inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Which year was worst 2016 or 2017

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 12:48 pm

While both years had tragedies and one year had hold the amount of iconic celebrity deaths which year holds the worst?
For me it's 2016 because the amount of celebrity deaths and the police brutality issue.

Subject: Re: Which year was worst 2016 or 2017

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/05/18 at 1:11 pm

I think 2017 probably had more death, what with the three hurricanes that ripped through our country. But those might’ve been handled better if not for what went on in 2016.

Written By: Dundee on 04/05/18 at 1:48 pm

2016 was really tragic when it came to politics to the point the year itself became a meme.

THAT BEING SAID, gotta admit my life was much more exciting in 2016 and that 2017 fell quite on the short side ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 2:03 pm

Definitely 2016, both for the world and even in terms of my personal life. 2016 was the worst year of my life so far. While 2018 isn't going really too well for me so far, I don't think it's even close to being as bad as 2016. The latter portion of 2016 was when I started high school and things got a lot better and I felt a lot happier as I met new friends.

I already miss 2017. It was the second-best year of my life, and I had so much fun that year hanging out with friends and swimming at my friend's house. I went to see a lot of movies and it was my first full year of no longer being in middle school, which was a fresh breath of air because middle school was terrible for me with the exception of 7th grade.

I already want to go back to May-August 2017. Such an amazing time period for me.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 2:08 pm

Definitely 2016, both for the world and even in terms of my personal life. 2016 was the worst year of my life so far. While 2018 isn't going really too well for me so far, I don't think it's even close to being as bad as 2016. The latter portion of 2016 was when I started high school and things got a lot better and I felt a lot happier as I met new friends.

I already miss 2017. It was the second-best year of my life, and I had so much fun that year hanging out with friends and swimming at my friend's house. I went to see a lot of movies and it was my first full year of no longer being in middle school, which was a fresh breath of air because middle school was terrible for me with the exception of 7th grade.

I already want to go back to May-August 2017. Such an amazing time period for me.

I want to go back to March to June 2017 sometimes early parts of a year are more better than later parts.
I also miss the summer of 2016.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/05/18 at 2:14 pm

2016 was better in terms of pop culture, though it was a weak year for the Wii U. 2017 was also pretty good with the Nintendo Switch coming out.

Personally, both weren't that great, ages 14 & 15 weren't the best years of my life. The 2015-2016 school year was my best, so 2016 wins.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 2:15 pm

I want to go back to April to June 2017 sometimes early parts of a year are more better than later parts.
I also miss the summer of 2016.

I don't know why, but I've noticed that the early and mid part of odd-numbered years always tends to be better for me than the late part of it, and the late part of an even-numbered year is always better for me than the early-mid portion. This was especially the case with the years between 2012-2017. And 2018 is actually looking to be one of those years.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 2:20 pm

I don't know why, but I've noticed that the early and mid part of odd-numbered years always tends to be better for me than the late part of it, and the late part of an even-numbered year is always better for me than the early-mid portion. This was especially the case with the years between 2012-2017. And 2018 is actually looking to be one of those years.

Possibly since most people have to go back to school. Summer (mid) 2017 was kind of boring for me tbh.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 2:31 pm

Possibly since most people have to go back to school. Summer (mid) 2017 was kind of boring for me tbh.

But the weird thing is that's only the case with odd-numbered years. The late part of the year always turns out meh, whereas the late part of an even-numbered year tends to go well for me. 2016 was the perfect example of this.

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/05/18 at 2:32 pm

2016 had to deal with so many celebrity deaths, along with one of the most devastating political elections in United States history. 2017 on the other hand had the crappiest year on YouTube to the point where advertisers left off certain channels, which have them lose so much ad revenue.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 2:35 pm

But the weird thing is that's only the case with odd-numbered years. The late part of the year always turns out meh, whereas the late part of an even-numbered year tends to go well for me. 2016 was the perfect example of this.

November
December
?

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 2:40 pm

November
December
?

Yes and October too. September feels transitional for me lol.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 2:46 pm

Yes and October too. September feels transitional for me lol.

