inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How will you feel or what will you do when the 2010s are over?

Written By: Wobo on 03/22/18 at 7:38 pm

What will you do? will you be glad that this decade is over? Or be Sad?
Anyways I'll be shocked that 2010 is 10 years ago now and that the 2010s is already over.

Subject: Re: How will you feel or what will you do when the 2010s are over?

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/22/18 at 7:48 pm

You pretty much answered the question for me. ;D

I'll be shocked that 2007 will be 13 years old by then. :o

Written By: Dundee on 03/22/18 at 7:54 pm

This definitely will hurt me as it makes me realise the years just flew by :(

Written By: 2001 on 03/22/18 at 7:58 pm

Start an early 2010s revival  :D

Written By: Wobo on 03/22/18 at 7:59 pm

Start an early 2010s revival  :D

I'm gonna try to expirience the early 2020s before 2024. 

Written By: Shemp97 on 03/22/18 at 8:00 pm

It will hopefully signal the revival of interest in TV and pop music. I'm eager to witness the new music sounds of it the 2020s.

Written By: Dundee on 03/22/18 at 8:04 pm

It will hopefully signal the revival of interest in TV and pop music. I'm eager to witness the new music sounds of it the 2020s.
What about "Harsh Noise Wall", it definitely sounds like the next big thing in popular music  ;D

wLzEgrHKxNM

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/22/18 at 8:33 pm

I'll be happy we're beginning a new decade. That's always fun.

Written By: Wobo on 03/22/18 at 8:35 pm

Yep

Written By: nintieskid999 on 03/22/18 at 9:53 pm

Happy it's over. I hate the 2010s.

Written By: bchris02 on 03/22/18 at 9:56 pm

I really feel like everything around us will be in ashes by December 31, 2019.  Most of us here won't be around to see it and those who are will be trying to flee either radiation poisoning or civil unrest.  Scary times we are living in.

Written By: Wobo on 03/22/18 at 10:00 pm

That's your opinion.  ;D

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/22/18 at 11:08 pm

I wouldn't care one way or the other!

Written By: 2001 on 03/22/18 at 11:14 pm

But do you think anything will actually change just because the year is different?  ???

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 03/22/18 at 11:35 pm

15 year old me

One Side: "OMG it's the 2020s!!! I'm going to start this decade off strong and have a blast!"  :D

The Other: "Oh crap... the 2010s are gone... Why... Why.... Why.."  :\'(

SailorSteven2017 - Bringing of all the drama in 2020

Written By: bchris02 on 03/22/18 at 11:46 pm

I am pretty sad we are about to wrap up the '10s.  It seems like it was just yesterday we were ringing in the new decade.  December 31, 2009 going into 2010.  That was the best time of my life.  Looking back, things seemed so simple back then.  Today, it's like I'm living in a nightmare I would have had back then.  It's amazing things have become this bleak.  Let's raise a glass, a toast to better times ahead.

https://m5.paperblog.com/i/170/1703655/lets-raise-the-toast-for-the-bewilderment-of--L-yl3l1Q.jpeg

Written By: Milk on 03/23/18 at 1:20 am

I'll be excited for a new decade. I hope every aspect of culture changes by the 2020s.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/23/18 at 1:39 am

I'll be excited for a new decade. I hope every aspect of culture changes by the 2020s.

It won't happen that fast lol. I hope it changes as well but only for the better.

Written By: Dundee on 03/23/18 at 3:15 am

2010s: Can't wait for the 2020s, ugh

2020s: fudge, bring back the 2010s...

Written By: ofkx on 03/23/18 at 7:09 am

I try to be positive about the future, so I'll probably be excited about the possibilities the 2020s present. I'll also probably be a bit sad, because I'll officially become an adult in January of 2020. It feels only yesterday I was in primary school :\'(

Written By: Howard on 03/23/18 at 7:29 am

It's always good to experience a new change.

Written By: Howard on 03/23/18 at 7:31 am

But do you think anything will actually change just because the year is different?  ???

hopefully gun control but I know that'll never change. ::)

Written By: Howard on 03/23/18 at 7:34 am

It was just sad how 2009 had the deaths of Michael Jackson, Patrick Swayze and Brittany Murphy. :\'(

Written By: y2kkid92 on 03/23/18 at 9:29 am

I think the days of a decade having a distinct identity like the 60's 70's 80's and to a lesser extent even the 90's are long gone, I don't think anyone even cares about finally having a new decade with a universally accepted shorthand, how many people have you heard say I can't wait for the 20's? there's no hype around this new decade and were only 1 year 9 months and 8 days away, we've done away with what decade identity is, in fact in the 20's I doubt anyone will even refer to the time there living in by decade much less shorthand it,  we will all still be referring to the era/time were living in by a year, so it will be  "get with the times it's twenty twenty five!" not "get with the times it's the 20's!"  some will even still say two thousand and twenty five LOL hahahaha, baby boomers and early gen x'ers  really had something special they got to live in decades with there own clearly defined true identities, we will never have what our parents had, and you can you see this reflected in the way no ones even selling records like the 80's anymore,

