inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Canadian woman goes on a racist tirade

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/11/18 at 11:56 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/dennys-rant-victim-support-1.4657074

JQNgCUgdCis

Purely disgusting 8-P

Also, I think that Canada has a race problem that often gets masked under the "nice/friendly Canadian" stereotype. It could also be the Trump effect.

Subject: Re: Canadian woman goes on a racist tirade

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/11/18 at 12:58 pm

Racism definitely still exists. All it is, is just self entertainment.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/11/18 at 2:22 pm

Racism definitely still exists. All it is, is just self entertainment.

Self entertainment? ???

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/12/18 at 8:20 am

Self entertainment? ???

Self entertainment is dissing people for your own amusement. People also do it because it make them for better about themselves.

There's a lot of different meanings behind it.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/12/18 at 10:08 am

This isn't racism so much as it is bigotry and anti-immigrant xenophobia. Also, they're in a Denny's. Not a restaurant famous for its history of tolerant behavior. Not shocked.

Written By: LooseBolt on 05/12/18 at 10:11 am

They do say Canada is a couple years behind us US-ers politically. Trudeau was supposed to be their Obama, so maybe their Trump is waiting in the wings.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 11:04 am

This isn't racism so much as it is bigotry and anti-immigrant xenophobia. Also, they're in a Denny's. Not a restaurant famous for its history of tolerant behavior. Not shocked.

It is also racism lol.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 11:05 am

They do say Canada is a couple years behind us US-ers politically. Trudeau was supposed to be their Obama, so maybe their Trump is waiting in the wings.

Well, that's bad news for Canada.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/12/18 at 11:11 am

It is also racism lol.

People from Afghanistan (the video very clearly labels the man verbally assaulted as an "Afghan-Canadian) do not constitute a race, so, no, it is not racism. Your ideology states that there are only two races, white and non-white. That is not the case.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/12/18 at 11:14 am

People from Afghanistan (the video very clearly labels the man verbally assaulted as an "Afghan-Canadian) do not constitute a race, so, no, it is not racism. Your ideology states that there are only two races, white and non-white. That is not the case.

Keep in mind, Google's definition of racism isn't the only definition for racism. "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior." No, it's not just about the belief that one race is superior to another, there's so many other ways people can be racist, and that includes someone having a dirty attitude treating one specific race different than all others in a negative way. That's not being superior, that's out of hate. Having a negative attitude or an opinion about a color or their stereotypes out of hate is also racism.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/12/18 at 11:16 am

Keep in mind, Google's definition of racism isn't the only definition for racism. "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior." No, it's not just about the belief that one race is superior to another, there's so many other ways people can be racist, and that includes someone having a dirty attitude treating one specific race different than all others in a negative way. That's not being superior, that's out of hate. Having an attitude or an opinion about a color or their stereotypes out of hate is also racism.

So, Afghans are a race now? And it's funny how the definition of racism has changed in just a very few short years, being blurred with "prejudice", "bigotry" and "xenophobia" to essentially mean, "Any time a white person says something a non-white person doesn't like, it is racism." ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 11:17 am

My ideology? What are you talking about? ???

The woman in the video was calling them Syrian (when they're actually Afghan) and making fun of them for speaking Arabic and making fun of "their women". That is definitely racism.

C'mon. This isn't up for discussion.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/12/18 at 11:19 am

My ideology? What are you talking about? ???

The woman in the video was calling them Syrian (when they're actually Afghan) and making fun of them for speaking Arabic and making fun of "their women". That is definitely racism.

C'mon. This isn't up for discussion.

You're clearly a fan of a movie which, as one person (proudly) put it, "clowned on white people." I think it's pretty clear where you stand vis-a-vis people with less Melanin than you.

I'll say again, Middle Easterners are now a race? Syrians, Afghans, are a race now?

But, let's say the story was of a woman calling Greek immigrants (who border Turkey and share many of the same features, including skin tone, with Turks) "Arabs" and telling them to go back to wherever...I imagine that wouldn't be racism, right? ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 11:22 am

You're clearly a fan of a movie which, as one person (proudly) put it, "clowned on white people." I think it's pretty clear where you stand vis-a-vis people with less Melanin than you.

I'll say again, Middle Easterners are now a race? Syrians, Afghans, are a race now?

But, let's say the story was of a woman calling Greek immigrants (who border Turkey and share many of the same features, including skin tone, with Turks) "Arabs" and telling them to go back to wherever...I imagine that wouldn't be racism, right? ;)

LOL, I see what you're trying to do and it's not going to work.