Same since it's a new school year and all of that. And since it's almost the end of an year.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/05/18 at 3:23 pm

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/05/18 at 3:24 pm

Same here.

Written By: 2001 on 04/05/18 at 3:24 pm

I loved both those years. I love every year of the 2010s! I'd take 2017 though. The terrorist attacks in 2016 were so sad, especially the Pulse Nightclub shooting.

I must admit that the atmosphere around roughly November 2016 to March 2017 was nasty. I would never want to relive that particular period as much as I love the 2010s. By the time spring was here and I got to see Macron's beautiful face everyday and the Toronto housing market was set on fire is when it got gud.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/05/18 at 3:25 pm

I must admit that the atmosphere around roughly November 2016 to March 2017 was nasty.

2016 U.S. Election?

Written By: 2001 on 04/05/18 at 3:44 pm

2016 U.S. Election?

Yep

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 3:49 pm

I loved both those years. I love every year of the 2010s! I'd take 2017 though. The terrorist attacks in 2016 were so sad, especially the Pulse Nightclub shooting.

I must admit that the atmosphere around roughly November 2016 to March 2017 was nasty. I would never want to relive that particular period as much as I love the 2010s. By the time spring was here and I got to see Macron's beautiful face everyday and the Toronto housing market was set on fire is when it got gud.

Yeah since everyone was pissed that Trump Inaugurated and the period was during his 100 days in office.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 3:52 pm

Yeah since everyone was pissed that Trump Inaugurated and the period was during his 100 days in office.

I remember the travel ban that he made. It was dumb as hell.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 3:54 pm

I remember the travel ban that he made. It was dumb as hell.

He only chose the countries that rarely had any terrorists lol.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/18 at 3:59 pm

2017 was worse. It had more tragedies and deaths and global terrorist attacks. It had more division, protests, and social unrest. 2016 just started it but it blew up in 2017. As for my personal life, 2017 was better. But for world events, pop culture, and music, 2016 was much better. A bunch of celebrities dying does not compare to the amount of division and terror in 2017. Yes RIP to the celebrities and their families, don't want to minimize that but there are a lot more worse things that happened in 2017 that affect the world than a bunch of celebrities dying.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/05/18 at 4:01 pm

I will never forget the day after Election Day 2016. I had to go to school and it was a gloomy day in NYC (literally, it was cloudy), the entire city was DEAD SILENT. There was not a lot of cars on the road, hardly anybody on the streets, I was on the bus and NO ONE WAS MAKING A SOUND.

When I got to school, some kids were crying but it was mostly COMPLETE SILENCE. The entire day at school, most of the teachers and students hardly spoke or even made a sound outside of the lesson for the day.

It was absolutely crazy and eerie. I've NEVER experienced anything like that, it was like a nuclear bomb was about to hit or we just survived a catastrophic war or something. However, it was just the fact that Trump got elected, why NYC was so silent.

I still can't believe it...

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 4:01 pm

2017 was worse. It had more tragedies and deaths and global terrorist attacks. It had more division, protests, and social unrest. 2016 just started it but it blew up in 2017. As for my personal life, 2017 was better. But for world events, pop culture, and music, 2016 was much better.

The only good Social Unrest was the Iranian Protests.
2016 was better personally even though i gave it a 9/10 on the "Rate your Personal Life in the 2010s" thread I think  2016 was more exciting personally than 2017.
Anyways:
2015 < 2016

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 4:05 pm

I will never forget the day after Election Day 2016. I had to go to school and it was a gloomy day in NYC (literally, it was cloudy), the entire city was DEAD SILENT. There was not a lot of cars on the road, hardly anybody on the streets, I was on the bus and NO ONE WAS MAKING A SOUND.

When I got to school, some kids were crying but it was mostly COMPLETE SILENCE. The entire day at school, most of the teachers and students hardly spoke or even made a sound outside of the lesson for the day.

It was absolutely crazy and eerie. I've NEVER experienced anything like that, it was like a nuclear bomb was about to hit or we just survived a catastrophic war or something. However, it was just the fact that Trump got elected, why NYC was so silent.

