inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Early 2010s Hip Hop

Written By: Wobo on 03/25/18 at 6:13 pm

What do you guys think about Early 10's Hip Hop? Respectively 2010-2013
I think it's better than most Hip Hop songs today but they're both equally good.
-LHdiKzAs6k

50GVPFj66CY

BoEKWtgJQAU

S8gfqs1-NuE

Wa5B22KAkEk

UePtoxDhJSw

skhxizRYxps

pn1VGytzXus

7Dqgr0wNyPo

fLCf-URqIf0

anRkutaPS9w

Subject: Re: Early 2010s Hip Hop

Written By: Wobo on 03/25/18 at 6:31 pm

8UoDygYNXzg

GF8aaTu2kg0

sBvngg87998

Written By: J. Rob on 03/25/18 at 6:51 pm

Mainstream? Meh

But in the "underground" (really more like midstream/internet buzz tier) it was fun watching guys like J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Wiz, Wale, B.o.B, Joey Badass, Logic, Mac Miller, Tyler, Big KRIT, etc....rise from the hip hop blogs/forums to where they are today.

Written By: Dundee on 03/25/18 at 6:54 pm

Black and Yellow is such a silly pop kitsh of 2010 ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/25/18 at 6:58 pm

Mainstream? Meh

But in the "underground" (really more like midstream/internet buzz tier) it was fun watching guys like J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Wiz, Wale, B.o.B, Joey Badass, Logic, Mac Miller, Tyler, Big KRIT, etc....rise from the hip hop blogs/forums to where they are today.

I agree!

Written By: Wobo on 03/25/18 at 6:59 pm

Black and Yellow is such a silly pop kitsh of 2010 ;D

I remember when it was popular my brother got mad at me for singing it wrong one time lol.

Written By: Wobo on 03/25/18 at 7:00 pm

Mainstream? Meh

IMO Early 2010s was probably the last time hip hop was good before.

Mumble Rap  8-P

Written By: Dundee on 03/25/18 at 7:41 pm

The post-crunk pre-trap era for mainstream hip hop was kind of awkward. It was stuck between rappers doing many pop featurings, getting "pop rap" and very repetitive in their songs in order to appeal as much as possible or simply copying styles of major influencers like Eminem and Kanye West. There was also a lot of tries at incorporating styles like hyphy and hip house into their singles. Then you also had whatever Nicki Minaj was doing:

T6j4f8cHBIM

It's not the best era for rap, but it sure is fairly interesting

Written By: BornIn86 on 03/25/18 at 7:49 pm

nOl_POTeWDo

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/25/18 at 7:50 pm

This is my favorite early 2010's hip-hop song:
pmEk0ZMhva4

Written By: Wobo on 03/25/18 at 7:56 pm

This is my favorite early 2010's hip-hop song:
pmEk0ZMhva4

My older brother was listening to that song 2 months ago.
It's pretty awesome and little bit nostalgic.

Written By: ofkx on 04/02/18 at 12:04 pm

Early 2010s hip hop sounded the same as the 2000s until 2011ish.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/02/18 at 12:07 pm

Early 2010s hip hop sounded the same as the 2000s until 2011ish.

I always thought that "All I Do Is Win" by DJ Khaled came out in like 2008. I was surprised to find out it was released in 2010.  :o

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/02/18 at 1:24 pm

I just came here to say that auto tune/cell phone rap of the late 00s and early 10s was so much worse than the trap and mumble rap y’all complain about nowadays.

Written By: Looney Toon on 04/02/18 at 5:59 pm

I was mainly into just lofi hip hop and chillhop.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/02/18 at 6:07 pm

Early 2010's hip hop lasted from 2009-2011. 2012 was the transition year into the trap era we're in today. Early 2010's hip hop was the best era since the early 2000's era of hip hop before snap/crunk took over. The last great era of hip hop up to date IMO. Besides the obvious artists, Eminem made a comeback around this time with his 2010 album "Recovery" and Wiz Khalifa entered the hip hop world with his "Rolling Papers" album. Drake started getting popular around this time too.

