inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Van Attack in Toronto kills 10, injures 15.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/23/18 at 4:42 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/23/world/toronto-collision-pedestrians/index.html

Stay safe to all inthe00s.com members that are in Toronto.

Also, my deepest condolences goes out to the victims and their families. Stay strong Toronto!

Subject: Re: Van Attack in Toronto kills 10, injures 15.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/23/18 at 4:57 pm

Here is the suspect: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alek-minassian-240083157

The suspect is 25 year old Alek Minassian. He is of Armenian heritage.

Before anyone brings Islam into the discussion, Armenians are almost ALL Christians. About 98% of Armenians adhere to Christianity, so don't bring any "another Islamic terrorist" sentiments in here.

Written By: 2001 on 04/23/18 at 6:21 pm

I think I might have interacted with the attacker before (through email, not in person). Even if we didn't, we've been in the same places (live in the same suburb (Richmond Hill), went to the same university (I think?), both computer programmers, the same age as me), and this is all so confusing. It feels like I'm dreaming and none of this is real.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/23/18 at 6:47 pm

I think I might have interacted with the attacker before (through email, not in person). Even if we didn't, we've been in the same places (live in the same suburb (Richmond Hill), went to the same university (I think?), both computer programmers, the same age as me), and this is all so confusing. It feels like I'm dreaming and none of this is real.

Wow, that's just...unbelievable. I can't imagine the shock :(.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/23/18 at 7:02 pm

Before anyone brings Islam into the discussion, Armenians are almost ALL Christians. About 98% of Armenians adhere to Christianity, so don't bring any "another Islamic terrorist" sentiments in here.

That said, when a terrorist event happens and anybody is taking bets, always place your money on Islam. You will not win every bet, but you'll get rich because most often it is Islamic terrorism.

Written By: 2001 on 04/23/18 at 7:18 pm

The attack took place just 2 blocks (4 km), just two subway stops away from my office. On special occasions, me and my coworkers lunch in the neighbourhood where the attack took place, exactly at the afternoon lunch hour that it did. Fortunately I chose to work from home today as I had some local errands to run, but that's not important.

I received so many calls asking if I was okay, and I just couldn't hold back anymore. I shed a few tears, it was so overwhelming.  :\'( I never thought I'd live the day where I'd see Facebook alerts asking me to call to check on friends of mine to confirm they're safe in my own city.

What I'm absolutely disgusted by is all the posts on social media. Everyone is hijacking the deaths of those people and using them from their own agenda. Whether it's American gun nut jobs making jokes about regulating trucks, people who posted fake news about his being an Islamist or him being a white nationalist, you're all disgusting.  8-P There are PEOPLE who died. Those are PEOPLE who got injured and will live a life of suffering because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. NOT your political props.

It's looking likely that the attacker was a person with mental health issues and girl problems, who was attempting suicide by cop. And now all those people with their faux-concern trolling are nowhere to be seen. Disgusting how they were only concerned in so much as it furthered their political agenda. Disgusting excuses for human beings  8-P

We just came out of the harshest winter in my living memory. It was a warm sunny spring day, and if you know Canadians we go outside on warm days any chance we get, because we don't get many of them. The snow is STILL on the ground. It was lunchtime in an area with some of the best restaurants in the city surrounded by office towers and 3 subway stations. It must have been packed. I could've easily been there. And all those people were mowed down. All those people were injured and their lives completely change within an instant, simply because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's all too much to comprehend for me, how this can just happen to anybody, including you, and you're powerless to stop it.  :\'(

Written By: 2001 on 04/23/18 at 7:22 pm

That said, when a terrorist event happens and anybody is taking bets, always place your money on Islam. You will not win every bet, but you'll get rich because most often it is Islamic terrorism.

The only successful terrorist attack against civilians in Canada was of your ilk, a Trump supporter who shot up a mosque and killed 6 people. How much money did you bet?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/23/18 at 7:33 pm

The attack took place just 2 blocks (4 km), just two subway stops away from my office. On special occasions, me and my coworkers lunch in the neighbourhood where the attack took place, exactly at the afternoon lunch hour that it did. Fortunately I chose to work from home today as I had some local errands to run, but that's not important.

