inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Youngest teacher you had?

Written By: Star Struck on 05/04/18 at 2:30 pm

Random question, but who was the youngest teacher you had? The youngest teacher I had is actually the one I have now. My Gothic and Medieval Arts teacher is only 25 turning 26 in a couple months! Being 23, it made me realize how I'm getting older because they're people my age or a little older just entering their careers. Another was my 6th grade teacher. Actually, when he started first teaching at my elementary school, I think he was 22 or 23.

Subject: Re: Youngest teacher you had?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/04/18 at 2:40 pm

When I was at school, it was consider impolite to ask for the age of teachers, so we never knew the exact age for those concern. Probably by now, all of my teachers have now gone.

Written By: Wobo on 05/04/18 at 3:09 pm

I had a science teacher she looked young but i don't know her age.
And another teacher who was born in '91

Written By: violet_shy on 05/04/18 at 3:12 pm

All of my teachers were fairly young. I remember the oldest teacher I had she was 96. She was actually a substitute teacher but was really nice to me. One day when I was in 10th grade that was in 1995, my classmates were giving me a hard time ::). And she called me aside and told me not to cry. Anyway I'm sure she has passed away by now. I don't remember her name.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/04/18 at 3:22 pm

If we're talking about K-12, then it was my Spanish II teacher born in 1982 when I was a sophomore in high school, and she was 29 (didn't turn 30 'til later that year), and she was a tall, FINE looking Colombian Latina. She was taller than me wearing high heels all the time and I was 5'10. Really fun entertaining class; made a lot of friends in there throughout the semester.

The youngest age teacher I had was my 6th grade math teacher born in 1980, and she was 27 and 28 throughout the year. Still keep in contact with her on Facebook today with a whole family and kids now. Since I was good in math she was fun for me but not fun for everybody lol. I hated 6th grade so much with all the immature drama going on, including most of my teachers who were mean except for this one. Having her made my day so much better.

Written By: ofkx on 05/04/18 at 3:30 pm

Age or birth year? I had a teacher in 3rd grade (2010-2011) who was 24, which means he was born in either 1986 or 1987. But I had another teacher last year who was 27, born in 1990.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/04/18 at 3:30 pm

I am not sure but I think about 24 or 25.

Cat

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/04/18 at 3:32 pm

I had a lot of young teachers in high school, but the youngest teacher I had was my biology teacher who was born in 1990.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 05/04/18 at 5:02 pm

I'm 16 in Class of 2020. Generally speaking, an 80's or 90's born teacher is generally young. In middle school, which for me was August 2013 to May 2016, I had a 1982 born teacher who was known as the cool teacher and was laid back for the most part, hell, he even had my 1995 born older brother in the 2009-2010 school year. I also had two late 80's born teachers who were female, we were in 8th grade, and they weren't completely parental figures to us, in fact, it was damn near impossible for them to get control over us.

In my high school, the digital design teacher is fairly young, he high school graduated in 2013, so he's the same age as my older brother (born in 1995.) My older brother went to the same high school I go to know, and was also in digital design, but I'm not, and obviously, there was a different digital design teacher at the time.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 05/04/18 at 5:06 pm

My freshman religion/theology teacher was born in 1990.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/05/18 at 2:51 pm

I've had at least one teacher in high school that was born in 1994.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 05/05/18 at 3:40 pm

Math teacher and Financial Lit teacher, both of them were born 1990.

I've had at least one teacher in high school that was born in 1994.

Damn. I'm only a grade older than you, and people born in (late) 1994 were still there attending high school when I was a freshmen! Was he an assistant?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/05/18 at 6:11 pm

Damn. I'm only a grade older than you, and people born in (late) 1994 were still there attending high school when I was a freshmen! Was he an assistant?

He was an actual teacher. It was in my senior year (2016-17) in high school and it was his very first time teaching, he graduated from Brown University earlier in 2016.

He's like the smart, preppy type guy, lol. He was my Government & Economics teacher.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 05/05/18 at 7:09 pm

The digital design teacher at my high school graduated in 2013.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 05/05/18 at 8:12 pm

Probably my 9th grade Brit Lit teacher, Mr. Augustine. He was like 29 when I had his class.
I hated Brit Lit.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/06/18 at 5:03 am

The youngest two were 25. One in 7th grade science, the other in 9th grade history.