I remember during election day i stayed until 2am to watch it who would win and some students at my school complained that Trump won. I just didn't care.  :P.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/18 at 4:09 pm

There were more sad terrorist attacks in 2017 overall though. It just got even more crazy and worse.

Trump winning didn't affect Canadians too much. I remember thinking the Canadian Dollar would go up because of it, but it has stayed roughly the same since early 2016. I had a feeling he would win but my life went on normally after he won. I do remember thinking when he won we have officially left the mid 2010s and were in the late 2010s completely. This board got flooded with threads titled "Late 2010s - The Trump Era" and a bunch of memes around that, classic inthe00s reaction.  ;D

Written By: unicornic on 04/05/18 at 4:26 pm

Personally 2017

World events 2016

Pop culturally 2016

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 6:02 pm

2016 had the abomination election of Trump and Hillary, both candidates were so bad with so many inconsistencies, so that's enough right there for that year to be worse than 2017 already. The whole conservative vs liberal debates were on a high octane rise throughout this year and it hasn't stopped ever since. I only care about what's logical and actually knowing what's going on around the world. It wasn't just the candidates that were so bad, but it's the ILLOGICAL reasons anti-voters or supporters voted for them. There were good people who had logical reasons why they voted for Trump while there were bad people who had racist reasons why they voted for Trump. There were people who only voted for Trump because they were anti-Hillary. Same case went for Hillary but on the flip side with LGBT's, feminists, minorities, or anti-Trump voters, etc. This was an election that had so much confusion and corruption going on. You couldn't blame anybody for voting for Trump OR Hillary, but it made you feel bad voting for one of these candidates because your also on the same side as those who may have different reasons or a different thought process than you. It's Hillary's fault she lost that election. Point blank. She focused more on what Trump was doing wrong than her own campaign. No way in hell I was voting for Trump for personal reasons, but as a person from the south who grew up in Georgia his whole life, I couldn't hate on those who voted for Trump for a LOGICAL reason. Same went for Hillary. Some people will put their most important beliefs over something that may seem smaller to them. As others mentioned, 2016 had the most deaths of major celebrities since 2009. There are deaths every year, but 2016 had more than other years of the 2010's. Many tragedies, shootings, and attacks that started happening frequently since 2015 continued on well into 2016. 2016 for music doesn't even stand up to 2017 at all. 2017 was a way better year for music and it's not even close.

Written By: bchris02 on 04/05/18 at 6:03 pm

2016 hands down.  I actually liked 2017.  It was a brief reprieve in what has been a hellish decade in my personal life.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/05/18 at 6:14 pm

This is exactly how it was like at my school. I remember waking up in the morning to my mom coming into my room and telling me that Trump won. I remember seeing a Mexican and Muslim girl crying and hugging their friends, and all my friends would argue about at lunch that day was Donald Trump and how he's going to ruin the country and stuff. They were talking about the election and the popular vote and they were just getting so political. My teachers were talking to each other about it too. The news was just filled with people talking about the election. It was definitely a crazy and shocking day.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 8:02 pm

2016 had the abomination election of Trump and Hillary, both candidates were so bad with so many inconsistencies, so that's enough right there for that year to be worse than 2017 already. The whole conservative vs liberal debates were on a high octane rise throughout this year and it hasn't stopped ever since. I only care about what's logical and actually knowing what's going on around the world. It wasn't just the candidates that were so bad, but it's the ILLOGICAL reasons anti-voters or supporters voted for them. There were good people who had logical reasons why they voted for Trump while there were bad people who had racist reasons why they voted for Trump. There were people who only voted for Trump because they were anti-Hillary. Same case went for Hillary but on the flip side with LGBT's, feminists, minorities, or anti-Trump voters, etc. This was an election that had so much confusion and corruption going on. You couldn't blame anybody for voting for Trump OR Hillary, but it made you feel bad voting for one of these candidates because your also on the same side as those who may have different reasons or a different thought process than you. It's Hillary's fault she lost that election. Point blank. She focused more on what Trump was doing wrong than her own campaign. No way in hell I was voting for Trump for personal reasons, but as a person from the south who grew up in Georgia his whole life, I couldn't hate on those who voted for Trump for a LOGICAL reason. Same went for Hillary. Some people will put their most important beliefs over something that may seem smaller to them. As others mentioned, 2016 had the most deaths of major celebrities since 2009. There are deaths every year, but 2016 had more than other years of the 2010's. Many tragedies, shootings, and attacks that started happening frequently since 2015 continued on well into 2016. 2016 for music doesn't even stand up to 2017 at all. 2017 was a way better year for music and it's not even close.

