inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: High school in the early '10s vs. now

Written By: ofkx on 06/03/18 at 2:49 pm

Inspired by Rainbowz's thread ("inspired" but really just a copy ;D)
Early 2010s
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/annistonstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/d3/3d32c908-5331-5461-b62d-528b307c1379/5398b1989784d.image.jpg
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/annistonstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/46/746c7ffb-5ec8-5508-863a-5486b49eac5b/5398b175b9cf7.image.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RI6I4hNesbU/TMx12pFMFFI/AAAAAAAAAVM/CaOoMlmZW4c/s1600/DSC03331.JPG
http://spanish360degrees.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Spanish-4-class-Spring-2011.jpg
https://onedublin.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/csssa-class-of-2011-students.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqHtHEwbluY
http://bookshow.blurb.com/bookshow/cache/P4627284/md/cover_2.jpeg

2017/2018
http://www.northcolonie.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SHS-Honor-Grads-2017-Photo-web.jpg
https://www.westonschools.org/high/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/09/IMG_4903-e1504801099361-1500x922.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/847911393592569856/DlRpvzqz.jpg
http://tworivertimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NEWS-RBR-9.5.jpg
https://oswegocountytoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/MHS-Top10.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f3qwKydPh4

The fashion is obviously WILDLY different. Also, phones are still not allowed in my school but they don't enforce it nearly as much as they did in the early 2010s. My brother went to the same school I'm in now, and his phone was taken away for around a week in 2011 because he was caught texting in class, but they don't care as much now. Lots of kids were caught using their phone in my class but they got a warning at most :o. What other differences do you notice?

Subject: Re: High school in the early '10s vs. now

Written By: ofkx on 06/03/18 at 2:54 pm

Early 2010's high schools looked more mature.

High schoolers now look more clean and hipster-ish.

It's weird that high schoolers looked more mature in the early 2010s than now but middle schoolers are the exact opposite ???.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/03/18 at 3:07 pm

I was in high school in the early 2010s! From 2010 - 2013 so I've pretty much lived it all. If anyone has any questions, let me know. I would be shocked if it changed much. I remember there were some mature kids but also some who acted like children still. This was also the worst period of my personal life, so I wasn't really into teen culture at all as I was very depressed for the most part.

Phones in my school were fully allowed but there was absolutely no texting allowed in class. Many people still did it though. I wonder if teachers are more relaxed these days. They were super strict in my high school in the early 2010s.

Written By: 2001 on 06/03/18 at 3:12 pm

Was in high school in 2010. I'd be surprised if much has changed. Smartphones were already popular in the beginning of the decade. There wasn't Snapchat, Instagram or Netflix streaming though, but Facebook and Twitter were popular.

People talked about MLG/eSports, but it was in its relative infancy compared to today. Halo and Starcraft were the main games.

People didn't take selfies though. Taking a selfie on a wide-angle 0.2 MP camera? Over my dead body!

Written By: Wobo on 06/03/18 at 3:13 pm

My brother was in highschool in the Early 2010s, i'm going to highschool in September of this year which i'm pretty excited about btw high school in the Early 2010s pretty much looked different looked more mature maybe.

Written By: bchris02 on 06/03/18 at 3:18 pm

My brother was in highschool in the Early 2010s, i'm going to highschool in September of this year which i'm pretty excited about btw high school in the Early 2010s pretty much looked different looked more mature maybe.

What is the dominant subculture in high school these days?  When I was in high school it was the Abercrombie preppy style.  I graduated right as it was shifting to emo.  From there is went to scene then to hipster (though that was always more of a twenty-something fad than a teen fad.)  My perception is that it's kind of gone back to that Abercrombie preppy look that was popular in the early 2000s.  It seems like young guys these days are very clean cut compared to a few years ago.  Am I right on that?

Written By: 2001 on 06/03/18 at 3:19 pm

I was in high school in the early 2010s! From 2010 - 2013 so I've pretty much lived it all. If anyone has any questions, let me know. I would be shocked if it changed much. I remember there were some mature kids but also some who acted like children still. This was also the worst period of my personal life, so I wasn't really into teen culture at all as I was very depressed for the most part.

Phones in my school were fully allowed but there was absolutely no texting allowed in class. Many people still did it though. I wonder if teachers are more relaxed these days. They were super strict in my high school in the early 2010s.

Phones weren't allowed in my classes in the late 2000s (2006-2008ish) but by the time we were in Grade 12 we were allowed to do what we wanted including texting, browsing the Internet etc. as long as we weren't being disruptive. (of course it also largely depends on the teacher).

Written By: Wobo on 06/03/18 at 3:20 pm

What is the dominant subculture in high school these days?  When I was in high school it was the Abercrombie preppy style.  I graduated right as it was shifting to emo.  From there is went to scene then to hipster (though that was always more of a twenty-something fad than a teen fad.)  My perception is that it's kind of gone back to that Abercrombie preppy look that was popular in the early 2000s.  It seems like young guys these days are very clean cut compared to a few years ago.  Am I right on that?

I'm still in middle school so i honestly don't know.

Written By: Emman on 06/03/18 at 3:28 pm

Sorry I don't see any difference at all.

Written By: Zelek3 on 06/03/18 at 3:31 pm

Teens at the time still liked rock music (as seen in the movie "Chronicle" at the time). Now it's not too popular anymore.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/03/18 at 3:56 pm

HS fashion for me was a mix of 2000s clothing (areo, A&F, etc), 90s influences styles  (bright colors, high top fades, parachute pants, spandex), and 2010s fashion (skinny jeans, snapbacks, fitted clothing, etc). You could pretty much where anything, it was awesome.

Written By: antidote on 06/03/18 at 4:24 pm

For a lot of guys, the whole "hypebeast" trend is pretty popular. If you want a general introduction to the type of fashion in hypebeast culture, I recommend going to Reddit and visiting r/streetwear. If you're a hypebeast, pretty much all you listen to is Soundcloud rap and maybe some other bigger rappers here and there. Younger hypebeasts are pretty into vaping, so it's like a huge meme and all to make fun of underclassmen hypebeasts who vape in the school bathrooms (yes, this actually happens). I'm pretty sure the term hypebeast itself is actually meant as an insult to these types of people but I have no idea what else to call them. Also, like 3/4 of them either part their hair in the middle or have the Meet Me at McDonald's haircut (I have no idea why it's called that).

For the "indie kids," it seems like going back to late 90s fashion is the current trend. Don't really know how to emphasize further on that since yeah, nearly everything about their fashion is just derivative of the late 90s. Also you'll find that Clairo, Tyler the Creator, Brockhampton, Rex Orange County, and a bunch of other random indie artists/bands are what these kids will listen to.

I'd say that both of these groups combined make up like 60% of my school overall. The other 40% still dress enough like it's the early 2010s to the point where they wouldn't stand out on a high school campus in 2011, although hairstyles are definitely different now and there's usually some overlapping of interests between the other 40% and the two groups I talked about above.

I do think it's a pretty cool time to be in high school right now. I started high school in the mid 2010s (I'm graduating a few weeks from now), and I feel like there was nothing really unique about that time period. No one in high school was actually acquainted with mid 2010s hipster culture, it seemed more to us like some college/young adult movement, so there weren't really any subcultures like the two I listed above that high schoolers felt like they could identify with. Nowadays the current culture seems to be tailored a lot more towards a high school aged audience. Many of the popular Soundcloud rappers are around 17-19 years old.

Written By: ofkx on 06/03/18 at 4:47 pm

Correct me if Im wrong, but I don't think vaping was that popular in the early 2010s? I think a third of my class vapes. They think it's edgy 😷

Written By: 2001 on 06/03/18 at 4:51 pm

Correct me if Im wrong, but I don't think vaping was that popular in the early 2010s? I think a third of my class vapes. They think it's edgy 😷

Oh yeah, e-cigarette technology as we called them back then were still in their infancy. I don't think it got popular until the middle of the decade.

Written By: antidote on 06/03/18 at 6:22 pm

I think I first heard about vaping around 2015. Wasn't until the 2017-18 school year that it really started to take off among mostly underclassmen. You won't catch class of '18 or '19 vaping in the school bathrooms, lol.

Written By: bchris02 on 06/03/18 at 7:26 pm

Vaping started to really catch on around 2013 or 2014 if I remember correctly but 2015 was the year it seemed like everybody was vaping.  I do know that back in the early '10s, cigarette smoking was a lot more popular.  I smoked back then myself.  It seems like the prevalence of cigarette smoking has dropped off significantly since around 2015, which coincides when vapes became popular.

One thing I was thinking of is it seems like people in the early '10s were a lot more carefree and less uptight about everything.

Written By: Dundee on 06/04/18 at 9:50 am

Oh yeah, e-cigarette technology as we called them back then were still in their infancy. I don't think it got popular until the middle of the decade.
They aren't called e-cigarettes anymore?  ???

Written By: wixness on 06/04/18 at 10:58 am

I tend not to think about high school too much, but I think in the early 2010s, emo would have still be around. Later on, it would go, and then, judging from online interactions, I believe that high school would now be a bit of a hostile place again in certain situations because of a backlash against political correctness. This may not be the case for other schools though.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/04/18 at 11:07 am

Vaping started to get big in my Junior year of high school, so circa Late 2012/Early 2013. It was everywhere by the time I was in college.

Vaping started to really catch on around 2013 or 2014 if I remember correctly but 2015 was the year it seemed like everybody was vaping.  I do know that back in the early '10s, cigarette smoking was a lot more popular.  I smoked back then myself.  It seems like the prevalence of cigarette smoking has dropped off significantly since around 2015, which coincides when vapes became popular.

One thing I was thinking of is it seems like people in the early '10s were a lot more carefree and less uptight about everything.

Yeah Pretty much this. I remember kids my age smoking cigarettes and crazier drugs mind you in early high school. The smokers/druggies in school would go to the local shopping plaza after classes to smoke.

Written By: 2001 on 06/04/18 at 11:12 am

They aren't called e-cigarettes anymore?  ???

I mean we didn't call it vaping.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/04/18 at 11:35 am

High School in the early 2010s from a technological standpoint wasn't really that different from the Late 2010s. In the early 2010s, especially by 2012, smartphones were already pretty common, texting in class wasn't as big as a taboo as it was in the Late 2000s (mainly because kids could easily finesse having their phones in class, the common excuse was "I was just searching up the answers in Google"), apps like Twitter and Instagram were already big, etc.

Snapchat just came out in my Junior year, but I don't remember it being very popular with my age group until College (around when they introduced stories). The main social media of my high school years were facebook, twitter, and instagram. Vine was big in my Senior year of high school, but it died down by the time I got to college (but I'm assuming high schoolers were still using it strongly).

However, culturally things were a lot more different. Artists like Lady Gaga, Kesha, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, and Rihanna dominated high school for girls. Guys, like myself, were heavily into Jay Z, Kanye (before he really fell off the deep end), Eminem (during his renaissance from 2009-2013), Kid Cudi, Drake, Two Chains, and 'The Carter IV Era' of Lil Wayne. Like Zelek said, Rock music was still prevalent, but mostly in the 2010-2011 timeframe, when Screamo and Emo music were on their last legs in popularity and notoriety. Thus the scene/emo subcultures lived on, I would say, till the Summer of 2012.

Many of those scene/emo kids became the forefront of the rising indie/hipster subcultures during the 2012-2013 timeframe due to the massive decline in the Late 2000s/Early 2010s era of Screamo and Emo styled Rock 'music' (you could tell I detested it ;D) and the simultaneous rise in popularity of the more indie styled rock music of the mid 2010s. By 2013-2014 everybody my age (including me) were heavily influenced by the hipster style; flannel shirts, Timberlakes, Chuck Taylors, Beards (especially with the Movember campaign), straight legged jeans (typically cuffed at the ankle) & Joggers for guys; high waisted jeans, 90s style 'Mom Jeans', crop tops, flannel shirts (as well), Nirvana shirts, and Yoga Pants for girls.