I received so many calls asking if I was okay, and I just couldn't hold back anymore. I shed a few tears, it was so overwhelming.  :\'( I never thought I'd live the day where I'd see Facebook alerts asking me to call to check on friends of mine to confirm they're safe in my own city.

What I'm absolutely disgusted by is all the posts on social media. Everyone is hijacking the deaths of those people and using them from their own agenda. Whether it's American gun nut jobs making jokes about regulating trucks, people who posted fake news about his being an Islamist or him being a white nationalist, you're all disgusting.  8-P There are PEOPLE who died. Those are PEOPLE who got injured and will live a life of suffering because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. NOT your political props.

It's looking likely that the attacker was a person with mental health issues and girl problems, who was attempting suicide by cop. And now all those people with their faux-concern trolling are nowhere to be seen. Disgusting how they were only concerned in so much as it furthered their political agenda. Disgusting excuses for human beings  8-P

We just came out of the harshest winter in my living memory. It was a warm sunny spring day, and if you know Canadians we go outside on warm days any chance we get, because we don't get many of them. The snow is STILL on the ground. It was lunchtime in an area with some of the best restaurants in the city surrounded by office towers and 3 subway stations. It must have been packed. I could've easily been there. And all those people were mowed down. All those people were injured and their lives completely change within an instant, simply because they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's all too much to comprehend for me, how this can just happen to anybody, including you, and you're powerless to stop it.  :\'(

I can feel your pain through that post. Wow, I can't even imagine being in your situation. Stay strong! *Bro hug* :(

The only successful terrorist attack against civilians in Canada was of your ilk, a Trump supporter who shot up a mosque and killed 6 people. How much money did you bet?

Agreed. I wish I could give you a thousand karmas!

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 04/23/18 at 7:55 pm

New aftermath:

10 dead, 15 injured

Written By: 2001 on 04/23/18 at 8:08 pm

I can feel your pain through that post. Wow, I can't even imagine being in your situation. Stay strong! *Bro hug* :(
Agreed. I wish I could give you a thousand karmas!

Thanks for understanding.

New aftermath:

10 dead, 15 injured

Rest in peace.

I hope I don't see familiar names on there, but even if I don't my heart breaks for those that do. Something about this attack feels so real and raw, in a way the others didn't. Even though I have seen names of some of the victims and don't know them, I feel like I actually do. I know that neighbourhood so well. I know the people of Toronto so well. It's like losing someone I know even though I didn't.  :\'( What's gross is I feel like I know the attacker well too, even though I don't. We've been to all the same places and had similar life experiences. Everything about this attack is just f*cking with my brain and the range of emotions is all over the map, I don't know what to feel.  :-[

I guess technically even if I'm not losing people I know, I am losing people I really care about, and that's what makes this attack hit so close to home (literally)  :-\\

Another mindf*ck is Bruce McArthur. He lived in the SAME apartment as one of my close friends, and I used to go there all the time. The exact same one! I was probably in the same elevator with him God knows how many times. And he used to kill primarily people like me (South Asian gay men). It could've been me chopped to bits. 2018 is f*cking with my brain. I can't stand it.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/23/18 at 8:28 pm

New aftermath:

10 dead, 15 injured

Updated.

Written By: robby76 on 04/23/18 at 11:27 pm

Whether it's American gun nut jobs making jokes about regulating trucks...

Best reply to that is that guns are designed to kill people. Vans are designed to get people from A to B.

Anyway very sad to hear of yet more craziness in the world. I love Toronto and had a great time there in 2013 touring round.

Written By: 2001 on 04/24/18 at 5:04 pm

Best reply to that is that guns are designed to kill people. Vans are designed to get people from A to B.

Anyway very sad to hear of yet more craziness in the world. I love Toronto and had a great time there in 2013 touring round.

