inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: To All Board Members. Please Read!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/18 at 6:23 pm

I figured I will post this here because I'm sure most people who I want to read this will. I will move it to the TTT in a few days AFTER I'm sure my message has been read.

There has been WAY too much fighting around here. I am VERY close to banning a few people. I'm sure others without my patience would have banned these individuals already. So, I am going to give these people ONE MORE CHANCE! If I see another post that states that such and such did this or that on another board-that person WILL be banned! And if I see someone instigating an argument, they will be banned!

As for all this decadelogy crap, I see threads that I think are decadelogy but I leave them open because so many people have posted in them and I think if that is what people want to talk about, who am I to deny them that. But, if members think it is decadelogy, then DON'T POST IN IT! If I see a thread with only one or two posts, I will lock it. If I see a thread with 20+ posts, I won't lock it. I don't read every thread so I just go by the number of posts.

Again, if you think it is decadelogy DON'T POST IN IT!!!!

We like discussion and differences of opinion, but we need to keep it civil. We need to all act like adults here.

Cat

Subject: Re: To All Board Members. Please Read!

Written By: That 2004 vibe on 04/26/18 at 6:26 pm

I figured I will post this here because I'm sure most people who I want to read this will. I will move it to the TTT in a few days AFTER I'm sure my message has been read.

There has been WAY too much fighting around here. I am VERY close to banning a few people. I'm sure others without my patience would have banned these individuals already. So, I am going to give these people ONE MORE CHANCE! If I see another post that states that such and such did this or that on another board-that person WILL be banned! And if I see someone instigating an argument, they will be banned!

As for all this decadelogy crap, I see threads that I think are decadelogy but I leave them open because so many people have posted in them and I think if that is what people want to talk about, who am I to deny them that. But, if members think it is decadelogy, then DON'T POST IN IT! If I see a thread with only one or two posts, I will lock it. If I see a thread with 20+ posts, I won't lock it. I don't read every thread so I just go by the number of posts.

We like discussion and differences of opinion, but we need to keep it civil. We need to all act like adults here.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/26/18 at 7:02 pm

People did not LISTEN!!!! When you see decadology-DO NOT-I REPEAT DO NOT RESPOND!!!!

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!

Cat

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 04/26/18 at 8:46 pm

Got it ma'am!  :)

Written By: Howard on 04/27/18 at 7:55 am

Cat

Understood. :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/29/18 at 6:45 am

It might be a good idea to post a definition to the term 'decadeology' so that we are all reading from the same play book.

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/29/18 at 7:17 am

If you could just clarify, are you saying that you'll ban people who report others? Or is this referring to actual fights taking place in threads?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/29/18 at 1:00 pm

It might be a good idea to post a definition to the term 'decadeology' so that we are all reading from the same play book.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=46003.0

If you could just clarify, are you saying that you'll ban people who report others? Or is this referring to actual fights taking place in threads?

I was referring to a specific argument-which led to someone being banned. After this person was told to stop by numerous people they kept going. After I banned that person, we got hit with a couple of trolls-who I suspect was the person I banned. And right after I posted about not responding to threads, people posted in the troll threads.

My point is, if you suspect that a thread is decadelogy or just a troll-REPORT it but don't respond to it. By responding, it just gives people the encouragement to continue.

Cat

Written By: SmartBo1 on 04/29/18 at 10:30 pm

i think this thread is decadeology 

Subject: To All Board Members. Please Read!

Written By: Dude111 on 04/30/18 at 4:51 am

Decadeology can cause alot of problems.. I remember TAM hated it.... (Its like Politics.. Gets heated)

Written By: Wobo on 04/30/18 at 6:15 pm

Did AnakinSkywanker get banned for decadeology?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/30/18 at 6:24 pm

Did AnakinSkywanker get banned for decadeology?

He was gone by the time I came on today.

Cat

Written By: Wobo on 04/30/18 at 6:27 pm

He or She was gone by the time I came on today.

Cat

So He or She probably deleted their account maybe.

Check for new replies or respond here...