I rather have trump or anyone else as president than Hillary.
2015 was a better year pop culture and music than 2016. IMO
2016 had great music but it just doesn't stand up to 2015 IMO.

Written By: prodanny288 on 04/05/18 at 8:10 pm

2017 was worse personally. 2016 was worse culturally.

Overall, 2017 is worse.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/18 at 8:19 pm

I don't think Hillary is worse than Trump. But I would have preferred Bernie Sanders.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/05/18 at 8:32 pm

Why is that? ???

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 8:35 pm

Why is that? ???

I would explain but I'm not trying to start a political argument so.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/05/18 at 8:36 pm

I would explain but I'm not trying to start a political argument so.

Please explain. I won't start a debate, I just want to know why.

Written By: Wobo on 04/05/18 at 8:40 pm

Please explain. I won't start a debate, I just want to know why.

Because she's crooked and she illegally deleted her emails.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/18 at 8:42 pm

But Trump has done and said a lot of bad things too.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/05/18 at 8:43 pm

I see....interesting :-X.

Your statement tells me many things but I'm not going to go any further http://www.thecoli.com/media/will-smith.16534/full?d=1518128002.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 9:05 pm

Exactly. Both had major problems in different ways. But it all comes down to your beliefs. For example, I may not like Trump because of all the racist stuff he said about Mexicans and Muslims, but if I was a person who disagreed with what the LGBT community was about and I put my Christian beliefs first before anybody who calls me racist, then I couldn't vote for Hillary as much as I disagreed with Trump. This is an example. Whether you're with the LGBT community or not. If I believed that equality (blacks, whites, purple, green, gay, lesbian, transgender, muslim) came first and foremost before ANYTHING period regardless of what Hilary did with the emails or whatever, then I couldn't vote for Trump, because of all the bigotry stuff he said. He made fun of people with DISABILITIES for crying out loud! If you see Trump being attracted by racist people, then I couldn't blame anybody for voting for Hillary (or being anti-Trump).

If I knew that Trump had no political background experience with the way his attitude already was compared to Hillary, why would I feel comfortable voting for Trump? If I knew that Trump's immigration laws/ideas were stronger than Hillary's (yes people if you listen closely) so illegal drugs could stop getting into this country or EXTREME muslims who attack wouldn't get into our country, then why would I feel comfortable voting for Hillary? If Trump keeps saying "build a wall, build a wall" over and over again, then why would minorities feel comfortable voting for Trump? If you really looked deep into both sides (and especially since I'm a black Christian myself), the 2016 election was like an endless loop you couldn't get out of. No other election in modern history was like this. There's been an evil spirit going around our country (the U.S.) going back to the Trevon Martin shooting and Sandy Hook in 2012, and once police shootings and ISIS came on the rise, things only got worse from there. I feel sorry that there were many Christians on the Trump side knowing that the same candidate they voted for was the same person who is attracted by racist/divisive people.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/05/18 at 9:07 pm

My apologies, I'll stick back to the 2016 vs 2017 topic, so to conclude, 2017 was a much better year than 2016 in all phases, except for the gas prices going up after the hurricanes.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/05/18 at 9:17 pm

Personal life: 2017 was worst.
World events/etc: 2017. All those mass shootings.  :o  :o  :(

Written By: 2001 on 04/05/18 at 10:16 pm

There were more sad terrorist attacks in 2017 overall though. It just got even more crazy and worse.

I don't think so. 2016 had Nice, which has the second highest death toll from terrorist attacks in the West this decade after Bataclan in 2015. I think Orlando (in 2016) also comes in third.

