inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: #DeleteFacebook Trend

Written By: Slim95 on 03/24/18 at 1:23 am

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-why-most-people-want-to-delete-facebook-its-not-privacy-2018-03-23

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/23/probeat-deleting-facebook-step-by-step/

https://twitter.com/brianacton/status/976231995846963201

Is this it for them?

Subject: Re: #DeleteFacebook Trend

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/24/18 at 2:17 am

I don't know about anybody else but I've got no intention of deleting my facebook page.  I would pay a one-time subscription fee for the privilege of using Facebook but not a monthly fee.

Written By: xenzue on 03/24/18 at 3:30 am

Interestingly enough, 2008 was the year when MySpace started to decline, and by 2010 it had already been largely replaced by Facebook. This time is different though, as there isn't really a large enough social network to absorb Facebook's user base. Google+ was supposed to be that, but it bombed massively. Facebook will eventually die though, that's set in stone, Gen Z practically don't use it unless if it's for the messenger app.

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/24/18 at 3:34 am

I have no intention of deleting my Facebook any time soon. It feels like home to me, and there's really no other alternative like it.

I'm also on Instagram and Twitter, but those are more for following sexy models and celebrities.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/18 at 4:56 am

Could there be a #DeleteInThe00s  move afoot too? ???

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/24/18 at 6:29 am

I've wanted to delete my Facebook for ages, but I'm always stopped by two things:

1. It would be hard for me to keep in touch with my classmates and other older friends, and

2. My wife won't let me.

Written By: Wobo on 03/24/18 at 10:36 am

;D

Written By: ofkx on 03/24/18 at 10:54 am

I hope y'all realize that they're literally selling you and your (PRIVATE!!!) information to other companies without your knowledge. Thank god I haven't had a facebook since 2012

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/24/18 at 10:55 am

It's not going to happen. There are tons of reasons why people will keep their Facebook despite there are already other types of social media. While I understand the site is practically nothing, but politics it still serves a purpose of communicating with friends, family, and other acquaintances.

Oh, and while we're at it, stop trying to make #DeleteFacebook happen. It's not going to happen. ;D :D

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/24/18 at 11:27 am

I already deleted mine and haven't looked back since. Occasionally it gets reactivated by some apps that I singed up with through Facebook (because I got lazy and that was the quicker way). I even signed up for IG through FB, though that doesn't reactive it. Even while FB is active, I never log in. The last few times I did there's nothing interested. Oh well, I guess I'll forget people's birthdays now, lol.

Written By: meesa on 03/24/18 at 11:32 am

It's not going to happen.

I agree with you when it comes to people of a certain age or living in specific areas of the country. But for younger folks that I have been around, FB is not a primary, secondary or even the third social media of choice.

It will die, as those that are hanging onto it are not enough to keep it afloat-eventually.

Written By: John Titor on 03/24/18 at 12:22 pm

Interestingly enough, 2008 was the year when MySpace started to decline, and by 2010 it had already been largely replaced by Facebook. This time is different though, as there isn't really a large enough social network to absorb Facebook's user base. Google+ was supposed to be that, but it bombed massively. Facebook will eventually die though, that's set in stone, Gen Z practically don't use it unless if it's for the messenger app.

Tom Anderson time to buy the site back

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/24/18 at 12:39 pm

But I won't be writing anything too personal on Facebook until I know that some weirdo isn't going to be tracking what I write. But at the same time, I don't want to think that my "personal" page isn't as secure as I thought that it was.

Written By: annimal on 03/24/18 at 12:46 pm

I have a reason to keep my account, but am tired of getting all these e-mails that so and so did this

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/18 at 12:57 pm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolenguyen/how-to-revoke-third-party-apps-on-facebook?utm_term=.tvV7NbW9L#.rbPMDznJp

There is a link in the article that will lead you to the page you need to go in your account to zap all the apps that you have "given" permission to take your data-not to mention the data of all your friends. You really need to do this-and encourage all your Facebook friends to do the same-because even if you do it and your friends haven't, other outside groups can get YOUR info.

