inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: R. Kelly in Trouble Again

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/22/18 at 6:58 pm

Latest from the news wires, apparently legendary singer R. Kelly is facing yet more legal trouble.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/22/entertainment/faith-rodgers-r-kelly-suit/index.html

The plaintiff claims that Mr. Kelly plied her with booze and then sexually assaulted her some time over a year ago. The details are so disgusting that decorum and InThe00s terms of service preclude them from being mentioned here.

Then over the course of their relationship, which lasted about a year, he allegedly continued to humiliate her.

Worst of this is that she claims that he gave her a case of herpes.  :o 8-P

Subject: R. Kelly in Trouble Again

Written By: Dude111 on 05/23/18 at 12:21 am

Very sad :(

Subject: Re: R. Kelly in Trouble Again

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/23/18 at 1:32 am

Sad, but hopefully this time he won't escape justice.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/18 at 5:29 am

Sad, but hopefully this time he won't escape justice.

Well that s s a civil case and not a criminal one. So the worst thing that would update happen is he has to write a check. And of course, there's the herpes.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/23/18 at 11:16 am

Well that s s a civil case and not a criminal one. So the worst thing that would update happen is he has to write a check. And of course, there's the herpes.

The last time this happened with him, though, he didn't really suffer any social consequences. At least with MeTop, he could become persona non grata. That would be a form of justice.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/18 at 7:05 pm

The last time this happened with him, though, he didn't really suffer any social consequences. At least with MeTop, he could become persona non grata. That would be a form of justice.

Heck he was filmed urnating on a 14 year old, and people bought more and more of his records.  ::)

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/24/18 at 12:41 pm

Heck he was filmed urnating on a 14 year old, and people bought more and more of his records.  ::)

Yeah, I think it's different nowadays.
However, that's both good and bad. Like MJ. I believe MJ was innocent. But in today's day and age the mere accusation would end his career. I'm not saying perverts getting justice is a bad thing, but it is easy to accuse someone of something without any evidence. Like, let's say I'm a female. You and I happen to be in the same room at some point. Maybe we're on a date, say. Maybe I dislike you for whatever reason (could be something you said, or I just don't like you). 20 years later, I say (without any real evidence backing it up) that you sexually assaulted me. In the court of public opinion, you're guilty merely because you're accused, and your career is over.

That, to me, is the dark side of MeToo. People like Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby are obviously perverts - there's too much evidence and too many people accusing them - but in other cases where there's only 1 or 2 accusers, and the events happened over 30 years ago? I consider that dubious.

Someone like R. Kelly, who has a past history which includes undeniable evidence, becoming a social pariah? That's where MeToo works.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/24/18 at 5:06 pm

Yeah, I think it's different nowadays.
However, that's both good and bad. Like MJ. I believe MJ was innocent. But in today's day and age the mere accusation would end his career. I'm not saying perverts getting justice is a bad thing, but it is easy to accuse someone of something without any evidence. Like, let's say I'm a female. You and I happen to be in the same room at some point. Maybe we're on a date, say. Maybe I dislike you for whatever reason (could be something you said, or I just don't like you). 20 years later, I say (without any real evidence backing it up) that you sexually assaulted me. In the court of public opinion, you're guilty merely because you're accused, and your career is over.

That, to me, is the dark side of MeToo. People like Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby are obviously perverts - there's too much evidence and too many people accusing them - but in other cases where there's only 1 or 2 accusers, and the events happened over 30 years ago? I consider that dubious.

Someone like R. Kelly, who has a past history which includes undeniable evidence, becoming a social pariah? That's where MeToo works.

I hear you. Many, many years ago my father was the subject of a very specific accusation of this sort. It involved high school girls at the local bus stop on a particular day and time. (they had a grudge about my brother).  They made the accusation on the same day that the "crime" was alleged to have occurred.

Unfortunately for the accusers, my Father was in the car with my Mother who he was taking to work that day. And right behind their car was... the Chief of Police. Of course he had done nothing, did not have the opportunity to have done anything, and was in full view of The Chief.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if he had been driving alone that day.

The accusers got their asses handed to them.

Check for new replies or respond here...