Written By: aja675 on 05/06/18 at 1:22 pm

Oh, I went to this school in 2008-2010 where many of the teachers were only 21-23. As you could probs guess, it often led to MTV reality show-esque drama.  :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/06/18 at 1:26 pm

Oh, I went to this school in 2008-2010 where many of the teachers were only 21-23. As you could probs guess, it often led to MTV reality show-esque drama.  :D

Like? :o

Written By: Star Struck on 05/10/18 at 2:09 am

When I was at school, it was consider impolite to ask for the age of teachers, so we never knew the exact age for those concern. Probably by now, all of my teachers have now gone.

Sorry for the very late reply. I've been very busy with work lately. Yeah, none of the teachers I knew during elementary don't work there anymore. The same goes for junior high. High School on the other hand, there are some teachers I know that still work there. Actually, some of the teachers I had in high school, used to teach at my junior high.

Written By: Star Struck on 05/10/18 at 2:11 am

I had a science teacher she looked young but i don't know her age.
And another teacher who was born in '91

I had a biology teacher in 9th grade who looked really young. She said it was her second year teaching at my junior high, so I thought she was probably in her mid 20s or something at the time. That was almost 10 years ago. She's in her mid 30s by now :P

Written By: Star Struck on 05/10/18 at 2:15 am

If we're talking about K-12, then it was my Spanish II teacher born in 1982 when I was a sophomore in high school, and she was 29 (didn't turn 30 'til later that year), and she was a tall, FINE looking Colombian Latina. She was taller than me wearing high heels all the time and I was 5'10. Really fun entertaining class; made a lot of friends in there throughout the semester.

The youngest age teacher I had was my 6th grade math teacher born in 1980, and she was 27 and 28 throughout the year. Still keep in contact with her on Facebook today with a whole family and kids now. Since I was good in math she was fun for me but not fun for everybody lol. I hated 6th grade so much with all the immature drama going on, including most of my teachers who were mean except for this one. Having her made my day so much better.

Yeah, when I was in 6th grade, I had this teacher who started teaching at elementary around 1999 or 2000. I think he told me he was around 22 or 23 at the time. By the time I was in 6th grade, he was 28-29. That was 12 years ago lol So he's in his 40s now. When I went to visit him just recently, he couldn't believe I was 23 already. He said he remembered when I started school the same year he started teaching. God, that has to make, not only me, but him feel really old :D

Written By: Wobo on 05/10/18 at 2:59 pm

I had a biology teacher in 9th grade who looked really young. She said it was her second year teaching at my junior high, so I thought she was probably in her mid 20s or something at the time. That was almost 10 years ago. She's in her mid 30s by now :P

Yeah my 8th grade science twscher was probably born in the mid or late 90s i saw her facebook page and there was a photo of her in 2007 or 08.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 05/10/18 at 3:03 pm

Yeah my 8th grade science twscher was probably born in the mid or late 90s i saw her facebook page and there was a photo of her in 2007 or 08.

Nobody born in the late 90's could teach yet.

People born in late 1994-mid 1995 (HS 2013 graduating class) got their Bachelor's degrees last year, making them the last to become teachers in the 2017-18 school year.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 05/10/18 at 3:05 pm

Coincidentally, I believe that most of the Jersey Shore cast are around that age too (born from around 1985 to 1987).

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 05/10/18 at 3:08 pm

The youngest one I ever had may have been around 50. ;D

The teachers I had when I was public schooled were all older or old women. Probably would've changed had I stayed public schooled past elementary.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 05/10/18 at 3:09 pm

People born in late 1994-mid 1995 (HS 2013 graduating class) got their Bachelor's degrees last year, making them the last to become teachers in the 2017-18 school year.

Actually, there has to be some late 1996 to mid 1997 teachers. I had a teacher in middle school who graduated high school at age 16 and college at age 20.

Written By: Wobo on 05/10/18 at 3:12 pm

You really didn't have to go into context.

Written By: mjstudios97 on 05/12/18 at 12:41 pm

I'm not too sure about the ages of all the teachers I had. The youngest ones I had were all student or interim teachers in high school. I'd say around mid 20s.
Although, I remember my history teacher who is in his mid 40's had a girlfriend who was very young and was a teacher for a different school. I think she was only 22 or 23 when he was teaching me during my junior year. They both had the same qualities and interests even if they were far apart in age. I always find the big age-gap relationships to be interesting.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/12/18 at 12:48 pm

Maybe in her early 30s at best. Her name was, no joke, Ms. Cutie. Spelled like that. She didn't really teach, either. She sat with the lights off, assigned us busy work, and drank her water bottle. 6th grade, 2002.

Written By: Catherine91UK on 05/20/18 at 1:45 pm

One of my teachers was 25/26 when I was 10/11, but she had already been teaching for at least 2 years because I remember my neighbour being in her class when I first joined the school.

Check for new replies or respond here...