomething comedies have also been severely lacking since the very early 2010s in my opinion as well.

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/23/18 at 12:48 pm

That show Popular from the early 2000s. When I was watching it in 2007/2008, I actually thought it was a new contemporary show because they only aired one episode a week. I only found out a few years ago that it aired in 1999 :D

I haven't watched it since 2008 so I don't know if it still holds up but it did hold up then.

That's really funny because I rented the series back in 06 or 07 and my roommates laughed at me because to them the show was so dated. Speaking of dated, did you watch this show?

VPVknFEj8Us

It only lasted 8 episodes in 2000 (it was supposed to be released late 1999) but it's a great example of that era of teen television back in the late 90s-early 2000s. Here's an awesome parody MADTV made back when MADTV was amazing.

ZH6OUmsPA0I

Check for new replies or respond here...