If she mistook a Greek for an Arab then she is being racist. Plain and simple.

Also, remember that race technically doesn't exist. So does that mean that racism doesn't exist according to your logic? ;)

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/12/18 at 11:30 am

LOL, I see what you're trying to do and it's not going to work.

If she mistook a Greek for an Arab then she is being racist. Plain and simple.

Also, remember that race technically doesn't exist. So does that mean that racism doesn't exist according to your logic? ;)

I'm sure if an immigrant who was "white" (as in, of a group traditionally classed as white [IE Syrians and Afghans are due to their culture and languages classed as non-white) was being clowned on you'd stand up for them. Very much sure of that ;)

Races exist when it is convenient for others to try to make whites feel ashamed and hate themselves, and then race doesn't exist when it doesn't serve that purpose. Funny that.

And if you don't believe me about the ideology of that movie I can provide you with little conversations I sceenshotted where people were talking with pride and joy about how it was "clowning on white people and talking about how they steal our history and claim it as theirs" and how it was "definitely going in on them."

I dislike black supremacists and white supremacists equally, personally, but at the same time, I'm not gonna let someone talk down to me and attempt to "educate me" on the problematic problems of society like I'm stupid because I have less Melanin, ya dig?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 11:35 am

I'm sure if an immigrant who was "white" (as in, of a group traditionally classed as white [IE Syrians and Afghans are due to their culture and languages classed as non-white) was being clowned on you'd stand up for them. Very much sure of that ;)

Races exist when it is convenient for others to try to make whites feel ashamed and hate themselves, and then race doesn't exist when it doesn't serve that purpose. Funny that.

And if you don't believe me about the ideology of that movie I can provide you with little conversations I sceenshotted where people were talking with pride and joy about how it was "clowning on white people and talking about how they steal our history and claim it as theirs" and how it was "definitely going in on them."

I dislike black supremacists and white supremacists equally, personally, but at the same time, I'm not gonna let someone talk down to me and attempt to "educate me" on the problematic problems of society like I'm stupid because I have less Melanin, ya dig?

OK, none of this has to do with the topic.

Stop diverting the conversation and stop putting labels on me.

Written By: LooseBolt on 05/12/18 at 11:59 am

This is getting a little ridiculous. Yes, ridiculing someone of different ethnic origin than you for being that different ethnicity is racism. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 12:21 pm

This is getting a little ridiculous. Yes, ridiculing someone of different ethnic origin than you for being that different ethnicity is racism. It’s not a hard concept to grasp.

^^^

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/12/18 at 6:19 pm

Are African Americans discriminated against in Canada? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 6:32 pm

Are African Americans discriminated against in Canada? ???

*Black Canadians.

There is racism in Canada but most of it is directed toward Native/Aboriginal Canadians (in Canada, most natives are known as "First Nations").

There is of course racism against Black Canadians. However, it's not as widespread and culturally entrenched like how racism against Black people is here in America. Racism is culturally entrenched against natives, especially in the provinces of Alberta and Manitoba.

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/12/18 at 6:59 pm

Really didn't expect to see someone so idiotic on this forum tbh, throwing all those assumptions around and such. http://www.imgur.com/ZXdev.jpg @90s Guy

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 05/12/18 at 7:05 pm

*Black Canadians.

There is racism in Canada but most of it is directed toward Native/Aboriginal Canadians (in Canada, most natives are known as "First Nations").

There is of course racism against Black Canadians. However, it's not as widespread and culturally entrenched like how racism against Black people is here in America. Racism is culturally entrenched against natives, especially in the provinces of Alberta and Manitoba.

Yup, I have some Canadian friends from BC and was surprised to hear how they stereotyped the Native Canadians/First Nations there, it sounded so racist. I called them out on it, I guess they thought I'd be okay with their casual racism, because they started automatically assuming afterwards I felt that way about Mexican people in my area. ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 7:10 pm

Yup, I have some Canadian friends from BC and was surprised to hear how they stereotyped the Native Canadians/First Nations there, it sounded so racist. I called them out on it, I guess they thought I'd be okay with their casual racism, because they started automatically assuming afterwards I felt that way about Mexican people in my area. ::)

Damn, that's messed up. I'm glad that you called them out though.

I don't know why people feel the need to be racist. Seriously, why do some people hold so much hatred for an entire group of people? :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/12/18 at 7:19 pm

*Black Canadians.

