inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: CEO of Gerber Kawasaki "Social media has peaked"

Written By: John Titor on 04/11/18 at 7:59 pm

https://www.reuters.com/video/2018/04/11/social-media-has-peaked-says-ross-gerber?videoId=416907083&videoChannel=5&channelName=Business

Subject: Re: CEO of Gerber Kawasaki "Social media has peaked"

Written By: 2001 on 04/11/18 at 8:24 pm

I don't know her.

Honestly my behaviour has not changed at all the past few months despite all the revelations.  :-X

One thing I don't do anymore however is ever use the "Sign in with Facebook/Google" on those webpages that allow you to do that.

Written By: Looney Toon on 04/11/18 at 8:50 pm

Well hey if people wanna wonder if we had any changes in the late 2010s to early 2020s there is your change. Social Media peaking and slowly declining is actually something that could alter pop culture to a big degree. I'm sure we'd still have social media in the future, but maybe pop culture wouldn't revolve around it.

Written By: ofkx on 04/12/18 at 6:27 am

I disagree. While some platforms are declining, I don't think social media as a whole is declining.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 04/12/18 at 1:22 pm

I seriously doubt it, but I hope he's right.

Written By: John Titor on 04/12/18 at 3:00 pm

Well hey if people wanna wonder if we had any changes in the late 2010s to early 2020s there is your change. Social Media peaking and slowly declining is actually something that could alter pop culture to a big degree. I'm sure we'd still have social media in the future, but maybe pop culture wouldn't revolve around it.

yep and many other twitter accounts commenting on this have reported the top peak was 2015 and has been stagnant since with no new growth in 2018

Written By: 90s Guy on 04/12/18 at 4:28 pm

Social media has't peaked, nor will it likely. What is happening though is that people are getting tired of having news, politics & social media intertwined. Social Media will always be with us in some form. It's like saying that "Phones have peaked." No, but there needs to be a separation of social media and politics or people will begin to drop off.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 04/12/18 at 7:01 pm

The Twitter/Facebook tier of social media is at its peak right now, if not already beginning to decline.
But social media, as a whole? I believe social media will evolve and advance in the next decade or two.

Written By: Milk on 04/13/18 at 9:22 am

I could see internet fourms making a comeback

Written By: 2001 on 04/13/18 at 9:31 am

Can you imagine "Remember Facebook??" 2010s nostalgia memes in 2035? I can't lol.

Written By: John Titor on 04/25/18 at 1:05 am

I could see internet fourms making a comeback

I hope!

Written By: xenzue on 04/25/18 at 3:01 am

I’d be surprised if it were peaking tbh, doesn’t seem likes it’s slowing down at all. Hopefully a balance emerges. Gen Z are all hooked on the holy trinity of the young people’s social media: IG, SC, and Twitter. I’d also like for dedicated forums to come back, you can learn an a lot from them.

With that being said I noticed that a lot of ppl don’t use Snapchat anymore. Ppl said Vero was going to be the next big thing but it flopped lol... still might grow but it’s so useless to me

Written By: That 2004 vibe on 04/25/18 at 8:50 am

I’d be surprised if it were peaking tbh, doesn’t seem likes it’s slowing down at all. Hopefully a balance emerges. Gen Z are all hooked on the holy trinity of the young people’s social media: IG, SC, and Twitter. I’d also like for dedicated forums to come back, you can learn an a lot from them.

With that being said I noticed that a lot of ppl don’t use Snapchat anymore. Ppl said Vero was going to be the next big thing but it flopped lol... still might grow but it’s so useless to me

I feel like there wont be a balance and it will just end

Check for new replies or respond here...