inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Amazing World of Gumball is ending.

Written By: Wobo on 07/16/18 at 6:06 pm

The Amazing World of Gumball is officially ending, they will finish they're final season which is season six.
I'm gonna miss the show  :\'( .
It will forever be part of my childhood.

Subject: Re: The Amazing World of Gumball is ending.

Written By: 2001 on 07/16/18 at 6:07 pm

I only watched a litlte bit of this show and I liked what I saw. Sad to see it along with other great 2010s animation come to an end.  :-\\

Written By: Wobo on 07/16/18 at 6:08 pm

I only watched a litlte bit of this show and I liked what I saw. Sad to see it along with other great 2010s animation come to an end.  :-\\

Yep. Adventure Time is supposed to end this year too.

Written By: John Titor on 07/16/18 at 6:10 pm

never liked that show

Written By: Wobo on 07/16/18 at 6:13 pm

never liked that show

Lol okay then.

Written By: xenzue on 07/16/18 at 7:15 pm

Damn. This really is an end of an era for 2010s animation. The Amazing World of Gumball is one of the best written cartoon shows of the decade IMO. The art was also its own, although it does have that 10s style. I wonder what 2020s cartoons will look like.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 07/16/18 at 7:20 pm

Damn. This really is an end of an era for 2010s animation. The Amazing World of Gumball is one of the best written cartoon shows of the decade IMO. The art was also its own, although it does have that 10s style. I wonder what 2020s cartoons will look like.

Cartoon Network is being such a d**k this year....  >:( Gumball is AWESOME and they're taking it away.... Well, I guess the only way for new stuff to come is for the old to go. I'm not happy though.... 2020s 'toons better be more perfect than perfect or else I'm raging BIG TIME over the loss of our blue buddy.... :\'(

Written By: Wobo on 07/16/18 at 7:47 pm

Cartoon Network is being such a d**k this year....  >:( Gumball is AWESOME and they're taking it away.... Well, I guess the only way for new stuff to come is for the old to go. I'm not happy though.... 2020s 'toons better be more perfect than perfect or else I'm raging BIG TIME over the loss of our blue buddy.... :\'(

Actually it was the creators decision (i think), just like it was the creators decision (JG Quintel) to end Regular Show.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 07/16/18 at 8:34 pm

At least the show will be ending on a high note and won't suffer from seasonal decay like the Simpsons or Family Guy. I mean the shows been on for like 7 or 8 years and has had a pretty good run.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 07/16/18 at 10:08 pm

At least the show will be ending on a high note and won't suffer from seasonal decay like the Simpsons or Family Guy. I mean the shows been on for like 7 or 8 years and has had a pretty good run.

True  :-\\

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 07/16/18 at 10:09 pm

Gumball started in 2011.

Written By: SailorSteven2017 on 07/16/18 at 10:26 pm

Gumball started in 2011.

2011? Man, where does the time go?

Written By: Wobo on 07/16/18 at 10:44 pm

Gumball started in 2011.

No, it's 7. 2011 was seven years ago not eight.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/17/18 at 1:04 pm

It is sad to see the show go. I remember there was an episode they went went Super Sayin like literally Super Sayin.
PBSP79PsoHA

Written By: mqg96 on 07/17/18 at 2:41 pm

Cartoon Network is transitioning into their next era. (Most likely by 2020)

2003 and 2004 Cartoon Network was a transitional time when the classic cartoons and the Cartoon Cartoons were leaving for the new CN original shows that would define the mid 2000's. 2008-2010 Cartoon Network was a transitional time when the mid 2000's era had ended and they were transitioning into 2010's CN where we've been throughout this decade. Now since Regular Show ended, Adventure Time and Amazing World of Gumball are leaving while Uncle Grandpa and Clarence are gone now too. It looks like CN is going to go into a new era soon. I can feel it. It's time for the CHECK it era to finally go. It's been watered down throughout the 2nd half of this decade especially. 

Written By: Wobo on 07/17/18 at 2:45 pm

Cartoon Network is transitioning into their next era. (Most likely by 2020)

2003 and 2004 Cartoon Network was a transitional time when the classic cartoons and the Cartoon Cartoons were leaving for the new CN original shows that would define the mid 2000's. 2008-2010 Cartoon Network was a transitional time when the mid 2000's era had ended and they were transitioning into 2010's CN where we've been throughout this decade. Now since Regular Show ended, Adventure Time and Amazing World of Gumball are leaving while Uncle Grandpa and Clarence are gone now too. It looks like CN is going to go into a new era soon. I can feel it. It's time for the CHECK it era to finally go. It's been watered down throughout the 2nd half of this decade especially.

