inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: High chance of Malcolm in the Middle & That 70's show coming back to FOx

Written By: John Titor on 03/31/18 at 4:53 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/29/last-man-standing-tim-allen-reboot-fox-rosanne/

Subject: Re: Malcolm in the Middle & That 70's show coming back to FOx

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 4:56 pm

Malcolm in the Middle was a good show. I'll make sure to watch it again on FOX!  :D

Written By: John Titor on 03/31/18 at 4:58 pm

Malcolm in the Middle was a good show. I'll make sure to watch it again on FOX!  :D

We have been waiting for almost 12 years for this

Written By: John Titor on 03/31/18 at 4:59 pm

Last man standing is coming back as well but who cares....

MALCOLM !

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 5:01 pm

Okay. That sounds good, since the shows were off Netflix since October.

I used to watch it a lot when I was 9 on FX.

Written By: John Titor on 03/31/18 at 5:04 pm

Looks like our 2000s are coming back

TRL
Malcolm
That 70s show

whats next Myspace?

Written By: Dr. Mario on 03/31/18 at 5:05 pm

Okay. That sounds good, since the shows were off Netflix since October.

I used to watch it a lot when I was 9 on FX.

I used to watch it on FOX45 back when I only had Satellite TV.

Written By: 2001 on 03/31/18 at 5:11 pm

That '70s Show was awful but I'd be glad  if Malcolm came back. My worry is that without the original cast it might not be so good.

Looks like our 2000s are coming back

TRL
Malcolm
That 70s show

whats next Myspace?

Ermm, isn't it still a rumour? Let's not get too excited lol.

Written By: John Titor on 03/31/18 at 5:19 pm

That '70s Show was awful but I'd be glad  if Malcolm came back. My worry is that without the original cast it might not be so good.

Ermm, isn't it still a rumour? Let's not get too excited lol.

its not a rumor its on Foxs list of things to reboot

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/31/18 at 5:54 pm

The article doesn't say "That 70s Show" and "Malcolm In the Middle" are coming back, it says Fox is CONSIDERING  bringing them back.

"That 70s Show" was a good show and I still enjoy it in reruns. Especially in the early seasons it was a reasonably accurate depiction of the late 70s (it was never about the early 70s). For example, if somebody was seen reading a magazine it was often an ACTUAL magazine from the era. Maybe they got them on Ebay or something. "Malcolm In The Middle" on the other hand, was utterly unwatchable.

Written By: John Titor on 03/31/18 at 6:12 pm

The article doesn't say "That 70s Show" and "Malcolm In the Middle" are coming back, it says Fox is CONSIDERING  bringing them back.

"That 70s Show" was a good show and I still enjoy it in reruns. Especially in the early seasons it was a reasonably accurate depiction of the late 70s (it was never about the early 70s). For example, if somebody was seen reading a magazine it was often an ACTUAL magazine from the era. Maybe they got them on Ebay or something. "Malcolm In The Middle" on the other hand, was utterly unwatchable.

u were a teen in the 70s most likely thats prob why u did not like malcolm  ;)

It was a great show and many people on this site LOVE the show

Subject: Re: High chance of Malcolm in the Middle & That 70's show coming back to FOx

Written By: ofkx on 04/01/18 at 9:05 am

Frankie Muniz (Malcom in the show) barely remembers starring in the show btw http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4967282/amp/Why-Frankie-Muniz-t-remember-Malcolm-Middle.html

Subject: Re: High chance of Malcolm in the Middle & That 70's show coming back to FOx

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/01/18 at 9:13 am

Frankie Muniz (Malcom in the show) barely remembers starring in the show btw http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4967282/amp/Why-Frankie-Muniz-t-remember-Malcolm-Middle.html

Damn, all those mini-strokes that he had (according to the article) seems to affect his memories with being on Malcolm in the Middle.

Written By: Dundee on 04/01/18 at 9:35 am

A Malcolm in the Middle reboot in a few years would be perfect timing.

Also, revamp That 70s Show into That 90s Show and air in the fall of this year please ;D

Written By: ofkx on 04/01/18 at 10:08 am

Also, revamp That 70s Show into That 90s Show and air in the fall of this year please ;D

Holy crap that would be awesome. Maybe they could make the main characters the kids of the the old characters.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/18 at 2:43 pm

or how about calling it "The Now Show"?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/01/18 at 2:58 pm

They are CONSIDERING it. That doesn't mean that it will happen.

Malcolm in the Middle and That '70s Show DO NOT need to be revived or rebooted.

Also, I would rather FOX revive Martin, Living Single, In Living Color and Married... with Children instead.

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/01/18 at 4:44 pm

Also, I would rather FOX revive Martin, Living Single, In Living Color and Married... with Children instead.