Wouldn't they be African Canadians? 

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 7:27 pm

Wouldn't they be African Canadians?

No. In Canada, they are known as "Black Canadians". African-Americans is only a term used in the US.

Similarly, Black people from the UK are known as "Black Brits" & "Black British".

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/12/18 at 8:06 pm

No. In Canada, they are known as "Black Canadians". African-Americans is only a term used in the US.

Similarly, Black people from the UK are known as "Black Brits" & "Black British".

When I was in Windsor a few years ago I saw a sign pointing to an "African Canadian Cultural Center"

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/12/18 at 9:25 pm

When I was in Windsor a few years ago I saw a sign pointing to an "African Canadian Cultural Center"

That's an anomaly.

Also...Windsor, Ontario is right next to Detroit so that's another factor.

Written By: xenzue on 05/13/18 at 2:32 am

Really didn't expect to see someone so idiotic on this forum tbh, throwing all those assumptions around and such. http://www.imgur.com/ZXdev.jpg @90s Guy

That someone had the AUDACITY to claim that “black supremacists” are remotely the same as a white surpremacist. And peep how he says “ya dig”. They think they’re slick lol.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/13/18 at 4:05 am

That someone had the AUDACITY to claim that “black supremacists” are remotely the same as a white surpremacist. And peep how he says “ya dig”. They think they’re slick lol.

Hate in all forms is ugly. Neither white supremacy nor black supremacy should be welcome in society. One is obviously more prevalent and powerful in American society than the other, but neither one is healthy for society. As far as "ya dig" just how I speak. I was raised by Baby Boomers so some of the dialect from their era is natural to me. I don't think it's at all ignorant to feel that racism or believing your race is superior to another is a bad thing. But I also think twisting the definition of words is wrong too. There is racism and there is bigotry and there is prejudice and there is xenophobia. Related but separate things. If words cease to have meaning they have no purpose. The woman in the video is a bigot, a xenophobe and has prejudices against people she perceives to be "Arab." Does she hold racist feelings? Probably. But her actions weren't "racism." They were xenophobia and bigotry. I don't see why using the traditional definitions of words is so wrong.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/13/18 at 5:27 am

That's an anomaly.

Also...Windsor, Ontario is right next to Detroit so that's another factor.

It’s also home to the “Windsor Ballet”.

Written By: LooseBolt on 05/13/18 at 5:29 am

Still not seeing how xenophobia and bigotry are anything but similes for racism. They are, in effect, describing the exact same behavior. Sorry man, I think it was way out of line for other people to call you idiotic, but the truth of the matter is you are mistaken.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 11:02 am

Racism is "the practice of discriminating against people based on their race, national or ethnic background".

So, yes, this woman was 100% being racist. She excuses her racism as "I was just drunk". However, when people are drunk, it often reveals their true inner feelings. Even so, her being drunk doesn't excuse her racism and she claims that they were being racist to her but provided no evidence as to how they were were being racist to her.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/13/18 at 11:08 am

Damn, that's definitely racist. Honestly, I don't even think I would accept her apology tbh.

Written By: #Infinity on 05/13/18 at 1:02 pm

Yeah, her apology felt pretty half-hearted. She was just spewing generic excuses and sounded like she wanted to just brush the whole scandal off. I suppose it's better than shamelessly affirming your bigotry, but if alcohol and a crummy day can expose your filthy true colours, then you have quite a long way to go to prove you really no longer hold any racist grudges against people of different backgrounds on a subconscious level.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 1:37 pm

Yeah, her apology felt pretty half-hearted. She was just spewing generic excuses and sounded like she wanted to just brush the whole scandal off. I suppose it's better than shamelessly affirming your bigotry, but if alcohol and a crummy day can expose your filthy true colours, then you have quite a long way to go to prove you really no longer hold any racist grudges against people of different backgrounds on a subconscious level.

Yep, absolutely.

Written By: ofkx on 05/13/18 at 2:02 pm

Absolutely disgusting. I still can't for the life of me understand how people can hate others just because their race, ethnicity, or religion is different than theirs. This type of mindset should be eradicated as soon as possible.

Yeah, and she even blamed the victims in her apology.
She's not sorry about what she said, she's just sorry she got exposed.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/13/18 at 2:11 pm

Absolutely disgusting. I still can't for the life of me understand how people can hate others just because their race, ethnicity, or religion is different than theirs. This type of mindset should be eradicated as soon as possible.Yeah, and she even blamed the victims in her apology.
She's not sorry about what she said, she's just sorry she got exposed.