Written By: Wobo on 04/02/18 at 6:33 pm

Early 2010's hip hop lasted from 2009-2011. 2012 was the transition year into the trap era we're in today. Early 2010's hip hop was the best era since the early 2000's era of hip hop before snap/crunk took over. The last great era of hip hop up to date IMO. Besides the obvious artists, Eminem made a comeback around this time with his 2010 album "Recovery" and Wiz Khalifa entered the hip hop world with his "Rolling Papers" album. Drake started getting popular around this time too.

I still consider 2012-2013 early 2010s hip hop numerically.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/02/18 at 6:35 pm

I feel as if hip-hop from 2015 and earlier sounds very different from now. Even if 2012 may have brought us into the trap era, the hip-hop from then still sounds very different.

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/02/18 at 6:42 pm

Easily in my top favorite eras.

Big Sean ft. Kanye West - Marvin Gaye and Chardonnay for the wind.

The early 2010s has what I like in bangers.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/04/18 at 10:49 pm

Cheesy and bad. This was considered Hip Hop then:

UhQz-0QVmQ0

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 1:12 am

Cheesy and bad. This was considered Hip Hop then:

UhQz-0QVmQ0

Better than hip hop now.
Especially better than mumble rap.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/18 at 1:46 am

Better than hip hop now.
Especially better than mumble rap.

Yeah I can agree with that. Even though I hated music back then with part of the reason being the lack of Hip Hop, at least the rare Hip Hop that came out had coherent words to them unlike the Hip Hop (if you can even call it that) that comes out now that just sounds like noise and you can't understand a thing they're saying. Also I really did like Eminem's Recovery era. And Hopsin was really good and blowing up back then too.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 1:55 am

Yeah I can agree with that. Even though I hated music back then with part of the reason being the lack of Hip Hop, at least the rare Hip Hop that came out had coherent words to them unlike the Hip Hop (if you can even call it that) that comes out now that just sounds like noise and you can't understand a thing they're saying. Also I really did like Eminem's Recovery era. And Hopsin was really good and blowing up back then too.

There was a lot of hip hop in the early 2010s.  Also yep that's why I hate mumble rap.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/18 at 1:59 am

There was a lot of hip hop in the early 2010s.

Not as much as today in the mainstream. I remember threads on here in 2012 titled "Is Rap Dead?" many times because on the radio electronic dance pop took over but today for example, trap rap takes over and in the 2000s it was majority rap as well.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 2:05 am

Not as much as today in the mainstream. I remember threads on here in 2012 titled "Is Rap Dead?" many times because on the radio electronic dance pop took over but today for example, trap rap takes over and in the 2000s it was majority rap as well.

I guess that's true,I just hope mumble rap dies.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/18 at 2:07 am

I guess that's true,I just hope mumble rap dies.

Me too

Written By: J. Rob on 04/05/18 at 4:52 am

I just came here to say that auto tune/cell phone rap of the late 00s and early 10s was so much worse than the trap and mumble rap y’all complain about nowadays.

A lot of the people here are 25 and under and nostalgia won't allow them to agree with this. 2003 to 2008 was the worst era Hip Hop has ever seen IMO.....I say that as someone who can remember just about everything since 1990. And no, the legends who emerged during that time DID NOT ease the pain....they were simply execptions to the rule. I was an adult the entire time and have no fuzzy memories to blind me from seeing this.

I'll take 2013-2018 over 2003-2008 in all day everyday

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/05/18 at 5:04 am

Whoever “Shorty” is must see lots of action. In the early 10’s nearly every hip hop song was an ode to “Shorty”.  ::)

Written By: Longaotian00 on 04/05/18 at 5:34 am

A lot of the people here are 25 and under and nostalgia won't allow them to agree with this. 2003 to 2008 was the worst era Hip Hop has ever seen IMO.....I say that as someone who can remember just about everything since 1990. And no, the legends who emerged during that time DID NOT ease the pain....they were simply execptions to the rule. I was an adult the entire time and have no fuzzy memories to blind me from seeing this.

