inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does 2020 scare you at all?

Written By: bchris02 on 06/16/18 at 12:12 am

I mean, I'm thankful that it's 2018, still in the '10s.  Being in the same decade that I experienced the awesome years of 2010 and 2011 actually brings me some happiness.  Even though those days are long gone, I still feel connected to them because we are in the same decade.  Honestly, rolling over to 2020 kind of scares me.  My life right now is not what I want it to be or what I thought it would be.  This has been pretty much a lost decade for me.  Especially since right now I'm just finally getting back to where I was in 2009 in my personal life.  I mean 2018 is almost like an eerily deja vu repeat of 2009 so far.  That means I have great times and sheeshty times ahead.  But this is a pivotal moment for my life.  I have to decide what I'm going to choose, myself or my family?  It's quite a decision, because I cannot have both.  I chose wrong last time and look what it got me...a lost decade.

Anyways, sorry for the personal rant.  What about you?  Will you be glad to wrap up the '10s or does 2020 kind of frighten you?

Subject: Re: Does 2020 scare you at all?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 06/16/18 at 12:31 am

The fact that we are fast approaching 2020 does frighten me, to be honest. Even though I was only born in 1999, I feel like those 19 years have gone by incredibly quickly. I mean, I look back on my early childhood photos from the Early 2000s and I can't believe they are almost two decades old. It's incredible. The Late '90s/Early 2000s are essentially a generation a go now.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/16/18 at 12:39 am

I'm looking forward to it. I just don't want my age to go up any higher than 26.

Written By: ofkx on 06/16/18 at 1:06 am

Scared?? pffffft, I'm excited! The prospect of a whole new decade with its own distinctive trends and fads is just so exciting to me :D :D.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/16/18 at 1:19 am

Yeah it feels like the world is going into darkness and a lot of doom and gloom and wars and violence will come next decade. But it is what it is. I will be 25 that year, which is weird to think about. I should be graduated by then but it's looking like I will have to take one more semester for winter of 2020. So I will be pretty much exactly starting the decade being out in the real world.

Written By: bchris02 on 06/16/18 at 1:30 am

Yeah it feels like the world is going into darkness and a lot of doom and gloom and wars and violence will come next decade. But it is what it is.

You're probably right.  It won't surprise me if actual World War III happens next decade.  What that will look like is yet to be seen.  It seems like things are setting up for it.  I also am not so certain a breakup of the United States is very far fetched.  As polarized as this country is, the next recession, which is coming sooner than anybody wants to admit, may be enough to break this country apart.  I could easily see half the country becoming like a Christian version of Saudi Arabia and the other half becoming like Nordic countries.

Written By: piecesof93 on 06/16/18 at 1:35 am

I think y'all are overreacting.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/16/18 at 2:06 am

It's reality. All the signs are there that things are headed down a dark path.

Written By: duenas8 on 06/16/18 at 2:48 am

You're probably right.  It won't surprise me if actual World War III happens next decade.  What that will look like is yet to be seen.  It seems like things are setting up for it.  I also am not so certain a breakup of the United States is very far fetched.  As polarized as this country is, the next recession, which is coming sooner than anybody wants to admit, may be enough to break this country apart.  I could easily see half the country becoming like a Christian version of Saudi Arabia and the other half becoming like Nordic countries.

Many people in this site think that choosing a new president in the US will fix all the issues and we’ll live in a sort of utopia, but that’s totally wrong. “Terror war” is not even close to end and society will get even more divided, also a lot of social problems will get even deeper, it will be hard times.
Although I’m excited about the 2020’s, why would I be scared ;)

Written By: Elor on 06/16/18 at 2:54 am

Yeah it feels like the world is going into darkness and a lot of doom and gloom and wars and violence will come next decade.

Reality check!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCm9Ng0bbEQ

;)

Written By: Dundee on 06/16/18 at 4:33 am

Wow, I think it's time to put another layer to your tin foil hats :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/16/18 at 6:55 am

2020 we get to go for one more round of MAGA.

Written By: batfan2005 on 06/16/18 at 8:22 am

Yeap, 4 more years.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 06/16/18 at 11:08 am

Scared?? pffffft, I'm excited! The prospect of a whole new decade with its own distinctive trends and fads is just so exciting to me :D :D.

