inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Everybody seems shocked when I tell them I'm almost 31

Written By: Brian06 on 03/27/18 at 11:38 pm

I started this new job and all these people (in their early 20s), asked my age and I'm like "oh I turn 31 in a few months" and I get all these weird faces and WTF looks and "31 no way?" "You look 23!" I posted about this last year but I got it again recently and it's just weird how freaked out they get when I say I'm almost 31. I never got these shocked reactions at my age until at least my very late 20s and especially now after 30. In one way I'm complimented but in another way I'm thinking "this means they think of 31 as kinda old"  ;D I do think late teens early 20s especially people start looking at you differently and stuff after 30, idk how to explain it exactly but the reactions start getting weird. It's like you can tell they're a bit intimidated by you because you're in your 30s.

Subject: Re: Everybody seems shocked when I tell them I'm almost 31

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/28/18 at 9:37 am

Back in the 60's we used to say that you can't trust anyone over 30.  The I turned 30, so I used to say that I couldn't trust myself any more  ;)

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 03/28/18 at 9:47 am

Ironically, someone thought that I was born in 1988 just several months ago.

However, I usually get guessed as being 23-24 (born in around 1993-94).

I was born in 1999.

I don't think I look that old, to be honest.

Written By: Dundee on 03/28/18 at 9:52 am

Ironically, someone thought that I was born in 1988 just several months ago.

However, I usually get guessed as being 23-24 (born in around 1993-94).

I was born in 1999.

I don't think I look that old, to be honest.
I have the opposite problem, I look somewhat younger than I really am. It shocks people for some reason when I tell them I'm in my 20s while they tought I was like 15-16 :-\\

Written By: 2001 on 03/28/18 at 9:58 am

I used to get confused for being an early-mid teenager not too long ago. But I grew a beard, got buff, and dress sharper, now I think I look firmly early 20s.

But yeah I imagine the young 'uns would treat you differently if they thought you were in your early 20s but later found out you were 30 :o

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/28/18 at 10:10 am

Can't imagine the reactions I'll get from people when I then 30.

Written By: bchris02 on 03/28/18 at 12:55 pm

I started this new job and all these people (in their early 20s), asked my age and I'm like "oh I turn 31 in a few months" and I get all these weird faces and WTF looks and "31 no way?" "You look 23!" I posted about this last year but I got it again recently and it's just weird how freaked out they get when I say I'm almost 31. I never got these shocked reactions at my age until at least my very late 20s and especially now after 30. In one way I'm complimented but in another way I'm thinking "this means they think of 31 as kinda old"  ;D I do think late teens early 20s especially people start looking at you differently and stuff after 30, idk how to explain it exactly but the reactions start getting weird. It's like you can tell they're a bit intimidated by you because you're in your 30s.

At 32, I'm finding myself more and more out of touch with the under 25 crowd.  Just a couple of years ago my entire social life consisted of house parties with mostly college-aged people and I still felt like one of them.  If I went back today I would not.

And yeah, I still look in my twenties.  I could say I was 26 and fit right in with that crowd, until I showed somebody my drivers license.

Written By: duenas8 on 03/28/18 at 2:07 pm

I had the same story with a friend, whose 31 as well, actually when I knew he was in his 30s I had the same reaction.

Look younger at 20, sometimes is problematic bc you look like a teenager and you want to do adult stuff. But look younger at 30-40 has more benefits

Written By: Howard on 03/28/18 at 2:46 pm

some people think I'm in my late 20's or 30's but when I tell them I'm 44 years old, they're flabbergasted, I have good genes.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/28/18 at 3:17 pm

Pics?

Written By: 2001 on 03/28/18 at 3:27 pm

Pics?

How old do I look?

https://i.imgur.com/PnCki.gif

Written By: Howard on 03/28/18 at 3:31 pm

Pics?

The pic is my signature.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/28/18 at 3:44 pm

How old do I look?

https://i.imgur.com/PnCki.gif

https://i1.wp.com/travelballparents.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Travel-Ball-Parents-I-am-12.jpg?resize=480%2C445&ssl=1

Seems legit http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/datazzsmall.png.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/28/18 at 3:45 pm

The pic is my signature.

Not you Howard http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/snoop.png.

Check for new replies or respond here...