Cat

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/24/18 at 1:00 pm

I've never been good at maintaining digital privacy. All the crap I posted on Facebook in the last 9 years probably mirror all the crap I posted for four years on myspace. I'm probably completely screwed on that front so I'm not gonna get pissed about it.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/24/18 at 1:07 pm

I don't use Facebook but I won't delete it. I may want to get in touch with an old high school friend one day.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/24/18 at 1:46 pm

Oh, and while we're at it, stop trying to make #DeleteFacebook happen. It's not going to happen. ;D :D

It already happened. The hashtag has been trending on Twitter this week. That's why I mentioned it because it's a trend now. I didn't make it up lol but that would be cool if I started it and made it happen.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/deletefacebook?lang=en
https://twitter.com/brianacton/status/976231995846963201

Written By: Milk on 03/24/18 at 2:46 pm

I haven't updated my facebook since 2016

Written By: Slim95 on 03/24/18 at 2:49 pm

I go on Facebook but don't really make posts anymore. I'm considering getting rid of it but not sure yet.

Written By: Lyndialy on 03/24/18 at 2:52 pm

I don't like Facebook. It's filled with an exorbitant amount of fake news and its community is toxic. I much prefer Twitter.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/18 at 3:04 pm

God I hope not! :(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/24/18 at 9:52 pm

I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Written By: 2001 on 03/24/18 at 10:27 pm

I never posted much on my Facebook, you can't really find out much about me on there other than me being a nerdy recluse.  And even on Da 'Gram I only share the light hearted parts of my life.

Twitter is probably where I get most personal, but even on that I post exclusively about my hobbies (language learning, programming, tech), nothing very compromising. I haven't posted on there much in the past year though.

I don't have any reason to delete any social media account.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/24/18 at 10:28 pm

I don't like Facebook. It's filled with an exorbitant amount of fake news and its community is toxic. I much prefer Twitter.

Same here, IMO Twitter is definitely better than Facebook.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/24/18 at 10:30 pm

Twitter and Facebook are both on their way out. I don't like Twitter it's a pretty dumb concept to me even though I do still have an account on there.

Written By: annimal on 03/24/18 at 10:34 pm

Lyndialy is twitterpated. 

Written By: 2001 on 03/24/18 at 10:34 pm

Twitter and Facebook are both on their way out. I don't like Twitter it's a pretty dumb concept to me even though I do still have an account on there.

I got Twitter before it was popular and this was a common saying back in 2009

Facebook is for people you know
Twitter is for the people you wish you knew

I still follow this motto, so I enjoy Twitter a lot ;D

Twitter is really only as "dumb" or as fun and fascinating as the people you follow in my opinion. If you follow better people you might find yourself enjoying it ;)

Written By: annimal on 03/24/18 at 10:41 pm

maybe I ought to try it some day

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/24/18 at 10:56 pm

Lyndialy is twitterpated.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/993/875/084.png

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/24/18 at 11:53 pm

Good thing I never put any real info on Social Media. Ain't got tolerance of my info being sold to companies.

Anyways if Social Media ends up being just a 2010s thing then I'll be surprised when we're in the core 20's culture and social media is nearly abandoned by everyone (or it goes back to how it was during its very early days). I'm somewhat okay with this as I don't like how pop culture is centered around social media anyways.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/25/18 at 10:33 am

I don't think I'll be deleting my Facebook anytime soon. I have too many friends on there who live in other states and so I don't get to see them often. It's the only place I can keep in touch with them.

Written By: annimal on 03/25/18 at 2:23 pm

i have a brother in mexico

Written By: Howard on 03/25/18 at 2:28 pm

I don't have a Facebook but My Mother does.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/25/18 at 2:29 pm

I don't have a Facebook but My Mother does.

You never opened one up?

Written By: Howard on 03/25/18 at 3:23 pm

You never opened one up?

nope, never cared to either a Twitter or an Instagram.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/25/18 at 3:24 pm

I never opened an Instagram account either.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/25/18 at 3:44 pm

I have both, but have never posted anything.  :-\\

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/25/18 at 4:16 pm

I have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and I have a website on Tumblr.

Written By: ofkx on 03/25/18 at 4:26 pm

Good thing I never put any real info on Social Media. Ain't got tolerance of my info being sold to companies.

Anyways if Social Media ends up being just a 2010s thing then I'll be surprised when we're in the core 20's culture and social media is nearly abandoned by everyone (or it goes back to how it was during its very early days). I'm somewhat okay with this as I don't like how pop culture is centered around social media anyways.

