inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ThunderCats has been ruined

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/20/18 at 6:38 pm

2qi41rHz4ps

This is absolutely terrible 8-P.

What happened to action cartoons?

Subject: Re: ThunderCats has been ruined

Written By: mqg96 on 05/20/18 at 6:47 pm

As this point are we really surprised? This is the era of CN shows we've been in since TTGO premiered in 2013, and due to the ratings from kids today and the MONEY CN makes easily off these cheap shows, they've continued to make reboots and spin-off shows like this such as PPG (2016), Ben 10 (2017), Unikitty, JLA, and other failures. No original creativity. Remember when the Nicktoons were in a dark age from 2006/07 up until Loud House premiered, well, CN is suffering right now trying to find the next original series that will set the tone for their next era of shows that will become a huge success, just like Dexter's Lab, Foster's Home, and Adventure Time accomplished.

Written By: Wobo on 05/20/18 at 7:39 pm

I think it's cool.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/20/18 at 8:23 pm

I think it's cool.

That's because it's meant to appeal to people your age and younger.

Also, I don't think that you know much about the original or 2011 ThunderCats.

Written By: Wobo on 05/20/18 at 8:30 pm

That's because it's meant to appeal to people your age and younger.

Also, I don't think that you know much about the original or 2011 ThunderCats.

No not really the age group for a show like this is pretty much 5-12, i just like the fact that they're bringing the series back in a generic way and yes i do know about the 2011 Thundercats i don't remember watching it when it was on air.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/20/18 at 8:36 pm

The Voltron reboot on Netflix that's been successful, I guarantee 100% that series would have been picked up by Cartoon Network had action cartoons like Young Justice, ThunderCats (2011) and Sym-Bionic Titan been a lot more successful in the past. The classic Voltron animated shows have a history on CN back in the 90's Checkerboard Era, so CN would have been a perfect place for the reboot, but the Voltron creators knew if they allowed CN to have control of that in this day & time it would have failed and been pushed to horrible time slots just like all the other action cartoons with a more serious tone, longer run time, and more expensive animation. A couple years ago CN also declined a very serious tone SWAT KATS reboot.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/20/18 at 9:15 pm

No not really the age group for a show like this is pretty much 5-12, i just like the fact that they're bringing the series back in a generic way and yes i do know about the 2011 Thundercats i don't remember watching it when it was on air.

5-12. Well aren't you 13 lol?

Anyways, since you didn't watch the original or 2011 ThunderCats, I see why you don't really care strongly about this reboot.

Written By: Wobo on 05/20/18 at 9:16 pm

5-12. Well aren't you 13 lol?

Anyways, since you didn't watch the original or 2011 ThunderCats, I see why you don't really care strongly about this reboot.

I think it's fine also i just turned 14 two weeks ago.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/20/18 at 9:28 pm

I think it's fine also i just turned 14 two weeks ago.

Regardless, this is aimed towards people close to your age.

Anyways, this reboot is terrible and an atrocity to the original ThunderCats.

It's a spit in the face to us ThunderCats fans. They could have just created a new cartoon instead of using an old property.

Also, almost every cartoon nowadays looks like this and it's just another silly and lighthearted cartoon. Action cartoons are now almost completely dead.

Written By: Wobo on 05/20/18 at 9:31 pm

It's a spit in the face to us ThunderCats fans. They could have just created a new cartoon instead of using an old property.

Also, almost every cartoon nowadays looks like this and it's just another silly and lighthearted cartoon. Action cartoons are now almost completely dead.

k

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/20/18 at 9:35 pm

Action cartoons are now almost completely dead.

Really? You should take it to a hospital then and see if anything is wrong.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/20/18 at 9:37 pm

Really? You should take it to a hospital then and see if anything is wrong.

I should because it needs to be saved and/or revived.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 05/20/18 at 10:50 pm

I'd be fine with this existing if we weren't in the middle of an action cartoon drought (though I do think it looks pretty lame). I honestly don't care that much about it being a reboot/spin off. But, Cartoon Network's lineup is starting to look pretty boring and samey. Like, I'm tired of seeing comedic shows with the round/cutesy CalArts look.   

