inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Boomerang is now airing some classic CN shows

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/10/18 at 11:32 am

For the past week or so, I've been watching Boomerang.

From 11 AM ET until 3 PM ET, Boomerang is airing these classic CN shows...

In this order (an hour for each show):
*Codename: Kids Next Door
*Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
*Dexter's Laboratory
*The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

I think that this is awesome. Before they used to air these shows from midnight until 4 AM. Now, they are airing them in a prime spot.

What do you think about this?

Subject: Re: Boomerang is now airing some classic CN shows

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/10/18 at 12:44 pm

Its interesting for sure. I'd be blown away if they aired Megas XRL, DBZ and Naruto tho.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/10/18 at 1:15 pm

I'm going to be totally honest when it comes to Turner. I believe the best thing they should do is shutdown Boomerang and combine that current schedule with Cartoon Network's together while extending Cartoon Network back to 10pm ET. That way Cartoon Network has a really balanced schedule of modern shows and classic shows. I've been reading these shows that's been on Boomerang the last couple of years such as the Charlie Brown reboot and the Wacky Races reboot and I'm like what the f**kin hell I've never heard of these classic franchises being rebooted. But what's the point of these shows being on Boomerang when these can add to CN's so little schedule. On my phone so I can't post too much. I'll be back later.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/10/18 at 1:33 pm

I'm going to be totally honest when it comes to Turner. I believe the best thing they should do is shutdown Boomerang and combine that current schedule with Cartoon Network's together while extending Cartoon Network back to 10pm ET. That way Cartoon Network has a really balanced schedule of modern shows and classic shows. I've been reading these shows that's been on Boomerang the last couple of years such as the Charlie Brown reboot and the Wacky Races reboot and I'm like what the f**kin hell I've never heard of these classic franchises being rebooted. But what's the point of these shows being on Boomerang when these can add to CN's so little schedule. On my phone so I can't post too much. I'll be back later.

The point of Boomerang is to show older shows.

Also, CN has it's own new shows to air.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/10/18 at 1:37 pm

Its interesting for sure. I'd be blown away if they aired Megas XRL, DBZ and Naruto tho.

Megas XLR can't be aired on TV anymore due to legal reasons.

Also, DBZ and Naruto weren't CN shows, they were animes that aired on the original Toonami. The current Toonami airs Dragon Ball Super (the follow up to DBZ) and also Naruto Shippuden.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/10/18 at 1:49 pm

Also, DBZ and Naruto weren't CN shows, they were animes that aired on the original Toonami. The current Toonami airs Dragon Ball Super (the follow up to DBZ) and also Naruto Shippuden.

.. I know that. DBZ and Naruto are very special shows tho and feel Cartoon Network like. I remember back in 2000-2001, Cartoon Network used to air this commercial that had people wearing a Johnny Bravo costume and Super Saiyan Goku costume in a backyard. There were more I can't remember but you get the point.

Written By: Wobo on 06/10/18 at 2:16 pm

Not suprised, they did air Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends on Boomerang in 2015.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/10/18 at 2:30 pm

Yeah I've been aware for years. Boomerang is also for ancient cartoon franchises in general, that's why you'll see new reboots of Wacky Races, Charlie Brown, Garfield, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, and Tom & Jerry as well. There's a new Flintstones reboot called "Yabba Dabba Dinosaurs" or something like that with Pebbles and Bam Bam as the main characters and it's going to be on Boomerang of course. I feel like Cartoon Network could just combine both schedules together. I didn't feel this way before Boomerang rebranded in 2015 (or technically the major schedule change in June 2014). Boomerang from 2015-present reminds me of the post-2004 era of Toon Disney or the Nicktoons Network era from 2005-2009 (without the action shows). We were lucky to have the 2000-2014 era of Boomerang as long as we did because the classic Toon Disney and Nicktoons TV were long faded away a decade prior to Boomerang's rebrand.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/10/18 at 2:40 pm

Megas XLR can't be aired on TV anymore due to legal reasons.

I was just about to say the same for Megas XLR as well. Glad you brought it up!