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/23/18 at 9:50 am

I think the days of a decade having a distinct identity like the 60's 70's 80's and to a lesser extent even the 90's are long gone, I don't think anyone even cares about finally having a new decade with a universally accepted shorthand, how many people have you heard say I can't wait for the 20's? there's no hype around this new decade and were only 1 year 9 months and 8 days away, we've done away with what decade identity is, in fact in the 20's I doubt anyone will even refer to the time there living in by decade much less shorthand it,  we will all still be referring to the era/time were living in by a year, so it will be  "get with the times it's twenty twenty five!" not "get with the times it's the 20's!"  some will even still say two thousand and twenty five LOL hahahaha, baby boomers and early gen x'ers  really had something special they got to live in decades with there own clearly defined true identities, we will never have what our parents had, and you can you see this reflected in the way no ones even selling records like the 80's anymore,

I find the 10s distinctive from the 00s and the 00s were distinctive from the 90s. And people on this board at least are pretty hype about the 2020s. There's a lot of optimism over it. And the adoption of streaming is what makes the 10s distinctive.

Written By: ofkx on 03/23/18 at 9:52 am

And what makes you think that? the 90s and the 00s both have distinct identities. Heck, even the early 2010s have a distinct identity. The reason no one refers to this decade as "the 10s" and use the year instead is because the tens is a crappy name for a decade, not because no one cares. Either way, I've actually been seeing and hearing people refer to this decade as the 10s more and more since we're close to the end.

Written By: Shemp97 on 03/23/18 at 10:28 am

2010s: Can't wait for the 2020s, ugh

2020s: fudge, bring back the 2010s...

*The 2000s

Written By: y2kkid92 on 03/23/18 at 11:37 am

I find the 10s distinctive from the 00s and the 00s were distinctive from the 90s. And people on this board at least are pretty hype about the 2020s. There's a lot of optimism over it. And the adoption of streaming is what makes the 10s distinctive.

Not really?, adoption of streaming is having a impact on the music industry yes and subsequently how the charts are counted true, but you need to look back to see the full picture, the 20s will still have streaming services be just as popular proberly even more so! streaming isn't particular to the 2010s decade going forward,btw this decades rustic minimalist aesthetic in home decor and barbershops (in perticuler) is minging modernism in desighn is 8-P

Written By: unicornic on 03/23/18 at 2:08 pm

It’s definitely going to be hard to believe. I will be 18 years old. No longer a minor. :o

Written By: graciee on 03/23/18 at 2:18 pm

I will be very happy that we are entering a new decade!

Written By: musicguy93 on 03/23/18 at 4:31 pm

I'll be intrigued to what the new decade will bring, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I would hope that, at the very least, there is more variety in things (ie., music, fashion, movies, T.V. shows, etc.) in the 2020s than there currently is in the 2010s. Hopefully the 2020s will a decade where there is something for everyone. I don't think that's TOO MUCH to ask for. This "one size fits all" culture of the 2010s is clearly NOT working, and needs to be eradicated as we enter the next decade.

Written By: kingofthetemple on 03/23/18 at 4:53 pm

Ill be pretty darn happy because the 2010s are boring and dull and seem to drag for some reason,but I won't bash the 2010s too hard I mean at first it will be like wow the 2010s are really gone but then I'll instantly be like yes a new decade that's hopefully a little better than the 2010s. :)

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/23/18 at 5:01 pm

Fun fact:
As of today, January 1st, 2020, is as far away as June 12, 2016. We are closer to the very first day of the 2020's decade than any day that was before June 12, 2016.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Written By: ofkx on 03/23/18 at 5:36 pm

Fun fact:
As of today, January 1st, 2020, is as far away as June 12, 2016. We are closer to the very first day of the 2020's decade than any day that was before June 12, 2016.

Let that sink in for a moment.

whaaaaat?? wasn't june 2016 like, two months ago???

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/23/18 at 7:22 pm

June 2016 was my 14th birthday. ;D

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/23/18 at 9:48 pm

I'll be intrigued to what the new decade will bring, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I would hope that, at the very least, there is more variety in things (ie., music, fashion, movies, T.V. shows, etc.) in the 2020s than there currently is in the 2010s. Hopefully the 2020s will a decade where there is something for everyone. I don't think that's TOO MUCH to ask for. This "one size fits all" culture of the 2010s is clearly NOT working, and needs to be eradicated as we enter the next decade.

Not working for who? There's ALWAYS outliers. No matter what. You're looking for the mainstream culture to fix your life. It never will.

Written By: mjstudios97 on 03/23/18 at 10:11 pm

I feel excited and positive for the next decade. I really can't believe how fast the past 8 years went. I remember being an edgy, sheltered and shy 12 year old back in December 2009 with so much hormones, and I had no understanding of how the world worked.

So much has happened then, I have traveled to Hawaii, Japan, New York City, Washington DC, Florida, and London since then. I have met so many different people since then.

There are still some things I'm working on though, of course.  ;)

I really am looking forward to the next decade and to see where it'll take me, and the rest of the world.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/23/18 at 10:40 pm

Mind blown.

