inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: All of these terrorist attacks are so sad , do you think they will ever end?

Written By: John Titor on 04/25/18 at 12:54 am

Such as the one in Canada with the van, so sad that a crazy person would run down those people,  every other month  its a new thing,
do you think this stuff will ever end? I mean Isis is done, but it just seems in the 2010s this stuff has gotten more freqent
to the point where it is not as shocking, Maybe its because we can see whats happening in the news more often, I don't
think we were this exposed to all of this back when there was no internet.

Subject: Re: All of these terrorist attacks are so sad , do you think they will ever end?

Written By: John Titor on 04/25/18 at 8:34 am

bump

Subject: Re: All of these terrorist attacks are so sad , do you think they will ever end?

Written By: That 2004 vibe on 04/25/18 at 8:55 am

I feel like the internet did play a huge  part in all this overwhelming news coming at us 24/7 it is just that NOW
we have the platform to see what is happening

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/25/18 at 9:19 am

I feel like the internet did play a huge  part in all this overwhelming news coming at us 24/7 it is just that NOW
we have the platform to see what is happening

Yep, that's exactly it.

BTW, welcome to inthe00s.com! :)

Written By: That 2004 vibe on 04/25/18 at 3:11 pm

^ Black Panther is one of my fav super heroes ;p

Written By: Howard on 04/25/18 at 3:13 pm

Such as the one in Canada with the van, so sad that a crazy person would run down those people,  every other month  its a new thing,
do you think this stuff will ever end? I mean Isis is done, but it just seems in the 2010s this stuff has gotten more freqent
to the point where it is not as shocking, Maybe its because we can see whats happening in the news more often, I don't
think we were this exposed to all of this back when there was no internet.

I really don't think we've seen the last of these terrorist attacks or mass shootings, it's like something new every day. ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/25/18 at 3:36 pm

^ Black Panther is one of my fav super heroes ;p

That's awesome! http://www.thecoli.com/data/emoticons/5/10b6170cdd0ba971dcf0a82aae4b3c4c.png?t=1483733550

Written By: HeyJealousy on 04/25/18 at 3:43 pm

Terrorism is so yesterday.

CNN is covering the “EARONS” serial-killer break to death. Get with the times, bro.

Written By: Dundee on 04/25/18 at 6:06 pm

Terrorism is so yesterday.

CNN is covering the “EARONS” serial-killer break to death. Get with the times, bro.
This is incredibly insensitive

Written By: HeyJealousy on 04/25/18 at 7:04 pm

This is incredibly insensitive

How is it “insensitive” for a major news outlet to cover a serial-killer case?
I think it’s insensitive to downplay and turn a blind eye to the serial-killer danger in the US.
Like it or not, those monsters walk amongst us. By covering these cases, you increase the possibility of justice being served for the victims’ families.
Stormy Daniels is NOT more important than this.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 04/25/18 at 7:06 pm

You’re more likely to fall victim to serial murder, then you are to be maimed and/or killed in an act of terrorism.

But for the media, there always HAS to be a bogeyman to draw in cash, improve ratings and keep the general populace in fear.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/25/18 at 7:44 pm

You’re more likely to fall victim to serial murder, then you are to be maimed and/or killed in an act of terrorism.

But for the media, there always HAS to be a bogeyman to draw in cash, improve ratings and keep the general populace in fear.

So you don't want the news to report tragic events? ???

Also, I only see Fox News (aka Faux "News") that is making terrorism into a bogeyman (in particular Islamic terrorism).

Written By: HeyJealousy on 04/25/18 at 8:11 pm

So you don't want the news to report tragic events? ???

Also, I only see Fox News (aka Faux "News") that is making terrorism into a bogeyman (in particular Islamic terrorism).

FOX News is particularly notorious for the blatant fear-mongering, hate-mongering and war-mongering going on.

They’re the Tommy Wiseau of journalism, except Tommy is probably a stand-up guy and not the kind to drink the reactionary NeoConservative kool-aid.

Of course, CNN and BBC and NYTimes are all guilty of similar tactics. Not to the same extent as FOX & Breitbart, but you can’t absolve them of their complicity in the elites’ “divide and conquer” agenda.

Now. Yes, I want the news to cover anything and everything that impacts a large number of citizens. From terrorism and mass murder to serial murder to natural disasters to environmental crises. But don’t exploit these tragedies to stir up unnecessary levels of fear, unrest and discord.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/25/18 at 8:14 pm

FOX News is particularly notorious for the blatant fear-mongering, hate-mongering and war-mongering going on.

They’re the Tommy Wiseau of journalism, except Tommy is probably a stand-up guy and not the kind to drink the reactionary NeoConservative kool-aid.

Of course, CNN and BBC and NYTimes are all guilty of similar tactics. Not to the same extent as FOX & Breitbart, but you can’t absolve them of their complicity in the elites’ “divide and conquer” agenda.

Now. Yes, I want the news to cover anything and everything that impacts a large number of citizens. From terrorism and mass murder to serial murder to natural disasters to environmental crises. But don’t exploit these tragedies to stir up unnecessary levels of fear, unrest and discord.

How are they exploiting the tragedies? ???

Written By: HeyJealousy on 04/26/18 at 4:03 am

Not this particular tragedy, so much as sensationalizing most tragedies period in order to draw in more viewers. More viewers means more profit and better ratings. It all ties into finances. Our “press” has devolved into “self-parody” territory as of late.
FOX News is the best example of this

Written By: That 2004 vibe on 04/26/18 at 10:55 am

exactly

Check for new replies or respond here...