inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nickelodeon nowadays.

Written By: Wobo on 04/12/18 at 11:19 pm

What do you think of the channel Nick nowadays? The last time i watched was about a month ago because my cable went off. I think Nickelodeon is doing fine,for a while it has been doing better than Cartoon Network.

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon nowadays.

Written By: ofkx on 04/13/18 at 8:50 am

Haven't watched it since I was 11 or so, so idk. It's past its prime though, that's for sure.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/13/18 at 10:50 am

Haven't watched it since I was 11 or so, so idk. It's past its prime though, that's for sure.
Nickoldeon hasn't been big in years, since I entered middle school it's been dying off.

Written By: John Titor on 04/13/18 at 10:55 am

Nickoldeon hasn't been big in years, since I entered middle school it's been dying off.

its last peak I would say would be Summer 2010
and that is a stretch because they changed the logo, however Victorious / Jackson VP was able to keep the ship together
for a little while

But yeah Nick now is actually doing good ratings and beating CN,  CN was beating nick for the past 7 years but they got lazy
and NICK has been beating them in the ratings by deault, not because its shows are any good

Written By: ofkx on 04/13/18 at 11:02 am

and that is a stretch because they changed the logo, however Victorious / Jackson VP was able to keep the ship together
for a little while

But yeah Nick now is actually doing good ratings and beating CN,  CN was beating nick for the past 7 years but they got lazy
and NICK has been beating them in the ratings by deault, not because its shows are any good

I honestly don't get how the logo of a channel has anything to do with how good it is ???

I think iCarly was the last good show on Nickelodeon. It may just be the fact that I got too old though :P.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/13/18 at 11:09 am

Nickelodeon is the old man on the block. Nickelodeon started in 1979 (technically, 1977 but whatever) and it's the oldest out of the 3 major kids networks in America: Disney Channel started in 1983 and Cartoon Network started in 1992.

I haven't watched Nickelodeon much since 2010. I only occasionally watched it for the 2012 TMNT and I usually just watched that On Demand.

I don't even know what's on Nick besides The Loud House and Craig of the Creek and I only know The Loud House because some YouTubers I watch have mentioned them.

Nick is basically the same as Cartoon Network nowadays except only slightly less cringy. That's sad because there used to be a time (the 1990s and 2000s) when both channels were distinctly different. Both channels are still different but if someone told me that The Loud House and Craig of the Creek were CN shows, I wouldn't even blink.

Written By: John Titor on 04/13/18 at 11:17 am

I honestly don't get how the logo of a channel has anything to do with how good it is ???

I think iCarly was the last good show on Nickelodeon. It may just be the fact that I got too old though :P.

The logo changed when Nick was going thru a controversial decline

Written By: Howard on 04/13/18 at 1:15 pm

The last time I watched Nickelodeon was when You Can't Do That On Television was on during the early to mid 90's.

Written By: Wobo on 04/13/18 at 1:21 pm

for a little while

I would say its last peak was when the Loud House aired on the channel thats when everyone started to turn to Nick again.

Written By: Wobo on 04/13/18 at 1:22 pm

Nickelodeon is the old man on the block. Nickelodeon started in 1979 (technically, 1977 but whatever) and it's the oldest out of the 3 major kids networks in America: Disney Channel started in 1983 and Cartoon Network started in 1992.

I haven't watched Nickelodeon much since 2010. I only occasionally watched it for the 2012 TMNT and I usually just watched that On Demand.

I don't even know what's on Nick besides The Loud House and Craig of the Creek and I only know The Loud House because some YouTubers I watch have mentioned them.

Nick is basically the same as Cartoon Network nowadays except only slightly less cringy. That's sad because there used to be a time (the 1990s and 2000s) when both channels were distinctly different. Both channels are still different but if someone told me that The Loud House and Craig of the Creek were CN shows, I wouldn't even blink.

Craig of the Creek is a CN show.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/13/18 at 1:24 pm

Craig of the Creek is a CN show.

That proves my point.

CN and Nick are too similar nowadays ;D.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/13/18 at 1:36 pm

Nickoldeon was the bomb in the 90s-mid 2000s. Around 2007 is when I notice the channel going major changes with Drake and Josh being replaced with ICarly, Nickoldeon changing it's outro bumper after the end of an episode, Jimmy Neutron ended, Danny Phantom ended, and shows like Tak and the power of juju goes and Mighty B debuts. 2007 is when I started seeing a trend of Nick shows that airs like once and twice and never see a light of day.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/13/18 at 7:46 pm

Its Nicktoons have been dying since 2006 up until Loud House (which is a 10 year gap and the only outlier). It's live-action shows have been dead af since iCarly and Victorious ended. I haven't been into Nickelodeon period since Drake & Josh and Avatar: TLA ended though.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/13/18 at 7:48 pm

I haven't been into Nickelodeon period since Drake & Josh and Avatar: TLA ended though.

