inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is Justin Bieber finished?

Written By: bchris02 on 04/20/18 at 9:43 pm

Like him or hate him, he has been one of the most consistent artists this decade.  I also think he has done a pretty good job at evolving his sound over the years.  He started off as a teenybopper icon and evolved into a solid pop star.  He's kind of a male version of Taylor Swift in that regard.  However, we haven't heard much from him since 2016.  From what I've heard, he's been dealing with some kind of personal/mental unraveling though I am not sure the extent of it.  Britney Spears went through that in the mid '00s but made a solid comeback in the late '00s.

Does anybody think Justin Bieber will make a comeback or is he done?

Subject: Re: Is Justin Bieber finished?

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/20/18 at 9:47 pm

he done

Written By: HeyJealousy on 04/20/18 at 10:07 pm

Here’s to hoping that he drowns in the mud and murk of washed-up pop “stars”.
I mean, he tried to prove his ability to evolve with “Despacito”. But it was Luis Fonsi that made Despacito “Despacito”.

Written By: #Infinity on 04/21/18 at 12:47 am

Uh, he's certainly not done for yet. He was the primary reason "Despacito (Remix)" became one of the biggest songs of last year, but even besides that, he was featured on plenty other big hits recently like "I'm the One", "Let Me Love You", and "2U". Purpose was one of the very biggest albums of 2015, despite being released directly after Bieber's personal dark age. Once he releases the leadoff single for his next album, people will start buzzing it up like mad.

Written By: 2001 on 04/21/18 at 1:26 am

No way, he only just got good and expanded his audience! Almost everyone my age hated him 5-10 years ago and now we love him ;D Canadian talent!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/21/18 at 4:55 am

Biebs can’t hold a candle to Pitbull.

Written By: Fearsword on 04/21/18 at 4:56 am

I thought he was done in 2013-14 when he started making headlines for all the wrong reasons but he managed to make a comeback in 2015 and started becoming cool among grown men.

Whether he's done for good all depends on how his next album performs. If it flops, it will probably be due to the natural fading of a popstar who's been popular for a decade.

Written By: Fearsword on 04/21/18 at 5:03 am

Like him or hate him, he has been one of the most consistent artists this decade.  I also think he has done a pretty good job at evolving his sound over the years.  He started off as a teenybopper icon and evolved into a solid pop star.  He's kind of a male version of Taylor Swift in that regard.  However, we haven't heard much from him since 2016. From what I've heard, he's been dealing with some kind of personal/mental unraveling though I am not sure the extent of it.  Britney Spears went through that in the mid '00s but made a solid comeback in the late '00s.

He did have a couple of hits in early-mid 2017 with the ubitiquos "Despacito" and "Friends". Though he hasn't really had any success as a lead artist recently.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 04/21/18 at 5:34 am

Like him or hate him, he has been one of the most consistent artists this decade.  I also think he has done a pretty good job at evolving his sound over the years.  He started off as a teenybopper icon and evolved into a solid pop star.  He's kind of a male version of Taylor Swift in that regard.  However, we haven't heard much from him since 2016.  From what I've heard, he's been dealing with some kind of personal/mental unraveling though I am not sure the extent of it.  Britney Spears went through that in the mid '00s but made a solid comeback in the late '00s.

He was everywhere last year!?

Written By: ofkx on 04/21/18 at 7:30 am

He's far from finished. He had a couple of hit songs in 2017. He does seem to be a bit less active than usual though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BldYlGqs7pA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weeI1G46q0o

Written By: bchris02 on 04/21/18 at 2:04 pm

He was everywhere last year!?

Fair point.  He wasn't a lead artist though in pretty much anything big last year.  As somebody else pointed out, Despacito was what it was with or without Justin Bieber.

Written By: 2001 on 04/21/18 at 2:14 pm

Bieber occupied the #2 (Despacito), #12 (I'm The One) and #46 (Let Me Love You) spots on the 2017 Year-End Billboard Top 100.

Written By: ofkx on 04/21/18 at 2:20 pm

Bieber occupied the #2 (Despacito), #12 (I'm The One) and #46 (Let Me Love You) spots on the 2017 Year-End Billboard Top 100.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT ABOUT DESPACITO.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 04/22/18 at 1:12 am

Biebs can’t hold a candle to Pitbull.

Pitbull can’t hold a candle next to Dwight Yoakam.

Written By: Dundee on 04/23/18 at 1:52 pm

Yeah, he had two massive summer hits a few months ago (I'm the One and Despacito), how in the hell can he be possibly done ??? ?

Written By: Dundee on 04/23/18 at 1:53 pm

Fair point.  He wasn't a lead artist though in pretty much anything big last year.  As somebody else pointed out, Despacito was what it was with or without Justin Bieber.
Because you know he didn't release any single besides those collaborations?

Written By: duenas8 on 07/04/18 at 4:29 pm

At least there’s no signs of him in 2018

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/04/18 at 4:55 pm

No.

Written By: 2001 on 07/04/18 at 5:01 pm

At least there’s no signs of him in 2018

He was indoctrinated into some Christian cult. I read it in the local news a couple of days back. :o

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/04/18 at 5:05 pm

It the latin community it still would've blown up without him but at far as all the crossover success, I believe Justin is responsible for that.

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/04/18 at 5:05 pm

At least he's not annoying like he was in 2009 - 2014

Written By: ofkx on 07/04/18 at 5:15 pm

I really think he's going through something ???.
I mean, just look at this:
https://www.plasticsurgerypeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/justin-bieber-2018.jpg
Or maybe he's just getting older and doesn't really care as much? idk.

Written By: 2001 on 07/04/18 at 5:24 pm

He's one of those people that look better with pimples.

Written By: Dundee on 07/05/18 at 6:46 am

He's apparently chilling a lot with his pal Post Malone, I guess he's just adopting his "don't care" look and attitude :p

Written By: Howard on 07/05/18 at 7:29 am

He's one of those people that look better with pimples.

and with facial hair.

Written By: 2001 on 07/05/18 at 10:15 am

and with facial hair.

If he grows chest hair I'll be there for his new era.

Written By: 2001 on 07/11/18 at 8:03 pm

I can't believe no one has brought up his engagement (after one month of dating) with Hailey Baldwin (hew??) :)

But just when you think he's finally got it together, he is caught wearing socks with flip flops and his fiancée (forgot her name) wears chunky shoes.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/hbz-justin-bieber-hailey-baldwin-imagedirect-1531326808.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=768:*

I give this 2 months tbh.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/11/18 at 9:39 pm

I can't believe no one has brought up his engagement (after one month of dating) with Hailey Baldwin (hew??) :)

But just when you think he's finally got it together, he is caught wearing socks with flip flops and his fiancée (forgot her name) wears chunky shoes.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/hbz-justin-bieber-hailey-baldwin-imagedirect-1531326808.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=768:*

LOL. I just found out about this a couple of days ago. Its unfortunate that Hailey is off the market now :\'(.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 07/15/18 at 12:08 am

I wonder how long it will be before Stephen Baldwin tells his daughter to end her relationship with him?

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/18 at 12:57 am

Let's just wait and see how many turn up for his next concert, and the sells of his next album.

Check for new replies or respond here...