Don't you mean 2005-2008? 2003 and maybe 04 still had good Hip Hop

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/05/18 at 9:13 am

Don't you mean 2005-2008? 2003 and maybe 04 still had good Hip Hop

You say that, but by that time The Eminem Show (then considered a pretty mediocre album by him - boy, if only we knew then), and 50 Cent and The Game were emerging. That was the beginning of the end for sure.

I actually think the '10s have been sort of a renaissance for rap and hip-hop. I love Tyler, the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt, and the rest of the Odd Future crew. Nicki Minaj can be annoying but overall is rather good.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 10:10 am

I feel as if hip-hop from 2015 and earlier sounds very different from now. Even if 2012 may have brought us into the trap era, the hip-hop from then still sounds very different.

This is true, it was a transitional period before more trap hip hop artists like Migos (group), Panda, Lil Yachty and Fetty Wap started coming on the rise. Future, Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka Flame started the whole trap music trend (what most people think of trap) in late 2011/2012, while Young Thug started the mumbling rap part of it in 2013. Rick Ross and Young Jeezy were the original REAL trap artists from the 2000's when trap was actually good, but I blame Future and Young Thug for ruining trap and making people feel like "all trap is mumbling with annoying sounds" when that wasn't originally true. Katy Perry ft. Juicy J "Dark Horse" is a perfect example of a good song with trap music in the background.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 10:12 am

So you're saying that all those trap/mumble rappers are better than 50 Cent and Outkast.... okay.

Written By: unicornic on 04/05/18 at 10:27 am

So you're saying that all those trap/mumble rappers are better than 50 Cent and Outkast.... okay.

He can have his own opinion if he wants

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 10:36 am

He can have his own opinion if he wants

Don't try to be Mr. or Mrs. Obvious on here. That's a pet peeve of mine. He's the only one I wanted to get a response from, not you. Once again, you don't make the rules on here.

Written By: unicornic on 04/05/18 at 10:43 am

Don't try to be Mr. or Mrs. Obvious on here. That's a pet peeve of mine. He's the only one I wanted to get a response from, not you. Once again, you don't make the rules on here.

No he’s allowed to have his own opinion and it’s not weird or strange  that he thinks today’s hip hop is better than OutKast or whatever. If he thinks today’s hip hop is better than OutKast or 50 cent that’s ok. Don’t know what your problem is lol

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 10:48 am

No he’s allowed to have his own opinion and it’s not weird or strange  that he thinks today’s hip hop is better than OutKast or whatever. If he thinks today’s hip hop is better than OutKast or 50 cent that’s ok. Don’t know what your problem is lol

I had no problem until you jumped in the conversation. Stop taking things too seriously. People are gonna always have their opinions on here when it comes to any discussion, and sometimes those opinions turn into fun debates, and I've been on this site for 3 years now to understand this. You just got on here recently, so please, don't jump in the conversation and bring something up that's so obvious. It takes the fun out of it. You're trying to stop someone from having a conversation with somebody and asking them questions. I can't stand this bad attitude of yours at the moment.

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/05/18 at 12:24 pm

For the people who say folks complain too much about music today, 2008-2009 was one of the worst eras for Hip-Hop. What I find funny is, even prior to that, people complained about the state of Hip-Hop in comparison to the 90s and 80s. For as long as I can remember people have complained about Hip-Hop, with special emphasis on Southern Hip-Hop. Talking about how Southern rap ruined the music and how New York rappers were superior or how Hip-Hop was too commercialized and materialistic. I sure didn't waste my time complaining about them complaining. I just enjoyed whatever music I wanted to listen to and kept it moving. I mean if people don't like the music, they don't like the music. Nothing you can do about it. I doubt you're going to change their minds.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 12:34 pm

For the people who say folks complain too much about music today, 2008-2009 was one of the worst eras for Hip-Hop. What I find funny is, even prior to that, people complained about the state of Hip-Hop in comparison to the 90s and 80s. For as long as I can remember people have complained about Hip-Hop, with special emphasis on Southern Hip-Hop. Talking about how Southern rap ruined the music and how New York rappers were superior or how Hip-Hop was too commercialized and materialistic. I sure didn't waste my time complaining about them complaining. I just enjoyed whatever music I wanted to listen to and kept it moving. I mean if people don't like the music, they don't like the music. Nothing you can do about it. I doubt you're going to change their minds.