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 1:10 am

I'd be fine with this existing if we weren't in the middle of an action cartoon drought (though I do think it looks pretty lame). I honestly don't care that much about it being a reboot/spin off. But, Cartoon Network's lineup is starting to look pretty boring and samey. Like, I'm tired of seeing comedic shows with the round/cutesy CalArts look. 

I agree 100%.

Written By: Star Struck on 05/21/18 at 2:08 am

Come to think of it, why does almost every show on Cartoon Network today have the same style? Seriously, it's like CN is too lazy to use a different style. I think every style is trying to be like Steven Universe or Gumball.

Written By: Elor on 05/21/18 at 3:56 am

Come to think of it, why does almost every show on Cartoon Network today have the same style? Seriously, it's like CN is too lazy to use a different style. I think every style is trying to be like Steven Universe or Gumball.
Because it's dirt cheap to produce. The original Thunder Cats for example took a lot more effort to draw. This new sheet can be produced quickly as no effort has to be put into drawing that stuff. At some point (I think late 80ies to mid 90ies) those companies figuered out that small children don't really care much for well drawn shows and would watch the cheap stuff as well, regardless of how awful it looked. So they decided to cut costs and that's why we don't see new shows with the same drawing quality as the old ones any more.
Here is the intro of the 80ies Thunder Cats, just compare the drawing quality to the new crap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwGgwZSgZAI

Written By: duenas8 on 05/21/18 at 4:02 am

I’m not judging, but in the early 2000’s action animations looked more matured with dramatic plots and comic styles, now everything is childish with minimalist style.

That’s why I’m excited for Spider Verse movie, because they’re willing to make something different
ii3n7hYQOl4

Written By: Howard on 05/21/18 at 5:38 am

2qi41rHz4ps

What happened to action cartoons?

I agree that this version is stupid because I grew up watching Voltron and Transformers during The 80's and whoever decided to make Thundercats into an idiot needs to get his head checked. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/18 at 5:40 am

Saves me clicking on the video... ?

Written By: Elor on 05/21/18 at 6:09 am

Saves me clicking on the video... ?
Yes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/18 at 7:32 am

Yes.
It look badly (and cheaply) drawn?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 9:54 am

It's the "in style" now.

I don't know why they use it but it definitely appeals to hipsters and Tumblr feminists (no offense to feminists).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 9:56 am

Yes.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 10:02 am

Because it's dirt cheap to produce. The original Thunder Cats for example took a lot more effort to draw. This new sheet can be produced quickly as no effort has to be put into drawing that stuff. At some point (I think late 80ies to mid 90ies) those companies figuered out that small children don't really care much for well drawn shows and would watch the cheap stuff as well, regardless of how awful it looked. So they decided to cut costs and that's why we don't see new shows with the same drawing quality as the old ones any more.
Here is the intro of the 80ies Thunder Cats, just compare the drawing quality to the new crap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwGgwZSgZAI

Yeah, you hit all of the points. However, I think that it's also just general laziness. Cartoon Network executives also think that kids nowadays are "too stupid" to care and "too soft/weak" to want real action shows.

Season 5 of Samurai Jack was made using computers yet it still was drawn with amazing attention to detail and it wasn't simplistic. It looked like it was hand drawn.

However, ThunderCats Roar is just generic garbage 8-P.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/18 at 10:09 am

Yeah, you hit all of the points. However, I think that it's also just general laziness. Cartoon Network executives also think that kids nowadays are "too stupid" to care and "too soft/weak" to want real action shows.

Season 5 of Samurai Jack was made using computers yet it still was drawn with amazing attention to detail and it wasn't simplistic. It looked like it was hand drawn.

However, ThudnerCats Roar is just generic garbage 8-P.
Why not just repeat the originals?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 10:21 am

Why not just repeat the originals?

I don't know. That would be a good idea.

However, you're going to have to ask Christina Miller (Cartoon Network's President) about that ::).

Written By: mqg96 on 05/21/18 at 10:24 am

However, ThudnerCats Roar is just generic garbage 8-P.

