inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born and LG6

Written By: bchris02 on 06/21/18 at 5:27 pm

nSbzyEJ8X9E

Lady Gaga is starring in a full-length feature film that is set to arrive in October.  There is also rumors about a new album which is being described as "ARTPOP's little sister."  ARTPOP has actually grown on me recently.  When it came out, I thought it was inferior to her earlier stuff.  Regardless, hopefully whatever is coming next is a strong comeback for her.  She still needs to have her "Circus" era.

http://ew.com/music/2017/11/13/lady-gaga-next-album-lg6/

Thoughts?

Subject: Re: Lady Gaga - A Star Is Born and LG6

Written By: woahjoey on 06/22/18 at 1:18 am

I'm looking forward to A Star Is Born; the trailer was better than what I expected. 

As for LG6 as ARTPOP's lil sis, I'm just glad she is doing away with the Joanne persona/era.  Would love if LG6 changed up the music seen as The Fame did in late 2008 (but this is wishful thinking, of course!).

Written By: bchris02 on 06/22/18 at 1:23 am

I'm looking forward to A Star Is Born; the trailer was better than what I expected. 

As for LG6 as ARTPOP's lil sis, I'm just glad she is doing away with the Joanne persona/era.  Would love if LG6 changed up the music seen as The Fame did in late 2008 (but this is wishful thinking, of course!).

Yeah Joanne was my least favorite Lady Gaga era.  I don't think I'll ever like it to be honest.  ARTPOP has actually grown on me recently (I didn't care for it when it came out).

Written By: woahjoey on 06/22/18 at 6:20 pm

Yeah Joanne was my least favorite Lady Gaga era.  I don't think I'll ever like it to be honest.  ARTPOP has actually grown on me recently (I didn't care for it when it came out).

SAME!  I didn't like her persona of the ARTPOP era necessarily but the album wasn't too bad.  I appreciated the long all-encompassing video for ARTPOP, Venus (my fave of the album), GUY, and MANiCure.

Back to the Joanne era -- I was surprised about her Joanne tour! I didn't expect a lot of the songs on her setlist, like Bloody Mary and Schiße.  Makes me wonder if she really is going back to previous eras for LG6.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/22/18 at 7:54 pm

Good to see that Gaga is still party worthy. I would like to invite her to my place for some cake, pinnthe tail on the donkey, and blowing kazoos.  :P

Written By: bchris02 on 06/22/18 at 11:05 pm

Back to the Joanne era -- I was surprised about her Joanne tour! I didn't expect a lot of the songs on her setlist, like Bloody Mary and Schiße.  Makes me wonder if she really is going back to previous eras for LG6.

I think it would be a huge hit if she would.  However, I think she needs to put a modern twist on it.  If she did that, I think she could see a major comeback, similar to Britney Spears in the late '00s.

I think the Fame Monster is her best album, but Born This Way and ARTPOP each have their strengths and weaknesses.  I think something that combined the best of each era would be awesome.

Check for new replies or respond here...