I agree 2008-2009 was when hip hop started to get good but there were some good hip hop videos between those years.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 2:16 pm

Wholeheartedly agree with this analysis 100%. It's a generational cycle with everything. While crunk/snap of the mid to late 00's was bad too, I still believe trap rap (or mumble rap) is the worst of all. Snoop Dogg even complained about this back in 2014 taking a shot at mumble rappers, and Snoop Dogg has been featured in variety of hip hop styles from the early 90's to present. If you look at all the hip hop songs from the 80's through early 10's, all different variety of styles whether you like these or not, all of these have something in common, at least you know what the artists are saying in their lyrics, even if it's very slang, it's still real words and it has a meaning. Sometimes you must have a logical explanation for why you believe an era of something is better or worse than the other. Most people use their nostalgia goggles (I try hard not to). I missed out on 90's hip hop so no matter what's happened my whole life I never had the hip hop era perfect. There's a lot of modern pop culture out there that I believe is better than the previous culture, while some modern culture is worse than the previous. It all depends on everyone's preferences. BTW, in response to what you said about how people were complaining about southern rap. Trap (rap) music did originate in Atlanta, Georgia (the south), which is what the majority of the people complain about.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 2:21 pm

Wholeheartedly agree with this analysis 100%. It's a generational cycle with everything. While crunk/snap of the mid to late 00's was bad too, I still believe trap rap (or mumble rap) is the worst of all. Snoop Dogg even complained about this back in 2014 taking a shot at mumble rappers, and Snoop Dogg has been featured in variety of hip hop styles from the early 90's to present. If you look at all the hip hop songs from the 80's through early 10's, all different variety of styles whether you like these or not, all of these have something in common, at least you know what the artists are saying in their lyrics, even if it's very slang, it's still real words and it has a meaning. Sometimes you must have a logical explanation for why you believe an era of something is better or worse than the other. Most people use their nostalgia goggles (I try hard not to). I missed out on 90's hip hop so no matter what's happened my whole life I never had the hip hop era perfect. There's a lot of modern pop culture out there that I believe is better than the previous culture, while some modern culture is worse than the previous. It all depends on everyone's preferences. BTW, in response to what you said about how people were complaining about southern rap. Trap (rap) music did originate in Atlanta, Georgia (the south), which is what the majority of the people complain about.

I feel like I'm in the minority on this website when I say I like 2010's hip-hop and I really do. I like a lot of trap songs, whereas that seems to be the opposite for the majority of people on this website. I'm turning 16 in June so I pretty much spent and will spend nearly all my high school years in this decade, so it makes sense that I'd like the 2010's culture, but there's still a ton of people around my age on here online that complain about it.
When I listen to music, I hardly pay attention to the lyrics but rather the beat of the song. That might explain why I like trap rap.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 2:23 pm

I feel like I'm in the minority on this website when I say I like 2010's hip-hop and I really do. I like a lot of trap songs, whereas that seems to be the opposite for the majority of people on this website. I'm turning 16 in June so I pretty much spent and will spend nearly all my high school years in this decade, so it makes sense that I'd like the 2010's culture, but there's still a ton of people around my age on here online that complain about it.
When I listen to music, I hardly pay attention to the lyrics but rather the beat of the song. That might explain why I like trap rap.

You're not the only one I mostly like early 2010s hip hop. And hip hop from 2014 also

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 3:46 pm

You're absolutely fine. Trap (rap) music will always be apart of my generation as well as yours. People my age and older love it too. It gives anybody a cool party vibe, and some people love mumble rap just for the comedy of it. I loved Soulja Boy Crank That when I was in 6th grade, but everybody older than me hated it, but I'll always love it because it was catchy to me and the peers around my age who danced to it at the time. A lot of the trap artists originated from my hometown so that makes me feel somewhat better about it sometimes. One of the Migos guys is a fan of one of my sports teams as well as other artists who originated from the ATL. 