I doubt social media will ever end unless the internet ends someday ???

Written By: meesa on 03/25/18 at 5:48 pm

The issue isn't just that information was gathered and sold/turned over to others. The information was used for targeting people to manipulate their decision on electing the US President by playing on people's fears (even unconscious ones). I have a BIG problem with both. I have heard people say it isn't 'that big of a deal' and that 'people should just be smarter than to fall for that'. I guess I don't understand why people minimize this.

Yes I know that advertisement and other media do a similar thing as to sway people to buy their product. But how far is too far? Until it is used a weapon?

Written By: annimal on 03/25/18 at 6:02 pm

I don't understand why you maximize it

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/18 at 6:04 pm

Because the ramifications are huge.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/25/18 at 6:16 pm

I never trusted Facebook or any online website so I never put personal things on there. Plus the "founder" is a tool.  :P

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/25/18 at 6:20 pm

I prefer Instagram. It features the one thing I like about Facebook (picture sharing), while Twitter features the one thing I don't like about Facebook (posting your thoughts every 10 minutes).

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/25/18 at 6:22 pm

I prefer Instagram. It features the one thing I like about Facebook (picture sharing), while Twitter features the one thing I don't like about Facebook (posting your thoughts every 10 minutes).

I prefer Instagram too. That's the app where I see the best memes. 8)

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/18 at 6:29 pm

Yeah Instagram is a lot nicer than Facebook. I'm glad most my friends are on it now. I'm glad also that Instagram buries people who post too much, because some people were posting like 50 selfies a day and it was ridiculous.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/25/18 at 6:36 pm

I actually liked Google+. I liked how you can choose who you share your posts with, while Facebook you can only choose who NOT to share it with. I was disappointed that Google+ didn't replace Facebook. FB has actually ruined people's lives because of the lack of privacy settings. Granted it was mostly the user's fault, such as having an affair and FB just made it easier to get caught. People have also lost their jobs due to their posts.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/25/18 at 6:41 pm

Forums and YouTube are the only social medias I use. I have an Instagram, Twitter and FB but I haven't posted anything in maybe 4-5 years.

Written By: meesa on 03/25/18 at 7:52 pm

???

Written By: annimal on 03/25/18 at 10:41 pm

never mind  I'm too busy exercising right now anyways

Written By: Slim95 on 03/25/18 at 10:47 pm

Interesting. Maybe Facebook really is going down the same path as MySpace. I'd be interested to see if it would still be common to have in 2020.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/31/16957122/facebook-daily-active-user-decline-us-canda-q4-earnings-2018

Written By: Looney Toon on 03/25/18 at 10:52 pm

I doubt social media will ever end unless the internet ends someday ???

Not so much as "end" more so just not be the big mainstream that pop culture centers around.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/18 at 5:35 am

I never opened an Instagram account either.

What was Instagram for anyway? ???

Written By: Howard on 03/26/18 at 5:37 am

Forums and YouTube are the only social medias I use. I have an Instagram, Twitter and FB but I haven't posted anything in maybe 4-5 years.

I use them too.

Written By: 2001 on 03/26/18 at 8:30 am

I don't use the social media side of YouTube, that's way worse than Facebook lol.  8-P

Interesting. Maybe Facebook really is going down the same path as MySpace. I'd be interested to see if it would still be common to have in 2020.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/31/16957122/facebook-daily-active-user-decline-us-canda-q4-earnings-2018

Damn, and I bet it's going to drop even bigger for March 2018 :o

Written By: 2001 on 03/26/18 at 8:32 am

I unfollowed two people on Facebook today because all they talk about is political garbage. It wouldn't be offensive if they actually posted intelligent things but all they post is stupid brain cell killing memes  8-P

Facebook needs to start burying political posts by default, I think 90% of us are getting sick of it.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/26/18 at 9:57 am

I don't use the social media side of YouTube, that's way worse than Facebook lol.  8-P

Depends on what videos you watch.

Written By: annimal on 03/26/18 at 10:40 am

I just watch and or listen to stuff on You Tube

Written By: Slim95 on 03/26/18 at 11:07 am

YouTubr is my favourite social media site.

