inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Mariah Carey reveals she has suffered from Bipolar since 2001

Written By: TheKid99 on 04/11/18 at 10:47 am

http://people.com/music/mariah-carey-bipolar-disorder-diagnosis-exclusive/
In this week’s PEOPLE cover story, Mariah Carey reveals for the first time her battle with bipolar disorder.

Although she was first diagnosed in 2001 (when she was hospitalized for a physical and mental breakdown), “I didn’t want to believe it,” the superstar singer-songwriter tells PEOPLE editor in chief Jess Cagle.

Carey says she finally sought treatment recently after “the hardest couple of years I’ve been through” — years of professional upheaval, an E! reality show and romantic drama.

“Until recently I lived in denial and isolation and in constant fear someone would expose me,” she says. “It was too heavy a burden to carry and I simply couldn’t do that anymore. I sought and received treatment, I put positive people around me and I got back to doing what I love — writing songs and making music.”

Very very interesting....

Subject: Re: Mariah Carey reveals she has suffered from Bipolar since 2001

Written By: ofkx on 04/11/18 at 11:07 am

It's great that she's seeking treatment. Too many people feel too scared to get any help and instead live in denial for the rest of their lives. I hope that she's surrounding herself with supportive people.

Check for new replies or respond here...