So in a sense, the major differences I notice between teens in the early 2010s and teens in the late 2010s are that the prevalence of subcultures were more entranced in the youth mindset in the early 2010s than it is now. Many of the stereotypical subcultures of the Late 2000s (Preppy, Urban, Emo, Skater, etc.) lived on for much of my high school years. The only difference was that from a technological standpoint, we were closer in relation to teenagers of today than we were to teenagers of the Late 2000s due to smartphones becoming standardized.

However, music in the early 2010s was in the electropop era, while nowadays seems to be a fusion of EDM (which was big in the mid 2010s, around when I graduated) and Hip-Hop music.

To give you a clearer example, I'll link videos describing the youth culture of 2012 and the youth culture of 2017:

2012:

Jc7THBTaiGc

2017:

mQJ9d69J2eI

Theres a notable difference in musical styles from just 5-6 years ago. The music of 2010-mid 2013 had more in common (stylistically & artistically and in relation to the popular artists at the time, etc.) to the Late 2000s than it does with the Late 2010s. Not to bring generationology into the mix, but you could say that the 2010-2013 era was like the last hurrah for Gen Y Era Pop Culture, especially in relation towards music.

So I'd say from a technological standpoint the early 2010s & late 2010s aren't that different. However, from a cultural standpoint (fashion, music, trends, etc.) it was pretty different.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/04/18 at 11:44 am

Before I graduated in 2010, people still noticeably had MP3 players. Even if I'm convinced they were non existent by 2011, I'm just trying to throw my 2 cents in.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/04/18 at 12:36 pm

So I'd say from a technological standpoint the early 2010s & late 2010s aren't that different. However, from a cultural standpoint (fashion, music, trends, etc.) it was pretty different.

I would say it's the opposite. The culture is very similar to me, however the technology has changed quite a bit. Try using a smartphone from 2011, it won't go very well when you have to squint your eyes on thr 640p display and wait 30 seconds for a page on an app to load. Not to mention no smartwatches and VR devices as well back then. The tech and politics have changed quite a bit, culture not so much. So many artists from the early '10s are still relevent today and fashion isn't even drastically different.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/04/18 at 12:50 pm

High School in the early 2010s from a technological standpoint wasn't that different from the Late 2010s. In the early 2010s, especially by 2012, smartphones were already pretty common. Texting in class wasn't as big as a taboo as it was in the Late 2000s (mainly because kids could easily finesse having their phones in class, the common excuse was "I was just searching up the answers in Google"), apps like Twitter and Instagram were already big, etc.

Snapchat just came out in my Junior year, but I don't remember it being very popular with my age group until College (around when they introduced stories). The leading social media of my high school years were facebook, twitter, and Instagram. Vine was big in my Senior year of high school, but it died down by the time I got to college (but I'm assuming high schoolers were still using it actively).

However, culturally things were a lot more different. Artists like Lady Gaga, Kesha, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, and Rihanna dominated high school for girls. Guys, like myself, were heavily into Jay Z, Kanye (before he fell off the deep end), Eminem (during his renaissance from 2009-2013), Kid Cudi, Drake, Two Chains, and 'The Carter IV Era' of Lil Wayne. As Zelek said, Rock music was still prevalent, but mostly in the 2010-2011 timeframe, when Screamo and Emo music were on their last legs in popularity and notoriety. Thus the scene/emo subcultures lived on, I would say, till the Summer of 2012.

Many of those scene/emo kids became the forefront of the rising indie/hipster subcultures during the 2012-2013 timeframe due to the massive decline in the Late 2000s/Early 2010s era of Screamo and Emo styled Rock 'music'. (you could tell I detested it ;D) And the simultaneous rise in popularity of the more indie styled rock music of the mid-2010s. By 2013-2014 everybody my age (including me) were heavily influenced by the hipster style; flannel shirts, Timberlake's, Chuck Taylors, Beards (especially with the Movember campaign), straight legged jeans (typically cuffed at the ankle) & Joggers for guys. Then you had high waisted jeans, 90s style 'Mom Jeans,' crop tops, flannel shirts (as well), Nirvana shirts, and Yoga Pants for girls.

So in a sense, the significant differences I notice between teens in the early 2010s and teens in the late 2010s are that the prevalence of subcultures was more entranced in the youth mindset in the early 2010s than it is now. Many of the stereotypical subcultures of the Late 2000s (Preppy, Urban, Emo, Skater, etc.) lived on for much of my high school years. The only difference was that from a technological standpoint, we were closer to teenagers of today than we were to teenagers of the Late 2000s due to smartphones becoming standardized.

However, music in the early 2010s was in the electropop era, while nowadays seems to be a fusion of EDM (which was prominent in the mid-2010s, around when I graduated) and Hip-Hop music.

To give you a clearer example, I'll link videos describing the youth culture of 2012 and the youth culture of 2017:

2012:

Jc7THBTaiGc

2017:

mQJ9d69J2eI

There's a notable difference in musical styles from just 5-6 years ago. The music of 2010-mid 2013 had more in common (stylistically & artistically and with the famous artists at the time, etc.) to the Late 2000s than it does with the Late 2010s. Not to bring generations into the mix, but you could say that the 2010-2013 era was like the last hurrah for Gen Y Era Pop Culture, especially in relation towards music.

So I'd say from a technological standpoint the early 2010s & late 2010s aren't that different. However, from a cultural perspective (fashion, music, trends, etc.) it was pretty distinct.
Damn! This post is an excellent essay on how high school was in the early 10s. You did good job man! The thing I wanted to point out though was the technological aspect. Smartphones may have become the standard, but other devices such as digital cameras and MP3s/iPods were still the norm during that time. Plus, the tablets, VR, and smartwatches weren't a phenomenon yet. I remember millions of people still using them and that considering the early smartphones weren't that advanced compared to the ones of today.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/04/18 at 1:07 pm

I would say it's the opposite. The culture is very similar to me, however the technology has changed quite a bit. Try using a smartphone from 2011, it won't go very well whwn you have to squint your eyes on thr 640p display and wait 30 seconds for a page on an app to load. Not to mention no smartwatches and VR devices as well back then. The tech and politics have changed quite a bit, culture not so much. So many artists from the early '10s are still relevent today and faahion isn't even drastically different.

Damn! This post is an excellent essay on how high school was in the early 10s. You did good job man! The thing I wanted to point out though was the technological aspect. Smartphones may have become the standard, but other devices such as digital cameras and MP3s/iPods were still the norm during that time. Plus, the tablets, VR, and smartwatches weren't a phenomenon yet. I remember millions of people still using them and that considering the early smartphones weren't that advanced compared to the ones of today.

I agree with both of you. I was just trying convey that smartphones were already pretty common by 2011-2012, but obviously smartphones have come a long way. In 2010, I remember Blackberrys still being very popular, with BBM being the iMessage of its day. The iPhone was rising in popularity due to the success of iPhone 4, but the operating systems of ios 4, 5, & 6 were still using the old school templates for their operating systems that were established by the original OS of the original iPhone, during 2010-2013:

ios 4
https://udger.com/pub/img/os_screenshots/iOS4.jpg

ios 5
http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Unified-iPod-for-iOS-5.png

ios 6
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/pt/archive/7/7f/20130224034156%21IOS-6-Screenshot.jpg

Starting with ios 7, which debuted in the Fall of 2013, ios began to go in a more minimalist direction, due to the rising competition with Android with their more minimalist templates for their operating systems:

ios 7
https://gigaom.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1/2013/06/ios-7-on-iphone-4.jpg

Apple has been using the template established by ios 7 since. I'm actually streaming this year's WWDC right now (they just introduced the new Group Facetime feature, thats gonna make flirting with girls kinda.... awkward.... to say the least ;D), and it seems ios 12 is going to continue using the ios 7 template. Although they did introduce some new concepts for Augmented Reality for various apps.

In the relation to wearable technology, smartwatches have also rose immensely in popularity. Apple Watch actually rose in usage and popularity by around 60% in 2017 alone.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/04/18 at 1:21 pm

I agree with both of you. I was trying to convey that smartphones were already pretty common by 2011-2012, but obviously, smartphones have come a long way. In 2010, I remember Blackberrys still being very popular, with BBM being the iMessage of its day. The iPhone was rising in popularity due to the success of iPhone 4, but the operating systems of ios 4, 5, & 6 were still using the old school templates for their operating systems that were established by the original OS of the original iPhone, during 2010-2013:

Ios 4
https://udger.com/pub/img/os_screenshots/iOS4.jpg

ios 5
http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Unified-iPod-for-iOS-5.png

ios 6
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/pt/archive/7/7f/20130224034156%21IOS-6-Screenshot.jpg

Starting with ios 7, which debuted in the Fall of 2013, ios began to go in a more minimalist direction, due to the rising competition with Android with their more minimalist templates for their operating systems:

ios 7
https://gigaom.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/1/2013/06/ios-7-on-iphone-4.jpg

Apple has been using the template established by ios 7 since late 2013. I'm streaming this year's WWDC right now (they just introduced the new Group Facetime feature, that's going to make flirting with girls kind of.... awkward.... saying the least, ;D). It seems ios 12 is going to continue using the ios 7 templates although they did introduce some new concepts for Augmented Reality for various apps.

In the relation to wearable technology, smartwatches have also risen immensely in popularity. Apple Watch rose in usage and popularity by around 60% in 2017 alone.
It's all good, but still you did a good job on your post. It's amazing how much has changed since 2010 especially in the tech world. It makes you wonder how advanced we will truly be in another ten years.

And when does that WWDC event take place?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/04/18 at 1:26 pm

It's all good, but still you did a good job on your post. It's amazing how much has changed since 2010 especially in the tech world. It makes you wonder how advanced we will truly be in another ten years.

And when does that WWDC event take place?

I agree and its going on NOW. Just go to the Apple website and you can easily stream it there.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/04/18 at 2:59 pm

Some highlights from the 2018 WWDC:

https://www.cnet.com/news/apples-wwdc-2018-smartly-sees-more-polish-than-jaw-dropping-changes-ios12-facetime-arkit-siri/

Written By: 2001 on 06/04/18 at 3:01 pm

Some highlights from the 2018 WWDC:

https://www.cnet.com/news/apples-wwdc-2018-smartly-sees-more-polish-than-jaw-dropping-changes-ios12-facetime-arkit-siri/

I've already watched Google I/O 2017 before but thanks for the link.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/04/18 at 3:15 pm

I've already watched Google I/O 2018 before but thanks for the link.

Fixed it for you ;).

Written By: 2001 on 06/04/18 at 3:28 pm

Fixed it for you ;).

The joke is Apple is one year behind :P

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/04/18 at 3:30 pm

The joke is Apple is one year behind :P

LOL. Yeah Apple has been playing catchup to Android for years now.

Written By: wixness on 06/04/18 at 3:57 pm

Teens at the time still liked rock music (as seen in the movie "Chronicle" at the time). Now it's not too popular anymore.

I miss those times.

Written By: Henf89 on 06/04/18 at 6:34 pm

One big difference is that Facebook was very much a social hub where all the social media interactions occured. Snapchat, Instagram, were in their absolute infancy and no one really used them much. Also social pics still being taken on digital cameras was quite normal as smartphone cameras weren't great like they are today. Its an incredibly nostalgic era for me (I was aged 14-18) from jan 2010 to december 2013.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/04/18 at 10:25 pm

Yeah I remember still using digital cameras and camcorders in the early 2010s and MP3 players/IPods. All of these things are combined into one on your smartphone now, and they are pretty high quality too. No need for portable gaming systems too, it can all be on your smartphone now.