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 3:47 pm

You're absolutely fine. Trap (rap) music will always be apart of my generation as well as yours. People my age and older love it too. It gives anybody a cool party vibe, and some people love mumble rap just for the comedy of it. I loved Soulja Boy Crank That when I was in 6th grade, but everybody older than me hated it, but I'll always love it because it was catchy to me and the peers around my age who danced to it at the time. A lot of the trap artists originated from my hometown so that makes me feel somewhat better about it sometimes. One of the Migos guys is a fan of one of my sports teams as well as other artists who originated from the ATL.

Yep.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 3:48 pm

and we have Kendrick Lamar and Drake who are few of the diverse hip hop artists left out there.

very creative with the flow of their singing and rapping, BOTH are better than Lil Wayne honestly.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 3:49 pm

I know my sister born in late 1996 is definitely a huge fan of trap rap, while my brother born in late 1993 isn't really a huge fan of it and just prefers to listen to the current pop and EDM music.

And speaking of Soulja Boy, I hated that song as a 5-year-old and I still do.  ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 3:49 pm

and we have Kendrick Lamar and Drake who are few of the diverse hip hop artists left out there.

very creative with flow of their flow of singing and rapping, BOTH are better than Lil Wayne honestly.

I agree 100000%. Drake and Kendrick Lamar are literally my two most favorite rappers. ;D

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 3:51 pm

very creative with the flow of their singing and rapping, BOTH are better than Lil Wayne honestly.

Not just Drake and Kendrick. Logic and Joyner Lucas.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 3:53 pm

I agree 100000%. Drake and Kendrick Lamar are literally my two most favorite rappers. ;D

Not just Drake and Kendrick. Logic and Joyner Lucas.

Oh, and what do y'all 2 think of Cardi B?

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 3:53 pm

I know my sister born in late 1996 is definitely a huge fan of trap rap, while my brother born in late 1993 isn't really a huge fan of it and just prefers to listen to the current pop and EDM music.

And speaking of Soulja Boy, I hated that song as a 5-year-old and I still do.  ;D

My brother listen to hip hop of today. He was 10 when Souja Boy Crank That came out while  I was only 3 so I didn't care lol but I possibly could've heard the song when i was only 3 since it was popular.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 3:54 pm

She's pretty good. I like Bodak Yellow and especially her parts in MotorSport.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 3:56 pm

She's meh i rarely listen to her anyway. The only song I liked that she was featured in was Motor Sport her lyrics was catchy "So tell me, have you seen her? Let me wrap my weave up I'm the trap Selena"  ;D

Written By: ofkx on 04/05/18 at 4:14 pm

Cardi B is a huge improvement over Nicki Minaj IMO.

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/05/18 at 4:32 pm

Also J.Cole & Joey Badass. I started hating Lol Wayne during the Lollipop era.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 4:36 pm

I was never the biggest fan of Nicki either, especially throughout the early 10's. I'm gonna be honest about Nicki, despite her voice being annoying at times, I feel like her singing and rapping have always been talented. TBH it's her music videos and theme that are way more controversial than her talent (BOOTY ANACONDA STUPID H*E). She's gotten better as years gone on. I can't judge or compare Cardi B yet until she comes out with more songs over the next couple of years.

Guess who killed this music video with her verse?

iGk5fR-t5AU

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 4:44 pm

Also J.Cole & Joey Badass. I started hating Lol Wayne during the Lollipop era.

I can't believe I forgot to mention J. Cole. He's also been one of my favorites over the last year or so. Lil Wayne was mediocre during his prime in the 00's and he's still mediocre with his few songs throughout this decade here and there. My opinion on him won't ever change no matter how much time goes by. Looking at your avatar and banner, we'll never know how hip hop would have turned out had Aaliyah, Lisa Hopes, Tupac, and Biggie had made it into this era today. When it comes to female hip hop/R&B artists the first 2 were HUGE losses.

Written By: xenzue on 04/05/18 at 7:16 pm

I'm confused as to why people think this. Nicki might have released some cheap poppy/pseudo-hiphop singles, but she's also penned some of Hip Hop's most iconic verses, most notably her verse on Monster by Kanye West. I used to dismiss her until I listed to her PlayTime Is Over mixtape. Her cover of Warning would make Biggie proud.