That's why picked it up for our generation who grew up with it when CN was in its prime. No way in hell Genndy Tartakovsky was going to allow CN to ruin our beloved series. He quit CN after they cancelled Sym-bionic Titan so early due to "lack of toy sales" blah blah blah.

Written By: Dundee on 05/21/18 at 10:42 am

I think it's cool.
I agree

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 10:48 am

I agree

Why?

Did you ever see the original or 2011 ThunderCats?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/18 at 10:50 am

I don't know. That would be a good idea.

However, you're going to have to ask Christina Miller (Cartoon Network's President) about that ::).
Do we know her e-mail address?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 10:51 am

That's why picked it up for our generation who grew up with it when CN was in its prime. No way in hell Genndy Tartakovsky was going to allow CN to ruin our beloved series. He quit CN after they cancelled Sym-bionic Titan so early due to "lack of toy sales" blah blah blah.

Yep.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 10:53 am

Do we know her e-mail address?

I was being sarcastic ;D.

Also, her email is not available to the public.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/18 at 10:54 am

I was being sarcastic ;D.

Also, her email is not available to the public.
It should be! The public has the right to know!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 11:00 am

It should be! The public has the right to know!

You can contact Cartoon Network here: https://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/

You just can't contact Christina Milller directly though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/18 at 11:02 am

You can contact Cartoon Network here: https://www.cartoonnetwork.com/feedback/

there must a FB page... ?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 11:15 am

there must a FB page... ?

Yes but that's not where you contact them.

The link I posted is where you can contact them, if you want.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/18 at 11:18 am

Yes but that's not where you contact them.

The link I posted is where you can contact them, if you want.
We let her rest on her laurels for a while, and let her panic on it?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/21/18 at 11:19 am

We let her rest on her laurels for a while, and let her panic on it?
...or rest on her yannies?  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 05/21/18 at 2:05 pm

The creator of the reboot stated that he wanted to make the series like thundercats ever since he was a child i can't blame him.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 4:31 pm

The creator of the reboot stated that he wanted to make the series like thundercats ever since he was a child i can't blame him.

So I heard in the video, he should have done a much better job.

Also, why did you copy my post and put it in your signature? ???

Written By: Wobo on 05/21/18 at 4:33 pm

So I heard in the video, he should have done a much better job.

Also, why did you copy my post and put it in your signature? ???

Copypasta purposes.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 05/21/18 at 4:53 pm

I don't think this was a good idea. We just had a reboot on CN not even that long ago. I have feeling it's going to fail.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/21/18 at 5:16 pm

Copypasta purposes.

Why?

Are you posting my post on other websites? If you are, please stop and remove those posts. I don't give you permission.

Written By: Wobo on 05/21/18 at 6:00 pm

Why?

Are you posting my post on other websites? If you are, please stop and remove those posts. I don't give you permission.

No i didn't post it on other websites, i removed from my sig like you asked. 👍

Written By: Star Struck on 05/22/18 at 12:50 am

I don't think this was a good idea. We just had a reboot on CN not even that long ago. I have feeling it's going to fail.

None of CN's reboots have turned out good though. Maybe CN should leave the reboots to Disney and Nick since they know how to reboot shows the right way.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/22/18 at 1:15 am

None of CN's reboots have turned out good though. Maybe CN should leave the reboots to Disney and Nick since they know how to reboot shows the right way.

CN can just put the reboots on like they did with Samurai Jack.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/18 at 7:26 am

Yes, it does.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/22/18 at 11:03 am

They've turned ThunderCats into TumblrCats Rawr ;D.

Written By: Wobo on 05/22/18 at 2:05 pm

Lmfao.

Written By: Star Struck on 05/22/18 at 4:40 pm

Good one lol

Written By: Shemp97 on 05/22/18 at 4:43 pm

Remember when the Nicktoons were in a dark age from 2006/07 up until Loud House premiered,

2006/07 when El Tigre, Avatar, Catscratch, Spectacular Spiderman, Three Delivery and Wayside were airing? That was one of Nicktoons most acclaimed periods. The Loud House is a signal of a dying platform if anything.

Check for new replies or respond here...