Written By: 2001 on 06/04/18 at 10:35 pm

Yeah I remember still using digital cameras and camcorders in the early 2010s and MP3 players/IPods. All of these things are combined into one on your smartphone now, and they are pretty high quality too. No need for portable gaming systems too, it can all be on your smartphone now.

Delete this part of your post. Final warning. Thank you.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/04/18 at 11:12 pm

Lol I knew you'd hate that part.  ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 7:39 pm

Lmbo Slowpoke, I was saying the same thing 2013 when people were saying how mobile gaming will kill handheld gamming.Us Nintendo fans already know that as long as Nintendo is around there will always be a handheld market.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/05/18 at 7:51 pm

Bruh this post freaked me out I thought this was Chuckie or Catwoman about to perma ban somebody!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jM87u-eZ9F8/maxresdefault.jpg

https://orig00.deviantart.net/fb4a/f/2015/362/d/9/catwoman_special___razor_sharp_claws_by_overpower_3rd-d9lvn8w.png

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 8:01 pm

I'm glad I had it in the early 10s instead of the late 10s. It seems like the Wild Wild West now from what I've seen! :o ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 8:05 pm

I'm glad I had it in the early 10s instead of the late 10s. It seems like the Wild Wild West now from what I've seen! :o ;D
Ayee Easy E man. I know we probably haven't encountered each other yet, but i'm new here and I been reading your posts and you seem pretty cool.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 8:06 pm

Ayee Easy E man. I know we probably haven't encountered each other yet, but i'm new here and I been reading your posts and you seem pretty cool.

The name's Eric, and thank you for acknowledging my greatness. ;) ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 8:21 pm

The name's Eric, and thank you for acknowledging my greatness. ;) ;D
You welcome, I see you must be an Easy E fan. Easy E is a legend, it's sad he died. It's interesting that you were born the same year he passed away.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 8:22 pm

You welcome, I see you must be an Easy E fan. Easy E is a legend, it's sad he died. It's interesting that you were born the same year he passed away.

That's why I chose the name. ;)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 8:26 pm

That's why I chose the name. ;)
I was born the same day the N64 came out in Japan.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 8:38 pm

I was born the same day the N64 came out in Japan.

Mindblown! :o

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 8:39 pm

Mindblown! :o
And my name is Mario, so I'm a Nintendo baby thru and thru.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 8:41 pm

And my name is Mario, so I'm a Nintendo baby thru and thru.

yeah I saw your YouTube username!

I myself was a Nintendo baby until the almighty PS2 came along.  8)

Written By: Zelek3 on 06/05/18 at 8:43 pm

What's up Eazy. I haven't seen you in a while.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 8:45 pm

What's up Eazy. I haven't seen you in a while.

You can still call me Eric, Max.  ::) ;D
and yeah, I've been battling health issues the past month. :(

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 8:48 pm

You can still call me Eric, Max.  ::) ;D
and yeah, I've been battling health issues the past month. :(
Oh wow, hope your feeling better Eric :)

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 8:49 pm

Oh wow, hope your feeling better Eric :)

I fell MUCH better now, but my allergies have been out of control this year.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 8:54 pm

That's good to hear, hope to have you on a hangout someday.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/05/18 at 8:55 pm

Black Panther's older brother y'all hahaha!

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 8:58 pm

Oh really, that's cool. An East coast dude with a west coast rapper username.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 8:59 pm

Oh really, that's cool. An East coast dude with a west coast rapper username.

Actually a mid westerner. I identify slightly as a southerner due to my family heritage and the way I was raised. ;)

Written By: mqg96 on 06/05/18 at 9:02 pm

You think I resemble kilmonger a little bit, wow that's a new one. ??? ;D

I was actually talking about the user on this site. You remember TheReignMan99? His username is "Black Panther" now and his posts always remind me of a younger version of you! I created a thread awhile ago about the users on this site who'd seem like siblings or cousins. It was a lot of fun  ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 9:03 pm

Actually a mid westerner. I identify slightly as a southerner due to my family heritage and the way I was raised. ;)
Ok lol, I thought you and Black panther were actual brothers since there are quite a few legitimate siblings I see on the forum sites. What state you live in?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 9:04 pm

I was actually talking about the user on this site. You remember TheReignMan99? His username is "Black Panther" now and his posts always remind me of a younger version of you! I created a thread awhile ago about the users on this site who'd seem like siblings or cousins. It was a lot of fun  ;D

Aww I see. Shawn did kinda remind me a bit. ;D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 9:04 pm

Ok lol, I thought you and Black panther were actual brothers since there are quite a few legitimate siblings I see on the forum sites. What state you live in?

Missouri. Reason I identify as a mid west and partial southerner is because of how southern Missouri is. :o ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 9:07 pm

Missouri. Reason I identify as a mid west and partial southerner is because of how southern Missouri is. :o ;D
Oh nice, I guess you live in the St Louis area.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 9:08 pm

Oh nice, I guess you live in the St Louis area.

Yea in a suburb. I'm obviously a big Cardinals and Blues fan.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 9:11 pm

Yea St Louis have an intresting way of talking, Nelly definitely put yall city on the map.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/05/18 at 9:11 pm

Yeah, I know you were pissed that the Rams moved from St. Louis to LA which was wrong, but I do give that franchise credit for finally making the playoffs for the first time in 13 years, and y'all are a young team on the rise in the NFC West, but our Falcons beat you again just like the 2004-05 divisional round lol.

Also, are you also tired of Golden State and Cleveland in the NBA finals every year!  8-P

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 9:14 pm

Yeah, I know you were pissed that the Rams moved from St. Louis to LA which was wrong, but I do give that franchise credit for finally making the playoffs for the first time in 13 years, and y'all are a young team on the rise in the NFC West, but our Falcons beat you again just like the 2004-05 divisional round lol.

Also, are you also tired of Golden State and Cleveland in the NBA finals every year! 8-P

Yes, Yes I am. At least the NHL has different guys in there. I don't want the NBA to revert back to the 60s when it was the same franchises every year. I've been more excited watching hockey this year than basketball. Even though my Blues didn't make the cut. >:( >:( >:(

Written By: mqg96 on 06/05/18 at 9:18 pm

Yes, Yes I am. At least the NHL has different guys in there. I don't want the NBA to revert back to the 60s when it was the same franchises every year. I've been more excited watching hockey this year than basketball. Even though my Blues didn't make the cut. >:( >:( >:(

the Celtics and Lakers faced 4 times in the 80's but that was every OTHER year, different than the Warriors and Cavs going FOUR YEARS in a row I mean damn lol.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 9:24 pm

Ane the rapper Chingy.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 9:25 pm

the Celtics and Lakers faced 4 times in the 80's but that was every OTHER year, different than the Warriors and Cavs going FOUR YEARS in a row I mean damn lol.

Yup and you also had the Rockets and Bad Boy Pistons in there as well during the 80s.  But instead of a trilogy, we get the fourth bout that honestly I DID NOT WANT! >:(
I wish the Rockets hadn't choked. Despite the postseason issue, I've actually enjoyed the NBA MUCH more than NFL. I also enjoy  MLB, NHL, NCCA  more than NFL now.It's ridiculous, it isn't the same league that I fell in love with nearly 20 years ago. :\'(

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 9:26 pm

Yea St Louis have an intresting way of talking, Nelly definitely put yall city on the map.

Yes I myself has a bit of a southern accent when I speak. ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 9:28 pm

Yes I myself has a bit of a southern accent when I speak. ;D
Yea I can see, the word hair is pronounced Here. I always found yall accent pretty country. Even Nelly agrees with me Y5qKNlcUwKs

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 9:32 pm

Yea I can see, the word hair is pronounced Here. I always found yall accent pretty country. Even Nelly agrees with me
Y5qKNlcUwKs

Yup he was THE man during my formative years.  :) Nelly pretty much defined what it was like to be from these parts.  ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 06/05/18 at 9:34 pm

Yup and you also had the Rockets and Bad Boy Pistons in there as well during the 80s.  But instead of a trilogy, we get the fourth bout that honestly I DID NOT WANT! >:(
I wish the Rockets hadn't choked. Despite the postseason issue, I've actually enjoyed the NBA MUCH more than NFL. I also enjoy  MLB, NHL, NCCA  more than NFL now.It's ridiculous, it isn't the same league that I fell in love with nearly 20 years ago. :\'(

I'm glad the Patriots beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl this year and RAN the ball in field goal range unlike the Falcons did last year, but yeah, the anthem protest controversy is so annoying. How about the vets who suffer PTSD everyday or the vets who commit suicide? Are we really honoring vets just because of standing up for the flag? It doesn't matter if we're not taking action. The flag is just symbolism. One nation under GOD is the most important part to me, and if America represents equality and a chunk of America isn't being equal towards each other, then people have the right to protest or kneel. Tim Tebow kneeled during the anthem in 2011 for abortions and everybody was praising him then. Hmmmm America  ???

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/05/18 at 9:38 pm

I'm glad the Patriots beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl this year and RAN the ball in field goal range unlike the Falcons did last year, but yeah, the anthem protest controversy is so annoying. How about the vets who suffer PTSD everyday or the vets who shoot themselves. Are we really honoring vets just because of standing up for the flag? It doesn't matter if we're not taking action. The flag is just symbolism. One nation under GOD is the most important to me, and if America represents equality and a chunk of America isn't being equal towards each other, then people have the right to protest or kneel. Tim Tebow kneeled during the anthem in 2011 for abortions and everybody was praising him then. Hmmmm America  ???

I agree 100% about the anthem the whole point of it had nothing to do with disrespecting the flag or anthem, it was about making a point.
But the anthem isn't the reason for the decline of the product, it's because of the over saturation, commercialization, and watering down of the league. The games now are just like baseball games, but a little worse cause it's FREAKING FOOTBALL. It's not the fun, testosterone filled, cutting edge sport that a fell in love with.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/05/18 at 9:43 pm

I agree 100% about the anthem the whole point of it had nothing to do with disrespecting the flag or anthem, it was about making a point.
But the anthem isn't the reason for the decline of the product, it's because of the over saturation, commercialization, and watering down of the league. The games now are just like baseball games, but a little worse cause it's FREAKING FOOTBALL. It's not the fun, testosterone filled, cutting edge sport that a fell in love with.

and now coming into 2018 they're gonna start the process of eliminating kickoffs by changing the kickoff rule and you'll have to tackle differently too by not using your helmet. I see what you're saying though and I agree. I will always be a college football and NFL fan first. That's my favorite sport, and the best football recruits and NFL draft picks come straight out of Georgia too.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/05/18 at 9:48 pm

and college football was way better than the NFL the past season too.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 06/05/18 at 9:54 pm

Yup he was THE man during my formative years.  :) Nelly pretty much defined what it was like to be from these parts.  ;D
I bet, Nelly was a big part of hip hop in the early 2000s.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/06/18 at 1:03 pm

LMFAO

I thought I was the only one seen the resemblance.

Written By: wixness on 06/06/18 at 6:47 pm

I'm not sure if this has been widely reported on Western media, but I think something like this could have been the final nail in emo's coffin: https://web.archive.org/web/20120430073527/http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/03/10/199751.html

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/06/18 at 6:53 pm

I'm glad the Patriots beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl this year and RAN the ball in field goal range unlike the Falcons did last year.

I thought the Eagles won the super bowl this year. ???