My Asian friend prodanny288 experiences racism at his school. He told me one time in 4th grade a group of guys told him to go back to North Korea, and someone even jokingly said to him "Where did you get your lunch from? Petco?"

Subject: Canadian woman goes on a racist tirade

Written By: Dude111 on 05/13/18 at 2:14 pm

She should be careful speaking out like that in canada ... THEY HAVE LAWS THAT LIMIT FREE SPEECH!!!!!!!!

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/13/18 at 2:19 pm

Still not seeing how xenophobia and bigotry are anything but similes for racism. They are, in effect, describing the exact same behavior. Sorry man, I think it was way out of line for other people to call you idiotic, but the truth of the matter is you are mistaken.

When words are tossed around they lose their impact and meaning. See for example how the words Socialist and Communist lost any meaningful impact as a slur when they were thrown at President Obama for eight years. A person can be prejudiced without being a racist. They can dislike a certain group or groups for whatever reason but not necessarily consider themselves superior to them. For example, I loathe, detest and abhor WASPs. I don't feel any sense of superiority toward them. I don't wish them ill; I just don't like them based on my experiences. That is a prejudice without a racist component. A racist may not generally hold xenophobic feelings, too. For example, a white person could feel they are superior to a black person but not dislike foreigners; they might dislike only Blacks.

I just feel a word should be used carefully. We live in an age where words are thrown around carelessly without regard for their meaning and it has been this way since 2009. Socialist, Communist, Nazi, Anarchist, depending on where you come from politically, those words don't mean what they're supposed to anymore.

Written By: ofkx on 05/13/18 at 2:24 pm

My Asian friend prodanny288 experiences racism at his school. He told me one time in 4th grade a group of guys told him to go back to North Korea, and someone even jokingly said to him "Where did you get your lunch from? Petco?"

That's depressing :-\\. The worst thing is, they think it's fine to say this kind of stuff, like they're funny or something. It's really sad this these type of situations still happen in 21st century.

When words are tossed around they lose their impact and meaning. See for example how the words Socialist and Communist lost any meaningful impact as a slur when they were thrown at President Obama for eight years. A person can be prejudiced without being a racist. They can dislike a certain group or groups for whatever reason but not necessarily consider themselves superior to them. For example, I loathe, detest and abhor WASPs. I don't feel any sense of superiority toward them. I don't wish them ill; I just don't like them based on my experiences. That is a prejudice without a racist component. A racist may not generally hold xenophobic feelings, too. For example, a white person could feel they are superior to a black person but not dislike foreigners; they might dislike only Blacks.

I just feel a word should be used carefully. We live in an age where words are thrown around carelessly without regard for their meaning and it has been this way since 2009. Socialist, Communist, Nazi, Anarchist, depending on where you come from politically, those words don't mean what they're supposed to anymore.

racist
/ˈreɪsɪst/
noun
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
synonyms: racial bigot, racialist, xenophobe, chauvinist

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 2:31 pm

Um...are you seriously comparing the usage of the words socialist & communism to racism? ???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/13/18 at 2:42 pm

Socialist, communist, Marxist, etc, are still used against anyone left of center.

People rationalize racism. They believe they have a perfectly valid reason for being racist. They have plenty of examples of why they should be racist. But since the 60s, it seems racists don't like being called racists. You may not have a philosophical belief backing up why you think something is inferior but you can still believe or feel a group of people is inferior in some way nonetheless.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/13/18 at 3:38 pm

Um...are you seriously comparing the usage of the words socialist & communism to racism? ???

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes, I am, in that all three words are terms thrown around very loosely nowadays. But I forgot. I should really mind my place. This is 2018. I need to be "educated" and spoken down to like a child even though I'm a decade older than you. But I guess every 18 year old kid thinks they know everything about the world.

By the way, I love the condescending emojis, nice touch, very Gen Z.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 3:44 pm

Yes, I am, in that all three words are terms thrown around very loosely nowadays. But I forgot. I should really mind my place. This is 2018. I need to be "educated" and spoken down to like a child even though I'm a decade older than you. But I guess every 18 year old kid thinks they know everything about the world.

By the way, I love the condescending emojis, nice touch, very Gen Z.

Claim that I'm being condescending but yet you're the one who's actually being condescending.

