inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Are people sick of reboots yet?

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/17/18 at 3:21 am

It's been announced that Rugrats is getting a revival and a movie in the next few years.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/rugrats-tv-relaunch-movie-1202874434/

It makes me wonder if people really want revivals and reboots of their old favorite shows as much as TV executives seem to think. I mean, just because people will sit down and watch reruns of their favorite shows doesn't mean they'll watch a revival series.

What do y'all think?

Subject: Re: Are people sick of reboots yet?

Written By: piecesof93 on 07/17/18 at 6:47 am

Probably. Producers are still living in 2012. All that 90s kids nostalgia stuff is washed up.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/18 at 9:10 am

Hollywood screen directors think that reboots are gonna have the same feel as the original but IMO, they should stop with reboots, it's not going to be as good & it has a probable chance of failing at the box office.

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/17/18 at 9:55 am

I am sick of reboots. The appeal in them is completely gone. Like what, are you serious?! They gotta stop now.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 07/17/18 at 10:11 am

I am sick of reboots. The appeal in them is completely gone. Like what, are you serious?! They gotta stop now.

I never even liked them in the first place.

Written By: deloresthegreat on 07/17/18 at 12:58 pm

The people that I know are very sick of reboots.  I see complaints about them everywhere - even when a reboot isn't 100% confirmed, I still see complaints. 

While I don't hate reboots, depending on what is actually being rebooted, I do wish that new content was being created.  I'm sure that people around the world have amazing new ideas - my hopes for the 2020s are that we see more of those ideas, but I suspect that we'll see more reboots and nostalgia re-hashes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/17/18 at 1:03 pm

It's been announced that Rugrats is getting a revival and a movie in the next few years.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/rugrats-tv-relaunch-movie-1202874434/

It makes me wonder if people really want revivals and reboots of their old favorite shows as much as TV executives seem to think. I mean, just because people will sit down and watch reruns of their favorite shows doesn't mean they'll watch a revival series.

What do y'all think?
As in regard to this reboot of "The Rugrats", I still have not seen the first one, and do not wish too.

Just, if need be, re-release the original?

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/17/18 at 1:58 pm

As in regard to this reboot of "The Rugrats", I still have not seen the first one, and do not wish too.

Just, if need be, re-release the original?

The funny thing is, the original series ran for so long (1991 to 2004) and has three theatrical releases and two spin-offs. I remember while it was still on the air thinking, "Are they ever going to cancel this show?"

And now they want to make a revival series? Really?

Written By: Wobo on 07/17/18 at 2:04 pm

Probably. Producers are still living in 2012. All that 90s kids nostalgia stuff is washed up.

More like 2013, when the Teen Titans reboot was made.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/17/18 at 2:04 pm

The funny thing is, the original series ran for so long (1991 to 2004) and has three theatrical releases and two spin-offs. I remember while it was still on the air thinking, "Are they ever going to cancel this show?"

And now they want to make a revival series? Really?
A waste if good time and money. Why not create something new, or is that too difficult for writers today?

Written By: Wobo on 07/17/18 at 2:08 pm

I don't really care about reboots honestly, because all of the show's that were rebooted, i barely watch so i could care less. Aslong as there's something on TV i can watch. Some revivals and reboots can be promising like the Hey Arnold movie and hopefully the Animaniacs reboot, heck even the Samurai Jack revival was promising. Anyways The Rugrats Movie is just a revival not a reboot series.

Written By: Howard on 07/17/18 at 2:40 pm

just keep the past in the past and leave it alone.

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/17/18 at 5:31 pm

I do wonder who the reboots do appeal to, because they must to someone with how producers continually dredge up the dead. It's probably a consumer choice problem: reboots remain popular because there's nothing else to watch.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/18 at 2:50 pm

I do wonder who the reboots do appeal to, because they must to someone with how producers continually dredge up the dead. It's probably a consumer choice problem: reboots remain popular because there's nothing else to watch.

most likely reboots appeal to the younger generation.

Written By: exodus08 on 07/18/18 at 2:54 pm

No more reboots please  :\'(.

Written By: 2001 on 07/18/18 at 3:07 pm

Eh, for every bad reboots there's 10 good ones. I don't mind them. A lot of quality content has come out, and I'd rather that have been created than not. And there are enough quality new series to keep everyone satisfied.

Written By: exodus08 on 07/18/18 at 3:26 pm

Reboots should be for movies that were bad. Ghostbusters.ect don't need reboots.

Written By: Howard on 07/18/18 at 3:28 pm

Eh, for every bad reboots there's 10 good ones. I don't mind them. A lot of quality content has come out, and I'd rather that have been created than not. And there are enough quality new series to keep everyone satisfied.

some could be good and some could be awful.

Check for new replies or respond here...