inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So how big do you think The Incredibles 2 will be?

Written By: Star Struck on 05/30/18 at 4:16 pm

The Incredibles 2 comes out in just 2 weeks and I'm wondering how big do you think the movie will be?

Subject: Re: So how big do you think The Incredibles 2 will be?

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/18 at 4:18 pm

A definite hit with the kids, but what will the film critics think of it?

Written By: Wobo on 05/30/18 at 4:20 pm

It will just be in Happy Meals just like any other animated movie.
Edit: My 1800th post!

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/30/18 at 4:20 pm

I can easily see it doing around 1.3 billion.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/30/18 at 4:20 pm

It will just be in Happy Meals just like any other animated movie.
When the kids are fed up with Peter Rabbit?

Written By: Star Struck on 05/30/18 at 4:24 pm

I can easily see it doing around 1.3 billion.

I can probably see that too. A major hit with kids, but major nostalgia for adults.

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/30/18 at 5:00 pm

My girlfriend and I are going to see it opening day. She's 24, I'm 27, and she's been waiting for the sequel since 2004.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/30/18 at 5:26 pm

I can probably see that too. A major hit with kids, but major nostalgia for adults.
Yeah right, it's been 14 years since the first movie, similar to 13 yr time gap between Finding Nemo and Finding Dory.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/30/18 at 5:38 pm

It will make over $500 million.

I've very excited for Incredibles 2. I actually already created a thread about this movie.

The first one came out when I was 5, now I'm almost 19. That's crazy, they waited too long lol.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/30/18 at 5:39 pm

I've very excited for Incredibles 2. I actually already created a thread about this movie.

The first one came out when I was 5, now I'm almost 19. That's crazy, they waited too long lol.
Ikr, I still remember when the first one came out in November 2004.

Written By: Star Struck on 05/30/18 at 7:41 pm

My girlfriend and I are going to see it opening day. She's 24, I'm 27, and she's been waiting for the sequel since 2004.

Me and my friend are gonna see it. I'm 23 and she's 25. We're both very excited!

Written By: mqg96 on 05/30/18 at 7:42 pm

Way too long. The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie of all time. Beats Finding Nemo, Monster's Inc, Ratatouille, and even the Toy Story trilogy IMO although that's debatable. Honestly I think the Toy Story trilogy or the Incredibles could be tied at #1. My favorite Pixar movie I've had to wait for the longest compared to nearly all of the other Pixar movies that came out between 1995 and 2003

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/30/18 at 9:10 pm

I was 2 when it came out and now I'm 16. I surely don't remember it coming to theaters in '04 and I've only watched parts of it, never seen the original in it's full length.

WATCH IT!

It's a great movie! 8)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 05/30/18 at 9:16 pm

I think it will be huge! My friend and I are planning to see it when it comes out :). I enjoyed the first one, so the second one should be a piece of cake!

Written By: 90s Guy on 05/30/18 at 9:21 pm

I need to watch the first one as well. I was 14 when it came out so I wasn't seeing very many animated films at the time. Despite not having seen the first, the new one's trailer looks cool.

Written By: Wobo on 05/30/18 at 9:24 pm

I was only a infant when it came out.  ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/30/18 at 10:38 pm

Way too long. The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie of all time. Beats Finding Nemo, Monster's Inc, Ratatouille, and even the Toy Story trilogy IMO although that's debatable. Honestly I think the Toy Story trilogy or the Incredibles could be tied at #1. My favorite Pixar movie I've had to wait for the longest compared to nearly all of the other Pixar movies that came out between 1995 and 2003
Pixar was stacked with classics between 1995-2005. Once Cars came out that's when people started to become more critical of Pixar movies.

Written By: duenas8 on 05/31/18 at 6:25 pm

I wonder how will it be? I know it’s right after the first one, but maybe it will take place in 2018, instead of the 2000’s, like Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie, which was set in the 2010’s instead of the 90s/00s and they still have the same age

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/31/18 at 6:59 pm

I wonder how will it be? I know it’s right after the first one, but maybe it will take place in 2018, instead of the 2000’s, like Hey Arnold! The Jungle Movie, which was set in the 2010’s instead of the 90s/00s and they still have the same age

No, the time period is not changing.

It's still in the early '60s setting of the original.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/31/18 at 7:00 pm

Pixar was stacked with classics between 1995-2005. Once Cars came out that's when people started to become more critical of Pixar movies.