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/26/18 at 11:49 am

Damn, and I bet it's going to drop even bigger for March 2018 :o

IMDB forums started to go the way of youtube so they got rid of the boards altogether. I think Facebook should just shut down the comments on political and social posts.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/26/18 at 3:46 pm

If Facebook dies, I’m not sure how I’ll promote my blog. Or catch up with my friends.

But I’m mostly worried about the blog.  :D

Written By: mqg96 on 03/26/18 at 3:52 pm

People have been saying Facebook is dying dating back to 2013, and it still hasn't died yet and it's 5 years later. Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat have just become the more common big 3 for millennials and Gen Z. That's all. Facebook has changed it's audience over the years and more and more older folks have started to use it every year which has ruined it from its glory days. If anything, Facebook would die well before Twitter. Twitter hasn't declined at all, it's still at its peak, just like it was in 2012. Twitter is still the biggest social platform for celebrities, stars, companies and hashtags. Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram are no bigger than Twitter.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/26/18 at 3:56 pm

People have been saying Facebook is dying dating back to 2013, and it still hasn't died yet and it's 5 years later. Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat have just become the more common big 3 for millennials and Gen Z. That's all. Facebook has changed it's audience over the years and more and more older folks have started to use it every year which has ruined it from its glory days. If anything, Facebook would die well before Twitter. Twitter hasn't declined at all, it's still at its peak, just like it was in 2012. Twitter is still the biggest social platform for celebrities, stars, companies and hashtags. Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram are no bigger than Twitter.

I don't know, we will see.

One of the things I do like about Facebook is that older folks use it and I blend into their crowd way more. I am glad I can log on and not see millions of photos of teens taking pictures of themselves from different angles. I'd rather see old Sue's cake recipes or uncle Joe's cat pics than a bunch of kids hammered on my timeline lol.

Written By: 2001 on 03/26/18 at 6:48 pm

I don't know, we will see.

One of the things I do like about Facebook is that older folks use it and I blend into their crowd way more. I am glad I can log on and not see millions of photos of teens taking pictures of themselves from different angles. I'd rather see old Sue's cake recipes or uncle Joe's cat pics than a bunch of kids hammered on my timeline lol.

That's until old Sue gets into a fight with her niece about her new tattoos and starts drama. ;D

Older people argue the most on Facebook BY FAR. My neighbourhood's Facebook group is basically moms fighting over who's political conspiracy theories are more correct and how everyone else's is completely prespammersite.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/26/18 at 9:14 pm

Yep. I legit had a guy in my LSAT class tell me in 2012 that Facebook would die "soon." Like, he expected it to go at any moment.

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/26/18 at 10:46 pm

Facebook is too ingrained in our lives to die off. We use it to group up, to meet new people, to keep in touch with our friends. It's part of our lives. It's been a stable platform for social media for a decade. Other social media like Twitter, and such don't have the same scope as FB does. If FB does die, it will be a sad day, because right now, nothing exists that can replace every component of it. Myspace died off because Facebook came around and was better. At the moment, there's a dozen different apps but none are as all inclusive as FB. I don't care about FB's issues with privacy. I also don't want to lose a company that's pretty awesome in my book.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/27/18 at 12:00 am

Yep. I legit had a guy in my LSAT class tell me in 2012 that Facebook would die "soon." Like, he expected it to go at any moment.

I thought Facebook would die in 2013 or 2014.

Written By: Howard on 03/27/18 at 7:33 am

Depends on what videos you watch.

I basically listen to a lot of podcasts.

Written By: violet_shy on 03/27/18 at 8:54 pm

People on Facebook are so hilarious. Posting weird status updates. And like If you're one of those people who is like “oh women’s day should be every day, oh Valentine’s Day should be every day, oh Thanksgiving should be everyday”...Whatever Susan shut up and just accept the holiday sheesh.  ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/27/18 at 9:00 pm

People on Facebook are so hilarious. Posting weird status updates. And like If you're one of those people who is like “oh women’s day should be every day, oh Valentine’s Day should be every day, oh Thanksgiving should be everyday”...Whatever Susan shut up and just accept the holiday sheesh.  ;D

Or those who bash Father's Day because their fathers were absent.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/28/18 at 1:48 pm

Or those who bash Father's Day because their fathers were absent.

