inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How is your 2018 going so far?

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/14/18 at 2:38 pm

I know we aren't halfway through the year yet, but I wanted to ask how 2018 has been for you guys in terms of your personal life. Is it going better or worse than last year?

As for me, while 2018 is definitely not the worst in terms of my personal life so far, it has been a little bit boring, but that will most likely change as I will be going on a vacation this summer. I predict the summer of 2018 will probably change how boring this year has been for me so far. I wouldn't say this year is worse than last year for me, but it definitely isn't as a good IMO. But there's still hope. We have 7 months left until this year is over.

Subject: Re: How is your 2018 going so far?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/18 at 3:00 pm

OK

Written By: bchris02 on 05/14/18 at 3:22 pm

2018 has not been a good year for me personally and has been very different (almost the opposite of) 2017.  For various reasons, I've not been able to keep any of my New Years resolutions.  From family issues to health scares to dealing with homophobia to still being trapped in Oklahoma, I'm simply not happy with how my life is right now and there is little I can do to change it due to a stupid financial decision I made in 2014.  2017 was actually my favorite year of this decade since 2011 and was actually a halfway decent year, something I haven't had much of this decade.  I'm already kind of missing it.  I think 2017 will be a year I look back on with increasing fondness as time goes on.

Written By: antidote on 05/14/18 at 5:36 pm

It's going horribly. Both my worst and most boring year yet. I thought early 2017 was harsh to me, but I'm now looking back on that time with a lot of nostalgia, I guess because things have just gotten that much worse.  :D

I do like the music scene of 2018 much better than that of '12-'13-'14, so there's that.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/14/18 at 6:07 pm

2018 has not been a good year for me personally and has been very different (almost the opposite of) 2017.  For various reasons, I've not been able to keep any of my New Years resolutions.  From family issues to health scares to dealing with homophobia to still being trapped in Oklahoma, I'm simply not happy with how my life is right now and there is little I can do to change it due to a stupid financial decision I made in 2014.  2017 was actually my favorite year of this decade since 2011 and was actually a halfway decent year, something I haven't had much of this decade.  I'm already kind of missing it.  I think 2017 will be a year I look back on with increasing fondness as time goes on.

I'm sorry to hear that. I already kind of miss 2017, especially April-July. 2017 was the second-best year of my life. It was also a very good year for music.

Written By: Wobo on 05/14/18 at 6:14 pm

2018 has been pretty lame.

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/14/18 at 7:27 pm

It's going pretty well. Better than 2014 - 2017.

Written By: BornIn86 on 05/14/18 at 7:32 pm

It's going pretty well. Better than 2014 - 2017.

I'm with you on this one.

2014 wasn't so bad but I didn't like the overall atmosphere. 2017 was better than 2016 but my favorite years of this decade are still the first three.

Written By: piecesof93 on 05/14/18 at 8:28 pm

I'm with you on this one.

2014 wasn't so bad but I didn't like the overall atmosphere. 2017 was better than 2016 but my favorite years of this decade are still the first three.

Absolutely.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/14/18 at 9:10 pm

It's a little better than the 2016/2017 days, but still not too good.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 05/14/18 at 9:39 pm

Its been pretty good so far! I'm hoping that it gets even better as the year progresses.

Written By: GH1996 on 05/14/18 at 11:53 pm

Extremely well, 2018 has probably been the best personal year of my life. Been living in Australia for a year & I'm engaged, already planning on moving to the UK (most likely south east/west England or Ireland) when my visa runs up with my fiance. Also in the best shape mentally & physically that i've ever been which is nice, excited to see what the rest of 2018 has to bring.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/15/18 at 12:36 am

I'm sorry to hear that. I already kind of miss 2017, especially April-July. 2017 was the second-best year of my life. It was also a very good year for music.

The one bright spot for me for 2018 is the music.  I'm really liking music this year, even more than 2017.

I'm ready for this decade from hell to be over.  I hope to one day actually be able to enjoy my life before I die.