This times 1,000,000!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Written By: Wobo on 06/16/18 at 11:30 am

Lol no, i think 2020 is going to be awesome and as we get there i wonder how music will be different by then.

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/16/18 at 11:56 am

I am a little bit nervous and excited about it, but that has to do more with my personal life though. I graduate HS in 2020 which is exciting. I don't know what I want to do with my life yet though.

Also, I hope there isn't any recession in 2020. I actually don't think it will happen, to be honest.

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/16/18 at 11:56 am

I honestly agree.  ;D ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 06/16/18 at 12:29 pm

There's only 2 factors that scare me about the 2020's.

#1: My parents, aunts/uncles, famous celebrities (athletes, actors, artists), and people in general born throughout the 60's turning 60 throughout this decade officially hitting the old age knowing that they were young hitting 30 throughout the 90's.

#2: Where this political world is headed and how more intense social media is only going to get. The Trump era has thought us that ANYTHING is possible now and don't take anybody lightly. The next president could be an extreme liberal activist who starts going really hard against Christians and throws every single moral away, or it could be another Republican president again who could be even worse than Trump and more divisive. The economy could crash. We could go into a major war again and with the technology we have now and the social media era we live in who knows what could happen.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 06/16/18 at 1:00 pm

I relate to the OP's post. I'm in the same boat really. 2010 and 2011 were great years for me too, the best in fact, and it does kind of scare me that the 2020's are right around the corner. 2011 was the best year of my life and to think that I'm already 7 years away from it and soon to be in a different decade from it is rather frightening to me. I dunno if it's just me but the whole concept that we will soon be in the 2020's decade feels so unreal, like hard to believe.

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/18 at 1:02 pm

It's just another year to me like 2019, 2021 etc. I know a lot of new technology is slated to be introduced to the public that year, and that's very exciting to me.

Written By: Looney Toon on 06/16/18 at 1:05 pm

Funny how some of you are worried about the 2020s. You'll live a life full of nothing but fear then when you realize that the future is all that waits ahead of you.  I for one can't wait to see the new decade. 2020 has the same vibe that 2000 had where it feels like we'll be jumping into a more progressive futuristic world (well I mean in hindsight it wasn't really like that as the first few years of the 2000s weren't much different from the last few years of the 1990s, though). I honestly don't think we'll enter some futuristic age when we hit 2020, but I am excited to see the new trends that will emerge. New decade means new things for pop culture and technological advancements which is always nice.

Written By: duenas8 on 06/16/18 at 1:50 pm

Funny how some of you are worried about the 2020s. You'll live a life full of nothing but fear then when you realize that the future is all that waits ahead of you.  I for one can't wait to see the new decade. 2020 has the same vibe that 2000 had where it feels like we'll be jumping into a more progressive futuristic world (well I mean in hindsight it wasn't really like that as the first few years of the 2000s weren't much different from the last few years of the 1990s, though). I honestly don't think we'll enter some futuristic age when we hit 2020, but I am excited to see the new trends that will emerge. New decade means new things for pop culture and technological advancements which is always nice.

I feel 2020 like a new Y2K era, with even more revolutionary technology than 2010. I wonder if 2020 will feel as the real beginning of the 21st, like 1920’s was for the 20th century

Written By: annimal on 06/16/18 at 2:21 pm

doesn't scare me either.            The beat goes on

Written By: Slim95 on 06/16/18 at 3:00 pm

I am a little bit nervous and excited about it, but that has to do more with my personal life though. I graduate HS in 2020 which is exciting. I don't know what I want to do with my life yet though.

Also, I hope there isn't any recession in 2020. I actually don't think it will happen, to be honest.

Don't be nervous. When I was your age, I also didn't know what I wanted to do in life and guess what? I STILL don't know what I want to do with my life and I'm 23 LOL. Just live in the present moment and take it day by day, you will be graduating before you know it and don't rush into being an adult. Enjoy your teen years while you can.

I think there will be a recession in 2020, along with destruction and violence in the United States (and maybe the world in general).

Written By: Slim95 on 06/16/18 at 3:05 pm

I feel 2020 like a new Y2K era, with even more revolutionary technology than 2010. I wonder if 2020 will feel as the real beginning of the 21st, like 1920’s was for the 20th century

If block chain takes off by then, it could be. Internet block chain technology will probably be the theme of this century.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/18 at 3:11 pm

I honestly agree.  ;D ;D

I also agree too.