Pokemon wasn't a CN show but it still aired on Boomerang. They even had bumpers made for Pokemon as well and it was totally weird AF. My favorite Boomerang bumpers from the old era were the Looney Tunes ones because of the colors, variety of characters and the background orchestra they used.

Subject: Boomerang is now airing some classic CN shows

Written By: Dude111 on 06/15/18 at 3:07 pm

What do you think about this?

I hope you wont get mad @ me Black Panther but you did ask what we think....

I think its garbage.... Boomerang used to show GOOD cartoons (From the 70s and before)

Now both channels are crapola!!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/15/18 at 3:20 pm

I think its garbage.... Boomerang used to show GOOD cartoons (From the 70s and before)

That's just your opinion and I strongly (and respectfully) disagree with it.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/15/18 at 4:36 pm

Boomerang was originally for old school Hanna-Barbera and WB/MGM cartoon reruns only while the main CN channel would just stick to their original shows, acquisitions and anime (new episodes and old reruns), but now Boomerang is just for classic CN shows and modern CN shows while they'll take the most popular Hanna-Barbera franchises from decades back and reboot those into new series. Reruns of classic CN shows have been on Boomerang since the mid 00's but the majority of the schedule was still Hanna-Barbera shows and classic WB/MGM reruns. Boomerang started declining throughout the early 10's but it was still solid with majority good content until that major schedule chance in June 2014 which was a sign Boomerang was going to rebrand in 2015. You're not wrong, but Boomerang should get SOME credit for making the schedule somewhat better compared to how it's usually been since the network first rebranded in 2015. Kinda like how we felt about Disney XD right after Toon Disney ended too then over time Disney XD's schedule improved along with its exclusive content. I look at it like that. I still agree that Boomerang has basically become an alternate CN and they should just shutdown the network and combine it with CN's current programming, that way CN would have the variety again like they used too back in its hey day. Why not have Regular Show (reruns), Steven Universe, Gumball, We Bare Bears, TTGO, Be Cool Scooby-Doo, Clarence, Tom & Jerry Tales, Charlie Brown (reboot), Wacky Races (reboot), Dexter's Lab (reruns), Billy & Mandy (reruns), etc. all in one schedule? In the process I would also push back to 10pm or 11pm ET instead of it starting too early at 8pm like it's been since 2014, and the first 3 hours of are always FOX cartoon reruns and its main programming doesn't even come on until 11pm ET, so what's the point?

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/16/18 at 12:18 am

Boomerang was originally for old school Hanna-Barbera and WB/MGM cartoon reruns only while the main CN channel would just stick to their original shows, acquisitions and anime (new episodes and old reruns), but now Boomerang is just for classic CN shows and modern CN shows while they'll take the most popular Hanna-Barbera franchises from decades back and reboot those into new series. Reruns of classic CN shows have been on Boomerang since the mid 00's but the majority of the schedule was still Hanna-Barbera shows and classic WB/MGM reruns. Boomerang started declining throughout the early 10's but it was still solid with majority good content until that major schedule chance in June 2014 which was a sign Boomerang was going to rebrand in 2015. You're not wrong, but Boomerang should get SOME credit for making the schedule somewhat better compared to how it's usually been since the network first rebranded in 2015. Kinda like how we felt about Disney XD right after Toon Disney ended too then over time Disney XD's schedule improved along with its exclusive content. I look at it like that. I still agree that Boomerang has basically become an alternate CN and they should just shutdown the network and combine it with CN's current programming, that way CN would have the variety again like they used too back in its hey day. Why not have Regular Show (reruns), Steven Universe, Gumball, We Bare Bears, TTGO, Be Cool Scooby-Doo, Clarence, Tom & Jerry Tales, Charlie Brown (reboot), Wacky Races (reboot), Dexter's Lab (reruns), Billy & Mandy (reruns), etc. all in one schedule? In the process I would also push back to 10pm or 11pm ET instead of it starting too early at 8pm like it's been since 2014, and the first 3 hours of are always FOX cartoon reruns and its main programming doesn't even come on until 11pm ET, so what's the point?

