inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anybody else love the channel “Investigation Discovery”?

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 6:49 pm

It’s all true crime stories, I love it. I actually don’t have cable currently but their Roku still offers a decent amount of the programming for free. One series “Forbidden: Dying for Love” is especially good. I just can’t get enough of this stuff.  :D

Subject: Re: Anybody else love the channel “Investigation Discovery”?

Written By: Wobo on 03/30/18 at 6:52 pm

My mom watches it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/30/18 at 7:15 pm

Too much talk of violence. They once ran a show about a girl about my age, just down the street from where I live, who was murdered many years ago.

For some reason it seemed to me to "not be right" that the network was making money over her murder.

Never felt that way about that sort of show until that episode ran.  :-\\

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 7:25 pm

Too much talk of violence. They once ran a show about a girl about my age, just down the street from where I live, who was murdered many years ago.

For some reason it seemed to me to "not be right" that the network was making money over her murder.

Never felt that way about that sort of show until that episode ran.  :-\\

It is violent but I do find hearing all these stories about the disgusting things humans can do interesting. It makes me think about things like mental illness, violence in American society in general, and especially the flaws of humans in general. A lot of the stories do make me ponder “why? and how?” people are driven to do such horrible things.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 9:08 pm

My mother and stepfather watch this channel everyday. It's decent and so on but I'm just tired of it TBH.

I don't know how they can watch shows about murders and solving murders EVERYDAY. To me, it's boring and too depressing.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 03/30/18 at 9:13 pm

Yes.
True crime intrigues me, in general. The dark side of humanity. The multiple variables that lead to senseless acts of violence, like serial killings and mass shootings and terrorism.
Mental illness, jealousy, hatred, etc. Every living man is capable of violence, but some are more susceptible than others.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/30/18 at 9:57 pm

I definitely heard of that show. My parents love that show. I remember waking up with the "Investigation Discovery" voice because my dad would always turn on that show in the morning. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 10:04 pm

I definitely heard of that show. My parents love that show. I remember waking up with the "Investigation Discovery" voice because my dad would always turn on that show in the morning. ;D

It's a channel not a show :P.

Written By: Brian06 on 03/30/18 at 10:08 pm

It's a channel not a show :P.

I did mention a show from that channel too in the post. Possibly they could have been specifically referring to that show but idk.

Written By: KatanaChick on 03/31/18 at 7:44 am

It is violent but I do find hearing all these stories about the disgusting things humans can do interesting. It makes me think about things like mental illness, violence in American society in general, and especially the flaws of humans in general. A lot of the stories do make me ponder “why? and how?” people are driven to do such horrible things.

Especially the backstory about such people. Psychology plays a huge role in it and you can't help but want to know what went through their mind leading up to what they did and why did this person turn out that way?

My favorite ones are the Joe Kenda episodes where he tells his stories.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/31/18 at 10:20 am

I thought it sounded fascinating until it was about murder mysteries. I wish they had some paradox scenarios in there.

Written By: fusefan on 03/31/18 at 1:21 pm

I love that channel! I'm a sucker for true crime stuff!  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...