Pretty interesting, being a 2010s kid who only remembers the check it era. 2012-2014 Cartoon Network will always be in my heart.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/17/18 at 3:29 pm

Pretty interesting, being a 2010s kid who only remembers the check it era. 2012-2014 Cartoon Network will always be in my heart.

Yep, those were really solid years for the CHECK it era (especially 2012 and 2013). That's how I felt about 2002-2005 Cartoon Network.

Also, you may need to reread this >>>> https://twitter.com/juanpearroyo/status/1017322692100358144

Doesn't mean it's been officially confirmed that Amazing World of Gumball is ending yet.

Written By: Wobo on 07/17/18 at 3:33 pm

Yep, those were really solid years for the CHECK it era (especially 2012 and 2013). That's how I felt about 2002-2005 Cartoon Network.

Also, you may need to reread this >>>> https://twitter.com/juanpearroyo/status/1017322692100358144

Doesn't mean it's been officially confirmed that Amazing World of Gumball is ending yet.

Oh well, i got this information from a youtube video. But Gumball could end soon possibly before even 2020.

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/17/18 at 5:29 pm

What can I say? It had to happen eventually, as nothing lasts forever. And this is coming from someone who prefers the AT-style 2010s toons to what he grew up with, e.g. Samurai Jack and A:TLA.

Written By: Wobo on 07/20/18 at 1:01 pm

Adventure Time will air it's last episode on September 3rd. I won't get to see the last episode sadly since i don't have cable and it airs one day before i become a freshman. I'm gonna miss Adventure Time.  :\'(

Written By: Wobo on 08/19/18 at 9:50 am

You know your childhood is officially over when Adventure Time ends on the day before you start highschool.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/19/18 at 10:03 am

You know your childhood is officially over when Adventure Time ends on the day before you start highschool.

That's funny to me because Adventure Time premiered around the the end of my childhood.

Written By: Wobo on 08/19/18 at 10:14 am

That's funny to me because Adventure Time premiered around the the end of my childhood.

Lol that's a coincidence, my childhood ended in 2015, but it's weird for me that Adventure Time ends right before the day i start highschool.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/19/18 at 4:23 pm

Incidentally, Pen Ward, creator of Adventure Time, was born in 1981, making him part of the oldest cohort of Millennials according to the Pew Research Center. So in a way, Adventure Time is the first instance of adult Millennials creating children's programming to entertain and educate their kids' generation (Gen Alpha). It's the Millennials' first clear contribution to American pop culture as the "adults" of the country.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/19/18 at 5:07 pm

Incidentally, Pen Ward, creator of Adventure Time, was born in 1981, making him part of the oldest cohort of Millennials according to the Pew Research Center. So in a way, Adventure Time is the first instance of adult Millennials creating children's programming to entertain and educate their kids' generation (Gen Alpha). It's the Millennials' first clear contribution to American pop culture as the "adults" of the country.

Pen Ward was born in 1982, not '81.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/19/18 at 5:20 pm

Pen Ward was born in 1982, not '81.

Oh, so he was. But my point still stands.

Written By: Shemp97 on 08/20/18 at 5:15 pm

Rip. Was aight.

Written By: gotuokere on 08/21/18 at 5:30 pm

I only watched the first season of Gumball back in 2011, and I remember really enjoying the show back then. When the second season aired, I already stopped watching it. The show did have a long run though. Sad for the fans that it’s finally ending. I know how it’s like to lose valuable childhood shows. It’s not fun, I can tell you that much. I remember when the 2000’s cartoons faded out around 2011. I guess the 2010’s cartoons are finally coming to an end. We can always look forward to 2020’s cartoons, which personally, I’m very excited for. I’m actually 20 years old, and I’ve gotten an internship at Nickelodeon as a storyboard artist. I’m starting next year. I actually have cartoon ideas for television (not revealing them here) but it’ll be a surprise for sure! My cartoons are going to be very retro style, like cartoons from the 2000’s, because I want my cartoons to feel like the ones I grew up with. All in all, I’m sad for the Gumball fans, but I’m happy that we are entering a new era of animation. I personally can’t wait for 2020’s cartoons! Hopefully my cartoons will be apart of the new era!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/21/18 at 8:48 pm

