inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 15th Anniversary of Teen Titans animated series and Titans trailer.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/19/18 at 11:00 pm

QWaWvQuIVMI

-PPofXaJ4go

Any thoughts? I find it so weird that on the first day of comic con 2018 they release the trailer of this new upcoming series on the 15th anniversary of the original Teen Titans. Give me your memories of this series especially for us kids who grew up in the 2000's watching this legendary cartoon and tell me what you think of the new Titans trailer? I have mixed feelings about it (ups and downs). I've give my opinion later.

Subject: Re: 15th Anniversary of Teen Titans animated series and Titans trailer.

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/20/18 at 4:30 am

Ah, I do so miss the original. Which is funny, because I've realized I haven't actually finished it. Maybe I should binge it like I did Avatar: TLA a few years back.

Subject: Re: 15th Anniversary of Teen Titans animated series and Titans trailer.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/22/18 at 9:44 pm

I enjoyed the original; however, like Loosebolt, I didn't finish watching the entire series due to circumstances. It's fantastic to hear they're making a film based on the original show. That would be great to watch! :)

Written By: SpyroKev on 07/23/18 at 9:01 am

I'm not interested. Isn't it live action? The aesthetic obviously will be absent.

After watching the original, why don't they just do that again? It left us with many cliff hangers.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/23/18 at 9:21 am

Damn, so it seems that Teen Titans is officially part of the retro category. Anyways, this was one of my favorite shows as a kid. The awesome cast of characters, riveting story arcs, mundane comedy, and homage to past DC properties & anime influences, this show didn't disappoint 8).

Anyways; there were so many funny moments in the show, I can't even keep count:

F0PRHc7MirU

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/23/18 at 11:47 am

Damn, so it seems that Teen Titans is officially part of the retro category. Anyways, this was one of my favorite shows as a kid. The awesome cast of characters, riveting story arcs, mundane comedy, and homage to past DC properties & anime influences, this show didn't disappoint 8).

F0PRHc7MirU
Right tho, I remember when it premiered on Kids wb on November 1st 2003, the same day as Pokemon Advanced and Xialion Showdown.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/23/18 at 11:58 am

F0PRHc7MirU

Mundane comedy? ???

Teen Titans was funny as hell.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/23/18 at 12:01 pm

Anyways, this new "Titans" live action show isn't based on the 2003 animated series. It's just based on the Teen Titans characters in general.

I don't like what I saw from the trailer. However, I generally hate live action superhero shows. I've NEVER liked them. I thought that Smallville was cringey and boring as f*ck growing up.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/23/18 at 12:06 pm

Teen Titans premiered 6 days after my 4th birthday. I remember it well. I LOVED Teen Titans growing up.

It was and still is my favorite animated series of all-time. I know that there are objectively better animated shows than Teen Titans like Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are examples. However, there's just something about Teen Titans that makes me love it the most.

15 years went by crazy fast. I would be so hyped if Teen Titans was revived with a Season 6 and it picked up where it left off :D.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/23/18 at 2:02 pm

Anyways, this new "Titans" live action show isn't based on the 2003 animated series. It's just based on the Teen Titans characters in general.

I don't like what I saw from the trailer. However, I generally hate live action superhero shows. I've NEVER liked them. I thought that Smallville was cringey and boring as f*ck growing up.

You'd probably enjoy the Marvel live-action shows a lot better such as Agents of Shield, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, or Cloak & Dagger. Those actually feel more realistic with better executed story-lines and aren't anywhere near as cheesy as the DC ones. If you were to watch a Marvel TV show without realizing it was a superhero show, you'd think it's an epic, thriller type sc-ifi drama series no different than Breaking Bad, Supernatural, or Walking Dead. Historically, DC has always been better with animation while Marvel has always been better with live-action. This applies to the movies as well.

Anyways, thanks for bringing that up top because I also meant to say that the new Titans series has NOTHING to do with the Teen Titans cartoon from 2003. There's many different versions of "Titans" from the comics. Even Cyborg was never part of the "Titans" originally, he was originally from the Justice League and just added on the TV series. The only part of the upcoming "Titans" series that interests me is the Raven character but other than that I'm not impressed with the choices for the actors and Starfire was done very poorly. I'll still give it a chance only because I'll be getting the DC streaming service for Young Justice's return.

Check for new replies or respond here...