Written By: Howard on 06/16/18 at 3:13 pm

No, 2020 doesn't scare me at all, What does scare me is that time is flying so fast and I'm getting older and wondering where I'll be in 2 years does scare me a bit.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/16/18 at 9:21 pm

MDSA is more like it.
#MakeDeplorablesSadAgain

Written By: bchris02 on 06/16/18 at 10:20 pm

#1: My parents, aunts/uncles, famous celebrities (athletes, actors, artists), and people in general born throughout the 60's turning 60 throughout this decade officially hitting the old age knowing that they were young hitting 30 throughout the 90's.

Good point here.  My parents were born in the 60s so they are that age.  That's really scary to think about and it makes you realize how fast life goes by.  The '90s don't seem all that long ago.  The '60s do on the other hand.  My grandparents will probably die in the 2020s.  They were born in the 40s and will be turning 80 in 2024.

#2: Where this political world is headed and how more intense social media is only going to get. The Trump era has thought us that ANYTHING is possible now and don't take anybody lightly. The next president could be an extreme liberal activist who starts going really hard against Christians and throws every single moral away, or it could be another Republican president again who could be even worse than Trump and more divisive. The economy could crash. We could go into a major war again and with the technology we have now and the social media era we live in who knows what could happen.

Yeah hopefully after Trump we get a return to normalcy.  I think we need a center-left President, but we don't need a far-left liberal version of Trump.  That would make things even worse.

Written By: 2001 on 06/16/18 at 10:29 pm

My dad is already 60. He doesn't stop talking about retirement and how I'm going to pay for all his expenses lol.  :-X He's planning to retire early. 2020 might be the year.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/17/18 at 1:08 am

No.

I’m not falling for the “doom and gloom” fear-mongering drama.

I specifically recall a few posters on here, predicting mass unrest and even fu*king nuclear war to unfold some time this year. This was back in December.

Well, we’re roughly halfway through 2018 and so far none of those predictions have come to fruition. Sometimes, your gut lies to you. It’s as simple as that. You shouldn’t always let your gut feeling afflict you with irrational fear and paranoia.
I’m not ruling out any of those nightmarish scenarios. Clearly, these are some ugly times in the political field. Ugly and divisive.
But right now, I’m just trying to get through life with an optimistic vision of the future. Remember, guys, there’s always the chance that sh*t will get better. I think it will. I think we’ve reached the low point of civilization already. But I could be wrong. Who knows?

Written By: Slim95 on 06/17/18 at 1:34 am

My dad is already 60. He doesn't stop talking about retirement and how I'm going to pay for all his expenses lol.  :-X He's planning to retire early. 2020 might be the year.

My dad is 68 and he's still working at a full time job lol. He looks really young for his age.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/17/18 at 1:36 am

No.

I’m not falling for the “doom and gloom” fear-mongering drama.

I specifically recall a few posters on here, predicting mass unrest and even fu*king nuclear war to unfold some time this year. This was back in December.

Well, we’re roughly halfway through 2018 and so far none of those predictions have come to fruition. Sometimes, your gut lies to you. It’s as simple as that. You shouldn’t always let your gut feeling afflict you with irrational fear and paranoia.
I’m not ruling out any of those nightmarish scenarios. Clearly, these are some ugly times in the political field. Ugly and divisive.
But right now, I’m just trying to get through life with an optimistic vision of the future. Remember, guys, there’s always the chance that sh*t will get better. I think it will. I think we’ve reached the low point of civilization already. But I could be wrong. Who knows?

Things always get worse before they get better. And given the recent tensions and problems, a nuclear strike is quite possible. Violence and war seems to be on the horizon. I predict doom and gloom in the world next decade. The good news is you can make the decade what you want it to be. Even if the state of the world sucks, you can always make it positive for your personal life.

Written By: 2001 on 06/17/18 at 2:13 am

Y'all need to stop reading sensationalist news. 2018 has been calmer than the past 3 years or so. Fewer terrorist attacks, wars are winding down, Nintendo is successful etc. Things are looking up, even the economy is doing well. I'm optimistic for the future.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 06/17/18 at 2:48 am

Things always get worse before they get better. And given the recent tensions and problems, a nuclear strike is quite possible. Violence and war seems to be on the horizon. I predict doom and gloom in the world next decade. The good news is you can make the decade what you want it to be. Even if the state of the world sucks, you can always make it positive for your personal life.