Also the obvious conclusion that if we did ban trucks then truck attacks would virtually all stop. They didn't think of something so obvious because they don't think much past dumb memes.  Of course we don't do that because trucks have other functional uses, unlike guns. But it's not relevant, it's just gross how their using this attack in a foreign country to further their own political agenda. Those two things have nothing to do with each other.  :-\\

Good to hear you had fun. 2013 was an amazing year for Fan Expo! :)

Written By: Wobo on 04/24/18 at 7:49 pm

And i get a fudge for posting a meme that wasn't mean't to mock the victims sheesh.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 7:50 pm

And i get a fudge for posting a meme that wasn't mean't to mock anybody sheesh.

LyricBoy got fudged for that post.

Written By: Wobo on 04/24/18 at 7:53 pm

LyricBoy got fudged for that post.

Well his post as more offensive than mines so... and like i said my post was mean't to mock the fact that trucks and cars are always used as weapons i wasn't trying to mock the victims thats all.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 7:57 pm

Well his post as more offensive than mines so... and like i said my post was mean't to mock the fact that trucks and cars are always used as weapons i wasn't trying to mock the victims thats all.

Well, it's because your post was taking about Islam and this attack had nothing to do with Islam.

Written By: 2001 on 04/24/18 at 7:58 pm

I never fudge unless it's a joke (I hate the whole karma system in general), but it was a tense and emotional moment for me. By the time LyricBoy posted his usual uneducated drivel I wasn't as tense.

Written By: Wobo on 04/24/18 at 8:00 pm

Well, it's because your post was taking about Islam and this attack had nothing to do with Islam.

I thought it was just another islamic terrorist attack so that's another reason why i posted it.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 10:38 pm

Woah, what's going on in here? :o

Also, John Titor is a female? That's the most surprising thing in this thread :o.

Written By: John Titor on 04/24/18 at 10:40 pm

Also, John Titor is a female? That's the most surprising thing in this thread :o.

Yeah, sometimes people have mistaken my tomboy isms to be male but I don't correct them LOL
I was never really into girly ish growing, Id perfer playing with Power Rangers than Barbie lol

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 10:43 pm

Yeah, sometimes people have mistaken my tomboy isms to be male but I don't correct them LOL
I was never really into girly ish growing, Id perfer playing with Power Rangers than Barbie lol

Suprising :o.

Your username is "John Titor" which I searched up and is a male pseudonym.

Why not use "Jane Doe"?

Written By: John Titor on 04/24/18 at 10:44 pm

Suprising :o.

Your username is "John Titor" which I searched up and is a male pseudonym.

Why not use "Jane Doe"?

I didn't want people to treat me different (this site is mostly males)
but also I find John titor's story so fascinating

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/24/18 at 10:44 pm

Former user? I'm still here, buddy.

This was an awful attack and really scary considering I have a few friends and relatives that live in Toronto and in that North York area. I hope you're doing alright too, Slowpoke.

Written By: 2001 on 04/24/18 at 10:45 pm

He's not. He's an MRA/misogynist pretending to be a woman to make his horsecrap seem legit. He posted a lot of other MRA propaganda threads about "women plotting to accuse Bernie Sanders of rape", "Biased controversial feminist movie hitting theatres" and God knows what else, I've lost track.

And he's not a woman. His old account (the2001) made constant references to him getting bitches at parties and having Katy Perry's and Pitbull's nudes and other strange fantasies. He's probably gone and deleted and many of them but Jordan/Infinity can back me up on the validity.

And now he's saying or implying this attack is a hoax. These incels/whatever he is are DISGUSTING.  8-P

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/24/18 at 10:46 pm

He's not. He's an MRA/misogynist pretending to be a woman to make his horsecrap seem legit. He posted a lot of other MRA propaganda threads about "women plotting to accuse Bernie Sanders of rape", "Biased controversial feminist movie hitting theatres" and God knows what else, I've lost track.

And he's not a woman. His old account made constant references to him getting bitches at parties and having Katy Perry's and Pitbull's nudes and other strange fantasies. He's probably gone and deleted and many of them but Jordan/Infinity can back me up on the validity.