Written By: ofkx on 06/06/18 at 7:30 pm

You know, my school still has a "no emo hairstyles" rule (yes, it literally says that) in the annual rules list they hand out even though emo's dead. Actually, no long hair is allowed for boys. I had this hairstyle when I was around 10 till I was 12ish and they used to tell me cut it but I ignored them till they threatened to suspend me ;D
http://hairstylesforone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/13-4.jpg

Written By: ofkx on 06/06/18 at 7:35 pm

Another thing that's different from early 2010s high school is that the most popular phones during 2010-2011 were Blackberrys, and iPhones were not as common as they are now.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 06/06/18 at 7:35 pm

You know, my school still has a "no emo hairstyles" rule (yes, it literally says that) in the annual rules list they hand out even though emo's dead. Actually, no long hair is allowed for boys. I had this hairstyle when I was around 10 till I was 12ish and they used to tell me cut it but I ignored them till they threatened to suspend me ;D

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: ofkx on 06/06/18 at 7:37 pm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Yep ;D. It's a private school and they REALLY care about appearance (but they're not as strict now).

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/10/18 at 7:53 pm

Also red hair among girls was popular during my high school+ years in the early 2010s.

Written By: xenzue on 06/10/18 at 8:08 pm

Does 2013 count as the early 2010s? That was my first year of High School. I remember the Harlem Shake being big, something like that wouldn't happen nowadays. Our school video did one and it was so cringe lmao.

I also remember Vine being huge, while snapchat was growing. We used to do dances like the do it like me challenge or hit the quan, though that's definitely more a mid 2010s thing.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/10/18 at 8:15 pm

Does 2013 count as the early 2010s?

Yes it does. The early 2010s lasted until April 30th, 2013. May 1st, 2013 was the first day of the mid 2010s. So 2013 is very well still considered an early 2010s year. Culturally it is definitely more early than mid imo but still quite a transitional year and a very unique year as well.

I always think pop culturally the mid 2010s began in around September/October of 2013. That's when you already saw a few trap songs pop up and music change from its unique 2013 sound (dominated by disco, electropop, and sounds that were only popular that year) to a mid 2010s sound that we are familiar with in 2014 and 2015.

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/10/18 at 8:27 pm

That's when you already saw a few trap songs pop up

How do you "see" songs?

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/10/18 at 8:50 pm

Does 2013 count as the early 2010s? That was my first year of High School.

Yes, 2013 is early 2010s.

Written By: ofkx on 06/10/18 at 9:04 pm

How do you "see" songs?

Echolocation maybe? lol

Written By: wixness on 06/10/18 at 9:08 pm

Your school sucks. Why would they make such a rule? Gender cops. Tell them that I will not send my children to that school. Unless you are being taught in military school or maybe even private school, I want it to be made illegal for them to do that.

Written By: 2001 on 06/10/18 at 10:31 pm

Your school sucks. Why would they make such a rule? Gender cops. Tell them that I will not send my children to that school. Unless you are being taught in military school or maybe even private school, I want it to be made illegal for them to do that.

You'd probably prefer my school: they banned facial hair (and this was in the 2000s) ;D

My middle school in the mid-2000s banned hair gel (basically a stop gap on the spikey hair trend at the time) and trousers that hung below the waist (against the low-rise jeans trend of the time). Nobody listened to any of those rules though.

Written By: Encoder319 on 06/11/18 at 12:47 am

Kids no longer using Facebook?

Written By: duenas8 on 06/11/18 at 1:58 am

High school in the early 2010’s be like
0sqb_C0x_Xo

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/18 at 5:24 am

Kids should not be on FB, there is a minimum age of 13 years old!

Written By: ofkx on 06/11/18 at 11:35 am

51% of 13-17 year olds use Facebook, down from 71% in 2015. 72% use Instagram and 69% use Snapchat, so yeah, Facebook is the least popular one. And if the trend continues, it'll be dead (for teens) by 2023.

Written By: ofkx on 06/11/18 at 11:40 am

Eh, it's not really that big a deal :P. They're not as strict now as they were then, and they let stuff like undercuts slide.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 06/11/18 at 1:35 pm

0sqb_C0x_Xo

Yeah Project X was huge with my generation (arguably our cohort's Mean Girls, in terms of popularity and cult status). The movie essentially set the precedent on how wild high school parties should be ;D.

Written By: wixness on 06/11/18 at 1:37 pm

Eh, it's not really that big a deal :P . They're not as strict now as they were then, and they let stuff like undercuts slide.

I still hate that barely any guys these days are wearing their hair long. The last time I saw this was back in the early 2010s. Now, most guys have a stupid haircut that looks like this or some variation of it:

https://exsecratus.com/wp-content/uploads/parser/short-back-and-sides-long-on-top-hairstyles-1.png

Written By: Wobo on 06/11/18 at 2:02 pm

0sqb_C0x_Xo

I remember Project X  ;D.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/11/18 at 4:09 pm

Yeah Project X was huge with my generation (arguably our cohort's Mean Girls, in terms of popularity and cult status). The movie essentially set the precedent on how wild high school parties should be ;D.

Project X is one of those movies you wish you could have played a role every time you watch it. Its brilliant at everything it tries to do and has a deep message to it.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/03/20 at 11:30 pm

Pardon the bump; but I was rewatching Easy A the other day, and I couldn't help but notice how many '2000s-like' influences that were still prevalent then:

wJZP20y0R2Q

The high school social cliques, the fashion, flip phones being common, and the overall vibe just doesn't seem '2010s' to me. The 2010-2011 school year, in retrospect, was similar to the 2009-2010 school year, in which how influenced it still was by the 2000s. This movie could honestly pass for being released in like 2007 or 2008, and it's vibe was definitely more akin to Late 00s films like Juno or 17 Again, then it was to early 10s films like 21 Jump Street or Project X.

Written By: mc98 on 05/04/20 at 10:19 am

Pardon the bump; but I was rewatching Easy A the other day, and I couldn't help but notice how many '2000s-like' influences that were still prevalent then:

wJZP20y0R2Q

The high school social cliques, the fashion, flip phones being common, and the overall vibe just doesn't seem '2010s' to me. The 2010-2011 school year, in retrospect, was similar to the 2009-2010 school year, in which how influenced it still was by the 2000s. This movie could honestly pass for being released in like 2007 or 2008, and it's vibe was definitely more akin to Late 00s films like Juno or 17 Again, then it was to early 10s films like 21 Jump Street or Project X.

Even though the movie was released in September 2010, the filming dates are more important than the release date. This was filmed around 2008-2009. I feel like 2010-2011 was the first noticeably 2010s school year unlike 2009-2010 where it has an “unsure” feeling.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/04/20 at 10:51 am

Even though the movie was released in September 2010, the filming dates are more important than the release date. This was filmed around 2008-2009. I feel like 2010-2011 was like the first noticeably 2010s school year unlike 2009-10 where it has an “unsure” feeling. Early 2010s movies such as Project X was filmed in the summer of 2010.

This is on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easy_A

It says this:

Filming
Gluck credits Stone with improvising the line about being a "Gossip Girl in the Sweet Valley of Traveling Pants". The entire film was shot in Ojai, California, using Panavision's Genesis and later filmized. Not a single film set was used; even the houses in the film belong to Ojai residents. The school used as "Ojai North High School" in the film is Nordhoff High School, and the end credits are filmed on Fordyce Road, both located in Ojai, California.

But yeah, anyways from my recollection, I find 2010-2011 similar to 2009-2010 in which how those school years weren't necessarily leaning on one side or the other.

Like I said, certain cultural traits made the school year still seem more '2000s', while others beginning to look more '2010s'. The fashion (such as name brands still being big, not to mention the 'preppy' look), social subcultures (emos and even some emo bands were on their last legs, along with skaters, and the 'Abercrombie/Hollister/Aero Preppy look' still being huge, etc. etc.), and certain aspects of the technology (flip phones & slider phones still being dominant types of cell phones people used, along with Blackberrys being big) were more akin to the 2000s. The music (electropop, dubstep, and indie music becoming big), television (kids being into shows like Gossip Girl, Jersey Shore, The Vampire Diaries, 16 & Pregnant, and Breaking Bad, among many other examples), and other technological aspects (such as MySpace being dead by that point, and Facebook & Twitter reigning supreme, not to mention tablet computers now being a thing with the popularity of the iPad and the Nook) were more akin to the 2010s.

I was already in high school during the 2010-2011 school year, and it was a pretty unique school year looking back. Even if this film was technically filmed in 2008-2009, I don't think that this would've felt out of place in Fall of 2010, given how many 2000s influences were surprisingly still around back then. I'd say that we officially were unapologetically within the 2010s by the Summer of 2011. There were certain things people could still get away with wearing or listening to in 2010-2011, that you really couldn't in 2011-2012.

Written By: mc98 on 05/04/20 at 10:56 am

This is on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easy_A

It says this:

But yeah, anyways from my recollection, I find 2010-2011 similar to 2009-2010 in which how those school years weren't necessarily leaning on one side or the other.

Like I said, certain cultural traits made the school year still seem more '2000s', while others beginning to look more '2010s'. The fashion (such as name brands still being big, not to mention the 'preppy' look), social subcultures (emos and even some emo bands were on their last legs, along with skaters, and the 'Abercrombie/Hollister/Aero Preppy look' still being huge, etc. etc.), and certain aspects of the technology (flip phones & slider phones still being dominant types of cell phones people used, along with Blackberrys being big) were more akin to the 2000s. The music (electropop, dubstep, and indie music becoming big), television (kids being into shows like Gossip Girl, Jersey Shore, The Vampire Diaries, 16 & Pregnant, and Breaking Bad, among many other examples), and other technological aspects (such as MySpace being dead by that point, and Facebook & Twitter reigning supreme, not to mention tablet computers now being a thing with the popularity of the iPad and the Nook) were more akin to the 2010s.

I was already in high school during the 2010-2011 school year, and it was a pretty unique school year looking back. Even if this film was technically filmed in 2008-2009, I don't think that this would've felt out of place in Fall of 2010, given how many 2000s influences were surprisingly still around back then. I'd say that we officially were unapologetically within the 2010s by the Summer of 2011. There were certain things people could still get away with wearing or listening to in 2010-2011, that you really couldn't in 2011-2012.

2009-10 was still influenced by the 2000s in terms of fashion and technology. The 2010-2011 school year was influenced but not too much, you can tell the 2000s was pretty much over when Facebook and Twitter dominated the social media field while MySpace is left in the dust. 2010-2011 leaned 2010s but it wasn't fully 2010s which I agree. Not all schools are the same though. If you go to an upper middle class school, you'll find many people keeping up with current trends unlike schools in Midwestern towns. By 2011-2012, it's unquestionably 2010s from that point.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/04/20 at 11:22 am

2009-10 was still influenced by the 2000s in terms of fashion and technology. The 2010-2011 school year was influenced but not too much, you can tell the 2000s was pretty much over when Facebook and Twitter dominated the social media field while MySpace is left in the dust. 2010-2011 leaned 2010s but it wasn't fully 2010s which I agree. Not all schools are the same though. If you go to an upper middle class school, you'll find many people keeping up with current trends unlike schools in Midwestern towns. By 2011-2012, it's unquestionably 2010s from that point.