Nuclear doom has been “on the horizon” since the McCarthy days.
There will always be meek, weak and fearful “followers” who perpetually think they’re on death’s doorstep.

I refuse to live in fear. Fear is for the weak. Fear destroys lives.

You remember that Trump’s campaign instilled fear in the public, in order to push their agenda? Or how the Iraq War was built on fear? The premise that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? A “noble lie” that cost thousands of lives, and that “noble lie” was fostered by propaganda built on fear.

So, I advise you kindly, man. I know you, I respect you, we’ve interacted here before.
Keep your head up. Doom and gloom can happen at any moment, but optimism almost always trumps pessimism and fear.

Written By: Howard on 06/17/18 at 7:17 am

My dad is 68 and he's still working at a full time job lol. He looks really young for his age.

My Father has been retired for almost 15 years.

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/17/18 at 1:47 pm

hahaha, this is so ridiculous.  ;D

Written By: CupidTheStupid on 06/17/18 at 6:59 pm

No not really. I’m pretty excited about graduating high school & becoming legal. That said, I feel sad about it because my German Shepherd is going to turn 14. 14! She’s gonna be very old & tired. She’s already showing a few signs of ageing. I don’t want to think about it  :-\\

Written By: mqg96 on 06/17/18 at 9:20 pm

hahaha, this is so ridiculous.  ;D

An extreme liberal version of Trump would be just as bad as Trump himself or possibly worse depending on where this country heads the next several years. The next president in office who gets in rather it's January 2021 or January 2025 will probably be from the Democratic side and there could be a huge backlash I predict. After what happened during the 2016 election, the liberals and the Democratic Party will come out for huge revenge and will be angry. It'll be a good thing keeping Trump and the Republican Party out but at the same time it could be really bad too for many morals that's kept this country alive for decades, and I mean the good sensible morals. Sometime in the future I could see the the majority of the U.S. population becoming too offended by Christians to the point where all religion and churches become illegal. I've also said this many times before but the possibility of Trump becoming president was only the beginning. Hell, even Obama being the first African American president which was historical. People say it's impossible for Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Oprah Winfrey, or someone with similarities to them becoming president, but you never know now with the way politics and this world have turned out lately.

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/17/18 at 10:26 pm

An extreme liberal version of Trump would be just as bad as Trump himself or possibly worse depending on where this country heads the next several years. The next president in office who gets in rather it's January 2021 or January 2025 will probably be from the Democratic side and there could be a huge backlash I predict. After what happened during the 2016 election, the liberals and the Democratic Party will come out for huge revenge and will be angry. It'll be a good thing keeping Trump and the Republican Party out but at the same time it could be really bad too for many morals that's kept this country alive for decades, and I mean the good sensible morals. Sometime in the future I could see the the majority of the U.S. population becoming too offended by Christians to the point where all religion and churches become illegal. I've also said this many times before but the possibility of Trump becoming president was only the beginning. Hell, even Obama being the first African American president which was historical. People say it's impossible for Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Oprah Winfrey, or someone with similarities to them becoming president, but you never know now with the way politics and this world have turned out lately.

To right-wingers, Obama is worse than Trump. So, seriously, what does an extreme liberal version Trump even look like?

What are good sensible morals to you? Do you believe non-Christians are capable of having "good sensible morals"?

If you ask me, conservatives Christians are far more offended by the teachings of Jesus than atheists and secularists are.
Tell a conservative Christian to do this and they'll scoff at you.

Matthew 19:21

Written By: mqg96 on 06/17/18 at 11:05 pm

To right-wingers, Obama is worse than Trump. So, seriously, what does an extreme liberal version Trump even look like?

What are good sensible morals to you? Do you believe non-Christians are capable of having "good sensible morals"?

If you ask me, conservatives Christians are far more offended by the teachings of Jesus than atheists and secularists are.
Tell a conservative Christian to do this and they'll scoff at you.

