inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What is your least favorite song of 2018 so far?

Written By: Rainbowz on 06/26/18 at 9:39 am

Inspired by the thread duenas8 made of "What is your favorite song of 2018 so far?" this thread is the opposite. What's the worst song you've heard so far that is from 2018?

I think mines is definitely this:
gA-NDZb29I4

And pretty much any song by 6ix9ine is terrible as well. He can't really rap, he just shouts and curses.

Subject: Re: What is your least favorite song of 2018 so far?

Written By: Wobo on 06/26/18 at 9:54 am

All mumble rap songs.

Written By: duenas8 on 06/26/18 at 5:07 pm

The official song of 2018 FIFA World Cup is bad af 8-P

kFMZUxX6K6o

Written By: Milk on 06/26/18 at 5:25 pm

All of them

Written By: Dundee on 06/28/18 at 6:30 pm

Just bumped into this:

CY8E6N5Nzec

Production is fairly conventional (but still ok i guess?) trap/future bass-inspired edm-chugalug, Anne-Marie's delivery is pretty unconvincing and merely grating at best, lyrics are clunky and focused-on to make matters worse (they would be better if more unintelligible), concept is just confusing and makes me question who thought this would be a good idea making a brash song appropriating an overhyped and dumb concept, bridge is ridiculous and borderline embarassing (I actually was embarassed).
This isn't good no matter how I look at it.

Written By: 2001 on 06/28/18 at 6:35 pm

That Chris Brown song. Okay, I know it wasn't intended to be a masterpiece or the kind of song you put on repeat, but that's what the radio station did so I wrote an angry post on inthe00s about how all music ever released this year sucks.

Written By: ofkx on 06/29/18 at 2:39 pm

This is way too overproduced and pretty generic IMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj6Y6JCu-l4

Written By: Longaotian00 on 06/29/18 at 3:05 pm

This is way too overproduced and pretty generic IMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj6Y6JCu-l4

Yup.... its definitely one of the worst songs this year but it continues to be overplayed 8-P

Written By: NightmareFarm on 06/27/21 at 4:49 pm

Lol filthy was probably my favourite song that year. Not a high bar though.

Its hard to pick worst. Mumble/Trap rap was played a lot and is by leaps and bounds the worst genre that year(and worst of all time for that matter) but its hard to pinpoint a specific track that is worse than the others. Therefore id give it to new rules by due lipa. Extremely overplayed, overhyped and has enough autotune to make T-pain cringe.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/29/21 at 8:56 pm

Filthy was one of the few good and original songs of 2018. But music in 2018 in general SUCKED. What an awful year for music. Awful year in general for pop culture honestly.

Written By: Slim95 on 06/29/21 at 8:57 pm

Lol filthy was probably my favourite song that year. Not a high bar though.

Its hard to pick worst. Mumble/Trap rap was played a lot and is by leaps and bounds the worst genre that year(and worst of all time for that matter) but its hard to pinpoint a specific track that is worse than the others. Therefore id give it to new rules by due lipa. Extremely overplayed, overhyped and has enough autotune to make T-pain cringe.

At least we agree on something.

Isn't New Rules from 2017 though? Maybe I'm mistaken and thinking of another song though.

Written By: NightmareFarm on 06/30/21 at 5:14 am

At least we agree on something.

Isn't New Rules from 2017 though? Maybe I'm mistaken and thinking of another song though.

Haters gonna say it's bad.

New rules was released 2017 but from what I recall it played more in the following year.

Check for new replies or respond here...