I personally couldn't get into Cardi B's mixtape, although Red Barz was damn good. If Cardi B wants to take Nicki's place, she's going to have to step her game up several levels.

Anyways when it comes to female hip hop, the real gold is in underrated artists: Cupcakke, Rapsody, Dreezy, and Megan Thee Stallion to name a few.

Written By: J. Rob on 04/05/18 at 7:23 pm

You know I didn't say that. Crunk, snap, ringtone and early trap dominated the mid 2000s and most of it was hot garbage.

At least in the 2010s streaming is giving exposure to non-conforming artists who would've been ignore by labels 10 to 15 years ago (Kendrick, Cole, Chance, Joey Badass, Vince Staples, Wale, Tyler,  etc...)

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/05/18 at 8:24 pm

Your parents let you listen to that song at 5 years old?

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 8:34 pm

I mean, it's not like they cared a lot since I was 5 and probably wouldn't understand it. And the song was played everywhere that year so I'd still most likely hear it anyway. ;D

Written By: ofkx on 04/05/18 at 8:41 pm

It’s not really an explicit song  ???.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 8:44 pm

I can't believe I forgot to mention J. Cole. He's also been one of my favorites over the last year or so. Lil Wayne was mediocre during his prime in the 00's and he's still mediocre with his few songs throughout this decade here and there. My opinion on him won't ever change no matter how much time goes by. Looking at your avatar and banner, we'll never know how hip hop would have turned out had Aaliyah, Lisa Hopes, Tupac, and Biggie had made it into this era today. When it comes to female hip hop/R&B artists the first 2 were HUGE losses.

I love J. Cole. His song "Neighbors" is one of my favorites from him.

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/05/18 at 9:10 pm

They probably had no idea what he was talking about  ;D

It’s not really an explicit song  ???.

There are parts that are very explicit.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 9:23 pm

"Who Let the Dogs Out" - Baha Men and "Crank That" - Soulja Boy were very similar for its own time periods. Both were overplayed everywhere you went and both were dances that appealed to the middle school audience let's say, but at the same time all kids in elementary school loved it as well and would dance every time it came on.

Written By: Wobo on 04/06/18 at 5:02 pm

"Who Let the Dogs Out" - Baha Men and "Crank That" - Soulja Boy were very similar for its own time periods. Both were overplayed everywhere you went and both were dances that appealed to the middle school audience let's say, but at the same time all kids in elementary school loved it as well and would dance every time it came on.

Talking about 2000s songs my brother told me today that 2000s music was real music he's a 1997 born.

Written By: unicornic on 04/06/18 at 5:20 pm

Early 2010s hip hop was good in my opinion and it was when Drake was a brand new artist yet had plenty of successful songs like he does today. My favourite is find your love

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/16/18 at 4:27 pm

When I think of Ealry 10s hip-hop I think of the Young Money crew like Lil Wayne, Drake and Nikki Minaj. Those 3 artist pretty much dominated hip-hop in the early 10s. Other artist that were big in that era is Waka Flocka Flame, Gucci Manie, J.Cole, Lil Twist, NewBoyz, Big Sean, Wiz Klafhia, Wale, etc. The Early 10s had Trap music but it's was less mumbling and more aggressive where as the mid-late 10s is melodic and turn-up. 

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/16/18 at 4:41 pm

When I think of Ealry 10s hip-hop I think of the Young Money crew like Lil Wayne, Drake and Nikki Minaj. Those 3 artist pretty much dominated hip-hop in the early 10s. Other artist that were big in that era is Waka Flocka Flame, Gucci Manie, J.Cole, Lil Twist, NewBoyz, Big Sean, Wiz Klafhia, Wale, etc. The Early 10s had Trap music but it's was less mumbling and more aggressive where as the mid-late 10s is melodic and turn-up.

I'm actually starting to see that Young Money did mark the beginning of that era. It all started from Bed Rock. You even had veterans constantly signing to the label back than like as if they wanted to be apart of it.

Check for new replies or respond here...