Matthew 19:21

No dude, you fail to understand my point. I believe this country always needs a good balance of conservatism and liberalism, the problem is that throughout this decade everybody gets offended over everybody's opinions now and you can no longer have a good conservation with somebody on an issue without offending somebody and trying to deeply understand both sides. It's the politically correct society we're living in. "My viewpoint of America based off how I grew up in is ONLY America." and I believe social media has played a huge role in this as well. So it's either you have to be extreme on one side or extreme on the other side. This is how Trump got in office for the more conservative side because it was out of complete hate, division, and bigotry, and now I predict what's going to happen is that the Democratic Party and the liberals are going to come out extremely mad and angry with a chip on their shoulder come next election (2020 or 2024) and they will want an extreme liberal president (opposite of Trump) who will be for anything extreme liberal (I can't bring up everything on this forum), and might take ALL traditional values away to the point where even all religion might be banned or "One nation under God" could get taken out of the American Flag. Public schools will start to desensitize our young children and program evil stuff into their young minds. Again I can't get into every little thing on this thread, that's for another day.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/18/18 at 12:03 am

Yeah I can see Trump just being a setup for an extremely liberal president. What might be happening is they are setting things up and making the crazy alt-right in the spotlight only to get the majority of the population to backlash against it and go for an extremely liberal and immoral president with anti-christian values. That is definitely in the realm of possibilities, I just don't know if that would happen in 2020 or 2024. And yeah I agree that would be worse than Trump, even though Trump is a clown of a president as well.

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/18/18 at 12:08 am

No dude, you fail to understand my point. I believe this country always needs a good balance of conservatism and liberalism, the problem is that throughout this decade everybody gets offended over everybody's opinions now and you can no longer have a good conservation with somebody on an issue without offending somebody and trying to deeply understand both sides. It's the politically correct society we're living in. "My viewpoint of America based off how I grew up in is ONLY America." and I believe social media has played a huge role in this as well. So it's either you have to be extreme on one side or extreme on the other side. This is how Trump got in office for the more conservative side because it was out of complete hate, division, and bigotry, and now I predict what's going to happen is that the Democratic Party and the liberals are going to come out extremely mad and angry with a chip on their shoulder come next election (2020 or 2024) and they will want an extreme liberal president (opposite of Trump) who will be for anything extreme liberal (I can't bring up everything on this forum), and might take ALL traditional values away to the point where even all religion might be banned or "One nation under God" could get taken out of the American Flag. Public schools will start to desensitize our young children and program evil stuff into their young minds. Again I can't get into every little thing on this thread, that's for another day.

mqg....I just think you are being so over the top that I can barely adjust my eyes after rolling them to the back of my head. Come back to earth. The liberal opposite of Trump is nothing like what you say because the liberal you describe is a conservative version of a liberal boogeyman.

Written By: ofkx on 06/18/18 at 12:37 am

Yeah I can see Trump just being a setup for an extremely liberal president. What might be happening is they are setting things up and making the crazy alt-right in the spotlight only to get the majority of the population to backlash against it and go for an extremely liberal and immoral president with anti-christian values. That is definitely in the realm of possibilities, I just don't know if that would happen in 2020 or 2024. And yeah I agree that would be worse than Trump, even though Trump is a clown of a president as well.

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/16591714.jpg

Written By: BornIn86 on 06/18/18 at 12:48 am

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/16591714.jpg

;D

Written By: Howard on 06/18/18 at 7:18 am

It doesn't scare me, 2020 is just another year that will go by just like any other year.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/18/18 at 12:21 pm

A very strong political debate in here lol.

Anyways, I'll just drop this little fact here.

Ever since the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt:

*Republican presidents have become progressively more ideologically right wing/conservative.

*Demcoratic presidents have remained ideologically consistent (center-left) with only minor differences.

Now, what does that tell us? It's Republicans who have become extreme NOT Democrats.

That's why I roll my eyes when some people say that the Democratic Party "left me".

Oh really? *rolls eyes*

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 12:32 pm

Oh yeah I forgot there's an election that year. I'm making a plugin that will block a page if it mentions Trump too many times so I'll be more prepared than 2016. BTW Trump will win again so it can't be any worse than the late 2010s.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 06/18/18 at 12:37 pm

I just hope that the 2020 election is as insane as 2016. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 12:42 pm

I just hope that the 2020 election is as insane as 2016. ;)

That's wishful thinking. It's going to be 10x worse. ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/18/18 at 12:53 pm

Oh yeah I forgot there's an election that year. I'm making a plugin that will block a page if it mentions Trump too many times so I'll be more prepared than 2016. BTW Trump will win again so it can't be any worse than the late 2010s.