Same here.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/13/18 at 8:07 pm

Nickoldeon was the bomb in the 90s-mid 2000s. Around 2007 is when I notice the channel going major changes with Drake and Josh being replaced with ICarly, Nickoldeon changing it's outro bumper after the end of an episode, Jimmy Neutron ended, Danny Phantom ended, and shows like Tak and the power of juju goes and Mighty B debuts. 2007 is when I started seeing a trend of Nick shows that airs like once and twice and never see a light of day.

2006 was the turning point when it came to the Nicktoons. 2005 was the last good year you had good Nicktoons premiere such as Catscratch and Avatar: TLA, but unfortunately Catscratch didn't last that long, but thankfully we had Avatar. In 2006 Jimmy Neutron ended, Fairly Odd Parents had its last episode before the baby debuted in 2008, and I believe that was the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour part 3 if I remember correctly. Mr. Meaty started the trend of the really horrible Nicktoons that didn't last long followed by Tak & the Power of JuJu, The Mighty B, Penguins of Madagascar, Fanboy & Chum Chum, Back in the Barnyard, Planet Sheen, Tuff Puppy, and much more failed Nicktoons. A lot of those failed Nicktoons were spinoff shows or video games. Most of the 90's Nicktoons like CatDog, As Told by Ginger, Rocket Power, Rugrats, and Hey Arnold ended in 2004 but reruns were still around through 2005 and Nicktoons that started in the early/mid 00's such as Jimmy Neutron, Invader Zim, All Grown Up, ChalkZone, Danny Phantom, and Teenage Robot were good. There used to be variety. Since late 2006 and beyond the Nicktoons were dwindling down while Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents started being overplayed as a result of this, cause you had nothing else other than the failed Nicktoons that would follow.

The live-action shows on Nickelodeon still remained good through iCarly and even Victorious. I remember people in middle school and high school who enjoyed iCarly and Victorious even though I weren't into the shows. Drake & Josh was the top Nickelodeon live-action show of my peak childhood. Ned's Declassified was good too. Half of the Nick@Nite shows were fun to watch. I couldn't get into Zoey 101 or Unfabulous though. Since Sam & Cat and especially the live-action shows after that it's been a complete laughable disaster. So cheesy, cringey, and corny. Even worse than Disney Channel's live-action shows of the late 00's/early 10's. Do you remember Snick, The N, or NickGas? Oh, and speaking of the slime shows. The lack of slime shows was a huge problem for Nickelodeon over the years as well. Slimetime Live, U-Pick Live, and Friday Night Slimetime were a huge deal back then.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/16/18 at 6:05 pm

2006 was the turning point when it came to the Nicktoons. 2005 was the last good year you had good Nicktoons premiere such as Catscratch and Avatar: TLA, but unfortunately Catscratch didn't last that long, but thankfully we had Avatar. In 2006 Jimmy Neutron ended, Fairly Odd Parents had its last episode before the baby debuted in 2008, and I believe that was the Jimmy Timmy Power Hour part 3 if I remember correctly. Mr. Meaty started the trend of the really horrible Nicktoons that didn't last long followed by Tak & the Power of JuJu, The Mighty B, Penguins of Madagascar, Fanboy & Chum Chum, Back in the Barnyard, Planet Sheen, Tuff Puppy, and much more failed Nicktoons. A lot of those failed Nicktoons were spinoff shows or video games. Most of the 90's Nicktoons like CatDog, As Told by Ginger, Rocket Power, Rugrats, and Hey Arnold ended in 2004 but reruns were still around through 2005 and Nicktoons that started in the early/mid 00's such as Jimmy Neutron, Invader Zim, All Grown Up, ChalkZone, Danny Phantom, and Teenage Robot were good. There used to be variety. Since late 2006 and beyond the Nicktoons were dwindling down while Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents started being overplayed as a result of this, cause you had nothing else other than the failed Nicktoons that would follow.

The live-action shows on Nickelodeon still remained good through iCarly and even Victorious. I remember people in middle school and high school who enjoyed iCarly and Victorious even though I weren't into the shows. Drake & Josh was the top Nickelodeon live-action show of my peak childhood. Ned's Declassified was good too. Half of the Nick@Nite shows were fun to watch. I couldn't get into Zoey 101 or Unfabulous though. Since Sam & Cat and especially the live-action shows after that it's been a complete laughable disaster. So cheesy, cringey, and corny. Even worse than Disney Channel's live-action shows of the late 00's/early 10's. Do you remember Snick, The N, or NickGas? Oh, and speaking of the slime shows. The lack of slime shows was a huge problem for Nickelodeon over the years as well. Slimetime Live, U-Pick Live, and Friday Night Slimetime were a huge deal back then.
True but in the late 2000s it was mostly Spongebob. Pieguyrulez mentioned this in his first video he did in 2008. At least in 2006, you had more content to watch and the Teenick stuff was reallly good.

Written By: John Titor on 04/25/18 at 1:00 am

Nick has massive ratings in 2018 lol

Check for new replies or respond here...