Well I went to an Upper-Middle Class high school, in the suburbs of NYC, no less ;D. I guess it's hard to truly convey in words, especially since it's a common misconception, due to the widely accepted notion that "everything by 2009 was culturally 2010s". I found this video, that I think best highlights the 2010-2011 school year:

ErrTFoCYnEI

A lot of the fashion trends people are wearing in this video could give off less of a '2010s' vibe, and more something akin to the Late 2000s. The general atmosphere in 2009-10' and 2010-11', were similar in how the two decades had a sort of equilibrium with each other. It's similar to how the 1999-00' and 2000-01' school years weren't exactly 100% 1990s nor 2000s, aka the epitome of the 'Y2K era'.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/04/20 at 11:33 am

flip phones & slider phones still being dominant types of cell phones people used

Bruh, flip phones in 2011? That’d be like using a Samsung Galaxy S3 in 2017  ;D

Written By: mc98 on 05/04/20 at 11:37 am

Well I went to an Upper-Middle Class high school, in the suburbs of NYC, no less ;D. I guess it's hard to truly convey in words, especially since it's a common misconception, due to the widely accepted notion that "everything by 2009 was culturally 2010s". I found this video, that I think best highlights the 2010-2011 school year:

ErrTFoCYnEI

A lot of the fashion trends people are wearing in this video could give off less of a '2010s' vibe, and more something akin to the Late 2000s. The general atmosphere in 2009-10' and 2010-11', were similar in how the two decades had a sort of equilibrium with each other. It's similar to how the 1999-00' and 2000-01' school years weren't exactly 100% 1990s nor 2000s, aka the epitome of the 'Y2K era'.

There are some people in the video that dresses more 2010s. Fashion moves a lot slower than other trends. Overall, I do agree that both 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 had it's own atmosphere where it doesn't feel 2000s nor 2010s.

Idk about flip phones, they seem to be a mid-late 2000s thing; sliders, blackberries and chocolates were the dominant phones in both years. The music and social media was surely early 2010s for both.

I will say spring 2011 was when the 2010s atmosphere started to become established. The 2011-2012 school year is considered a 2010s school year because the 2010s completely dominates the 2000s.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/04/20 at 1:08 pm

Bruh, flip phones in 2011? That’d be like using a Samsung Galaxy S3 in 2017  ;D

You'd genuinely be surprised at how many people still used flip phones back in like 2010 ;D. Now of course it wasn't necessarily the norm at that point; it was primarily Blackberrys, Sliders, Chocolates, and Sidekicks, during that time. However, for kids whom were from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, that was what was readily accessible.

There are some people in the video that dresses more 2010s. Fashion moves a lot slower than other trends. Overall, I do agree that both 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 had it's own atmosphere where it doesn't feel 2000s nor 2010s.

Idk about flip phones, they seem to be a mid-late 2000s thing; sliders, blackberries and chocolates were the dominant phones in both years. The music and social media was surely early 2010s for both.

I will say spring 2011 was when the 2010s atmosphere started to become established. The 2011-2012 school year is considered a 2010s school year because the 2010s completely dominates the 2000s.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It was about 50/50 for much of Mid 2009-Early 2011. I think you began to feel a bit of a change in things circa Spring of 2011, however it was by the Summer/Fall when we were officially in 2010s territory. Fall 2011 had the Occupy Protests, The Arab Spring, the release of the iPhone 4S & the tragic death of Steve Jobs, and the noticeable rise in the hipster aesthetic (although not so much for people my age, moreso for those in their 20s, that aesthetic would become more prominent for teens in like 2013), the 2000s were officially 'dead' by that point.

Another thing that I forgot to mention was the prevalence of MP3 players throughout 2009-2011/2012.

Written By: mc98 on 05/04/20 at 1:16 pm

You'd genuinely be surprised at how many people still used flip phones back in like 2010 ;D. Now of course it wasn't necessarily the norm at that point; it was primarily Blackberrys, Sliders, Chocolates, and Sidekicks, during that time. However, for kids whom were from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, that was what was readily accessible.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It was about 50/50 for much of Mid 2009-Early 2011. I think you began to feel a bit of a change in things circa Spring of 2011, however it was by the Summer/Fall when we were officially in 2010s territory. Fall 2011 had the Occupy Protests, The Arab Spring, the release of the iPhone 4S & the tragic death of Steve Jobs, and the noticeable rise in the hipster aesthetic (although not so much for people my age, moreso for those in their 20s, that aesthetic would become more prominent for teens in like 2013), the 2000s were officially 'dead' by that point.

Another thing that I forgot to mention was the prevalence of MP3 players throughout 2009-2011/2012.

I agree with this. The music trends of both 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 were already leaning 2010s. Ditto with social media. I also would say that app culture was already established in both years, specifically gaming apps.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/04/20 at 1:21 pm

I agree with this. The music trends of both 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 were already leaning 2010s. Ditto with social media. I also would say that app culture was already established in both years, specifically gaming apps.

Good points. While the ios App Store launched in 2008, it didn't release it's 'killer app' until Late 2009. That being none other than this;

https://pm1.narvii.com/6848/542243d9335c17f1efa15dc340fe13d6ce8c9b27v2_00.jpg

I also remember people being obsessed with Farmville back in the day.

https://www.zynga.com/storage/2018/09/FarmVille1_MainBannerimage-min.jpg

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/04/20 at 1:23 pm

Looking back, it was a simpler time, although people online were already complaining about smartphones and how complicated/depressing things were even in 2011 (which seems funny now).

https://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/1417720074252.png

I'd say things began to change around 2014ish. I was there from ground zero and I saw the "new culture" taking hold at that time. By then:
-The youngest Millennials graduated high school (according to Pew Research)
-Zoomer teen culture was coming in
-Mumble rap was blowing up with Lifestyle by Rich Gang and Trap Queen by Fetty Wrap
-Scene/emo was now fully dead and becoming nostalgic to some
-Electropop music was fading
-Smartphones were now fully a must-have among teens, flip phones fully dead
-Vaping starting to become heard of
-Memes were turning from unassuming stuff like rage comics into "post-ironic" "deep fried" stuff, i.e. Filthy Frank
-The "Great Awokening" as Vox calls it was starting, political lines were starting to be redrawn and become more polarized with SJWs vs. alt-right
-Teens around 2008-2013 tended to hold more milquetoast political views, but 2014 was when they started getting more rabidly involved in politics
-Cancel/PC culture was starting to make a resurgence, more articles came out about pre-2012 media having aged badly

This stuff took further hold in 2015-2017. By 2018, with its depressed rap and TikTok, high school was pretty much unrecognizable from how it was in 2011.

Written By: mc98 on 05/04/20 at 1:32 pm

Good points. While the ios App Store launched in 2008, it didn't release it's 'killer app' until Late 2009. That being none other than this

I also remember people being obsessed with Farmville back in the day.

Yep I remember those games back in 6th grade. One more thing I wanna point out is the music of 2007-2008 and 2009-2010 are both complete opposites. The former was still stuck in stereotypical 2000s trends and cliches in music while the latter had an early 2010s sound that was a bit primitive but already escaped the 2000s cliches for the most part.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/04/20 at 1:54 pm

Looking back, it was a simpler time, although people online were already complaining about smartphones and how complicated/depressing things were even in 2011 (which seems funny now).

https://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/1417720074252.png

I'd say things began to change around 2014ish. I was there from ground zero and I saw the "new culture" taking hold at that time. By then:
-The youngest Millennials graduated high school (according to Pew Research)
-Zoomer teen culture was coming in
-Mumble rap was blowing up with Lifestyle by Rich Gang and Trap Queen by Fetty Wrap
-Scene/emo was now fully dead and becoming nostalgic to some
-Electropop music was fading
-Smartphones were now fully a must-have among teens, flip phones fully dead
-Vaping starting to become heard of
-Memes were turning from unassuming stuff like rage comics into "post-ironic" "deep fried" stuff, i.e. Filthy Frank
-The "Great Awokening" as Vox calls it was starting, political lines were starting to be redrawn and become more polarized with SJWs vs. alt-right
-Teens around 2008-2013 tended to hold more milquetoast political views, but 2014 was when they started getting more rabidly involved in politics
-Cancel/PC culture was starting to make a resurgence, more articles came out about pre-2012 media having aged badly

This stuff took further hold in 2015-2017. By 2018, with its depressed rap and TikTok, high school was pretty much unrecognizable from how it was in 2011.

Good points. Are you on the record in saying that the Millennial/Z transition began in 2014? I always thought of it starting in Mid-Late 2013. Pick my brain a little bit more.......

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Change-My-Mind.jpg

Yep I remember those games back in 6th grade. One more thing I wanna point out is the music of 2007-2008 and 2009-2010 are both complete opposites. The former was still stuck in stereotypical 2000s trends and cliches in music while the latter had an early 2010s sound that was a bit primitive but already escaped the 2000s cliches for the most part.

I agree. However, it is important to note that many of those same social cliques and subcultures still existed well into the early 2010s. The styles and music 'morphed' into a more '2010s sounding' aesthetic, but the fashion (in some respects) was still somewhat similar. Besides Abercrombie (which died out in 2008-2009), many preppy brands remained popular well into the 'Electropop era'; Hollister (Abercrombie's 'Valley inspired' sister-brand), Aeropostale, American Eagle, and Polo Ralph Lauren were still the 'go to' brands, even up to about Mid-Late 2012. Shows like The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Gossip Girl are relics of that era, in which the 'preppy aesthetic' was still seen as what the so-called 'popular kids' would primarily wear; cardigans, straight legged jeans, Uggs, jeaned mini-skirts, etc.. Those brands, along with some more 'timeless' brands of clothing like Nike and Addidas, were still pretty popular, despite other aspects of pop culture from the 2000s already falling out of favor.

Written By: mc98 on 05/04/20 at 2:04 pm

Good points. Are you on the record in saying that the Millennial/Z transition began in 2014? I always thought of it starting in Mid-Late 2013. Pick my brain a little bit more.......

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Change-My-Mind.jpg

I agree. However, it is important to note that many of those same social cliques and subcultures still existed well into the early 2010s. The styles and music 'morphed' into a more '2010s sounding' aesthetic, but the fashion (in some respects) was still somewhat similar. Besides Abercrombie (which died out in 2008-2009), many preppy brands remained popular well into the 'Electropop era'; Hollister (Abercrombie's 'Valley inspired' sister-brand), Aeropostale, American Eagle, and Polo Ralph Lauren were still the 'go to' brands, even up to about Mid-Late 2012. Shows like The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Gossip Girl are relics of that era, in which the 'preppy aesthetic' was still seen as what the so-called 'popular kids' would primarily wear; cardigans, straight legged jeans, Uggs, jeaned mini-skirts, etc.. Those brands, along with some more 'timeless' brands of clothing like Nike and Addidas, were still pretty popular, despite other aspects of pop culture from the 2000s already falling out of favor.

The fashion was similar for sure but I was just talking about the music trends that the 2007-08 had tons of 2000s aesthetics still popular while 2009-2010 had a primitive but established 2010s sound. 2017-18 and 2019-20 are fairly similar in sound while 2007-08 and 2009-10 are easily distinguishable when it comes to the popular music trends.

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/05/20 at 8:19 am

Some major changes:

https://cdn.geekwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/CS_SocialMediaSocialLife_VisualCharts_FigureA-crop-1260x620.jpg

https://cdn.geekwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/CS_SocialMediaSocialLife_VisualCharts_FigureF-crop-1260x709.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VES98qh846w/W5gYTjhZlKI/AAAAAAAAiko/fcEkkzDTLXInJOnC94P1AtOjYOchIOQeACLcBGAs/s1600/frequency.png

Written By: Sman12 on 05/05/20 at 9:18 am

Some major changes:

https://cdn.geekwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/CS_SocialMediaSocialLife_VisualCharts_FigureA-crop-1260x620.jpg

https://cdn.geekwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/CS_SocialMediaSocialLife_VisualCharts_FigureF-crop-1260x709.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VES98qh846w/W5gYTjhZlKI/AAAAAAAAiko/fcEkkzDTLXInJOnC94P1AtOjYOchIOQeACLcBGAs/s1600/frequency.png

I noticed Facebook being on a gradual decline, and I think it's because of Instagram and Snapchat becoming more popular with youth culture from the mid-2010s. I barely heard anyone from my freshman high school year talk about how their Facebook profile or wall was like.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/20 at 9:29 am

^ When I was at school, it was only "In Person", and to put in prospective, we did not have calculators in the maths classroom.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/05/20 at 9:52 am

Some major changes:

Yeah, smartphones and social media were pretty popular by 2012. They just got even more popular as the 2010's went on.