Also, I don't consider myself to be Gen Z. Anyways, I'm giving you a warning. Don't make another post similar to this one.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/13/18 at 3:48 pm

Claim that I'm being condescending but yet you're the one who's actually being condescending.

Also, I don't consider myself to be Gen Z. Anyways, I'm giving you a warning. Don't make another post similar to this one.

Probably for the best if I just don't post anymore. So a decade on a board I loved down the tubes because some guy doesn't like my opinions.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 3:53 pm

Probably for the best if I just don't post anymore. So a decade on a board I loved down the tubes because some guy doesn't like my opinions.

OK.

Written By: Wobo on 05/13/18 at 3:58 pm

I've seen videos like these were people go on racist rants like that. I saw one video where this guy called a black guy the N Word and the black guy punched him in the face.  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 05/13/18 at 4:04 pm

The 2010s board?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/13/18 at 4:09 pm

Isn't this sort of thread supposed to be in the Politics board? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 4:10 pm

Isn't this sort of thread supposed to be in the Politics board? ???

No, because nothing about this is related to politics.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/13/18 at 4:13 pm

No, because nothing about this is related to politics.

That's odd. I could swear I read a post about "Trudeau being Canada's Trump" or maybe it was Canada's O'bama.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/13/18 at 4:13 pm

The 2010s board?

No, I was talking about inthe00s itself. I used to be a member from back around 2009 or so called Rhett Butler, my computer crashed and I lost all m log in info (including emails). Back then I didn't write stuff down or back it up. I'm Italian. We get hot under the collar, say things we don't mean in the heat of the moment, and then breathe.

As far as the topic goes since technically I've been derailing it: It is an unfortunate incident and yet another petty moment of someone being hateful which will only further harden the hearts of people against each other. I feel bad for the guy, because no one deserves to be made to feel different just because of how they look or speak, even transcending ethnicity. The woman's apology was a non-apology or perhaps an apology where she didn't understand WHY what she said was wrong. She may well genuinely believe that there was nothing wrong with what she said and is using "I was drunk" to try to shut everyone else up. I don't know whether she deserved to lose her job over it (I'm not a fan of a person's views outside of the workplace being used to demolish their career unless they're a rapist or a Klansman or genuine Neo-Nazi or something) but she's not someone I would associate with personally. It is all around yet another brick in the wall between peoples. It is sad. It didn't have to happen, but, with the way things are going, expect more of this, not less, sadly.

Written By: Wobo on 05/13/18 at 4:18 pm

No, I was talking about inthe00s itself. I used to be a member from back around 2009 or so called Rhett Butler, my computer crashed and I lost all m log in info (including emails). Back then I didn't write stuff down or back it up. I'm Italian. We get hot under the collar, say things we don't mean in the heat of the moment, and then breathe.

As far as the topic goes since technically I've been derailing it: It is an unfortunate incident and yet another petty moment of someone being hateful which will only further harden the hearts of people against each other. I feel bad for the guy, because no one deserves to be made to feel different just because of how they look or speak, even transcending ethnicity. The woman's apology was a non-apology or perhaps an apology where she didn't understand WHY what she said was wrong. She may well genuinely believe that there was nothing wrong with what she said and is using "I was drunk" to try to shut everyone else up. I don't know whether she deserved to lose her job over it (I'm not a fan of a person's views outside of the workplace being used to demolish their career unless they're a rapist or a Klansman or genuine Neo-Nazi or something) but she's not someone I would associate with personally. It is all around yet another brick in the wall between peoples. It is sad. It didn't have to happen, but, with the way things are going, expect more of this, not less, sadly.

I saw the account, you have alot of smites  :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 4:40 pm

That's odd. I could swear I read a post about "Trudeau being Canada's Trump" or maybe it was Canada's O'bama.

Well, I don't know what post you're referring to but even so this isn't a political thread.

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/13/18 at 5:57 pm

You know how I'm a super cranky millennial? Well, there's something super gen z about you. 90s guy got that right.  ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/13/18 at 6:06 pm

You know how I'm a super cranky millennial? Well, there's something super gen z about you. 90s guy got that right.  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/13/18 at 6:12 pm

Seems to me that you guys are arguing, and getting nasty, over semantics.  Yes, words have meanings and also inferences.  I think some of 90'sguy's comments were off the wall in that they were distortions and I think that Black Panther got to hot under the collar.  Lets play nice children - and I'm old enough to say that to just about all of you

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 6:48 pm

Huh? ???