I'll rather have Fox just air reruns of Malcolm in the Middle and That '70s Show instead of making reboots of them. No one seriously wants that much reboots.

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/01/18 at 4:49 pm

I'd rather
I'll rather have Fox just air reruns of Malcolm in the Middle and That '70s Show instead of making reboots of them. No one seriously wants that much reboots.

Tell'em

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/01/18 at 4:58 pm

That's good as well.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/01/18 at 6:49 pm

You know, I was just thinking the other day how they should reboot Married With Children and call it Married With Children and Grandchildren, like they did with Fuller House. It will be about Bud and Kelly also being married and having their own (dysfunctional) families. I can just imagine Bud having a wife who castrates him while he worships her, and their children are out of control. Meanwhile Kelly's husband works a dead-end job and is going no where in life.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/01/18 at 6:58 pm

You know, I was just thinking the other day how they should reboot Married With Children and call it Married With Children and Grandchildren, like they did with Fuller House. It will be about Bud and Kelly also being married and having their own (dysfunctional) families. I can just imagine Bud having a wife who castrates him while he worships her, and their children are out of control. Meanwhile Kelly's husband works a dead-end job and is going no where in life.

LOL, that sounds hilarious.

Written By: John Titor on 04/01/18 at 7:17 pm

please sent this to fox

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/01/18 at 7:55 pm

The finale of That ‘70s Show is literally December 31st, 1979. No sequels or reboots puh-lease!

Written By: Mat1991 on 04/01/18 at 8:31 pm

Next they should reboot The Golden Girls, even though Betty White is the only living golden girl and is a couple years shy of 100.

Hell, reboot I Love Lucy while you're at it.

Seriously, though, is anybody else getting tired of reboot this, reboot that?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/01/18 at 8:37 pm

Next they should reboot The Golden Girls, even though Betty White is the only living golden girl and is a couple years shy of 100.

Ideally, I don't want reboots.

However, if they are considering doing reboots then they should choose shows that would be better suited for a revival or reboot.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/01/18 at 9:47 pm

please sent this to fox

I would love to pitch the idea to someone. I just have to find the right point of contact at Fox.

Written By: 2001 on 04/01/18 at 9:59 pm

The finale of That ‘70s Show is literally December 31st, 1979. No sequels or reboots puh-lease!

Thanks for reminding us of that atrocious ending  8-P There is no way that show is coming back.

Now what I would love is a Mad Men style show for the 1970s obviously on any network other than FOX :o (although the show ended somewhere between 1971-1973 IIRC so they already had a good chunk of it)

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/01/18 at 10:06 pm

So that begs the question, do the 70s truly end at 1977 or 1982?

:DD E C A D E O L O G Y R O C K S :D

Written By: Shemp97 on 04/02/18 at 2:00 am

How ironic that a nostalgia-based sitcom issue coming back due to nostalgia.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/02/18 at 2:11 am

https://media.giphy.com/media/5xaOcLISUrBchel7P2w/giphy.gif

I'm waiting for you to answer the question :D

https://i.imgur.com/5oQY4Y1.gif

Written By: Howard on 04/02/18 at 5:29 am

Weren't they going to revive Married With Children a year or so ago?

Written By: Howard on 04/02/18 at 5:30 am

What happens to Al and Peg?

Written By: Howard on 04/02/18 at 5:34 am

some people like nostalgia.

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/02/18 at 6:49 am

Thanks for reminding us of that atrocious ending  8-P There is no way that show is coming back.

Now what I would love is a Mad Men style show for the 1970s obviously on any network other than FOX :o (although the show ended somewhere between 1971-1973 IIRC so they already had a good chunk of it)

A long time ago, back when I was in college, I wanted to write a television series that gave the 2000s the Mad Men treatment. It would’ve spanned from 9/11 to the Osama killing in 2011.

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/02/18 at 7:47 am

A long time ago, back when I was in college, I wanted to write a television series that gave the 2000s the Mad Men treatment. It would’ve spanned from 9/11 to the Osama killing in 2011.

Would it be based on a political standpoint during the 2000s?

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/02/18 at 11:50 am

Would it be based on a political standpoint during the 2000s?

Well, you know how Mad Men was about observing people who were distant from and not active participants in the grand social and political events and changes of the period? My show would’ve been about a boy and a girl observing the societal changes in middle and high school, and college.

Clearly nothing came of that project, but maybe I’ll revisit it someday.

Written By: 2001 on 04/02/18 at 12:00 pm

Wow, I mentioned thinking about a Mad Men style show based off the 2000s in the "If you were to make a show what cultural period or year would it be based off?" thread (with inspiration from Balty's post). It would've started at the end of 1998 and like yours would've finished when Osama Bin Laden was killed in spring 2011 because SPOILERS one of their sons gets killed in Afghanistan and that death provides closure.  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...