I'm just not ready for it.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/24/18 at 2:15 am

Mind blown.

I'm just not ready for it.

Neither am I.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/24/18 at 2:17 am

To be honest I wouldn't really care that the actual 2010s decade are gone, I'm pretty apathetic about this decade. But I will feel anxious that time is moving so fast. I just can't believe how fast the time has gone the past couple of years and how this decade just flew by. It's kinda scary.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/18 at 3:14 pm

How about over a year and a half ago?

Written By: Wobo on 03/24/18 at 3:21 pm

How about over a year and a half ago?

No it was 1 second ago.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/18 at 3:43 pm

No it was 1 second ago.

What are you talking about? ::)

Written By: mjstudios97 on 03/24/18 at 5:08 pm

"One size fits all culture of the 2010s is clearly not working"

AGREED.

Written By: mjstudios97 on 03/24/18 at 5:13 pm

To be honest I wouldn't really care that the actual 2010s decade are gone, I'm pretty apathetic about this decade. But I will feel anxious that time is moving so fast. I just can't believe how fast the time has gone the past couple of years and how this decade just flew by. It's kinda scary.

This.

I have a cousin who was born in 2011, and so seeing her now as a tall, opinionated, and articulate 6 year old going on 7 makes me realize how the time went by! I could've sworn I just found out that my aunt was pregnant with her yesterday. It was on the last day of middle school.

It's so bittersweet having coherent conversations through text messages with her from a home computer she uses at her home. She was just a babbling baby with a lot of spit up not that long ago!  :o

Written By: Wobo on 03/24/18 at 5:53 pm

This.

I have a cousin who was born in 2011, and so seeing her now as a tall, opinionated, and articulate 6 year old going on 7 makes me realize how the time went by! I could've sworn I just found out that my aunt was pregnant with her yesterday. It was on the last day of middle school.

It's so bittersweet having coherent conversations through text messages with her from a home computer she uses at her home. She was just a babbling baby with a lot of spit up not that long ago!  :o

I have cousin who was also born in 2011 too.  :)

Written By: Wobo on 03/24/18 at 5:55 pm

15 year old me

One Side: "OMG it's the 2020s!!! I'm going to start this decade off strong and have a blast!"  :D

The Other: "Oh crap... the 2010s are gone... Why... Why.... Why.."  :\'(

SailorSteven2017 - Bringing of all the drama in 2020

16 year old me
Hmmm the 2010s over....wow

Time to start a fresh new decade.  :D

Written By: mjstudios97 on 03/24/18 at 5:57 pm

I have cousin who was also born in 2011 too.  :)

That's cute. Does your cousin know how to type on a keyboard already to write messages or search something up too? I'm just curious.

Written By: Wobo on 03/24/18 at 6:02 pm

That's cute. Does your cousin know how to type on a keyboard already to write messages or search something up too? I'm just curious.

Not that I know but he knows how to use a tablet and watch videos on YouTube. When ever he comes over and watches YouTube on the TV he always wants me to help him search up a certain video since he barely knows how to spell.

I also have a cousin born in 2014 (10 years after I was born)

Written By: mjstudios97 on 03/24/18 at 6:10 pm

Not that I know but he knows how to use a tablet and watch videos on YouTube. When ever he comes over and watches YouTube on the TV he always wants me to help him search up a certain video since he barely knows how to spell.

I also have a cousin born in 2014 (10 years after I was born)

I see. My cousin can do it independently. She's kind of advanced. She types by herself and she can even capitalize letters and use the punctuations, and different symbols like to make an emoticon to text. She acts like she's older than 6 sometimes LOL.

Written By: Wobo on 03/24/18 at 6:13 pm

I see. My cousin can do it independently. She's kind of advanced. She types by herself and she can even capitalize letters and use the punctuations, and different symbols like to make an emoticon to text. She acts like she's older than 6 sometimes LOL.

Well my cousin is a pain the as* he cries when he can't get his way but he's not worse than my other cousin who is his older brother. But my cousin doesn't cry all the time though he isn't annoying all the time. I guess your cousin is smarter than mines  ;D.

Written By: mjstudios97 on 03/24/18 at 6:25 pm

Well my cousin is a pain the as* he cries when he can't get his way but he's not worse than my other cousin who is his older brother. But my cousin doesn't cry all the time though he isn't annoying all the time. I guess your cousin is smarter than mines  ;D.

Every kid is different. I guess maybe your cousin was spoiled just based on inference.  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 03/24/18 at 6:26 pm

Every kid is different. I guess maybe your cousin was spoiled just based on inference.  ;D

Yeah he is.  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 03/27/18 at 12:06 am

280 days until 2019  :o wow.

Written By: wixness on 03/29/18 at 8:04 am

Celebrate, and hope that the 2020s are better. Enough of this decade.

I'll celebrate with 2000s stuff, I think. There's a few stuff I like from the 2010s, but most of them are games and technology. Much of the other stuff I like has been from the 2000s.

Check for new replies or respond here...