Says who?

I'm not saying that Trump might not be re-elected but there's certainly no guarantee that he will win.

Hillary won almost 3 million more votes than him and she lost the elecroal college by a total of 110,000 votes across 3 states.

In 2020, the Democratic nominee won't have the baggage that Hillary had (right or wrong) and many people will be energized to vote Trump out because many people stayed home in 2016 because they thought that Hillary had it in the bag.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/18/18 at 1:03 pm

That's wishful thinking. It's going to be 10x worse. ;D

In all honesty I really don't want it to be worse. I want this country and the Democratic Party to get back up again, but I'm afraid Trump has caused a lot of damage and will continue to cause more damage which is going to have a negative impact on this country's economy and the minorities moving forward.

Also, my predictions on politics throughout the 2020's has nothing to do with previous presidents success, failures, or what they did, I'm talking about right now as we speak. 2015 was a major shift year in politics as I explained on other threads, and I predict the after effects of Trump being in office will be terribly chaotic, and I only hope it's not. I'm not bashing down any political party or leftist/rightest, but there's definitely corruption on both sides without question. BTW, thanks for the reply Slim95, right on point!

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 1:22 pm

Says who?

I'm not saying that Trump might not be re-elected but there's certainly no guarantee that he will win.

Hillary won almost 3 million more votes than him and she lost the elecroal college by a total of 110,000 votes across 3 states.

In 2020, the Democratic nominee won't have the baggage that Hillary had (right or wrong) and many people will be energized to vote Trump out because many people stayed home in 2016 because they thought that Hillary had it in the bag.

See 2004 election.

Written By: deloresthegreat on 06/18/18 at 1:22 pm

Oddly enough, not really.  I'm not old enough to remember New Years 2000 or New Years 2010 though, so it'll be the first start to a new decade that I'll remember, which should be exciting! 

Written By: mqg96 on 06/18/18 at 1:27 pm

See 2004 election. Being a stupid and incompetent folksy and dorky president is a plus with the American electorate. If Dems field Kim Kardashian they might win lol.

What if Kanye West getting recognition by Trump and Kim Kardashian meeting with Trump is their first plan for them to gain followers and run for presidency come 2020 or 2024?  :o

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/18/18 at 1:34 pm

See 2004 election.

Um, that election is irrelevant.

The 2020 electorate is going to be completely different from the 2004 electorate.

Also, Bush was very popular in 2004. Trump is not even close to being as popular as Dubya.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/18/18 at 1:38 pm

Um, that election is irrelevant.

The 2020 electorate is going to be completely different from the 2004 electorate.

Also, Bush was very popular in 2004. Trump is not even close to being as popular as Dubya.

If I'm correct Trump has the LOWEST approval rating for a U.S. president of all time. It's gonna be interesting to see how 2020 will turn out considering how each of the last 3 presidents (Clinton, Bush, Obama) all went 8 years.

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 1:42 pm

If I'm correct Trump has the LOWEST approval rating for a U.S. president of all time. It's gonna be interesting to see how 2020 will turn out considering how each of the last 3 presidents (Clinton, Bush, Obama) all went 8 years.

He started out with record low approval, but now his approval rating is about average. 45% approval / 55% disapproval is normal for a president two years into his mandate. Obama was 48/52 or thereabouts. Bill Clinton was more unpopular than Trump at this point with 40/60 or something.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/18/18 at 1:46 pm

I think it's very possible for Trump to lose in 2020. He may pass away due to health problems before then as well.

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 1:49 pm

I think it's very possible for Trump to lose in 2020. He may pass away due to health problems before then as well.

What a shame that would be.

Written By: ofkx on 06/18/18 at 1:53 pm

What are you talking about? Everyone knows Trump is the healthiest president ever!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/18/18 at 1:53 pm

Not that I'm wishing death upon Trump but why wouuld that be a "shame"?

You've been doing this pro-Trump trolling shtick for a few weeks. Why? Is this supposed be like dry humor or something?

Written By: mqg96 on 06/18/18 at 1:57 pm

Not that I'm wishing death upon Trump but why wouuld that be a "shame"?

You've been doing this pro-Trump trolling shtick for a few weeks. Why? Is this supposed be like dry humor or something?