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/05/20 at 10:05 am

Smartphones went from something some people had, to something everyone has. Probably explains why the percentage of teens using social media multiple times a day increased too.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/05/20 at 11:01 am

Smartphones went from something some people had, to something everyone has. Probably explains why the percentage of teens using social media multiple times a day increased too.

Good point! Smartphones were seen as a ‘status symbol’ for much of the early 2010s.

Around Late 2012/Early 2013 was when the perception began to change (at least here in the states). That was around when smartphone ownership/usage actually passed the 50% threshold.

So in a way, if we accept that 2013 was the start of the ‘Core’ 2010s, then the changing perception of smartphone usage was a big proponent of that change around that time. Further proving that 2013 is the perfect year to start the ‘Core’ 2010s and the beginning of the Millennial/Z cultural transition period (lasting to 2017/2018).

Written By: CarCar on 05/16/20 at 5:35 pm

HS fashion for me was a mix of 2000s clothing (areo, A&F, etc), 90s influences styles  (bright colors, high top fades, parachute pants, spandex), and 2010s fashion (skinny jeans, snapbacks, fitted clothing, etc). You could pretty much where anything, it was awesome.

Tbh 2010 and 1999 aren’t even that far apart either, they’re like 11 years apart. Britney JLO were still making music in the early 2010s like crazy.

Written By: CarCar on 05/16/20 at 5:36 pm

Was in high school in 2010. I'd be surprised if much has changed. Smartphones were already popular in the beginning of the decade. There wasn't Snapchat, Instagram or Netflix streaming though, but Facebook and Twitter were popular.

People talked about MLG/eSports, but it was in its relative infancy compared to today. Halo and Starcraft were the main games.

People didn't take selfies though. Taking a selfie on a wide-angle 0.2 MP camera? Over my dead body!

iPhone styles changed for sure, 2010 iPhones are different 2019 IPhones. Compare an IPhone 4 or 3 to an IPhone X

Written By: mc98 on 05/17/20 at 5:08 pm

2008-2009: The last school year to have a dominate 2000s atmosphere but the early 2010s can be seen rushing in quickly making it a transitional period. The music was predominantly late 2000s with bunch of R&B and rock songs but there were songs that predated the early 2010s sounds such as the Lady Gaga songs. Obama and recession made the vibe of the school year different from the core 2000s but still predominately late 2000s.

2009-2010: I would describe this year as slightly leaning early 2010s but there was still a decent amount of "2000s" stuff lingering around especially in fashion. But the music does lean early 2010s even though some songs sound more 2000s like According To You, You Belong With Me, and Empire State of Mind. Most phones were blackberries, slider keyboards, some flip phones, and few kids owned iPhones. This year would be probably be the first to be mostly removed from the core 2000s.

2010-2011: This was peak early 2010s culture with no core 2010s or 2000s trends around. Fashion was undefined this year which could be the quintessential transitional time for fashion on many people. Phones were still feature but smartphones started to appear more and more. The music was predominately early 2010s with absolutely no 2000s trends. One could say that it strongly leans 2010s with only a few late 2000s stuff lingering around such as the fashion and technology.

Gonna finish the rest in a few days.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 05/17/20 at 6:31 pm

2008-2009: The last school year to have a dominate 2000s atmosphere but the early 2010s can be seen rushing in quickly making it a transitional period. The music was predominantly late 2000s with bunch of R&B and rock songs but there were songs that predated the early 2010s sounds such as the Lady Gaga songs. Obama and recession made the vibe of the school year different from the core 2000s but still predominately late 2000s.

2009-2010: I would describe this year as slightly leaning early 2010s but there was still a decent amount of "2000s" stuff lingering around especially in fashion. But the music does lean early 2010s even though some songs sound more 2000s like According To You, You Belong With Me, and Empire State of Mind. Most phones were blackberries, slider keyboards, some flip phones, and few kids owned iPhones. This year would be probably be the first to be mostly removed from the core 2000s.

2010-2011: This was peak early 2010s culture with no core 2010s or 2000s trends around. Fashion was undefined this year which could be the quintessential transitional time for fashion on many people. Phones were still feature but smartphones started to appear more and more. The music was predominately early 2010s with absolutely no 2000s trends. One could say that it strongly leans 2010s with only a few late 2000s stuff lingering around such as the fashion and technology.

The explanation here is on point!

Written By: XYkid on 05/17/20 at 7:25 pm

I graduated in 2013 and pop culture has changed a lot. It seems like my class was the last one to have pop music that was actually upbeat and fun. Pop music has ben so dreary and depressing these last 4 years. I also hate trap rap, I would hate to be a teenager right now for that reason alone.
What's weird is that even though I'm 26, people still think I'm in my late teens because I look young, but my taste in music aligns more with people born in the 70s and 80s.

Written By: Dundee on 05/17/20 at 9:14 pm

Downloads, mp3s and bluetooth culture were still huge in the early '10s. All of this replaced by streaming and playlist culture instead nowadays.

Also "Tik Tok" was a song, not a popular app!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/17/20 at 9:16 pm

I agree with everything, except for the bold. 2010-2011 still had some noticeable 2000s influences lingering around; feature phones, many 2000s era social cliques, preppy fashion still being big, even some Late 00s musical aspects (such as Emo music being on its last legs). Hence why I hesitate in calling 2010-2011 'peak' early 2010s, but I would attribute it as the 'peak' of the 'Electropop era', as it had influences of the Late 2000s and the Early 2010s. 2011-2012 is what I think more of as 'Peak' Early 2010s, practically indisputably 2010s by that point. 2010-2011...... just not quite.

I graduated in 2013 and pop culture has changed a lot. It seems like my class was the last one to have pop music that was actually upbeat and fun. Pop music has ben so dreary and depressing these last 4 years. I also hate trap rap, I would hate to be a teenager right now for that reason alone.
What's weird is that even though I'm 26, people still think I'm in my late teens because I look young, but my taste in music aligns more with people born in the 70s and 80s.

Agreed. Been listening to a lot of jazz from the 20s-60s & 90s recently. I do like me some Lofi and Chillhop though.

Written By: XYkid on 05/17/20 at 9:20 pm

I absolutely love Lo-Fi! I also love vaporwave, synthwave, and Future Funk, even though those are fading out of popularity.

Written By: mc98 on 05/17/20 at 9:23 pm

I agree with everything, except for the bold. 2010-2011 still had some noticeable 2000s influences lingering around; feature phones, many 2000s era social cliques, preppy fashion still being big, even some Late 00s musical aspects (such as Emo music being on its last legs). Hence why I hesitate in calling 2010-2011 'peak' early 2010s, but I would attribute it as the 'peak' of the 'Electropop era', as it had influences of the Late 2000s and the Early 2010s. 2011-2012 is what I think more of as 'Peak' Early 2010s, practically indisputably 2010s by that point. 2010-2011...... just not quite.

Agreed. Been listening to a lot of jazz from the 20s-60s & 90s recently. I do like me some Lofi and Chillhop though.

I meant core 2000s like 2004-2007. The 2010-2011 school year felt mostly removed from those years. I don't remember emo music being relevant in 2010-2011, MCR 2010 album was not emo at all. The only "emo" song I remember from that year is this one:
oh6Oz-L156c

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/17/20 at 9:29 pm

Bruh I'm surprised y'all don't consider the 2010-2011 school year to be quintessential early 2010's. So you're telling me the school year with Party Rock Anthem, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Ke$ha dominating the billboards isn't peak early 2010's?  ;D ;D

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/17/20 at 9:31 pm

I absolutely love Lo-Fi! I also love vaporwave, synthwave, and Future Funk, even though those are fading out of popularity.

Aye that's whats up 8)

I don't listen to much Vaporwave and Future Funk like I used to, but there's still some timeless bops you can't go wrong with. '82-99' was one of my favorite artists.

I meant core 2000s like 2004-2007. The 2010-2011 school year felt mostly removed from those years. I don't remember emo music being relevant in 2010-2011, MCR 2010 album was not emo at all. The only "emo" song I remember from that year is this one:
oh6Oz-L156c

But the same can be said in relation to 2009-2010 ???.

Here were some 'Emo' songs that I remember being played back then (keep in mind, I wasn't in the subculture, I had a few friends that were though):

8G59FVj6-4g-J7J_IWUhls

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/17/20 at 9:34 pm

Bruh I'm surprised y'all don't consider the 2010-2011 school year to be quintessential early 2010's. So you're telling me the school year with Party Rock Anthem, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Ke$ha dominating the billboards isn't peak early 2010's?  ;D ;D

The 'Peak' of the 'Electropop Era' ≠ The 'Peak' of the Early 2010s. However, much of music by 2010 was safely in the early 2010s category. However, for other facets of pop culture, it was a slower transition. Hence, 2011-2012 being a more suitable title for 'Peak Early 2010s'.

Written By: mc98 on 05/17/20 at 9:37 pm

Aye that's whats up 8)

I don't listen to much Vaporwave and Future Funk like I used to, but there's still some timeless bops you can't go wrong with. '82-99' was one of my favorite artists.

But the same can be said in relation to 2009-2010 ???.

Here were some 'Emo' songs that I remember being played back then (keep in mind, I wasn't in the subculture, I had a few friends that were though):

8G59FVj6-4g-J7J_IWUhls

You mean removed from the core 2000s? Then yes I agree, both 2009-10 and 2010-2011 school years felt removed from the core 2000s, although they do have late 2000s leftovers particularly from 2008.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/17/20 at 9:42 pm

The 'Peak' of the 'Electropop Era' ≠ The 'Peak' of the Early 2010s.

Then what is it?  ??? Electropop was a big part of the early 2010's era. 2011 was the peak of electropop which is why it's 100% early 2010's.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/17/20 at 9:42 pm

You mean removed from the core 2000s? Then yes I agree, both 2009-10 and 2010-2011 school years felt removed from the core 2000s, although they do have late 2000s leftovers particularly from 2008.

Yep. 2009-10' and 2010-11', go hand in hand. They were culturally within the shadow of 2008. 2011-12'/2012-13' are more distinctively 2010s, but certain elements of 2008 culture are still somewhat present then but it just wasn't as powerful as it was in 2009-10'/2010-11'.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 05/17/20 at 9:51 pm

I meant core 2000s like 2004-2007. The 2010-2011 school year felt mostly removed from those years.

I remember Panic! had a hit with "The Ballad of Mona Lisa" back in 2011, but whether you could consider it as being "emo" is debatable. I do agree though that My Chemical Romance's Killjoys album is not emo at all, having listened to it in full only a few months ago.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/17/20 at 9:52 pm

Then what is it?  ??? Electropop was a big part of the early 2010's era. 2011 was the peak of electropop which is why it's 100% early 2010's.

'Electropop era' is similar to the 'Millennium era', in which it was the cultural era proceeding/preceding the respected 'mid' sections of the former and coming decades. The 'Millennium era' was from roughly 1997-98' through 2003-04', encompassing much of the cultural Late 1990s and Early 2000s. Meanwhile, the 'Electropop era' was from roughly 2007-08' through 2012-13', encompassing much of the cultural Late 2000s and Early 2010s. The peak of the 'Millennium era', aka the mini sub era being the 'Y2K era', was roughly at around the Autumn of 1999 through Summer of 2000 time frame, when Late 90s culture and Early 00s culture were equally dominant (the epitome of the aforementioned era). Whereas, the peak of the 'Electropop era' was roughly at around the Summer of 2010 through Spring of 2011 time frame, when Late 00s culture and Early 10s culture were equally dominant (the epitome of that era).