It premiered right around when I started high school ;D. Sad to see it go though :-\\. I agree with Mqg, the Check-It era has been the best for CN since the City era of the mid 2000s. However, the last couple of years has been pretty stale though. Hopefully the network can shake things up a little bit, but with its new leadership I highly doubt it.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/21/18 at 9:17 pm

It's funny, because I hated the City era. I was all about the early 2000s on CN. Toonami was at its peak then, showing classic Dragon Ball alongside Dragon Ball Z. And Friday nights were to die for: Teen Titans, Ed Edd n Eddy, Samurai Jack...it was the best.

Written By: Zelek3 on 08/22/18 at 2:34 am

It premiered right around when I started high school ;D. Sad to see it go though :-\\. I agree with Mqg, the Check-It era has been the best for CN since the City era of the mid 2000s. However, the last couple of years has been pretty stale though. Hopefully the network can shake things up a little bit, but with its new leadership I highly doubt it.

We'll see what happens. CN in the 2000s started off strong but began fizzling off later, before getting a shot in the arm in 2010 with Adventure Time. It'll probably get another shot, around 2020 maybe, right when the Gen Alpha kid culture was predicted by you to start.

A lot of people are getting sick of the "Calarts" noodle limb style in animation, similar to 70s Hanna-Barbers, 80s realism, 90s Ren & Stimpy, 2000s anime styles also being criticized as oversaturated. When the Gen Alpha kid culture kicks in by 2020, there will be a new popular animation style to shake things up. /generationology

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/22/18 at 8:58 pm

Lol that's a coincidence, my childhood ended in 2015, but it's weird for me that Adventure Time ends right before the day i start highschool.
That's how I felt in 2009 when Nickelodeon changed its logo, CN became more reality-based, Disney Channel stopped airing their classic DCOM's (pre-HSM),  Toon Disney became Disney XD. I still consider 2008 apart of my Childhood since I was still watching cartoons regularly. I was into teen stuff at age 12, but not as much as I would be at age 13, so to me my adolescence started right on time.

Written By: Wobo on 08/22/18 at 9:54 pm

That's how I felt in 2009 when Nickelodeon changed its logo, CN became more reality-based, Disney Channel stopped airing their classic DCOM's (pre-HSM),  Toon Disney became Disney XD. I still consider 2008 apart of my Childhood since I was still watching cartoons regularly. I was into teen stuff at age 12, but not as much as I would be at age 13, so to me my adolescence started right on time.

Yep, while 12 is basicallya child, i use the 3-11 definition.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/22/18 at 10:03 pm

Yep, while 12 is basically a child, I use the 3-11 definition.
I can see that.  2008 still felt connected to my core childhood despite all the major changes that were going on at the time. Anything before 13 to me is childhood, heck some people still use their teen years as an extension of their childhood.

Written By: Wobo on 09/03/18 at 10:50 am

Adventure Time ends tonight, gonna miss the show.

Written By: mc98 on 09/03/18 at 1:57 pm

Adventure Time saved Cartoon Network from those terrible live-action shows from 2009. Adventure Time ushered the animation industry into the 2010s.

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/07/18 at 7:05 pm

I still can't believe Adventure Time is over. I published some last thoughts here and I put up a confident front and all, but this show was such a huge part of my life, man. It really set a new standard for not only animation but children's storytelling, on a scale not seen since Avatar: The Last Airbender.

It makes me wonder what can possibly come next, let alone what could possibly top it.

Written By: Cringe04kid on 09/12/18 at 5:24 pm

Really? God. That used to be one of my favourite cn shows before i stopped watching in 2015. I thought that would be like Cartoon Networks answer to
Spongebob or something. So much has changed for the network since then. I hope the new era looks promising enough for me to tune back in. But with shows the teen titans go and powerpuff girls (2017) I don’t think it will. Cartoon Network should’ve done themselves a favour and cancelled that instead. Unlike gumball ttg doesn’t hold any relevance to my childhood tbh

Written By: TheKingofDaLand on 09/20/18 at 6:33 pm

TBH I thought the show was awesome up until a couple episodes in the third season, then it just got too weird for me to watch...
so I don't really care either way.

Check for new replies or respond here...