That reminds me of that one post I saw that said something like "For those of you whining about not having a valentine on Valentine's Day, some of us don't have a mother on Mother's Day or a father on Father's Day so STFU!"

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 2:34 pm

A lot of people want Facebook to die for some reason, but there isn't really a complete alternative, and ain't nobody using Google+.

Written By: 2001 on 03/31/18 at 2:48 pm

A lot of people want Facebook to die for some reason, but there isn't really a complete alternative, and ain't nobody using Google+.

Yep, and that's why now is the best time to buy Facebook shares ;D

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 2:56 pm

;D I only use Facebook to use Spotify and talk to my other friends. I don't use it as much as my parents.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/18 at 3:24 pm

I don't use Google Plus anymore.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 3:26 pm

I don't use Google Plus anymore.

I never really used, though I remember back in November 2013, they forced it on everyone with YouTube channels. Most people didn't like Google+ being connected to YouTube.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/18 at 4:04 pm

I never really used, though I remember back in November 2013, they forced it on everyone with YouTube channels. Most people didn't like Google+ being connected to YouTube.

and I kept getting replies from Google Plus almost all the time. ::)

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 4:05 pm

and I kept getting replies from Google Plus almost all the time. ::)

The thing I like about Google+ is that you can have multiple YouTube accounts on the same Google Account now.

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/31/18 at 5:56 pm

What's the verdict? Will FB cease to exist by the end of this year or next?
I don't want FB to die personally.

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/31/18 at 5:58 pm

Facebook is my main means of hearing what my friends and family are up to, communicating with same, and also I am a member of a bunch of groups, and some morons are wrecking it for those of us who do love the site. Instagram is self-indulgent and all about pictures. Snapchat is for teens. Twitter is annoying and has a very unappealing UI. FB for me is like the best conglomeration of all the things all these sites offer. I really, really, really hope it doesn't die anytime soon.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 6:01 pm

Facebook wouldn't really cease to exist. In fact, there are still a lot of people that are on Facebook compared to Myspace's demise back in 2008/2009. There is also no alternative to Facebook, unless you count Twitter. But even with Twitter's functions, it's not meant to bring families together compared to Facebook.

Written By: John Titor on 03/31/18 at 6:10 pm

Facebook is done by Aug

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 6:16 pm

People use Google+ I've been using it actively since 2014 but left this year.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 6:18 pm

People use Google+ I've been using it actively since 2014 but left this year.

I guess it has it's niche, like anything else does, but it's no where near as popular as Facebook is.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 6:19 pm

I guess it has it's niche, like anything else does, but it's no where near as popular as Facebook is.

There's over a million users on Google+ and it is popular it isn't talked about much and people don't bother to use it.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 6:21 pm

There's over a million users on Google+ and it is popular it isn't talked about much and people don't bother to use it.

People don't seem to use it that much since it's connected towards our YouTube channels.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 6:22 pm

People don't seem to use it that much since it's connected towards our YouTube channels.

That doesn't happen anymore.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 6:25 pm

That doesn't happen anymore.

Still, you could access it through your YouTube channel if you wanted to change your profile pic.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 6:26 pm

Still, you could access it through your YouTube channel if you wanted to change your profile pic.

No,if you wanted to access it now you have to put your Google+ link in the description. Other than that your Google+ profile isn't attached to your YouTube account.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 6:30 pm

That's mostly because it was forced on everyone who wanted to continue using their YouTube accounts after a certain point.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 6:34 pm

That's mostly because it was forced on everyone who wanted to continue using their YouTube accounts after a certain point.

Yeah, they were forced towards everybody who used YouTube back in 2013. You couldn't do anything on YouTube without having a Google+ account back then. Of course they stopped integrating their crap with YouTube by 2015, which was a relief because I hated their service.

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/31/18 at 6:34 pm

So facebook will be gone by August. Thanks again my fellow Millenials! Great job cutting off your nose (and millions of others who don't GIVE A CRAP about the privacy crap) to spite your own face.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 6:35 pm

How is it forced? It only showed the comments you've made in other YouTube videos (when Google+ was connected to YouTube) I can list the reasons why some people use Google+.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 6:43 pm

How is it forced? It only showed the comments you've made in other YouTube videos (when Google+ was connected to YouTube) I can list the reasons why some people use Google+.