This is true, but IMO Pixar movies were still solid from Cars up until Toy Story 3. I didn't care for Wall-E and I never watched Up but I heard it was good. Ratatouille was amazing. Toy Story 3 marked the end of the golden age of Pixar movies then Cars 2 came out and that was complete trash (mediocre at best).

Written By: mwalker1996 on 05/31/18 at 7:12 pm

This is true, but IMO Pixar movies were still solid from Cars up until Toy Story 3. I didn't care for Wall-E and I never watched Up but I heard it was good. Ratatouille was amazing. Toy Story 3 marked the end of the golden age of Pixar movies then Cars 2 came out and that was complete trash (mediocre at best).
I never'd watched Cars 2 but I heard tons of bad things about it, but I'll say pixar movies have been constantly good since Cars 2 like Inside out, Finding Dory, Monster Universty,Brave and Coco.

Written By: bluedust on 06/04/18 at 6:09 pm

I think it will be huge. I wonder if it has the potential to beat Frozen.

Written By: 2001 on 06/04/18 at 6:10 pm

I've never watched it, I didn't know there was so much hype for it. $1 billion+? We'll see. :o

Written By: Star Struck on 06/05/18 at 7:30 pm

I think it will be huge. I wonder if it has the potential to beat Frozen.

I think it will probably beat Frozen. This movie is gonna attract such a big audience from adults who grew up watching the first one in theaters to new kids of this generation.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 7:33 pm

I think it will probably beat Frozen. This movie is gonna attract such a big audience from adults who grew up watching the first one in theaters to new kids of this generation.
Yeah right, simlar to finding Dory and Toy Story 3.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/05/18 at 7:37 pm

Lol it'll be like Finding Dory all over again. Will be a huge hit for kids who get to see a new Pixar movie and adults who grew up with the original. I'm planning to see it (granted, I'll probably wait a week later) hopefully with some friends.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 8:07 pm

Lol it'll be like Finding Dory all over again. Will be a huge hit for kids who get to see a new Pixar movie and adults who grew up with the original. I'm planning to see it (granted, I'll probably wait a week later) hopefully with some friends.
Which makes since it's been 13 years between Nemo and Dory and 14 years between Incredibles and Incredibles 2. The prequels came out a year apart. Nemo (2003) and Incredibles (2004).

Written By: Lizardmatum on 06/10/18 at 4:33 pm

I can't wait for it honestly. It's a sequel that was screaming out to be made because honestly I feel there's more to tell than what was in the original.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/10/18 at 4:56 pm

We have to wait for mid July for the release of "Incredibles 2" in the UK.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/16/18 at 12:33 am

I'm interested in seeing it. Niece told me it was great. Its a movie from the 2000s to.

Written By: ofkx on 06/16/18 at 7:50 am

Huh? Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, Monster's Uni, Inside Out, and Coco all came out after Cars and were critically acclaimed and are considered classics.  Cars didn't do anything to the studio. Pixar is still at its prime.

Written By: Looney Toon on 06/16/18 at 1:09 pm

Huh? Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, Monster's Uni, Inside Out, and Coco all came out after Cars and were critically acclaimed and are considered classics.  Cars didn't do anything to the studio. Pixar is still at its prime.

Yeah, Cars was merely just a bump in the road for Pixar. People becoming critical of them after just 1 movie sounds ridiculous since they're pretty much ignoring all the other good ones. Pixar is fine at the moment.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/16/18 at 1:13 pm

Pixar was still in its prime until Toy Story 3. Any movie after that isn't part of Pixar's golden age anymore. It's just like how Tarzan marked the end of the Renaissance movies.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/20/18 at 8:57 am

I forgot how fun of a move The Incredibles was. It goes hard with a balance of deepness. Hopefully the hype of the movie doesn't expire because I'm trying to be there with everyone.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 06/20/18 at 11:15 am

Pixar was still in its prime until Toy Story 3. Any movie after that isn't part of Pixar's golden age anymore. It's just like how Tarzan marked the end of the Renaissance movies.

Agreed. I think Toy Story 3 kind of book ended an era that started with Toy Story 1. I still think Pixar are great even today of course. But after Toy Stoy 3 when Cars 2 came out, I think they were no longer 'the studio that could do no wrong'.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/20/18 at 11:24 am

As of June 18th 2018, "Incredibles 2" has grossed $206.4 million in the United States and Canada, and $53.1 million in other territories, for a total worldwide gross of $259.5 million.

Check for new replies or respond here...