Trump winning didn't affect Canadians too much. I remember thinking the Canadian Dollar would go up because of it, but it has stayed roughly the same since early 2016. I had a feeling he would win but my life went on normally after he won. I do remember thinking when he won we have officially left the mid 2010s and were in the late 2010s completely. This board got flooded with threads titled "Late 2010s - The Trump Era" and a bunch of memes around that, classic inthe00s reaction.  ;D

That's true, but there was the Quebec mosque shooting January 2017 which made me afraid the far right could win over here too, but those fears eventually went away.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 04/05/18 at 10:16 pm

The 2016 election did have an upside, it proved that the mainstream news media was there to push an agenda, not to inform.
By 2017 though, the party was over, the orange dumbass was now in office.

As for personal life, 2016 was the year I graduated, my graduation party was a blast.
However, during the later part of that year, I fell into a depression, the worst depression I've ever been in.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/18 at 10:32 pm

Exactly. Both had major problems in different ways. But it all comes down to your beliefs. For example, I may not like Trump because of all the racist stuff he said about Mexicans and Muslims, but if I was a person who disagreed with what the LGBT community was about and I put my Christian beliefs first before anybody who calls me racist, then I couldn't vote for Hillary as much as I disagreed with Trump. This is an example. Whether you're with the LGBT community or not. If I believed that equality (blacks, whites, purple, green, gay, lesbian, transgender, muslim) came first and foremost before ANYTHING period regardless of what Hilary did with the emails or whatever, then I couldn't vote for Trump, because of all the bigotry stuff he said. He made fun of people with DISABILITIES for crying out loud! If you see Trump being attracted by racist people, then I couldn't blame anybody for voting for Hillary (or being anti-Trump).

If I knew that Trump had no political background experience with the way his attitude already was compared to Hillary, why would I feel comfortable voting for Trump? If I knew that Trump's immigration laws/ideas were stronger than Hillary's (yes people if you listen closely) so illegal drugs could stop getting into this country or EXTREME muslims who attack wouldn't get into our country, then why would I feel comfortable voting for Hillary? If Trump keeps saying "build a wall, build a wall" over and over again, then why would minorities feel comfortable voting for Trump? If you really looked deep into both sides (and especially since I'm a black Christian myself), the 2016 election was like an endless loop you couldn't get out of. No other election in modern history was like this. There's been an evil spirit going around our country (the U.S.) going back to the Trevon Martin shooting and Sandy Hook in 2012, and once police shootings and ISIS came on the rise, things only got worse from there. I feel sorry that there were many Christians on the Trump side knowing that the same candidate they voted for was the same person who is attracted by racist/divisive people.

Sometimes I feel like people really shouldn't vote at all. I know that is considered controversial saying that but it's hard to trust any politicians especially if it's between Trump and Clinton. I would have either voted for a third party like the green party or not voted at all if I were American. I don't support either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Donald Trump is a clown and Hillary Clinton is corrupt.  :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/05/18 at 10:45 pm

Sometimes I feel like people really shouldn't vote at all. I know that is considered controversial saying that but it's hard to trust any politicians especially if it's between Trump and Clinton. I would have either voted for a third party like the green party or not voted at all if I were American. I don't support either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Donald Trump is a clown and Hillary Clinton is corrupt.  :P

So you would either:

*Waste your vote by voting third party
*Nullify your political opinion by not voting.

Hillary Clinton is like a lot of other politicians who's been in the spotlight for decades. She's also human, she has made mistakes and she has owned up to most, if not all of them. Hillary Clinton is not "corrupt" and if she was then like Trump said Hillary would be in jail. She's been investigated dozens of times and NOTHING illegal or corrupt has been found and The Clinton Foundation has an A+ rating from an independent corruption watchdog.

Hillary Clinton SHOULD currently be the 45th President of the United States, along with being the first female president. Far left and right wing slander mixed in with some bigotry and misogyny is the reason why she isn't POTUS right now.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/05/18 at 10:46 pm

So you would either:

*Waste your vote by voting third party
*Invalidate your political opinion by not voting.