It's forced because you can't use a YouTube channel without Google+. Your YouTube account is contained within a Google Account. This wasn't the case in YouTube's earlier years.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 6:44 pm

It's forced because you can't use a YouTube channel without Google+. Your YouTube account is contained within a Google Account. This wasn't the case in YouTube's earlier years.

And that isn't the case now.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 6:48 pm

And that isn't the case now.

That IS the case. You have to sign in through Google to use your YouTube account.

Here's a snapshot of the YouTube sign in page back in the day. You could sign in with your YouTube username.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WZAVrZzORFM/WZ10AZs7jNI/AAAAAAAAAEE/svWf9FyGZtYeDx6xRErJ9pcSMKU0kQ-YwCLcBGAs/s1600/youtube-sign-in-page-youtube-login.png

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 6:51 pm

That IS the case. You have to sign in through Google to use your YouTube account.

Here's a snapshot of the YouTube sign in page back in the day. You could sign in with your YouTube username.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3616/3454267301_aa57b9e104.jpg

I never said it wasn't the case I'm saying that needing a Google+ account to get a YouTube account ISN'T the case now.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 6:52 pm

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4025/4259190179_d32035fe99.jpg

It used to be more simple back then. Now you have to enter your Gmail address and then your password separately.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 6:53 pm

It used to be more simple back then. Now you have to enter your Gmail address and then your password separately.

That's the case I'm saying that needing a Google+ account isn't now.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 7:01 pm

I never said it wasn't the case I'm saying that needing a Google+ account to get a YouTube account ISN'T the case now.

All I was saying is most of Google+ users were forced to join with YouTube. You can't comment on a video without Google linked to your YouTube account. I'm aware Google Accounts, Gmail, and Google+ are three different things. YouTube accounts that have been used in the past few years are completely linked with Google accounts. I don't think you realize how far Google is integrated into YouTube because you probably made your account recently. I made my first account in March 2012.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 7:03 pm

All I was saying is most of Google+ users were forced to join with YouTube. You can't comment on a video without Google linked to your YouTube account. I'm aware Google Accounts, Gmail, and Google+ are three different things. YouTube accounts that have been used in the past few years are completely linked with Google accounts. I don't think you realize how far Google is integrated into YouTube because you probably made your account recently. I made my first account in March 2012.

I've been using youtube since mostly 2012 :/
And i do realize how much Google has been apart of YouTube what I'm saying is that the whole "Being Forced to used Google+" thing is over

Written By: 2001 on 03/31/18 at 7:18 pm

Facebook is done by Aug

Things are ripe for change but there needs to be an alternative. If there's no alternative then it's not happening. And where are people gonna go if they're concerned about their privacy? Google? Lmao.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 7:21 pm

I've been using youtube since mostly 2012 :/
And i do realize how much Google has been apart of YouTube what I'm saying is that the whole "Being Forced to used Google+" thing is over

Oh okay, I saw your channel in the comment section of "Real 2000s kids" I checked your channel and it said you joined in 2015, I assumed that was your first account. Also, that CG71 CG71 guy you were responding to is SeaCaptainMan97.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 7:23 pm

Things are ripe for change but there needs to be an alternative. If there's no alternative then it's not happening. And where are people gonna go if they're concerned about their privacy? Google? Lmao.

There wouldn't be an alternative for Facebook, so I doubt Facebook would be gone by August. Unless the staff team doesn't really care and decides to delete over a billion accounts worldwide with having no one finding a decent alternative.

Written By: Wobo on 03/31/18 at 7:24 pm

Oh okay, I saw your channel in the comment section of "Real 2000s kids" I checked your channel and it said you joined in 2015, I assumed that was your first account. Also, that CG71 CG71 guy you were responding to is SeaCaptainMan97.

Oh i didn't know.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/31/18 at 10:48 pm

Stop trying to make #DeleteFacebook happen. It's not going to happen.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/18 at 7:45 am

Facebook is done by Aug

Is that a fact? ???

Written By: Howard on 04/01/18 at 7:47 am

You had no choice.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/18 at 7:49 am

just about with almost every sign-in you need an email address.

Check for new replies or respond here...