I remember all of that stuff. Remember when he quizzed me on fashion but I was doing my laundry and he got pissed off at me for wanting to clean my clothes?

where the hell have u been

I posted here earlier this week.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 10:46 pm

Former user? I'm still here, buddy.

This was an awful attack and really scary considering I have a few friends and relatives that live in Toronto and in that North York area. I hope you're doing alright too, Slowpoke.

You're Canadian? :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/24/18 at 10:48 pm

You're Canadian? :o

No, I live in California. I have relatives who are Canadian though, like my uncle.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 10:48 pm

And he's not a woman. His old account (the2001) made constant references to him getting bitches at parties and having Katy Perry's and Pitbull's nudes and other strange fantasies. He's probably gone and deleted and many of them but Jordan/Infinity can back me up on the validity.

Wait, now I'm highly confused http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/huh.gif

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 10:49 pm

No, I live in California. I have relatives who are Canadian though, like my uncle.

OH OK O0.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 11:13 pm

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111175090/4267839-geordi_roll_lock.gif

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 11:29 pm

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ScientificInsistentAvians-max-1mb.gif

This thread has been unlocked.

WARNING: NO MORE INFLAMMATORY OR CONSPIRATORIAL STATEMENTS OR ELSE THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AGAIN AND THAT TIME PERMANENTLY.

Subject: Van Attack in Toronto kills 10, injures 15.

Written By: Dude111 on 04/25/18 at 9:52 am

Its good they got him!!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Howard on 04/25/18 at 3:16 pm

So your name is actually John? ???

Written By: Howard on 04/25/18 at 3:18 pm

Its good they got him!!!!!!!!!!

Did they shoot him dead? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/18 at 3:33 pm

Did they shoot him dead? ???
No, and the van driver accused of killing 10 people has been taken in by the police.

Written By: #Infinity on 04/25/18 at 11:14 pm

And now he's saying or implying this attack is a hoax. These incels/whatever he is are DISGUSTING.  8-P

I think there was photo he posted of a manicured hand trying to prove he was female, but even with that, something still never quite clicked about John Titor genuinely being a gal. I tried to keep my mind somewhat open, but the thing is, men pretending to be women is a rampant thing on the Internet – ask me I know, having attempted lesbian online dating. :-X

I never actually made the connection between John Titor and the2001 before, but it makes perfect sense in hindsight. I remember all sorts of weird threads coming out of that account, and the way both accounts have spoken, I suppose I'm not too surprised they're associated with an MRA.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 04/26/18 at 12:21 am

I'm sorry, but with all the disputes that said user has caused on this site, he/she would just be banned. It's a joke that they're still allowed to post on here.

Written By: karen on 04/26/18 at 12:07 pm

I wish you would leave your arguments and discussions abut the other boards on the other boards.

If you genuinely have evidence on here about any user behaving inappropriately then report them to the moderators (Cat or Chucky) otherwise shut up about it

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/18 at 1:12 pm

This whole thing was started by Slowpoke veering off the topic,  @BlackPanther should just lock this thread
it's just turning into a shouting match

I find it interesting that you seem to know that the whole thing was started by Slowpoke considering that this thread was locked AND edited BEFORE you became a member.

I don't want to lock this thread because some perpetrators think it should be. However, I am VERY close to banning a couple of members and if there is anymore of this childish nonsense I just might.

Now, play nicely!

Cat

Written By: That 2004 vibe on 04/26/18 at 1:18 pm

I find it interesting that you seem to know that the whole thing was started by Slowpoke considering that this thread was locked AND edited BEFORE you became a member.

I don't want to lock this thread because some perpetrators think it should be. However, I am VERY close to banning a couple of members and if there is anymore of this childish nonsense I just might.

Now, play nicely!