I like the amount of determined you put into for Cartoon Network. Haha I kind of disagree tho. I don't want Cartoon Network to become a echo to Boomerang. I want it to be its own thing. I also would like if Cartoon Network aired anime again. Like, it'd be interesting if Cartoon Network re-air Dragon Ball while DBZ Kai and Super is Toonami. Air 2 Stupid Dogs at 5am after Adult Swim, get the rights to the new Gorillaz animated tv series and you got a sick new era for the network.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/16/18 at 1:02 am

The fact that they are airing these shows on Boomerang now means we're officially old.

Written By: Dundee on 06/16/18 at 6:48 am

Except there are no GOOD cartoons from the 70s http://yoursmiles.org/ksmile/babe/k05163.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/16/18 at 6:55 am

Are they showing Bugs Bunny cartoons? ???

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/16/18 at 8:27 am

Except there are no GOOD cartoons from the 70s http://yoursmiles.org/ksmile/babe/k05163.gif

LOL true ;D.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/16/18 at 8:28 am

Are they showing Bugs Bunny cartoons? ???

Are you talking about the original Looney Tunes?

If so, then yes.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/16/18 at 11:26 am

It seems like they're only doing this on weekends :P.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/16/18 at 11:31 am

C'mon now people! This is how a REAL HOOD Cartoon Network schedule was like back in the day. Look at all the variety here. In this day and age half of these could only be on Boomerang while the other half could still air on CN.

S20CRsd-m9Y

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/16/18 at 2:30 pm

C'mon now people! This is how a REAL HOOD Cartoon Network schedule was like back in the day. Look at all the variety here. In this day and age half of these could only be on Boomerang while the other half could still air on CN.

But then you'd have Cartoon Network full of reboots, as repulsive as the current status of the network. Its a idea but two reboots on one network is already too many.

Cartoon Network needs to be clever if it wants to make a comeback like its been.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/18 at 3:15 pm

The fact that they are airing these shows on Boomerang now means we're officially old.

I'm still in my prime. ;)

Written By: mqg96 on 06/16/18 at 3:51 pm

But then you'd have Cartoon Network full of reboots, as repulsive as the current status of the network. Its a idea but two reboots on one network is already too many.

Cartoon Network needs to be clever if it wants to make a comeback like its been.

I've already complained about CN's reboots on other threads, and unfortunately we can't control that right now. The best thing CN can do is add more variety to the lineup which would be their first start before hiring new animators and writers to come up with the next "Dexter's Lab", "Foster's Home", or "Adventure Time" again which can spark CN into it's next era of original creativity.

The sad thing is CN has had way more variety in its library than Nickelodeon for the past decade or so, the problem is that CN has managed its shows really bad and they only like to play the same few shows that gets the most ratings while failing to give another show a chance. Nickelodeon's problem is that they keep passing on really clever shows (go watch PieGuyRulz latest video on Nick's president resigning and you'll see what I'm talking about) for really mediocre shows that's ended up becoming a complete failure. Nickelodeon got lucky with The Loud House, because before then Avatar: TLA was their last ORIGINAL hit, and we know Nick's live-action shows have been dead for awhile now. Nick@Nite is just a graveyard lol.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/16/18 at 5:02 pm

I'm still in my prime. ;)

She wasn't talking about you lol.

Written By: SpyroKev on 06/16/18 at 9:36 pm

I've already complained about CN's reboots on other threads, and unfortunately we can't control that right now. The best thing CN can do is add more variety to the lineup which would be their first start before hiring new animators and writers to come up with the next "Dexter's Lab", "Foster's Home", or "Adventure Time" again which can spark CN into it's next era of original creativity.

The sad thing is CN has had way more variety in its library than Nickelodeon for the past decade or so, the problem is that CN has managed its shows really bad and they only like to play the same few shows that gets the most ratings while failing to give another show a chance. Nickelodeon's problem is that they keep passing on really clever shows (go watch PieGuyRulz latest video on Nick's president resigning and you'll see what I'm talking about) for really mediocre shows that's ended up becoming a complete failure. Nickelodeon got lucky with The Loud House, because before then Avatar: TLA was their last ORIGINAL hit, and we know Nick's live-action shows have been dead for awhile now. Nick@Nite is just a graveyard lol.

I can't argue with that. I'm just speaking for if it could be. To me, constant reboots is a cop out at the same time.

Check for new replies or respond here...