inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What are the perceptions of "Millenials" by Gen Z?

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/02/18 at 12:33 am

I really hate the word, but what are perceptions of Millenials (roughly those born between around 1980/1981 and the mid 90s) by Gen Z? State your current age and your perception. Also, what age do you (Gen Z) consider to be "old"?

I am 27 turning 28 and I dislike most of my fellow Millenials and identify more with Gen X and late phase Boomers more than anyone my age. I think someone is only old when they hit 75-80 years of age. 18-25 to me is young adulthood, 25-40 is adulthood, 40-67 is middle age, 67-75 is early old age, 75+ is old age; Anything beyond 80 is 'ancient.'

Subject: Re: What are the perceptions of "Millenials" by Gen Z?

Written By: ofkx on 05/02/18 at 3:22 am

I just find it ironic and hypocritical that some millennials hate older generations complaining about them and then they bash us Gen Zers :)

Written By: xenzue on 05/02/18 at 1:44 pm

I would comment but some people wouldn't consider me a Gen Z. Imma let the +2001 borns talk first.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/02/18 at 2:42 pm

Some Millennials think they are Gen Zers and vice versa.

Everyone born since about 1990 is considered to be a Millennial by the media anyways ;D.

Written By: duenas8 on 05/03/18 at 3:45 pm

Some Millennials think they are Gen Zers and vice versa.

Everyone born since about 1990 is considered to be a Millennial by the media anyways ;D.

By the media, even a 2002 born is considered Millennial

Written By: Dundee on 05/03/18 at 3:56 pm

they eat tidepods
like if u agree

Written By: batfan2005 on 05/04/18 at 9:22 am

By the media, even a 2002 born is considered Millennial

Actually one article defined Millennials as being born in the years 1981-1996, inclusive. My stepdaughter was born in 2001 and is definitely a Post-millenial/Gen Z. My perception is that Post-millenials idolize and emulate Millennials because many of the stars they like are Millennials. They seem to be a lost generation with little social skills and morals because their parents have very little interaction with them, since they both have to work in today's living expenses.

Written By: ofkx on 05/04/18 at 10:33 am

Actually one article defined Millennials as being born in the years 1981-1996, inclusive. My stepdaughter was born in 2001 and is definitely a Post-millenial/Gen Z. My perception is that Post-millenials idolize and emulate Millennials because many of the stars they like are Millennials. They seem to be a lost generation with little social skills and morals because their parents have very little interaction with them, since they both have to work in today's living expenses.

As a Gen Zer, I can positively say that this is BS. If anything, we have even MORE social skills since social media allows us to talk to much more people than previous generations.
Also, I have yet to see any Gen Zers idolize Millennials. If anything, a lot of us actually hate them.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 05/04/18 at 10:35 am

As a Gen Zer, I can positively say that this is BS. If anything, we have even MORE social skills since social media allows us to talk to much more people than previous generations.
Also, I have yet to see any Gen Zers idolize Millennials. If anything, a lot of us actually hate them.

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Written By: SmartBo1 on 05/04/18 at 12:09 pm

Even though I disagree with his claims on social skills and morals, batfan is definitely right about members of Gen Z idolizing Millennials. There are so many internet personalities that are idolized. Also, I RARELY ever hear members of Gen Z complain about Millennials. Its usually Gen X, Boomers, or other Millennials that do the complaining.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/04/18 at 1:03 pm

Baby Boomers and Gen Xers think that anyone born after 1989 is a "Millennial" (that includes people born in the 2000s & 2010s).

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/04/18 at 3:35 pm

Baby Boomers and Gen Xers think that anyone born after 1989 is a "Millennial" (that includes people born in the 2000s & 2010s).
If you look at the threads here from 2006 Gen Xers used to think all 80s borns were Gen Y. The generational discussion was big back then as well.

Written By: ofkx on 05/04/18 at 3:39 pm

Yeah, basically anyone under 30 is a Millennial, even month old babies ;D.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/04/18 at 3:41 pm

If you look at the threads here from 2006 Gen Xers used to think all 80s borns were Gen Y. The generational discussion was big back then as well.

True.

Yeah, basically anyone under 30 is a Millennial, even month old babies ;D.

Yeah, basically.

Written By: Dundee on 05/04/18 at 5:37 pm

Dang, you're a very snooty stepfather, aren't you.

Written By: deloresthegreat on 05/04/18 at 6:25 pm

Gen Z, 2005-born here!  I like Millenials, and if I had to choose a side in the Millennial's vs. Boomers argument, I would choose Millenniall's. 

I haven't had much of a chance to interact with Millennial in my day to day life (my older brother, December 1999 born, is close to being a Millennial,) since the majority are either finishing up college or adults who generally wouldn't be parents of someone my age (I'm 13,) but based on my interactions with them I like them!  I think a lot of people from my generation (or rather those of us who are not in college yet,) blame the economy on Boomers as much as Millenniall's do, but we all want to raise the economy back up.  I've met some Gen Z kids who feel that Millennial's entirely lack a sense of humor in comparison to us, and I think that we're at a point in this decade where it's becoming VERY easy to see the difference between Millennial's and Gen Z.  You'll notice it if you talk to a teenager and compare that conversation to one you might have with a 25-year old.

Written By: duenas8 on 05/05/18 at 2:04 pm

More social tools don’t mean better social skills IRL, actually it gets worse with new ways of communication that replace them

Written By: xenzue on 05/05/18 at 10:53 pm

Millenial humor vs Gen Z humor is in completely different in my experience. Even the memes are different, it becomes evident when you go on Twitter or Instagram that there is already a generational gap comparing a 18 year old's sense of humor with that of a 29 year old. I don't know how to explain it it's just obvious. Maybe I'm alone on this.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/06/18 at 12:33 am

As someone who's on the cusp between both generations I must say that when I'm around core Millennials I feel younger but when I'm around core Gen Zers I feel older.  Most mid-90s borns would say their millennials whereas late 90s borns are probably in the middle. Almost all early 2000s borns would say there Gen Zers.

Check for new replies or respond here...