I hate to get off topic, but this is what pro-Trump trolling really looks like. (this guy was really trolling fr)

4dUyNyfWzLk

Written By: Howard on 06/18/18 at 2:04 pm

What if Kanye West getting recognition by Trump and Kim Kardashian meeting with Trump is their first plan for them to gain followers and run for presidency come 2020 or 2024?  :o

You mean Kanye to run for President? never happen!

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/18/18 at 2:09 pm

What are you talking about? Everyone knows Trump is the healthiest president ever!

He looks like a peach, so of course, he's healthy. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 2:11 pm

I hate to get off topic, but this is what pro-Trump trolling really looks like. (this guy was really trolling fr)

;D

I do a better Trump supporter impersonation IRL but I'm not getting that on camera or an Internet post :P

Written By: Howard on 06/18/18 at 2:16 pm

He looks like a peach, so of course, he's healthy. ;)

more like a sunburned orange. ::)

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 2:22 pm

more like a sunburned orange. ::)

My parents bought a 4K OLED TV and he never looked more orange. :o

Written By: Wobo on 06/18/18 at 2:46 pm

I support trump
Inb4 i get called a coon.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/18/18 at 3:14 pm

I support trump
Inb4 i get called a coon.

Um...OK.

You told me about 1-2 months ago that you're weren't a Trump supporter and that I was "falsely accusing you of being a Trump supporter".

So are you going to explain your sudden Trump support? ???

Written By: Wobo on 06/18/18 at 3:15 pm

Um...OK.

You told me about 1-2 months ago that you're weren't a Trump supporter and that I was "falsely accusing you of being a Trump supporter".

So are you going to explain your sudden Trump support? ???

Wow you really just got trolled.
Edit: My 2000th post!

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 3:18 pm

Congrats but it's not 2000 posts of qualité trolling like mine.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/18/18 at 3:20 pm

What Slowpoke said.

Written By: Wobo on 06/18/18 at 3:30 pm

Are you trying to say that all 2000 of your posts are just MAGA trolling?

Written By: Wobo on 06/18/18 at 3:31 pm

What Slowpoke said.

But you did fall for the bait soooo.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/18/18 at 3:43 pm

But you did fall for the bait soooo.

So?

Slowpoke is slightly better with his trolling.

Only slightly. #Shade

Written By: Wobo on 06/18/18 at 4:04 pm

So?

Slowpoke is slightly better with his trolling.

Only slightly. #Shade

Still fell for it, also why were you questioning slowpokes trolling? You fell for both of our trolls.
#UltraMegaSuperShade.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/18/18 at 4:05 pm

Still fell for it, also why were you questioning slowpokes trolling? You fell for both of our trolls.
#UltraMegaSuperShade.

Um, OK (I didn't fall for Slowpoke's trolling but whatever you say)

You obviously feel hurt or something lol. It's not that serious.

Written By: Wobo on 06/18/18 at 4:09 pm

Um, OK (I didn't fall for Slowpoke's trolling but whatever you say)

You obviously feel hurt or something lol. It's not that serious.

How am i taking it seriously?  ??? All i'm just saying that fell for my joke.
Your other reply made it seem like you was taking it seriously lmao.
Also i think i know why you said slowpoke did it better.

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/18/18 at 5:05 pm

#UltraMegaSuperShade.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 06/18/18 at 5:37 pm

Trump's an old man. By the end of his second term he would be 77.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/18/18 at 5:45 pm

*78 (a few months from turning 79).

Hopefully, he doesn't get a second term.

Written By: 2001 on 06/18/18 at 5:49 pm

What about his third term?

Written By: SmartBo1 on 06/18/18 at 7:59 pm

What about his third term?

He'll become an android. And that is when America will truly be great again.

Written By: Howard on 06/19/18 at 7:00 am

He might still have all his marbles by then.

Written By: gotuokere on 07/04/18 at 12:47 am

Personally, I think 2020’s will be amazing!! I’ll finally be out of college, start my career as an animator, meet my soulmate and so much more! And knowing that times will be culturally different, I can’t wait to see how the TV shows, music, entertainment, etc. will be in the 2020’s! It’s gonna rock!

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/15/20 at 11:16 am

Well this post didn’t age very well. ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 07/15/20 at 12:18 pm

I think there will be a recession in 2020, along with destruction and violence in the United States (and maybe the world in general).