Hillary Clinton is like a lot of other politicians who's been in the spotlight for decades. She's also human, she has made mistakes and she has owned up to most, if not all of them. Hillary Clinton is not "corrupt" and if she was then like Trump said Hillary would be in jail. She's been investigated dozens of times and NOTHING illegal or corrupt has been found and The Clinton Foundation has an A+ rating from an independent corruption watchdog.

Hillary Clinton SHOULD currently be the 45th President of the United States, along with being the first female president. Far left and right wing slander mixed in with some bigotry and misogyny is the reason why she isn't POTUS right now.

Voting for a third party is not wasting your vote... People should vote for what their beliefs align with. That's the point of democracy. And if someone is passionate about not voting for anyone, they should have that right too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/18 at 8:42 am

Is there an option for neither?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/06/18 at 10:46 am

Voting for a third party is not wasting your vote... People should vote for what their beliefs align with. That's the point of democracy. And if someone is passionate about not voting for anyone, they should have that right too.

LOL. You don't know much about U.S. politics. We're not Canada.

Voting third party is wasting your vote and it does the same thing as if you didn't vote...NOTHING.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/06/18 at 11:02 am

Well said. I didn't care for either and I voted for Gary Johnson. But I'm actually glad that it's Trump and not Hillary.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/06/18 at 11:06 am

Well said. I didn't care for either and I voted for Gary Johnson. But I'm actually glad that it's Trump and not Hillary.

I will NEVER understand this.

You guys seriously like dealing with all the stuff that has happened over the past year and more. Just because you hate Hillary for very faulty reasons.

It's a damn shame http://www.thecoli.com/media/will-smith-2.16535/full?d=1518128031.

Written By: 2001 on 04/06/18 at 11:53 am

I thought you voted for Trump :o

Written By: Wobo on 04/06/18 at 4:59 pm

Hillary < Trump
Out of all the worst stuff he said I think he's still a nice guy the only reason he can act like an ass or a jerk is because people attack him including the Media. He was a Jerk to Hillary which is not an excuse for my point.

Written By: unicornic on 04/06/18 at 5:24 pm

Personally 2017

World events 2016

Pop culturally 2016

I change my mind. 2017 was worse pop culturally

Written By: Wobo on 04/06/18 at 5:25 pm

Meh i guess I can see why.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/06/18 at 7:25 pm

I agree. 2016 wasn't good pop culturally but it sure was better than 2017.

Written By: graciee on 04/06/18 at 11:02 pm

Both years are very good! But I think that 2016 is worse...

Written By: Wobo on 04/06/18 at 11:16 pm

2016 will have time be in our history books in the future.

Written By: prodanny288 on 04/07/18 at 2:15 pm

2016 was the overall last good year of my personal life even though sh*t has sucked since 2012.... 2017 and 2018 are on a whole new level

Written By: SmartBo1 on 04/07/18 at 6:05 pm

2016 was a special kind of awful. IMO, 2016 was so hilariously bad that it was amazing. It was definitely one roller coaster of a year. 

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/08/18 at 12:41 pm

Don't feel sorry for them. They didn't have to vote. They could go on loving their neighbors and helping the poor but instead they decide to put their chips in with the living incarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins. The age of American Christianity is in great decline and they have nobody but themselves to blame.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/08/18 at 12:51 pm

2016 was the overall last good year of my personal life even though sh*t has sucked since 2012.... 2017 and 2018 are on a whole new level

Just keep a positive outlook on life. You and I aren't even a third through are lives yet. There's plenty of great life experiences that await us in the future. High school doesn't last forever.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/09/18 at 9:41 pm

Don't feel sorry for them. They didn't have to vote. They could go on loving their neighbors and helping the poor but instead they decide to put their chips in with the living incarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins. The age of American Christianity is in great decline and they have nobody but themselves to blame.

There's many evangelicals that believe Trump is a good Christian and is without sin. I'm glad my church doesn't think like that.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 10/06/21 at 5:21 am

Written By: Slim95 on 10/06/21 at 10:50 am

I don't understand people's hatred for 2016 and I don't think I ever will. Why do so many people hate that year? It was a normal year like every other year and no pandemic or worldwide recession or anything like that.