Written By: mc98 on 05/18/20 at 11:22 am

2011-2012: The 2000s were unquestionably dead at this point, it is a completely 2010s world. The hipster aesthetic was becoming more popular than the flashy scene aesthetic of the late 2000s. Smartphones are getting more ubiquitous and 2010s social media sites like Tumblr are rising while Facebook and Twitter are the kings of social media. Minecraft and CoD games are the most popular gaming products. The music was more diverse than the previous two school years with genres like Indie and EDM. This would be the year where core 2010s influence began to pop up.

2012-2013: The year was still leaning early 2010s but things were heading to a new direction, especially by the 2013 semester. Harlem Shake reaching #1, Vine released in the app store, and Ariana Grande released her debut song. Even though Facebook was still king, Instagram was the new kid in school that many people were interested in. The indie/aesthetic dominated the atmosphere in terms of fashion, music, and mindset. Smartphones are firmly established and feature phones were on their last legs. The last hurrah for electropop music being popular in the charts.

2013-2014: At this point, the mid/core 2010s started to dominate. Royals changed the music landscape in years to come, Apple devices changed their OS design to a more flat aesthetic. Vine, Instagram, and Snapchat were the dominant social media apps. This was the peak of the indie/hipster aesthetic. Selfie culture was firmly established. Although, there were still leftovers from the early 2010s that makes this year feel  somewhat removed from the 2016-2017 school year such as extreme political division not existing. Some songs still have early 2010s style electropop hanging around like Applause, Slow Down, Burn, and Timber. Memes are still the image macro format instead of the dank meme style a year later.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/18/20 at 11:31 am

Well, as someone who was a teenager in the mid-late 2010s, I enjoy older music as well as trap rap songs. But I guess trap music, especially emo and mumble rap, is more suited to us teens and young adults today, especially when they're being used as memes.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/18/20 at 1:06 pm

Sorry, but even if there were "2000's influences" in 2011, that doesn't change the fact that the electropop era peaked then and it was the peak of early 2010's culture. If anything, 2011-2012 was the first school year with hints of core 2010's culture due to the rising increase of Instagram users. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2010-2011 was nothing like 2007-2008.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/18/20 at 6:19 pm

Sorry, but even if there were "2000's influences" in 2011, that doesn't change the fact that the electropop era peaked then and it was the peak of early 2010's culture. If anything, 2011-2012 was the first school year with hints of core 2010's culture due to the rising increase of Instagram users. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2010-2011 was nothing like 2007-2008.

You're still conflating 'Electropop era' with 'Early 2010s' ;D. Nobody's denying that 2010-2011 was solidly within the 'Electropop era', arguably the peak of that era. But it was still not quite 'peak' Early 2010s yet. Now yes, 2011 holistically speaking, was already pretty 'Early 2010s', but I'm mainly talking about the 2010-2011 school year, not 2011 as a whole.

I was in high school back then, so I actually had experienced first-hand the subtle changes in pop culture between 2010-11' and 2011-12'.  The so-called 'core' 2010s influences that you mentioned that were apparent in 2011-12' were emblematic of us officially being purely within the cultural 2010s, with little to no 2000s-like influences by that point. Whereas 2010-11' still had considerable 2000s-like influence, similar to 2009-10'.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/18/20 at 6:31 pm

You're still conflating 'Electropop era' with 'Early 2010s' ;D. Nobody's denying that 2010-2011 was solidly within the 'Electropop era', arguably the peak of that era. But it was still not quite 'peak' Early 2010s yet. Now yes, 2011 holistically speaking, was already pretty 'Early 2010s', but I'm mainly talking about the 2010-2011 school year, not 2011 as a whole.

I was in high school back then, so I actually had experienced first-hand the subtle changes in pop culture between 2010-11' and 2011-12'.  The so-called 'core' 2010s influences that you mentioned that were apparent in 2011-12' were emblematic of us officially being purely within the cultural 2010s, with little to no 2000s-like influences by that point. Whereas 2010-11' still had considerable 2000s-like influence, similar to 2009-10'.

Because the electropop era was a big part of early 2010's culture lol. What don't you understand about that? When people hear "Electropop" they think of the type of music that was popular throughout the entire early 2010's. You're making no sense. Those "2000s-like influence" you're talking about still doesn't override the cultural peak early 2010's that took over that year.

I'm mainly talking about the 2010-2011 school year,
And the 2010-2011 school year was peak early 2010's.

Written By: mc98 on 05/18/20 at 6:36 pm

I do sort of agree with Zelda that there are some people who have 2000s flavored dresses in both 2009-10 and 2010-11 but they weren't the poster child of what was hot back then.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/18/20 at 6:44 pm

Because the electropop era was a big part of early 2010's culture lol. What don't you understand about that? When people hear "Electropop" they think of the type of music that was popular throughout the entire early 2010's. You're making no sense. Those "2000s-like influence" you're talking about still doesn't override the cultural peak early 2010's that took over that year.
And the 2010-2011 school year was peak early 2010's.

No offense, but you're attempting to assert about the cultural transition of the Late 2000s/Early 2010s to a person whom was actually around to experience it firsthand ;D. I understand the general misconception on how the "The Early 2010s = The 'Electropop Era'", so let me try to break down the differences.

Early 2010s ≠ 'Electropop era', due to the fact that The 'Electropop era' encompassed both the cultural Late 2000s and the cultural Early 2010s. There's a reason why people consider the start of 'Electropop era' to be around the 2007/2008 timeframe, with the rise in the aforementioned music genre and aesthetic, despite it still being culturally Late 2000s predominately. The same can be said of the 2012/2013 timeframe being the tail end of the 'Electropop era', despite us beginning to transition into the 'core' 2010s.

So the 2010-11' school year being the 'peak' 'Electropop' era ≠ it being the 'peak' of the Early 2010s. I'm not going to explain this again ;D.

Written By: mc98 on 05/18/20 at 7:11 pm

No offense, but you're attempting to assert about the cultural transition of the Late 2000s/Early 2010s to a person whom was actually around to experience it firsthand ;D. I understand the general misconception on how the "The Early 2010s = The 'Electropop Era'", so let me try to break down the differences.

Early 2010s ≠ 'Electropop era', due to the fact that The 'Electropop era' encompassed both the cultural Late 2000s and the cultural Early 2010s. There's a reason why people consider the start of 'Electropop era' to be around the 2007/2008 timeframe, with the rise in the aforementioned music genre and aesthetic, despite it still being culturally Late 2000s predominately. The same can be said of the 2012/2013 timeframe being the tail end of the 'Electropop era', despite us beginning to transition into the 'core' 2010s.

So the 2010-11' school year being the 'peak' 'Electropop' era ≠ it being the 'peak' of the Early 2010s. I'm not going to explain this again ;D.

Didn't you say this in another thread awhile ago?

I also still stand by 2011-2012 for much of the same reasons. 2010-2011 was purely early 2010s, and arguably the first school year to almost be devoid of most 2000s trends. However, 2011-2012 just screams early 2010s much more. Electropop, dubstep, Blackberrys, iPhone 4S, COD MW3, Occupy Wall Street, end of the Harry Potter trilogy, Twilight at all time peak, Drake's sophomore album Take Care, etc. etc.

I don't have disagree if you think 2011-12 was peak of early 2010s, I'm pointing out that you said before the 2010-11 school year was almost devoid of 2000s trends.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/18/20 at 7:27 pm

Umm, I've literally never heard anyone besides you say the electropop era started in 2007/2008. If anything, it started more in late 2008 and really gained popularity in 2009, and was popular throughout the entire early 2010's. The reason why the 2007-2008 school year is considered quintessential late 2000's is because it was when the core 2000's were over but before early 2010's culture came in, and that does include the electropop era.

Written By: youngbull316 on 05/18/20 at 7:28 pm

The 'Electropop era' was from roughly 2007-08' through 2012-13', encompassing much of the cultural Late 2000s and Early 2010s.

I don't think so. Sure, the 2007-08 school year had a few elements of electropop, similar to 1996-97 having some Millennium influence, but nonetheless, were still within the core 90s era. I feel the same way about the 2007-08 school still being within the core 2000s era, despite it being firmly Late 2000s (debatably the peak Late 2000s school year) with minimal mid 00s influences. The electropop didn't truly start until the 2008-09 school year, and started its peak in the 2009-10 school year.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/18/20 at 7:56 pm

Well,

I also find electropop to be more of a cultural cusp genre between late 00s/early 10s, but it does slightly lean more towards the early 2010s imo. 2008 had it creeped in with Britney's album Blackout, Kanye's album 808s and Heartbreak, and songs like Rihanna's "Disturbia", and 2009 was the first year that it just dominated the music industry and the radio airwaves thanks to Lady Gaga, the Black Eyed Peas, Jay Sean, etc.

So the electropop era for me would start around late 2008 (when "Just Dance" started to become popular) to mid 2013 (when EDM became huge and eventually overtake electropop).

Written By: mc98 on 05/18/20 at 8:06 pm

I don't think 2007-2008 was the start of the "electropop" era. The only major electropop record from that time was Blackout by Britney Spears, the school year was dominated by urban pop, R&B jams, southern rap, and rock music. 2008-2009 would be an appropriate start.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/18/20 at 8:26 pm

Didn't you say this in another thread awhile ago?I don't have disagree if you think 2011-12 was peak of early 2010s, I'm pointing out that you said before the 2010-11 school year was almost devoid of 2000s trends.

Damn, you got me ;D. But I was still adamant in that;

2011-2012 just screams early 2010s much more. Electropop, dubstep, Blackberrys, iPhone 4S, COD MW3, Occupy Wall Street, end of the Harry Potter trilogy, Twilight at all time peak, Drake's sophomore album Take Care, etc. etc.

So I was always on the side of 2011-12' being the 'peak' of the early 2010s. I've just begun to notice that 2010-11' wasn't as purely early 2010s as I may have used to had thought of. 2010-11' is definitely the 'peak' of the 'Electropop era' though.

Well,
I also find electropop to be more of a cultural cusp genre between late 00s/early 10s, but it does slightly lean more towards the early 2010s imo. 2008 had it creeped in with Britney's album Blackout, Kanye's album 808s and Heartbreak, and songs like Rihanna's "Disturbia", and 2009 was the first year that it just dominated the music industry and the radio airwaves thanks to Lady Gaga, the Black Eyed Peas, Jay Sean, etc.

So the electropop era for me would start around late 2008 (when "Just Dance" started to become popular) to mid 2013 (when EDM became huge and eventually overtake electropop).

I don't think 2007-2008 was the start of the "electropop" era. The only major electropop record from that time was Blackout by Britney Spears, the school year was dominated by urban pop, R&B jams, southern rap, and rock music. 2008-2009 would be an appropriate start.

Good points! However in defense of 2007 being a potential start year (and by 2007, I mean Late 2007), there were already some semblance of things changing around the corner:

-Some 'electropop' elements in music were starting to get big, as autotune was becoming a more widespread technique in music and clubbing music was starting to break into the charts. This was seen in popular albums like Kanye's Graduation, Spears' Blackout, and Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad

-We were solidly within the 7th Generation of Video Game Consoles, as 'Electropop era' as you can get in relation to video games (ending nice and conveniently as the era was coming to a close in 2013). Games like Halo 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare completely changed the landscape of modern online multiplayer games and were subsequently culturally significant due to it

-The Great Recession technically began in December of 2007, but even despite this there were already immense storm clouds in the atmosphere in Late 2007 with the Housing Bubble popping

-The release of the iPhone. Even though it would be years until it would be readably available to most of the public, the launch of this iconic device was still rather Earth shattering, especially in the world of technology. The 2000s equivalent to the launch of Windows 95 during the 1990s

Those examples came off the top of my head. I think you can make a valid argument that elements of the 'Electropop era' were creeping in by Late 2007 at the very least, despite it still being considerably 'core' 2000s.