Written By: Wobo on 05/15/18 at 5:43 am

The only good thing about 2018 is that i'm graduating middle school (in 23 days)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/18 at 5:48 am

The only good thing about 2018 is that i'm graduating middle school (in 23 days)
O0

Good luck!

Written By: Howard on 05/15/18 at 7:05 am

Good Luck. :)

Written By: Howard on 05/15/18 at 7:07 am

2018 so far for me has been OK, nothing to complain about. I am looking forward to my vacation week towards the end of June.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/13/18 at 9:19 am

I wanted to update this thread since we are already more than halfway through 2018.

2018 was kind of weird because the early part of this year wasn't really the best time of my life. It was boring and depressing. May 2018 was that little transition from being boring to being a bit better. June 2018 was when I celebrated my 16th birthday and summer began, so things got a lot better and it was probably the best month for me of this year so far as of August 13th, 2018. I went to Georgia in July 2018 to see family and I didn't really enjoy it. That was easily the worst "vacation" I've been on so far, but I absolutely loved being in Georgia and looking at houses and trying out Waffle House. It was good.

Not much has happened in this month so far. This month basically feels like a "get prepared for school" summer month. It feels like the Sunday of the summer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/13/18 at 10:18 am

This year I am trying to improve my cooking skills, so far so good. Yesterday, Toad in the Hole, and today, Chicken Vegetable Pasta Bake.

Yummy!!!!!

Written By: Slim95 on 08/13/18 at 5:48 pm

Terrible. This was the worst summer I've had in a long time. Hoping fall of this year will be better as I'm moving out in September.

Written By: Wobo on 08/13/18 at 6:21 pm

Terrible. This was the worst summer I've had in a long time. Hoping fall of this year will be better as I'm moving out in September.

I rate my summer a 7/10 wasn't that bad, went to summer school and i did made some few friends in summer school which is a bonus. But this summer isn't the best and isn't better than Summer of 2017 and 2016.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/13/18 at 6:24 pm

Damn, sorry to hear that. Good luck with the moving though.

I rate my summer a 7/10 wasn't that bad, went to summer school and i did made some few friends in summer school which is a bonus. But this summer isn't the best and isn't better than Summer of 2017 and 2016.

Summer of 2016 was the worst summer of my life so far. Summer of 2017 was a huge improvement and I loved absolutely everything about it. I would go back to that summer in a heartbeat. The summer of 2018 was pretty decent. Not as fun as last year but nowhere near as bad as 2016.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 08/13/18 at 9:18 pm

My summer has been pretty decent. I haven't been doing much besides working and going to the gym. I actually like how chill this year has been.

Written By: 2001 on 08/14/18 at 5:03 am

Mid-winter (January/February) was really good. Went on a couple of domestic holidays and got some good work done.

Late winter (March/April) was when it was all starting to fall apart. I broke up with my ex and his friend committed suicide. It all culminated in the van attack in Toronto in late April where 9 innnocent people lost their lives. RIP.  :\'(

Then came the spring (May/June) I took a break from the Internet in May and spent more time with my friends and in nature. May/June was when I was picking up the pieces. Very memorable months, even if not perfect. It also helps that a close friend came back from studying abroad, I was starting to get lonely.

The summer has been amazing. I've been to so many places and tried out so many things, and my productivity has been sky-high throughout. I feel like I've found meaning in life again ;D

And it's not even over! I'm going to the UK (Wales+England+Scotland) at the end of the month. I'm really excited. :)

So far 2018 looks like it will have a strong nostalgic quality for me in the future.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/14/18 at 5:35 am

2018 is gonna my great, especially here at InThe00s. The boards are lively but we also have strong moderators who are cracking skulls and locking errant threads.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/18 at 6:17 am

It's all been fine so far.

Written By: Wobo on 08/14/18 at 6:49 am

The only good part i would say about my summer in 2018 is that i took a four and a half week break from inthe00s and made a few friends at summer school.
But so far this year has been good to me, high school is looking promising.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/18 at 7:35 am

Like I said in May, looking forward to my next vacation next week, just need some rest and relaxation since I've been working so much, feeling stressed. :P

Check for new replies or respond here...