Written By: violet_shy on 10/06/21 at 11:26 am

I enjoyed both 2016 and 2017.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/21 at 12:08 pm

Both years (2016 and 2017) were as equal as each other with 2016 being longer with an extra day of being a leap year.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/06/21 at 12:09 pm

As I've said before I prefer 2017 since it was the best year of my life personal-life wise.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 10/07/21 at 12:31 am

I don't understand people's hatred for 2016 and I don't think I ever will. Why do so many people hate that year? It was a normal year like every other year and no pandemic or worldwide recession or anything like that.

Trump/Brexit and celeb deaths. If you're a conservative you probably wouldn't hate it though.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/07/21 at 1:00 am

Trump/Brexit and celeb deaths. If you're a conservative you probably wouldn't hate it though.

Well celebrity deaths have nothing to do with politics but why would people care so much if a celebrity dies when other non-famous people die everyday.

Also I don't think about years in regards to their political climate. If that were the case I'd hate every year. There is a lot to like about 2016, no pandemic, worldwide job losses, recessions, etc.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 10/07/21 at 1:31 am

Well celebrity deaths have nothing to do with politics but why would people care so much if a celebrity dies when other non-famous people die everyday.

Also I don't think about years in regards to their political climate. If that were the case I'd hate every year. There is a lot to like about 2016, no pandemic, worldwide job losses, recessions, etc.

>There is a lot to like about 2016, no pandemic, worldwide job losses, recessions, etc.

That sort of stuff should be the bare minimum really.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/07/21 at 1:38 am

>There is a lot to like about 2016, no pandemic, worldwide job losses, recessions, etc.

That sort of stuff should be the bare minimum really.

2016 is supposed be a neutral year I don't know why people make everything political just enjoy the year and don't get political.

Written By: batfan2005 on 10/07/21 at 5:38 am

2016 is kind of forgotten after living through 2020. But before it was remembered as that type of year: one tragic event after another, celebrity deaths, presidential elections with a lot of tension and division between polar opposite views (SJW vs. alt-right). Only there wasn't a pandemic, just the Zika virus. It also broke the trend of the Olympic years being fun, happy, and exciting years which 2020 followed, so I'm bracing for 2024 to be the same.

Written By: Slim95 on 10/07/21 at 11:45 am

2016 is kind of forgotten after living through 2020. But before it was remembered as that type of year: one tragic event after another, celebrity deaths, presidential elections with a lot of tension and division between polar opposite views (SJW vs. alt-right). Only there wasn't a pandemic, just the Zika virus. It also broke the trend of the Olympic years being fun, happy, and exciting years which 2020 followed, so I'm bracing for 2024 to be the same.

That's the thing. I don't see how those events are tragic enough to hate on 2016. It's just a normal part of life.

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/18/21 at 1:49 pm

Neither were bad, but 2016 was worse. That's the year the political climate became toxic like never before and there was lots of YouTube drama. Everything in general was dramatic this year. Once Trump was actually in office everything settled way down and 2017 felt very relaxed and bright (until the end portion of the year)

Written By: NightmareFarm on 11/18/21 at 2:28 pm

Neither were bad, but 2016 was worse. That's the year the political climate became toxic like never before and there was lots of YouTube drama. Everything in general was dramatic this year. Once Trump was actually in office everything settled way down and 2017 felt very relaxed and bright (until the end portion of the year)

>Once Trump was actually in office everything settled way down

lol you had neo nazi rallies held that summer

Written By: JacobThePlante on 11/18/21 at 5:35 pm

>Once Trump was actually in office everything settled way down

lol you had neo nazi rallies held that summer

You're not getting a political argument out of me so nice try. Anyway that's bad but if you're part of the 80% of the population that doesn't pay much attention to politics outside of elections you wouldn't have known that was even happening

Written By: violet_shy on 11/18/21 at 5:38 pm

I liked both 2016 and 2017. Both years were great for me.

Check for new replies or respond here...