Cat

I have been lurking this website for the last year...  Surely you do realize you can view this website without being a member  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/18 at 1:34 pm

I have been lurking this website for the last year...  Surely you do realize you can view this website without being a member  ;)

I do. I also know that you have just signed up and already jumped into an argument that you weren't a part of in the first place. For being a new member, you are already on shaky ground because of that.

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/18 at 3:05 pm

Can this argument just stop please?

Slowpoke (when he comes back from his break) and John Titor should just move on.

Anyways, can this thread actually go back to the topic which is about the senseless tragedy that happened in Toronto.

Thank you!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/18 at 6:29 pm

Ok, enough!

Cat

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/18 at 6:36 pm

Ok, enough!

Cat

It's been a crazy and hectic 48 hours :-\\.

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/27/18 at 6:17 am

I haven't followed the story that closely, but the little I did read on it said he was part of the incel movement and as a teen he was afraid of girls to the point of almost panic.

Written By: Elor on 04/27/18 at 1:22 pm

he was part of the incel movement
So being too stupid to get laid is now a movement? Wow, I didn't know I was involuntarily part of something bigger...http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/bash-head.gif

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/28/18 at 6:58 am

So being too stupid to get laid is now a movement? Wow, I didn't know I was involuntarily part of something bigger...http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/bash-head.gif

Oh yeah. It's part of a larger collection of mens groups that some call the "manosphere." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manosphere Basically there are blogs and forums and other types of online groups that focus on antifeminist views, moan about how "oppressed" they are in today's society, and generally gather to wallow in self loathing and throw the pity party of pity parties.

Incels and love shies go hand in hand. Incel being involuntarily celibate due to no luck with women, and love shy meaning afraid to approach women.

Men Going Their Own Way are basically the ones who've given up and they avoid women at all costs. I wonder if that extends to those that are family?

"Nice Guys" also fall into the whole thing as in they pretend to be nice until the woman turns them down, when they turn hostile.

The whole thing is...crazy to say the least. Much overlap between the different groups too and extremely toxic. Read up on it if you want.

Written By: Elor on 04/28/18 at 7:39 am

Read up on it if you want.
No thanks, I think I'm good. ::)
I'll just remain the involuntarily single guy who doesn't kill people or hate on others for being in a relationship.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/28/18 at 2:37 pm

Oh yeah. It's part of a larger collection of mens groups that some call the "manosphere." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manosphere Basically there are blogs and forums and other types of online groups that focus on antifeminist views, moan about how "oppressed" they are in today's society, and generally gather to wallow in self loathing and throw the pity party of pity parties.

Incels and love shies go hand in hand. Incel being involuntarily celibate due to no luck with women, and love shy meaning afraid to approach women.

Men Going Their Own Way are basically the ones who've given up and they avoid women at all costs. I wonder if that extends to those that are family?

"Nice Guys" also fall into the whole thing as in they pretend to be nice until the woman turns them down, when they turn hostile.

The whole thing is...crazy to say the least. Much overlap between the different groups too and extremely toxic. Read up on it if you want.

So why turn to violence? It won't solve anything! ::)

Written By: Early2002 on 04/28/18 at 3:32 pm

UMM that is not what Men going their own way is lol  INCEL's are men who can't get laid while MGTOW is men who can get laid but chose not to get married  or get very involved with relationships, I think you are trying to confuse people here lol  You are trying to mix the disgusting breed of men INCELS with people who are MGTOW.

INCEL:

What makes an Incel an Incel is the fact that they want women but because they have very low sexual market value(SMV), no woman wants them.
There people have a hatred for women

MGTOW :

A MGTOW doesn't want marriage or a LTR because they fail the cost/benefit analyst, MGTOW's usually have moderate to high sexual market value, and most likely refrain from sex and focus on other activitys such as fishing, hiking biking etc,  unlike INCEL there people do not have a hatred for women

I did some research on the topic  and this guy was clearly a lunatic, I just finished writing a paper for school, about the diffrences
between INCEL & MGtow, a lengthy 6 page one lol, but yeah while writing this I have learned a lot about this whole thing.

12QInvCZowU

OrWq5AEOpiY

Check for new replies or respond here...