inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Two new Shawn Mendes songs

Written By: 2001 on 03/27/18 at 12:10 pm

I think the only thing that can top God's Plan on the charts is another Torontonian singer because we have a monopoly on talenT. I present to you Shawn Mendes' two latest masterpieces Lost In Japan and In My Blood, and they're ready good!

ycy30LIbq4w
IlkBLwl4aBM

I LOVE the funky beats in Lost in Japan. It's going to get a lot of play from me when I head to Japan for the summer (/not-so-stealth-brag) :D

I'm a bit mixed on In My Blood. While it has the Canadian post-grunge chorus, a genre we've all been longing for to make a comeback, he just repeats the same line throughout.  ???

Thoughts?

Subject: Re: Two new Shawn Mendes songs

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/27/18 at 1:24 pm

I like both but I really like the first one. 2018 may become my favorite year for music this decade. :D

Written By: Dundee on 03/27/18 at 3:15 pm

I really dislike Shawn Mendes, especially after his abysmal 'Treat You Better'. But those songs sound remarkably good for him.

Also please no Post-Grunge comeback

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/27/18 at 5:27 pm

Thank goodness for Shawn Mendes. Otherwise the Canadian airwaves would be Celine Dion and Alanis Morrissette 24/7.  :P

Written By: #Infinity on 03/27/18 at 8:42 pm

Shawn Mendes has a lot of really good songs honestly, even though "Treat You Better" I enjoy primarily on an ironic level. These two, however, are legitimate quality tunes and definitely among the better singles of 2018 so far. They're distinct from each other, yet both are quite nice.

Written By: 2001 on 03/27/18 at 9:11 pm

I really dislike Shawn Mendes, especially after his abysmal 'Treat You Better'. But those songs sound remarkably good for him.

Also please no Post-Grunge comeback

Uh oh the MRAs/alt-righters/Incels/Gamergaters are going to sic you for going after their anthem :o Just kidding lol I didn't like the song very much either.

You're telling me you didn't like Nickelback?

I like both but I really like the first one. 2018 may become my favorite year for music this decade. :D

I agree! :D

Thank goodness for Shawn Mendes. Otherwise the Canadian airwaves would be Celine Dion and Alanis Morrissette 24/7.  :P

And on the 8th day there was Shania Twain.

Shawn Mendes has a lot of really good songs honestly, even though "Treat You Better" I enjoy primarily on an ironic level. These two, however, are legitimate quality tunes and definitely among the better singles of 2018 so far. They're distinct from each other, yet both are quite nice.

I agree, he has a lot of decent songs. "There's Nothing Holding Me Back" is one of my favourite 2017 songs. Hopefully this song gets to the top :D

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/27/18 at 9:18 pm

Wow, I really like the "Lost in Japan" song. I'm already about it add it to my music playlist. ;D

The second song is OK.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/27/18 at 10:24 pm

These songs are decent http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/ehh3.png.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 03/28/18 at 5:02 am

My sister is obsessed with Shawn Mendes, and has already shown me these two songs, I don't think Lost In Japan is bad, sounds similar to some things I listen to.

Not a fan of In The Blood though.

Check for new replies or respond here...