Written By: Zelek3 on 05/18/20 at 8:55 pm

I'm gonna agree with Sman that I don't consider 2007 especially electropop. However, that year did have some hints foreshadowing that era like T-Pain, Soulja Boy (Crank That wasn't electropop, but Soulja himself is sometimes lumped in with the electropop era since he's credited with starting a "new wave" of rappers. Kiss Me Thru the Phone is kinda electropop, has more of a modern sound, and unlike Crank That would fit in with 2010-2011 songs), the iPhone (not popular yet), Super Mario Galaxy, Chowder (the first CN show that looked kinda "Calarts" akin to Adventure Time and Regular Show), rumblings of the Recession, Obama beginning his campaign, and Ur So Gay by Katy Perry.

Written By: Dundee on 05/19/20 at 9:57 am

Ur So Gay by Katy Perry.
???

What does this have anything to do with anything with electropop? If anything, with its fairly midtempo acoustic pop soul production and very questionable message (where she might as well call her man the f-word) it's a pure product of the 2000s.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/19/20 at 11:28 am

I'm gonna agree with Sman that I don't consider 2007 especially electropop. However, that year did have some hints foreshadowing that era like T-Pain, Soulja Boy (Crank That wasn't electropop, but Soulja himself is sometimes lumped in with the electropop era since he's credited with starting a "new wave" of rappers. Kiss Me Thru the Phone is kinda electropop, has more of a modern sound, and unlike Crank That would fit in with 2010-2011 songs), the iPhone (not popular yet), Super Mario Galaxy, Chowder (the first CN show that looked kinda "Calarts" akin to Adventure Time and Regular Show), rumblings of the Recession, Obama beginning his campaign, and Ur So Gay by Katy Perry.

Yep. 2007 to me feels like the last core 2000s year. Crunk was still popular with songs like "Pop, Lock, and Drop It", "A Bay Bay", and of course, "Crank That (Soulja Boy)". MySpace was the preferable social media platform, and emo was still fashionable.

Written By: Rainbowz on 05/19/20 at 11:36 am

Yep. 2007 to me feels like the last core 2000s year. Crunk was still popular with songs like "Pop, Lock, and Drop It", "A Bay Bay", and of course, "Crank That (Soulja Boy)". MySpace was the preferable social media platform, and emo was still fashionable.

Exactly. There was barely any electro pop for most of 2008 let alone late 2007.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/19/20 at 11:37 am

True, but there was definitely still some semblance of things changing around the corner by Late 2007. 'Electropop era' elements were creeping in.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 05/19/20 at 11:42 am

You guys should refer this post I just made:

However in defense of 2007 being a potential start year (and by 2007, I mean Late 2007), there were already some semblance of things changing around the corner:

-Some 'electropop' elements in music were starting to get big, as autotune was becoming a more widespread technique in music and clubbing music was starting to break into the charts. This was seen in popular albums like Kanye's Graduation, Spears' Blackout, and Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad

-We were solidly within the 7th Generation of Video Game Consoles, as 'Electropop era' as you can get in relation to video games (ending nice and conveniently as the era was coming to a close in 2013). Games like Halo 3 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare completely changed the landscape of modern online multiplayer games and were subsequently culturally significant due to it

-The Great Recession technically began in December of 2007, but even despite this there were already immense storm clouds in the atmosphere in Late 2007 with the Housing Bubble popping

-The release of the iPhone. Even though it would be years until it would be readably available to most of the public, the launch of this iconic device was still rather Earth shattering, especially in the world of technology. The 2000s equivalent to the launch of Windows 95 during the 1990s

Those examples came off the top of my head. I think you can make a valid argument that elements of the 'Electropop era' were creeping in by Late 2007 at the very least, despite it still being considerably 'core' 2000s.

Even if the era didn't really begin in earnest until Late 2008 or so, it wasn't a rather rapid change. The foundations were already being set in Late 2007/Early 2008.

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/19/20 at 12:16 pm

Teen behaviour has changed considerably vs the early 2010s. This ties in with my thoughts that teens today simply use social media far more than we did a decade ago - with increasing smartphone ownership and the adoption of 4G probably playing the biggest role.

https://i.imgur.com/Vgqq80N.png

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/20 at 6:37 pm

I was in high school in the early 2010s and I really can't picture it being much different besides everyone having smartphones now. But by the time I graduated high school in 2013, everyone had smartphones by that point anyway so it would probably be similar. Only difference is people would be on Tik Tok rather than on Facebook and Twitter like it was back in my day. But the teachers always told students to put phones away and to not go on social media and fear monger students saying "Big Brother is watching". I don't know if that still happens in high school these days but the use of technology was quite restricted you almost had to hide from the teachers if you were using social media. If someone is in high school today please let me know if that still happens.

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/20 at 6:43 pm

Teen behaviour has changed considerably vs the early 2010s. This ties in with my thoughts that teens today simply use social media far more than we did a decade ago - with increasing smartphone ownership and the adoption of 4G probably playing the biggest role.

https://i.imgur.com/Vgqq80N.png

I was born in le wrong generation. I should have been born 10 years later lol

Written By: Sman12 on 05/21/20 at 8:11 pm

I was in high school in the early 2010s and I really can't picture it being much different besides everyone having smartphones now. But by the time I graduated high school in 2013, everyone had smartphones by that point anyway so it would probably be similar. Only difference is people would be on Tik Tok rather than on Facebook and Twitter like it was back in my day. But the teachers always told students to put phones away and to not go on social media and fear monger students saying "Big Brother is watching". I don't know if that still happens in high school these days but the use of technology was quite restricted you almost had to hide from the teachers if you were using social media. If someone is in high school today please let me know if that still happens.

Yeah, it still happens. Our teachers always told us to put our phones away when we do our tests, quizzes and other schoolwork in our classrooms (I graduated in 2019).

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/20 at 8:44 pm

Yeah, it still happens. Our teachers always told us to put our phones away when we do our tests, quizzes and other schoolwork in our classrooms (I graduated in 2019).

Yeah they didn't even allow them when not doing exams. Especially in middle school, if they saw a phone or technological device anywhere even during lunch break or anywhere they would consficate it. They said not to bring it to school as they don't want to see it or hear it. Maybe that's why I survived so long without a phone.  ;D But they were really strict about it at least at my school and this was back in the late 2000s. It's silly compared to today as technology is always around us now for learning purposes. But I guess back then there remained a few last bunch of people that were trying to still separate technology from learning.

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/23/20 at 11:07 am

I was born in le wrong generation. I should have been born 10 years later lol

Nah, I’m glad I went to high school before teenagers became boring. 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/26/20 at 6:33 am

Nah, I’m glad I went to high school before teenagers became boring. 8)
Would that be at the time before mobile phones became readily available?

Written By: shadowcookie on 05/26/20 at 9:20 am

Would that be at the time before mobile phones became readily available?

In my case, no.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/26/20 at 1:26 pm

One obvious difference is that high schools were actually open and operating back then, and now they're not.

Written By: Sman12 on 05/26/20 at 1:40 pm

One obvious difference is that high schools were actually open and operating back then, and now they're not.

^ So true. I feel sad and hopeful for the class of 2020. I'm sad that they don't get to experience proms, homecomings, other school events, and normal graduations. But I am hopeful that they'll come out as strong and resilient than ever before.

Written By: mc98 on 07/02/20 at 12:44 pm

Pardon me for reviving the thread but I would like to point out that I've been browsing the website called classmates.com where it is an archive of millions of yearbooks from the 1890s to 2015 currently. I've been looking at certain yearbooks in the 2010-2015 school years and I discovered that not all schools have the same trends.

I apologize for bringing up the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 school year fashion trends debate in previous discussions but I looked up schools from certain places like Southern/Bay Area California, Seattle, Austin, Boston, Philly and NYC Metropolitan area and I saw that many students were beginning to lean in the 2010s clothing territory. I've seen that a decent amount of students have adopted certain elements of hipster/indie in those places. Compare those schools to any Midwest cities besides Chicago or St. Louis, those students were still stuck in the 2000s territory since the Midwest is not known for trendy places. Even in the 2013-2014 yearbooks, there are students that still dressed 2000s. If teens have access to nearby hip and trendy retailers such as Urban Outfitters or Forever 21, the school would most likely be more fashionable.

Written By: XYkid on 07/02/20 at 3:22 pm

Pardon me for reviving the thread but I would like to point out that I've been browsing the website called classmates.com where it is an archive of millions of yearbooks from the 1890s to 2015 currently. I've been looking at certain yearbooks in the 2010-2015 school years and I discovered that not all schools have the same trends.

I apologize for bringing up the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 school year fashion trends debate in previous discussions but I looked up schools from certain places like Southern/Bay Area California, Seattle, Austin, Boston, Philly and NYC Metropolitan area and I saw that many students were beginning to lean in the 2010s clothing territory. I've seen that a decent amount of students have adopted certain elements of hipster/indie in those places. Compare those schools to any Midwest cities besides Chicago or St. Louis, those students were still stuck in the 2000s territory since the Midwest is not known for trendy places. Even in the 2013-2014 yearbooks, there are students that still dressed 2000s. If teens have access to nearby hip and trendy retailers such as Urban Outfitters or Forever 21, the school would most likely be more fashionable.
I remember when I lived in Seattle I dated a guy who grew up in Olympia, and it’s like everyone’s fashion sense in that town is about 10-15 years in the past! I saw a group of teenage boys dressed like they were about to shoot an early 2000s rap video...in 2015! I remember seeing lots of girls wearing flare jeans and Abercrombie.

Written By: CarCar on 07/02/20 at 7:28 pm

Inspired by Rainbowz's thread ("inspired" but really just a copy ;D)
Early 2010s
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/annistonstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/d3/3d32c908-5331-5461-b62d-528b307c1379/5398b1989784d.image.jpg
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/annistonstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/46/746c7ffb-5ec8-5508-863a-5486b49eac5b/5398b175b9cf7.image.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RI6I4hNesbU/TMx12pFMFFI/AAAAAAAAAVM/CaOoMlmZW4c/s1600/DSC03331.JPG
http://spanish360degrees.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Spanish-4-class-Spring-2011.jpg
https://onedublin.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/csssa-class-of-2011-students.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqHtHEwbluY
http://bookshow.blurb.com/bookshow/cache/P4627284/md/cover_2.jpeg

2017/2018
http://www.northcolonie.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/SHS-Honor-Grads-2017-Photo-web.jpg
https://www.westonschools.org/high/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/09/IMG_4903-e1504801099361-1500x922.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/847911393592569856/DlRpvzqz.jpg
http://tworivertimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/NEWS-RBR-9.5.jpg
https://oswegocountytoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/MHS-Top10.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f3qwKydPh4

The fashion is obviously WILDLY different. Also, phones are still not allowed in my school but they don't enforce it nearly as much as they did in the early 2010s. My brother went to the same school I'm in now, and his phone was taken away for around a week in 2011 because he was caught texting in class, but they don't care as much now. Lots of kids were caught using their phone in my class but they got a warning at most :o. What other differences do you notice?

Technology aside(since smartphones were already popular by both eras, albeit they look pretty different but the fact that they were around in both I guess makes it look less drastic to some people), they’re clothing styles stick out to me. The early 2010s fashion looks loud, I mean look at the girl in the purple shirt in the first photo while in the late 2010s the colors look less bright and bold and more soft and mellow like pastels while the early 2010s it looks like someone sprayed glitter with crayola markers and choose the strongest colors.

Check for new replies or respond here...