inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Discord?

Written By: antidote on 05/15/18 at 12:27 am

How many of you use it?

I've noticed that it's just been getting more and more popular every year since its debut in 2015. 2018 is the first year where I've seen regular people at my school starting to use it. Definitely might end up becoming a staple of the late 2010s, unless it sticks like Reddit and ends up becoming more than the next AOL.

Subject: Re: Discord?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/18 at 1:06 am

Not me, never heard of it!

Written By: HeyJealousy on 05/15/18 at 1:15 am

I have. And I use it sometimes.
There’s an “Anything goes” mentality on Discord that is appealing to tech geeks AND the general population.
For now, very little in the way of censorship. Almost like a microcosm of the Wild West era of the Internet. Gory videos and otherwise controversial sh*t is being circulated there all the time, and the mods let it fly.
Well. I haven’t been on in almost a month. Maybe the mods are beginning to crack down. Hopefully not though.

Written By: whistledog on 05/15/18 at 1:17 am

I don't know what Discord is either, but I know that when I use my iPod, I have to use a diff'rent cord because dis' cord don't work right :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/18 at 1:28 am

I don't know what Discord is either, but I know that when I use my iPod, I have to use a diff'rent cord because dis' cord don't work right :D
Is it a younger generation thing?

Written By: whistledog on 05/15/18 at 2:47 am

I think so.  I try to keep hip on new things, but at my age, i think i need a new hip :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/18 at 3:19 am

I think so.  I try to keep hip on new things, but at my age, i think i need a new hip :D
In one sense, I am trying but cannot keep up with it...

Written By: Dundee on 05/15/18 at 4:11 am

Discord is a very nice app, perfectly crafted for discussions in big groups (such like cusual conversations between board members), archieving past messages without never deleting them unless the whole server gets deleted by its admin. You can also play and listen to music with multiple people thanks to the help of bots :). I've been using it since late 2016 and it's doing a very good job since. Before that I had to use Tinychat, which is such an ultra unconvenient server-based chatroom service  8-P

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/18 at 4:46 am

Discord is a very nice app, perfectly crafted for discussions in big groups (such like cusual conversations between board members), archieving past messages without never deleting them unless the whole server gets deleted by its admin. You can also play and listen to music with multiple people thanks to the help of bots :). I've been using it since late 2016 and it's doing a very good job since. Before that I had to use Tinychat, which is such an ultra unconvenient server-based chatroom service  8-P
O0

Thank you on the update on exactly what it is.

Written By: gibbo on 05/15/18 at 7:07 am

Official Dad joke territory...  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/15/18 at 7:08 am

;D

Written By: Slim95 on 05/15/18 at 9:59 pm

I use it.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/15/18 at 10:00 pm

Not me, never heard of it!

It's like Skype but way better.

Written By: Wobo on 05/16/18 at 6:09 am

Yeah.

Written By: Howard on 05/16/18 at 2:56 pm

I'm not switching, I'm keeping Skype.

Written By: Star Struck on 05/17/18 at 12:46 am

What exactly is Discord? I never heard of it until I was browsing YouTube and stumbled upon comments such as "who's here because of Discord". I'm so out of touch of what's hot right now lol

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/17/18 at 3:37 pm

Discord is an app for voice and video chat and text. It's purpose was it to be a gammers app, but people use it for other purposes.

Written By: Star Struck on 05/17/18 at 5:01 pm

Discord is an app for voice and video chat and text. It's purpose was it to be a gammers app, but people use it for other purposes.

Oh so that's what Discord is. Thanks! Sounds a little like Skype a bit, but from what I've heard so far, it's way better than Skype.

Check for new replies or respond here...