Written By: Slim95 on 05/13/18 at 8:46 pm

It's not very surprising, that sort of stuff happens everywhere. She was probably very drunk.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/13/18 at 9:04 pm

It's not very surprising, that sort of stuff happens everywhere. She was probably very drunk.

That's what she claimed.

Obviously, it DOES NOT excuse her actions (I'm not saying that you did, just making a general statement).

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/13/18 at 11:03 pm

Having grown up around alcoholics and having gone through a brief spate of borderline alcoholism myself I will say that alcohol doesn't make you say what you REALLY feel, necessarily, but just things you'd never say sober, perhaps things you feel, or perhaps just the freakshow of your subconscious.

I've seen people drunk hallucinating that they were in World War II and they were born after. So that can't relate to their real feelings lol.

When I get drunk I get nice and tell everyone all nice things about them but day to day I would never say it.

Sometimes "I was drunk" is an excuse to be a jerk. Sometimes, it's true, you say things you'd never say sober. The woman lost her job. Fair enough. I don't know her or what goes on in her head daily, and I don't think she should be socially ostracized permanently. She said dumb comments. I pity the ignorant more than hate them, personally. We have too much of a mob mentally in our society and we're heading in a dark direction where "wrongthink" has consequences. Now, you might say, good, vocalizing racist or bigoted things should be punished socially, but it's a slippery slope when you begin to socially limit speech. Maybe one day you'll say something someone else won't like and your whole life will be ruined for it.

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/14/18 at 12:12 am

Having grown up around alcoholics and having gone through a brief spate of borderline alcoholism myself I will say that alcohol doesn't make you say what you REALLY feel, necessarily, but just things you'd never say sober, perhaps things you feel, or perhaps just the freakshow of your subconscious.

I've seen people drunk hallucinating that they were in World War II and they were born after. So that can't relate to their real feelings lol.

When I get drunk I get nice and tell everyone all nice things about them but day to day I would never say it.

Sometimes "I was drunk" is an excuse to be a jerk. Sometimes, it's true, you say things you'd never say sober. The woman lost her job. Fair enough. I don't know her or what goes on in her head daily, and I don't think she should be socially ostracized permanently. She said dumb comments. I pity the ignorant more than hate them, personally. We have too much of a mob mentally in our society and we're heading in a dark direction where "wrongthink" has consequences. Now, you might say, good, vocalizing racist or bigoted things should be punished socially, but it's a slippery slope when you begin to socially limit speech. Maybe one day you'll say something someone else won't like and your whole life will be ruined for it.

Well, whatever that thing is, it definitely won't be a hateful tirade against a person's race or nationality.

Written By: Howard on 05/14/18 at 5:28 am

She must've drank too much so she probably said some things she should've not said and apologized later.

Written By: Wobo on 05/16/18 at 5:27 pm

Racism is "the practice of discriminating against people based on their race, national or ethnic background".

So, yes, this woman was 100% being racist. She excuses her racism as "I was just drunk". However, when people are drunk, it often reveals their true inner feelings. Even so, her being drunk doesn't excuse her racism and she claims that they were being racist to her but provided no evidence as to how they were were being racist to her.

Racism is just disgusting, recently a 13 year old black kid was kidnapped by a bunch of white supremacists in Houston and was beaten and they took his shoes and his phone. Hours later he luckily escaped to his parents. This is just terrible!

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/16/18 at 7:03 pm

Racism is just disgusting, recently a 13 year old black kid was kidnapped by a bunch of white supremacists in Houston and was beaten and they took his shoes and his phone. Hours later he luckily escaped to his parents. This is just terrible!

Wa? I haven't heard about that.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/16/18 at 7:12 pm

Wa? I haven't heard about that.

Me either.

Written By: Wobo on 05/16/18 at 7:28 pm

Me either.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2018/05/16/13-year-old-houston-boy-escapes-no-shoes-torn-clothes-abduction-suspected-white-supremacists/

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/16/18 at 8:09 pm

http://atlantablackstar.com/2018/05/16/13-year-old-houston-boy-escapes-no-shoes-torn-clothes-abduction-suspected-white-supremacists/

That's crazy. I haven't heard much about this story weirdly enough.

Written By: Wobo on 05/16/18 at 8:34 pm

That's crazy. I haven't heard much about this story weirdly enough.

It happened recently that's probably why.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/16/18 at 8:44 pm

"This is America" - Childish Gambino

Check for new replies or respond here...