Am I psychic?  :o I don't even remember writing this but I was spot on with this.

Written By: Rainbowz on 07/15/20 at 1:52 pm

Am I psychic?  :o I don't even remember writing this but I was spot on with this.

Congratulations for accurately predicting the future! ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/15/20 at 2:47 pm

But you didn't predict a pandemic.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/15/20 at 2:54 pm

...and the pandemic came first?

Written By: Slim95 on 07/15/20 at 4:22 pm

True. I didn't know the specifics haha.  :P

Written By: Slim95 on 07/15/20 at 4:22 pm

Congratulations for accurately predicting the future! ;D

Lol

Written By: Howard on 07/16/20 at 5:02 am

True. I didn't know the specifics haha.  :P

What else did you predict?

Written By: Howard on 07/16/20 at 5:04 am

I think the next few years might scare me.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/20 at 5:12 am

I think the next few years might scare me.
The next few months will change many a persons life with the threat of job loss.

Written By: wixness on 07/16/20 at 9:39 am

A little, at least from news about the coronavirus and now the bubonic plague. The UK was once only behind the US in terms of COVID-19 cases.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/20 at 1:51 pm

The next few months will change many a persons life with the threat of job loss.

5 more months till 2020 is over.

Written By: duenas8 on 07/20/20 at 7:23 am

5 more months till 2020 is over.

I think the real 2020s will start when this pandemic is over, I hope before december

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/20/20 at 9:07 am

I think the real 2020s will start when this pandemic is over, I hope before december

The real 2020s HAVE started. the pandemic IS the identity of 2020 thus far and the 2020s will always be remembered as the decade when a pandemic, unprecedented in modern times (the 1918 pandemic was not in the lifetime of almost anybody alive today, save for a very few).  Wake up. This IS the "real" 2020s.  And it will not end before December. Even if it tapers off somewhat the reverberations will go on and on.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/20/20 at 11:59 am

The real 2020s have already started... This is the identity of the early 2020s and it's nothing like the 2010s. And the pandemic won't be over before December these measures will continue to be in place. Not to mention who knows what else will happen alongside this pandemic in the near future, perhaps a civil war in America.

Written By: Slim95 on 07/20/20 at 12:00 pm

The real 2020s HAVE started. the pandemic IS the identity of 2020 thus far and the 2020s will always be remembered as the decade when a pandemic, unprecedented in modern times (the 1918 pandemic was not in the lifetime of almost anybody alive today, save for a very few).  Wake up. This IS the "real" 2020s.  And it will not end before December. Even if it tapers off somewhat the reverberations will go on and on.

Exactly.

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/20/20 at 3:35 pm

The real 2020s have already started... This is the identity of the early 2020s and it's nothing like the 2010s. And the pandemic won't be over before December these measures will continue to be in place. Not to mention who knows what else will happen alongside this pandemic in the near future, perhaps a civil war in America.

People are counting the days for 2020 to be over as if the virus will suddenly decide to dissappear at the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve. Some think it will disappear right after the elections, not remembering it's a GLOBAL pandemic. I can see a possibility of Civil War II within the decade. America is already starting to destroy itself from within, in our cities. We have become victims of our own greed, selfishness, and stupidity.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 07/20/20 at 5:51 pm

People are counting the days for 2020 to be over as if the virus will suddenly decide to dissappear at the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve. Some think it will disappear right after the elections, not remembering it's a GLOBAL pandemic. I can see a possibility of Civil War II within the decade. America is already starting to destroy itself from within, in our cities. We have become victims of our own greed, selfishness, and stupidity.

THAT'S IT!! More than about Trump, race and the rest, what this is TRULY about is the haves and have-nots. THERE'S your civil war.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/20 at 7:29 am

I sure hope so but I think we might be still wearing masks by then.

Written By: Howard on 07/21/20 at 7:32 am

People are counting the days for 2020 to be over as if the virus will suddenly decide to disappear at the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve. Some think it will disappear right after the elections, not remembering it's a GLOBAL pandemic. I can see a possibility of Civil War II within the decade. America is already starting to destroy itself from within, in our cities. We have become victims of our own greed, selfishness, and stupidity.

I think we've become irresponsible and selfish when they started making wearing masks a mandate.

Check for new replies or respond here...